NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:33 am

Congratulations to the Slab of Concrete.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:02 pm

Tinhampton wrote:I thought Concrete Slab had already been the leader of SPSF for a few months or so

*figurehead leader
though congrats slab you are literally jesus
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Utahn Theocratic Republic
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Utahn Theocratic Republic » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:51 am

Other than getting spammed on discord by slab i think this is a big W for the SPSF.
American Football/College Sports puppet of Canadian Dominion

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:05 am

Divine Spirit Mausoleum wrote:Congratulations, Concrete Slab! You've made the SPSF an amazing and inviting place to be, and to see a high turnout at the peak of the England siege is especially amazing!!

You're awesome, keep up the good work!!

Thank you so much! I am absolutely so impressed with your progress and have such a blast whenever we're updating together!
Orcuo wrote:W Moment.

W
Westinor wrote:The. Literal. Best.

YOU GO BIG BRO

How can I be the best when I have you for a little sis?
Pichtonia wrote:Congratulations CS, awesome news!

Thank you Pic!!!
One Small Island wrote:a simply slabulous decision

>:D
Maowi wrote:Congratulations!!!

Thanks Maowi!
Jar Wattinree wrote:Congratulations to the Slab of Concrete.

The Slab of Concrete accepts your congratulations.
Drew Durrnil wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:I thought Concrete Slab had already been the leader of SPSF for a few months or so

*figurehead leader

I'm the actual leader! And I don't know if I'd go that far :P
Utahn Theocratic Republic wrote:Other than getting spammed on discord by slab i think this is a big W for the SPSF.

If you showed up to more update I could promote you :P
Concrete Slab
Author of GAR#471, GAR#479, SCR#271, SCR#370, SCR#426, and SCR#428
Co-author of SCR#300, SCR#422, SCR#432, SCR#486, and SCR#487
2023 Defender Newcomer, Mentor, and Quote of the Year
RMB Moderator of The South Pacific
Lieutenant of the South Pacific Special Forces
Join The South Pacific Special Forces Today!
CS isn't inherently doing anything wrong, Hulldom just has a deep preference for boring, which CS does not always find himself within the lines of

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Concrete Slab wrote:
Divine Spirit Mausoleum wrote:Congratulations, Concrete Slab! You've made the SPSF an amazing and inviting place to be, and to see a high turnout at the peak of the England siege is especially amazing!!

You're awesome, keep up the good work!!

Thank you so much! I am absolutely so impressed with your progress and have such a blast whenever we're updating together!
Orcuo wrote:W Moment.

W
Westinor wrote:The. Literal. Best.

YOU GO BIG BRO

Pichtonia wrote:Congratulations CS, awesome news!

Thank you Pic!!!
One Small Island wrote:a simply slabulous decision

Maowi wrote:Congratulations!!!

Thanks Maowi!
Jar Wattinree wrote:Congratulations to the Slab of Concrete.

Drew Durrnil wrote:*figurehead leader

Utahn Theocratic Republic wrote:Other than getting spammed on discord by slab i think this is a big W for the SPSF.

slab forgets me first responder :(
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:28 am

Ostrovskiy wrote:
Concrete Slab wrote:

W

Thank you Pic!!!

Thanks Maowi!

slab forgets me first responder :(

You were included in my first blanket response!
Concrete Slab
Author of GAR#471, GAR#479, SCR#271, SCR#370, SCR#426, and SCR#428
Co-author of SCR#300, SCR#422, SCR#432, SCR#486, and SCR#487
2023 Defender Newcomer, Mentor, and Quote of the Year
RMB Moderator of The South Pacific
Lieutenant of the South Pacific Special Forces
Join The South Pacific Special Forces Today!
CS isn't inherently doing anything wrong, Hulldom just has a deep preference for boring, which CS does not always find himself within the lines of

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:34 am

Concrete Slab wrote:
Ostrovskiy wrote:slab forgets me first responder :(

You were included in my first blanket response!

oh ok
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Free Social Conservatives
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2023
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Free Social Conservatives » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:07 am

Slab great job! No idea what you got promoted to, as you were already MoD :unsure:
I'm sure you'll do great! After all HS just wrote the most amazing article about you! Keep up the good work!
*Realizes Slab was promoted to Officer*
Ahhhhh I see now
Conservative nation, conservative player.
Crazy girl wrote:I usually go by Crazy girl or CG, but the Almighty works.

Neanderthaland wrote:God is really regretting that, "whoever kills Hitler gets a free pass to heaven" policy right now.

Sedgistan wrote:burn Algerheaven to the ground.

Madjack
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2012

Postby Madjack » Sat May 13, 2023 8:55 am

Given that the Prime Minister now intends to re-appoint HumanSanity to cabinet only a month after they fell on their sword for attempting to extort The North Pacific, can TSP's government comment on whether they actually meant any part of their apology or whether it was all just to save face?
Definitely not The Notorious Mad Jack, despite being almost as smart and handsome as I am.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hulldom » Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 am

I know my word means jack all here, but as the person affected, HS shouldn't be within a mile of any Cabinet where he can participate in any FA decision if you sincerely meant sorry.

Frankly, shameful that the once-again feckless TSP leadership failed to realize that.
...And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud!

Mlakhavia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlakhavia » Sat May 13, 2023 10:12 am

I mean, they were the last to apologise. If any of the perpetrators cared, they'd have stopped well before LWU made it public -- but at least TSP's making that clearer than the rest.
PRAF
THROUGH RED SKIES // TO GREEN FIELDS
Fight the Right: Join the PRAF!
Leningrad Airfield: Ruling the skies since 2021.
Leftist Reading Resources
Come to the Communist Bloc: NationStates' largest leftist region! ★

/ Independent of the Year 2023 / Air Marshal of the People's Revolutionary Air Force / Terror of Trinidad /

Perfidious trickster beloved by all*, legitimate Delegate of Warzone Trinidad, &c. 'Tyrant', 'unhinged', 'Misley 2', 'fucking annoying', 'a genuinely terrible person'
She / Her

[iota] — «being british is fine when you do it»
[nota] — «you embody the spirit of what i enjoy in raiding»
[wasc] — «Sleet is an amazing person, do not follow in her footsteps»

Eternal Algerstonia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Algerstonia » Sat May 13, 2023 10:44 am

Madjack wrote:Given that the Prime Minister now intends to re-appoint HumanSanity to cabinet only a month after they fell on their sword for attempting to extort The North Pacific, can TSP's government comment on whether they actually meant any part of their apology or whether it was all just to save face?

soon + 2 weeks

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sandaoguo » Sat May 13, 2023 11:10 am

If you really think it’s reasonable or appropriate to demand TSP blacklists one of its most active and dedicated members, over some ridiculous blip that wouldn’t even belong in the footnotes of a history book, then I don’t know why TSP should care about how you perceive HS contributing to TSP’s government and helping keep the community active.

Dreadton
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018

Postby Dreadton » Sat May 13, 2023 11:15 am

... and have a frank and thorough discussion about what our culture and values currently are, what we want them to be, and how we get there.

Apparently TSP values are
1. Defender - but only when convenient, then our morals are what ever they need to be.
2. Our treaties mean nothing
3. Obey and Survive
Just a Shameless Nobody.

All post are representations of the policy and opinions of the nation of Dreadton and not official TNP policy, unless specifically noted

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat May 13, 2023 11:15 am

Sandaoguo wrote:If you really think it’s reasonable or appropriate to demand TSP blacklists one of its most active and dedicated members, over some ridiculous blip that wouldn’t even belong in the footnotes of a history book, then I don’t know why TSP should care about how you perceive HS contributing to TSP’s government and helping keep the community active.

I mean, I don't know, threatening a treaty ally, doubling down on it, and then relying on the remaining government (when your position was untenable and I have a sneaking suspicion you were pushed rather than willingly gone) to bail water out of the lifeboat is certainly worthy of some sort of long-term timeout, I have to think.

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Sat May 13, 2023 11:19 am

Hulldom wrote:
Sandaoguo wrote:If you really think it’s reasonable or appropriate to demand TSP blacklists one of its most active and dedicated members, over some ridiculous blip that wouldn’t even belong in the footnotes of a history book, then I don’t know why TSP should care about how you perceive HS contributing to TSP’s government and helping keep the community active.

I mean, I don't know, threatening a treaty ally, doubling down on it, and then relying on the remaining government (when your position was untenable and I have a sneaking suspicion you were pushed rather than willingly gone) to bail water out of the lifeboat is certainly worthy of some sort of long-term timeout, I have to think.

TNP is not worth damaging our long-term community activity by forever punishing HS because they got their feelings hurt over something. HS is worth 100 times more than the insubstantial (to borderline non-existent) benefits the TNP-TSP “alliance” has created over the last several years.
Last edited by Sandaoguo on Sat May 13, 2023 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mlakhavia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlakhavia » Sat May 13, 2023 11:20 am

tsp natives on their way to call this a "ridiculous blip" and then do everything in their power to make such a scene that it will be anything but
PRAF
THROUGH RED SKIES // TO GREEN FIELDS
Fight the Right: Join the PRAF!
Leningrad Airfield: Ruling the skies since 2021.
Leftist Reading Resources
Come to the Communist Bloc: NationStates' largest leftist region! ★

/ Independent of the Year 2023 / Air Marshal of the People's Revolutionary Air Force / Terror of Trinidad /

Perfidious trickster beloved by all*, legitimate Delegate of Warzone Trinidad, &c. 'Tyrant', 'unhinged', 'Misley 2', 'fucking annoying', 'a genuinely terrible person'
She / Her

[iota] — «being british is fine when you do it»
[nota] — «you embody the spirit of what i enjoy in raiding»
[wasc] — «Sleet is an amazing person, do not follow in her footsteps»

Chipoli
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2022

Postby Chipoli » Sat May 13, 2023 11:20 am

Sandaoguo wrote:
Hulldom wrote:I mean, I don't know, threatening a treaty ally, doubling down on it, and then relying on the remaining government (when your position was untenable and I have a sneaking suspicion you were pushed rather than willingly gone) to bail water out of the lifeboat is certainly worthy of some sort of long-term timeout, I have to think.

TNP is not worth damaging our long-term community activity by forever punishing HS because they got their feelings hurt over something. HS is worth 100 times more than the insubstantial (to borderline non-existent) benefits the TNP-TSP “alliance” has created over the last several years.

I guess you all want the treaty gone, then.
Last edited by Chipoli on Sat May 13, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

All my comments represent my views and my views only unless otherwise indicated.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat May 13, 2023 11:21 am

Sandaoguo wrote:
Hulldom wrote:I mean, I don't know, threatening a treaty ally, doubling down on it, and then relying on the remaining government (when your position was untenable and I have a sneaking suspicion you were pushed rather than willingly gone) to bail water out of the lifeboat is certainly worthy of some sort of long-term timeout, I have to think.

Oh, Glen. While perhaps it should have been obvious where you stood when you'd talk to my Deputy but never the man in charge (Pepperidge Farms Remembers), I didn't think you'd outright say it.

And to be clear here, I don't expect a permanent timeout. Hell, I don't even expect a year. I do expect more than a cursory month. And I think most of the rest of the world would as well.

Kranostav
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2015

Postby Kranostav » Sat May 13, 2023 11:24 am

How did the Government of TSP expect this to play? Lol

"Hey valued ally, our MoFA who tried to extort you as a purity test has resigned. Hope this begins to patch up relations"

*Not even a month passes*

"Hey, lol, so we just reappointed our previously disgraced MoFA (who tried to extort an ally) into a marginally different position. Without even considering how our ally would perceive this."

I'm one to at least try to not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by brutal incompetence, but unless the government is run through a poorly prompted ChatGPT bot, I fail to understand how this decision was cleared.
Last edited by Kranostav on Sat May 13, 2023 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Non-compliance is lame and you should feel bad
The meddling WA Kid of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

Darcania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Sat May 13, 2023 11:25 am

Kranostav wrote:"Hey valued ally, we just fired our MoFA who tried to extort you as a purity test. Hope this begins to patch up relations"

Didn't HS resign?

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Sat May 13, 2023 11:25 am

Chipoli wrote:I guess you all want the embassy gone, then.

You don’t know me very well, I guess! I would be very happy to see the “alliance” thrown in the trash where it’s belonged for years, ever since TNP couldn’t even abide by their obligations to defend against a coup. Unfortunately I wasn’t a tyrant during my tenure as PM, otherwise none of this would be happening at all.

Alas, I’m a private citizen and have been for a long while now. My previous decision to prevent the Assembly from having the power to dissolve treaties itself annoyingly prevents me from having any agency in TSP-TNP affairs, beyond exercising my freedom of speech. :(

Kranostav
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2015

Postby Kranostav » Sat May 13, 2023 11:27 am

Darcania wrote:
Kranostav wrote:"Hey valued ally, we just fired our MoFA who tried to extort you as a purity test. Hope this begins to patch up relations"

Didn't HS resign?

Ah true, will edit for clarity
Non-compliance is lame and you should feel bad
The meddling WA Kid of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

Thorn1000
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Corporate Police State

Postby Thorn1000 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:29 am

Darcania wrote:

Didn't HS resign?

If you resign you can’t collect unemployment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
walrus wrote:Life is a zero-sum game. The lower I make the happiness of children, the higher my happiness rises

All opinions that I express are solely mine. I do not speak for anyone but me yadayadayada
One of 5 people to have hit more than 200 regions in 1 update

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Sat May 13, 2023 11:31 am

Thorn1000 wrote:
Darcania wrote:Didn't HS resign?

If you resign you can’t collect unemployment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drama Llamas are disbursed to all previous ministers regardless of the means of their exit, as part of TSP’s generous government pension.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay