NATION

PASSWORD

Lazarus Free Press: "Funk is losing," says long-time native

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Escade wrote:Yeah that's what I'm saying is that you've created a myth that has no basis in reality or actions whatsoever. Like seriously? This seems like a ploy to drum up artificial activity or like artificial something. If people are bored, there's better things to do. Like there's this new thing - social events - where you actually like try to build some camaraderie in your community and stuff.

First of all, this isn't Facebook; it's a political simulation game.

Secondly, I'm tired of this pretense that defenders just want to be social, have fun, and don't want to be engaged in all the politics when it is your side smearing other regions and their leadership, your side that is the only one proven to be involved in voter importation in Lazarus, your side that dragged all of this onto the Gameplay forum in the first place, and your side that first started using the tactics you now decry in Lazarus.

What it means when defenders say people are taking the game too seriously and we should all just have fun and be social is that we should not resist their politicking with politics of our own, and should instead just hand over our regions to them and go have a festival or something. It's a misdirection tactic designed to distract us from the reality that it's defenders who are engaging in so-called "toxic politics," political smear campaigns, and the subversion of various Feeders and Sinkers in pursuit of their ideological agenda. It's okay for them, but the rest of us should be ashamed.

Escade wrote:Also are you speaking on behalf of Balder, Osiris, and the West Pacific? Is this some sort of triumvirate now? Tell me more....

Well, let's see, I'm a citizen of Osiris with no governmental role, a mere resident of the West Pacific, and I've been declared persona non grata by Balder. Do you think I'm speaking for any of them? Me neither. I don't need to speak for them to speak about them, and about the coordinated propaganda campaign defenders have undertaken against them over the course of several years. This is, again, just a distraction tactic to evade my points.

Ikania wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You say that like I regard it as a universal moral principle. I don't care if Funkadelia is doing it right now (which is not to say that he is), I only care that when defenders do it after they've taken power in Lazarus,

So we've established that you don't give a damn about Lazarus, its community, or its sovereignty, and you welcome foreign subversion when it harms defender natives.

We have? Because I'm pretty sure I'm already on the record, numerous times, arguing that all of this is better for Lazarus. That it is also better for every single non-defender region in gameplay doesn't negate the benefits for Lazarus itself or indicate that I don't care about Lazarus. I don't care about defenders being purged from Lazarus, which is not the same thing as not caring about Lazarus. Funkadelia will bring much-needed stability to Lazarus, which will allow for real growth and more sustained activity further down the road. That is better for Lazarus.

Ikania wrote:
It will mean a Lazarus that is more hostile to the interests of non-defender regions and more friendly with our enemies. That is all any non-defender region, or any person from such a region, should care about. We do not need Lazarus to be the Sinker version of the South Pacific; having just one version of the South Pacific is already one too many.

I'm not aware of any rhetoric currently being put forth by our government suggesting we seek the establishment of a defender region, or advocate anything that will be hostile to simple non-defender interests. Or is independence from raider supremacist control counting as a defender plot these days?

Your "resistance" is filled to the brim with defenders affiliated with the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific, who have been hostile to non-defender regions for a very long time. You don't have to say that you're going to be hostile to non-defender regions or closely aligned with our enemies, because it's just obvious. And of course you aren't saying it, because in order to win this and take power in Lazarus you will need support from at least some non-defender regions, which is why your messaging is about "blah blah democracy, blah blah rights" when in reality this is only about defenderism, and defenders didn't care about democracy or rights when they were stomped by the People's Republic of Lazarus. Fortunately, it seems most non-defender regions see through your thinly veiled bullshit, which is why you have no non-defender support. Even The North Pacific remains on the sidelines.

Roavin wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Do you honestly expect me to believe they aren't going to conduct show trials for non-defenders, presided over by judges who will be selected by the "resistance"? Give me a break. There's no way they're just going to let Funkadelia, Evil Wolf, Lamb, and the non-defenders they've been accusing of being "imported voters" without any evidence remain in Lazarus. They're going to conduct laughably biased "trials" and purge them.

So you didn't answer my request (which was to demonstrate any intent), and instead posted your prediction. That's not answering my question.

Ikania has already said that Funkadelia, Evil Wolf, and Lamb will be tried, and wouldn't rule out trials for others. If you're expecting harder evidence than that, I'll tell you what: I'll post some when you post any hard evidence at all of voter importation perpetrated by Funkadelia.

Roavin wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Why would I care? Why should anyone besides defenders? It isn't in our interests to support the defender "resistance," and we won't be rewarded for it if the "resistance" becomes a government. They will just double down on hostility toward non-defender Feeders and Sinkers and even closer alignment with our enemies, such as the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific. You're basically telling us to support the "resistance" so our enemies can have control of another Sinker, because morals or something. Is that actually what passes for a compelling argument in 2017 NationStates?

When you're fighting a cold war, you don't cede territory to your enemies because it's the "right thing to do" according to your enemies.

You continuously assert that this is about defenders. Can you demonstrate that the resistance, which includes independents, raiders, and people that just plain don't give a damn about alignment, is a defender resistance? Once again, I am asking for anything even remotely tangible, and not your supposition or prediction.

There is one raider in the "resistance." One. The rest are defenders or so-called "independents" (most of whom eschew that label, but it's amusing to see you of all people using it when it's convenient) who are sympathetic to the defender cause, many of whom are affiliated with defender regions like the South Pacific. The leadership of the "resistance," Aumelodia, is defender. The apparent de facto spokesperson for the "resistance," Ikania, is defender. There is not a single non-defender region supporting the "resistance," unless you count USSD, which I don't because the "resistance" declined their support and because I would rather just not count USSD in anything, to be honest.

I also find it laughable that you're demanding hard evidence from me that this is a defender "resistance" when your side has accused the government of Lazarus under Funkadelia of being a raider puppet state. You say your side has independents and "people that just plain don't give a damn about alignment," but the Lazarene government has such people and you have dismissed them as imported voters who are voting according to raider interests to help Funkadelia implement a raider agenda in Lazarus. Don't demand hard evidence when you refuse to base your own arguments and propaganda on hard evidence -- there is much more evidence for foul play on your side than on the government's.

Drasnia wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:-snip-

Because it isn't acceptable for a GCR to be defender-leaning but it's totally acceptable for a GCR to be raider-leaning.

It cuts both ways, bruh.

I'm not saying it's unacceptable for Feeders or Sinkers to decide to be defender. All I'm saying is they shouldn't expect support from non-defenders.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:effectively making Lazarus a puppet state of foreigners.

No. Under Ikania, Aumelodia, and several other userites was Lazarus a puppet state of foreigners. Now, the true Lazarenes have ascended to power -- those who are acting on the best interests of their Sinker, like true Sinkerites. Several individuals that were purged should not be allowed safe return to the Sinker they manipulated for months, some even years, under any circumstances.
Last edited by The Sygian on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Pentaga Giudici
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentaga Giudici » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Corm, Buddy.

Ike said that he didn't explicitly confirm that the government demands the trial of the big three before anything.

You got to work on your listening skills.

The Sygian wrote:

No. Under Ikania, Aumelodia, and several other userites was Lazarus a puppet state of foreigners. Now, the true Lazarenes have ascended to power -- those who are acting on the best interests of their Sinker, like true Sinkerites. Several individuals that were purged should not be allowed safe return to the Sinker they manipulated for months, some even years, under any circumstances.

Those people are not userites, they have been in the region for over a year and Funk's regime is full of people who spend vastly more time running other goverments then Laz.

The people you name as outsiders, do Laz full time and have for a year or years.

Do I need to bring up the time that you killed a community because of your own selfish pride? The time you broke rules and started OOC fights?
Last edited by Pentaga Giudici on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentagonal Armaments
Sometimes you just need something to protect yourself with.

People talking without speaking. People hearing without listening.

I'm surprised too, maybe it's a sign things are looking up.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Corm, Buddy.

Ike said that he didn't explicitly confirm that the government demands the trial of the big three before anything.

You got to work on your listening skills.

Criminal complaints have already been filed on the "resistance" forum, have they not? Omega remains a Prelate (Judge) according to the "resistance," and new Prelates are being considered by the "resistance" legislature? It looks like these trials are already well on their way to proceeding, so it's laughable that anyone is pretending they won't happen. Then again, outright falsehoods are something we should have already come to expect from your side.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:I also find it odd that Funk's regime consists of LWU, Hydra, and TWP officials; effectively making Lazarus a puppet state of foreigners.

I don't see any TWP officials as members of "Funk's Regime". I do see a TWP official presently in an election. A TWP official who is as cosmopolitan as any player in the game today, being a delegate in a region and a citizen and legislator in many. Drall has sworn the same oath that every Lazarus citizen. To slander him or TWP because of your vendetta for banishment for repeated bad behavior from TWP is petty.

In this era of cosmopolitanism, players are citizens in many regions. This does not make them disloyal. To cherry pick people from regions you see as hostile is poor.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:24 pm

There was never any intention of purging anyone before Funk's coup. Even after the coup, if we happen to stop him, there won't be a purge. Those who participated in the coup would be tried for their crimes regardless of alignment. And just as before the coup, players of all alignments would be welcome to join the community assuming their intentions are to better the community and abide by regional law.

And in what way am I a "userite?" Is it my primary focus being in TRR and Lazarus for 90% of my time in NS or is it just because you want me to be one so you can struggle to attempt to justify Funk's crimes? If anyone is a userite it's the likes of Funk's imported voter pawns that have been in the region for two months, lol.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:There was never any intention of purging anyone before Funk's coup. Even after the coup, if we happen to stop him, there won't be a purge. Those who participated in the coup would be tried for their crimes regardless of alignment. And just as before the coup, players of all alignments would be welcome to join the community assuming their intentions are to better the community and abide by regional law.

A show trial, conducted by a "resistance" judge, is a purge. And how do you define "those who participated in the coup"? "Regardless of alignment" has little meaning when there are, of course, no defenders on Funkadelia's side, and they are all in the "resistance."

You're saying things that sound good, but only if one fails to subject them to the slightest scrutiny. Nothing you just said indicates there will not be alignment-based purges; rather, it indicates you will conduct show trials against non-defenders and call your purges "justice."

The Church of Satan wrote:And in what way am I a "userite?" Is it my primary focus being in TRR and Lazarus for 90% of my time in NS or is it just because you want me to be one so you can struggle to attempt to justify Funk's crimes? If anyone is a userite it's the likes of Funk's imported voter pawns that have been in the region for two months, lol.

This is what I mean, Roavin. You can't demand hard evidence from others when the "resistance" is still throwing out gems like "imported voter pawns" without ever producing one shred of hard evidence that Funkadelia or anyone on his side has ever engaged in voter importation.

Pentaga Giudici
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pentaga Giudici » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:First of all, this isn't Facebook; it's a political simulation game.

Secondly, I'm tired of this pretense that defenders just want to be social, have fun, and don't want to be engaged in all the politics when it is your side smearing other regions and their leadership, your side that is the only one proven to be involved in voter importation in Lazarus, your side that dragged all of this onto the Gameplay forum in the first place, and your side that first started using the tactics you now decry in Lazarus.

What it means when defenders say people are taking the game too seriously and we should all just have fun and be social is that we should not resist their politicking with politics of our own, and should instead just hand over our regions to them and go have a festival or something. It's a misdirection tactic designed to distract us from the reality that it's defenders who are engaging in so-called "toxic politics," political smear campaigns, and the subversion of various Feeders and Sinkers in pursuit of their ideological agenda. It's okay for them, but the rest of us should be ashamed.

Are you really serious mate? The other side is crawling with TI, Hydra, TWP, TBH, and LWU. Their entire voting base is very small and 50% or more outsiders, who again spend most of their time running other states.

I can't do a smear campagin Com, if I got a problem with you, it's because people lying and acting crazy gets under my skin.

Those are sins Com, those are deadly Satanic sins.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Well, let's see, I'm a citizen of Osiris with no governmental role, a mere resident of the West Pacific, and I've been declared persona non grata by Balder. Do you think I'm speaking for any of them? Me neither. I don't need to speak for them to speak about them, and about the coordinated propaganda campaign defenders have undertaken against them over the course of several years. This is, again, just a distraction tactic to evade my points.

You have been seen switching sides at the drop of a hat. It's like literal examples of duckspeak.

Are we at war with Eurasia or Eastasia?

Cormactopia Prime wrote:We have? Because I'm pretty sure I'm already on the record, numerous times, arguing that all of this is better for Lazarus. That it is also better for every single non-defender region in gameplay doesn't negate the benefits for Lazarus itself or indicate that I don't care about Lazarus. I don't care about defenders being purged from Lazarus, which is not the same thing as not caring about Lazarus. Funkadelia will bring much-needed stability to Lazarus, which will allow for real growth and more sustained activity further down the road. That is better for Lazarus.

Lazarus is mostly defender in it's culture and people. What you are asking for is not that different from trying to remove all the white people from the US.

Can you imagine what doing that to the US, or removing the defenders from Lazarus would do to our cultures?

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Your "resistance" is filled to the brim with defenders affiliated with the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific, who have been hostile to non-defender regions for a very long time. You don't have to say that you're going to be hostile to non-defender regions or closely aligned with our enemies, because it's just obvious. And of course you aren't saying it, because in order to win this and take power in Lazarus you will need support from at least some non-defender regions, which is why your messaging is about "blah blah democracy, blah blah rights" when in reality this is only about defenderism, and defenders didn't care about democracy or rights when they were stomped by the People's Republic of Lazarus. Fortunately, it seems most non-defender regions see through your thinly veiled bullshit, which is why you have no non-defender support. Even The North Pacific remains on the sidelines.

Two of our highest military commandos are raiders, we are taking advice and planning our liberation with raiders.

Get your facts straight.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Do you honestly expect me to believe they aren't going to conduct show trials for non-defenders, presided over by judges who will be selected by the "resistance"? Give me a break. There's no way they're just going to let Funkadelia, Evil Wolf, Lamb, and the non-defenders they've been accusing of being "imported voters" without any evidence remain in Lazarus. They're going to conduct laughably biased "trials" and purge them.

The hardest problem isn't proving there was voting importation, it's not proving it.

The list of approved nations is almost all raiders, the rejected ones are natives who are defenders and people who wanted to visit who are defenders.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You continuously assert that this is about defenders. Can you demonstrate that the resistance, which includes independents, raiders, and people that just plain don't give a damn about alignment, is a defender resistance? Once again, I am asking for anything even remotely tangible, and not your supposition or prediction.
There is one raider in the "resistance." One. The rest are defenders or so-called "independents" (most of whom eschew that label, but it's amusing to see you of all people using it when it's convenient) who are sympathetic to the defender cause, many of whom are affiliated with defender regions like the South Pacific. The leadership of the "resistance," Aumelodia, is defender. The apparent de facto spokesperson for the "resistance," Ikania, is defender. There is not a single non-defender region supporting the "resistance," unless you count USSD, which I don't because the "resistance" declined their support and because I would rather just not count USSD in anything, to be honest.

I also find it laughable that you're demanding hard evidence from me that this is a defender "resistance" when your side has accused the government of Lazarus under Funkadelia of being a raider puppet state. You say your side has independents and "people that just plain don't give a damn about alignment," but the Lazarene government has such people and you have dismissed them as imported voters who are voting according to raider interests to help Funkadelia implement a raider agenda in Lazarus. Don't demand hard evidence when you refuse to base your own arguments and propaganda on hard evidence -- there is much more evidence for foul play on your side than on the government's.

There is four commandos who are raiders, at least four, I noticed that a number of us are neither, having raided and defended during our time on this site.

Are you unable to remember that again, some of us worked for TBH or raided with them. Some of us worked with Hydra. Some of us worked with Firehelm.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Because it isn't acceptable for a GCR to be defender-leaning but it's totally acceptable for a GCR to be raider-leaning.

It cuts both ways, bruh.

I'm not saying it's unacceptable for Feeders or Sinkers to decide to be defender. All I'm saying is they shouldn't expect support from non-defenders.[/quote]

Yes we should. We are fighting liars and traitors. We are fighting people who look at three or five and think that is more then 20. We are fighting people who prevent us from voting and then demand that we actually vote if we say what we mean.

Com, what the hell is your agenda?

What I want is super clear, it couldn't be any clearer. I want my shit back, I want my life back, I want my region and my hard work back.

What do you want? What do any of you want?

A laugh? A stroke of your ego? What?
Last edited by Pentaga Giudici on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentagonal Armaments

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Are you really serious mate? The other side is crawling with TI, Hydra, TWP, TBH, and LWU. Their entire voting base is very small and 50% or more outsiders, who again spend most of their time running other states.

I would like to see evidence of that entire claim. I would specifically love to see evidence that the West Pacific is piling in support of Funkadelia, given that they are definitely supporting the Delegate transition in Osiris right now with their flags proudly flying, which means for them to also be piling in support of Funkadelia they would need to be multying. In other words, no, they are not in Lazarus. How many of the other regions you just listed aren't in Lazarus? How can we regard you as at all credible when you are spewing false information and purporting that it's fact?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:I can't do a smear campagin Com, if I got a problem with you, it's because people lying and acting crazy gets under my skin.

lol what?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:You have been seen switching sides at the drop of a hat. It's like literal examples of duckspeak.

lol what?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Lazarus is mostly defender in it's culture and people. What you are asking for is not that different from trying to remove all the white people from the US.

Can you imagine what doing that to the US, or removing the defenders from Lazarus would do to our cultures?

LOL WHAT?

Again, it is no surprise how few regions are supporting the "resistance." Who can support statements like these and the people who make them?
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sygian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Those people are not userites, they have been in the region for over a year

The latter half of this quote is very true, sadly. Lazarus has been ruled and manipulated by Userites for a long period of time. Though the beginning is absolutely false. They are userites in every aspect in the sense that they infected and filled Lazarus to the brim with their corruption by affecting the Sinker's internal and foreign policy like no other. The only chance of reversion now is the revolution that Funkadelia is bearing.
Pentaga Giudici wrote:and Funk's regime is full of people who spend vastly more time running other goverments then Laz.

Blatantly untrue. Please, give me some examples.
Pentaga Giudici wrote:Do I need to bring up the time that you killed a community because of your own selfish pride? The time you broke rules and started OOC fights?

I... sure? Go ahead. If you are trying to claim that Funkadelia's selfishness is killing the community, then you clearly haven't seen their Discord activity -- because apparently that is a ruling factor of whether or not a faction is alive or dead.

Whether or not Funkadelia broke laws of the region is not relevant. Purging the Userite's infecting the region is vital to sustaining Lazarene Sovereignty.

Hail Funkadelia!
Sygian Vytherov

Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Regent of Auralia
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pentaga Giudici wrote:Are you really serious mate? The other side is crawling with TI, Hydra, TWP, TBH, and LWU. Their entire voting base is very small and 50% or more outsiders, who again spend most of their time running other states.

I would like to see evidence of that entire claim. I would specifically love to see evidence that the West Pacific is piling in support of Funkadelia, given that they are definitely supporting the Delegate transition in Osiris right now with their flags proudly flying, which means for them to also be piling in support of Funkadelia they would need to be multying. In other words, no, they are not in Lazarus. How many of the other regions you just listed aren't in Lazarus? How can we regard you as at all credible when you are spewing false information and purporting that it's fact?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:I can't do a smear campagin Com, if I got a problem with you, it's because people lying and acting crazy gets under my skin.

lol what?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:You have been seen switching sides at the drop of a hat. It's like literal examples of duckspeak.

lol what?

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Lazarus is mostly defender in it's culture and people. What you are asking for is not that different from trying to remove all the white people from the US.

LOL WHAT?

Again, it is no surprise how few regions are supporting the "resistance." Who can support statements like these and the people who make them?

Who can support a side who lets the TI support them?

Also he's not wrong, you switch alingments and beliefs whenever it can benefit you.

You're like Aaron Burr, except you smile less and talk more
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Cormac just wants Lazarus to burn. He hasn't tried to hide that. Yes he's lied so spectacularly that he probably can't keep a straight face when he types it, but he doesn't care one bit for law. He's admitted that freely and publicly.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

The Sygian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:Are you really serious mate? The other side is crawling... TBH...

As an official of The Black Hawks, I'll say that we as a region have no interest in interfering with the Lazarus situation, so please refrain from using us as an example. As far as we have been told, this is not a raid, this is an internal conflict in a GCR. We see no benefit nor any particular obligation to getting involved in this situation. However, this does not apply to Hawks that have chosen to support Funkadelia, or join the resistance, as individuals acting on their own interests.

tl;dr we don't give a FAHAWK
Last edited by The Sygian on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sygian Vytherov

Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Regent of Auralia

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Canton Empire wrote:Who can support a side who lets the TI support them?

Also he's not wrong, you switch alingments and beliefs whenever it can benefit you.

The Church of Satan wrote:Cormac just wants Lazarus to burn. He hasn't tried to hide that. Yes he's lied so spectacularly that he probably can't keep a straight face when he types it, but he doesn't care one bit for law. He's admitted that freely and publicly.

Oh nope. Nope nope nope. We are not moving on from what just happened here with "Look, Cormac is a flip-flopper! Also, the sky is blue!"

A member of the "resistance," someone on your side, just said that I was guilty of "deadly Satanic sins" and equated support for Funkadelia in a browser game with the ethnic cleansing of white people from the United States of America, a thing that does not actually exist, and if it did would certainly be a lot worse than supporting a guy in a browser game. So, "resistance," enough about me! Do you disavow the outrageous statements made by a member of your faction, and if so, what are you going to do about it? Surely he is not going to be remaining in the "resistance," right?

Pentaga Giudici
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pentaga Giudici » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:53 pm

I said remove, as in deport.

You can't deport most of a groups active population and expect the place to still have a culture.

Do you understand that?

Do I need to explain to you that removing over 70% of an active culture is a bad thing?
Pentagonal Armaments

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:Who can support a side who lets the TI support them?

The Church of Satan wrote:Cormac just wants Lazarus to burn. He hasn't tried to hide that. Yes he's lied so spectacularly that he probably can't keep a straight face when he types it, but he doesn't care one bit for law. He's admitted that freely and publicly.

Oh nope. Nope nope nope. We are not moving on from what just happened here with "Look, Cormac is a flip-flopper! Also, the sky is blue!"

A member of the "resistance," someone on your side, just said that I was guilty of "deadly Satanic sins" and equated support for Funkadelia in a browser game with the ethnic cleansing of white people from the United States of America, a thing that does not actually exist, and if it did would certainly be a lot worse than supporting a guy in a browser game. So, "resistance," enough about me! Do you disavow the outrageous statements made by a member of your faction, and if so, what are you going to do about it? Surely he is not going to be remaining in the "resistance," right?

Of course I disavow the ignorant statements made.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm

The Sygian wrote:
Pentaga Giudici wrote:Are you really serious mate? The other side is crawling... TBH...

As an official of The Black Hawks, I'll say that we as a region have no interest in interfering with the Lazarus situation, so please refrain from using us as an example. As far as we have been told, this is not a raid, this is an internal conflict in a GCR. We see no benefit nor any particular obligation to getting involved in this situation. However, this does not apply to Hawks that have chosen to support Funkadelia, or join the resistance, as individuals acting on their own interests.

tl;dr we don't give a FAHAWK

Can confirm, the only way we've been involved as a region is when a member of the resistance approached us for support in a manner that the rest of the resistance later disavowed, and we informed Killer Kitty among others of what had occurred. I wouldn't deny that more of our members are likely sympathetic towards those in power at present than the resistance, but any endorsements deployed would not be in their capacity as members of TBH. We have other orders.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:I said remove, as in deport.

You can't deport most of a groups active population and expect the place to still have a culture.

Do you understand that?

Do I need to explain to you that removing over 70% of an active culture is a bad thing?

As the situation has dragged on, I've seen your claim drop from 90 to 80, and now to 70%
Which is it? Is it even a number rooted in fact? Or is it, as I suspect, one pulled straight out of your ass?
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Pentaga Giudici
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pentaga Giudici » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Panzer Vier wrote:
Pentaga Giudici wrote:I said remove, as in deport.

Do you understand that?

As the situation has dragged on, I've seen your claim drop from 90 to 80, and now to 70%
Which is it? Is it even a number rooted in fact? Or is it, as I suspect, one pulled straight out of your ass?

From the very beginning, several times I used a range from 70-90%.

The numbers are back when the Gang of Three was just three people and nations that were a few days old.

As time passed, two more nations that were natives, though I am not sure how active they are, backed Funk as well.

Granted, our side gained a lot of native support... So I guess I have to do a fresh recount.

The 70% number is a "At least number".

Do you feel me?
Pentagonal Armaments

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Pentaga Giudici wrote:
Panzer Vier wrote:

From the very beginning, several times I used a range from 70-90%.

The numbers are back when the Gang of Three was just three people and nations that were a few days old.

As time passed, two more nations that were natives, though I am not sure how active they are, backed Funk as well.

Granted, our side gained a lot of native support... So I guess I have to do a fresh recount.

The 70% number is a "At least number".

Do you feel me?

Alright, I guess it was the latter; thanks for your time ^~^
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:44 pm

The Sygian wrote:

Not speaking on behalf of the NPO but myself:

Good, let's assume this logic reflects reality: If the people who have "ascended to power" and their supporters are Sinkerite, then you must be the most dedicated Defender I have ever seen, Sygian. Correct?
In other words, they are as Sinkerite as you are Defender. Still don't get it? In other words: 0%. I would wish that at least ~100+ endorsements from Funkadelia would GTFO Lazarus back to their back-watering trash UCR's where they came from. The GCR are not Free For All and you people don't belong in there. You belong back to your UCR and just for your information Sygian: that's entirely the essence of Francoism, something you try to adapt in here over and over again. Frankly, without realizing that by doing so, you are pretty much owning yourself over and over and over again.

Just don't simply use Francoist rhetoric Sygian, apply it. Apply it on yourself and go: go back and vegetate in TBH.
It has been the most hilarious thing since days that Francoist rhetoric is used by nations that by Francoist dogma are not welcome in GCR.

But thank you for the laugh regardless.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Pergamon wrote:I would wish that at least ~100+ endorsements from Funkadelia would GTFO Lazarus back to their back-watering trash UCR's where they came from. The GCR are not Free For All and you people don't belong in there.

It's mind-blowing to me that you are still on the NPO's Senate in any capacity. Do you have even a tiny bit of evidence that ~100 of Funkadelia's endorsements are foreign? Even the most fact-free, outlandish member of the "resistance" has only identified ~20 that are accused of being foreign.

Whether you preface a post this ridiculous by saying you aren't speaking for the NPO or not, the fact remains that you are a Senator of the New Pacific Order, and when you post something this absurd it makes the entire NPO look absurd. There is no getting around that with a cursory disclaimer.

Davelands
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Davelands » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pergamon wrote:I would wish that at least ~100+ endorsements from Funkadelia would GTFO Lazarus back to their back-watering trash UCR's where they came from. The GCR are not Free For All and you people don't belong in there.

It's mind-blowing to me that you are still on the NPO's Senate in any capacity. Do you have even a tiny bit of evidence that ~100 of Funkadelia's endorsements are foreign? Even the most fact-free, outlandish member of the "resistance" has only identified ~20 that are accused of being foreign.

Whether you preface a post this ridiculous by saying you aren't speaking for the NPO or not, the fact remains that you are a Senator of the New Pacific Order, and when you post something this absurd it makes the entire NPO look absurd. There is no getting around that with a cursory disclaimer.

Not speaking on behalf of TWP but myself:

Remember Cormac, TWP has at least 75 nations piling on Funk in addition to the 100 we have helping Osiris and in addition to the other 200 we have spread around NS...

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Last edited by Davelands on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Don of The Family NS and the CEO of The Sportsbook
The West Pacific - Former Delegate, Guardian, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Internal Affairs
The East Pacific - Former Minister of Regional Affairs, Provost, Magister, and Minister of Foreign Affairs
Banned/PNG/Proscribed/Pick-Your-Synonym from: Osiris, The East Pacific, The Pacific, The South Pacific, and others (if I'm banned from your region, let me know and I'll add you to the list)
Author of the record setting SC proposal "Condemn Nations Creating Regions For SC Props"

As always: Freaking Adorable

Altheriol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Altheriol » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

From The Articles of Government and Civil Code of The Pacific:
These positions are appointed based on a meritocratic system with the approval of the sitting World Assembly Delegate nation:

I would presume that the rest of Pergamon's record is deemed sufficiently deserving. Unless you have more accurate information than I, which is both highly likely and also liable to be irrelevant given your views on the person.
Unless specifically stated, all posts are in a personal capacity only.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Why do I not even wonder that you would pick that up to use it against the NPO once again? We all got it Cormac, you hate the NPO and especially my persona. However, you might have missed the point that I clearly over-exaggerated there, but that must be a foreign concept to you. It is a common tool to completely ridicule actual realities. And the reality of Lazarus as it is, is ridiculous. I do not want to praise Funkadelia, but it might be the factual case that some nations yet again completely ignored game mechanics and thought that some off-site forum post is ensuring their national and regional integrity. No victim blame, they also already payed dearly for this. Nonetheless, it kept the entirety of GP entertained or busy while the people are most likely just waiting for the next episode of game of thrones, as sad this might sound.
Last edited by Pergamon on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay