NATION

PASSWORD

UDS Gameplay | January Elections

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:15 pm

January 2024 Election for Elected Director

The Union of Democratic States has undergone it's first democratic election since the introduction of the new Directorate system in December. Under that system, 3 Directors became the ultimate heads of government in the UDS. 2 are permanent, and one is elected. As per the Constitution, elections for the post of Elected Director had to occur some time in the month of January.

On January 7th, nominations were opened, lasting for just over 3 days. 4 candidates signed up. Ostrovskiy, the first Elected Director and the incumbent, as well as Shaci (better known as Marvel), Novaria1, and Tuqo.

At night on the 11th, the vote officially opened. During the election, 3 of the candidates started a campaign thread on the forums, and took questions from the voter base. Marvel, Tuqo, and Ostrovskiy. Novaria did not do so.

On the 13th, a Union Town Hall occured. During it, Unionists were encouraged to give a speech or talk about issues that affected them. The only candidate who attended was Ostrovskiy, who gave a speech about his agenda and took questions from other attendees.

Finally, on the 14th of January, the voting officially closed. The UDS uses a variation on the alternative vote, where one ranks candidates, 1 being the one they like most, 2 being their second pick, etc., and then the numbers are averaged out. All you really need to know is that the lower the number, the better the results of a candidate, with 1 meaning they were everyone's first choice pick. All in all, 10 citizens voted in the elections.

The results went as follows:

1. Ostrovskiy got a score of 1.2, with 8 people listing him as their first choice.
  2. Marvel got a score of 3.2, with 1 person listing him as their first choice.
  3. Tuqo also got a score of 3.2, with 1 person listing them as their first choice.
  4. Novaria1 got a score of 3.4, with no one listing them as their first choice.
  5. Re-Open Nominations got a score of 4.0, with no one listing it as their first choice.
This means that Ostrovskiy will serve as the Elected Director of the Union until the July elections.
Last edited by Ostrovskiy on Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 pm

Is it appropriate to read this as Ostro winning in a landslide?
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

SANCTIONED by MGC:"On Europe"

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Angeloid Astraea wrote:Is it appropriate to read this as Ostro winning in a landslide?

80% baby

but in all seriousness my competitors were all amazing and I hope they do continue to provide for the Union in the future, and maybe make another run when they have more experience
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:23 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:
Angeloid Astraea wrote:Is it appropriate to read this as Ostro winning in a landslide?

80% baby

but in all seriousness my competitors were all amazing and I hope they do continue to provide for the Union in the future, and maybe make another run when they have more experience

Just from the short summary, it seems like giving a speech at the Union Town Hall might be a good idea for anyone that seriously wants to win. =P
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

SANCTIONED by MGC:"On Europe"

Previous

Return to Gameplay