NATION

PASSWORD

NS World Fair: All Aboard!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aelbarrow
Secretary

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelbarrow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

The Land of Kings and Emperors requests a Booth
World Assembly Delegate of the Land of Kings and Emperors

Prime Minister of the Land of Kings and Emperors

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Congrats to Euro
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Drexlore
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Drexlore » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you to all of those that voted for Europeia to host the NS World Fair. As Minister of Culture, I am intensely proud of all the hard work that our region put into creating the bid. I promise we will not disappoint you, and we will put on a great Fair! Once again, thank you so much to all that voted for us, and I would also like to say thank you to Forrest and Omniversal Alliance for their bids. It certainly made for an interesting race. Hopefully we see another bid from the both of you next year!

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Congrats, excited about some of the proposed topics and speakers already!

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

The Union of Democratic States requests a booth. ^-^
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Mostly Benevolent Tyranny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mostly Benevolent Tyranny » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Congratulations Europeia!
Marius Rahl
Fortitudine Vincimus!

Zaolat - Today at 7:15 PM
Drall turns everything he's involved in into an orgy.

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Congrats Euro!

European Union requests a booth.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:The Union of Democratic States requests a booth. ^-^
Vincent Drake wrote:Congrats Euro!

European Union requests a booth.
Aelbarrow wrote:The Land of Kings and Emperors requests a Booth

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Swift Sure
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Sure » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am

Europeia has convincingly won the vote to host this year’s World Fair! The support we have received from all corners of NationStates is truly humbling. It was only a few weeks ago that a harsh affair had deeply shaken our region. The support we received from the international community when this happened was sincere and deeply appreciated. Astoundingly this support crossed all political and personal differences. We now have a chance to give back and make this World Fair amazing for all nation regardless of where they are from. Thank you.

Our theme, the NationStates for Tomorrow focuses both on how we can make this game a safer and more fun place for all. We hope to help make NationStates a better place for all those who play it while building new friendships across the game and we hope that this World Fair will be the best yet!

Finally, Forest and Omniversal Alliance both worked hard on their respective campaigns. We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavours.
Rach, Minister of Foreign Affairs for Europeia
Queen of Balder

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am

Congrats Europeia! I'm excited about this year's world fair. :D
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

McChimp
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby McChimp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Swift Sure wrote:Our theme, the NationStates for Tomorrow focuses both on how we can make this game a safer and more fun place for all. We hope to help make NationStates a better place for all those who play it while building new friendships across the game and we hope that this World Fair will be the best yet!

Might this not come down too hard on the site at a time when both the staff's gameplay proposals and moderation policies are already being harshly criticised by all sides of the community? The issues I can see you're trying to raise awareness of are important on a whole new level and need to be addressed but this could become unhelpfully one-sided.
'YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.' - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.

Matthew McConahayyyy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Matthew McConahayyyy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 pm

I'd like to request a booth for Equinox, please!

Swift Sure
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Sure » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm

McChimp wrote:
Swift Sure wrote:Our theme, the NationStates for Tomorrow focuses both on how we can make this game a safer and more fun place for all. We hope to help make NationStates a better place for all those who play it while building new friendships across the game and we hope that this World Fair will be the best yet!

Might this not come down too hard on the site at a time when both the staff's gameplay proposals and moderation policies are already being harshly criticised by all sides of the community? The issues I can see you're trying to raise awareness of are important on a whole new level and need to be addressed but this could become unhelpfully one-sided.

Firstly, we do not really see sides in this discussion and secondly this isn't just about the in-game. There are a lot of forum to forum type discussions that will be had. In fact because this will be region to region, I would think that the discussions would revolve around off-site forums but I could be wrong.
Rach, Minister of Foreign Affairs for Europeia
Queen of Balder

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:25 pm

I think this event will be fun
See ya there!
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:I think this event will be fun
See ya there!

I think you're fun. Have a good time there!
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Isaris
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 18, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Isaris » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:40 pm

As the Mayor of Equilism (head of government), I would like to formally request a booth at this year's World Fair.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 pm

McChimp wrote:

I understand that "safety" in context of some of the heated discussions we've had sounds like it could be contentious, but in reality I think the topics we bring to the World Fair will be educational resources that everyone totally agrees on. :)
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vincent Drake » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 am

McChimp wrote:

According to the bid that was presented, they are mainly going for a "What-can-the-players-do-proactively" angle that doesn't appear to involve moderation policies, on/offsite rules, criminology, liability, or offender lists. Reading the slides, the two main topics I see are region admins discussing what they do to keep their regions safe, and how younger players can keep themselves safe. Doesn't seem controversial or adversarial to me.

McChimp
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby McChimp » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:17 am

Vincent Drake wrote:According to the bid that was presented, they are mainly going for a "What-can-the-players-do-proactively" angle that doesn't appear to involve moderation policies, on/offsite rules, criminology, liability, or offender lists. Reading the slides, the two main topics I see are region admins discussing what they do to keep their regions safe, and how younger players can keep themselves safe. Doesn't seem controversial or adversarial to me.

That seems more reasonable than what I was imagining. Thanks for clarifying.
'YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.' - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.

Orioni 2
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Orioni 2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:30 pm

As WA delegate for Europa, I kindly request a boot for our region.

We've visited several previous editions.

I think the time has come to give back to the community.

We'd be ever thankful if you'd have us.
Last edited by Orioni 2 on Tue Jan 19, 2038 03:14 am, edited 1.618 times in total.

The Beautiful Empire of OrioniEurth RP
Seek nothing and you will find everything

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Orioni 2 wrote:As WA delegate for Europa, I kindly request a boot for our region.

I am sure they can shoehorn you in :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Orioni 2 wrote:As WA delegate for Europa, I kindly request a boot for our region.

Shouldn't be any trouble at all.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vincent Drake » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:13 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

I would knot worry about such a well-heeled request, I'm sure the organizers will be spurred to action as long as you don't flip flop on it, and provided that it is the sole booth request for your region. Obtaining a booth isn't a huge feet when only the inactive regions get shoed away. Failure to approve in this case would be a big step in the wrong direction.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:19 am

I'm not someone important on a region. But this event sounds interesting. So may I ask more about the event, and will RP's be held too?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 am

India in the fair
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------