NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific | Détente with Balder

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Slithering Snakes
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Slithering Snakes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Tim Stark wrote:
Slithering Snakes wrote:Just out of curiosity what is the percentage of the cabinet that is not former or present members of TGW?

Hi little puppet,

75%


Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP? Seems to be lots of bad intel and fake news coming from there lately. It must be the most outspoken members of the cabinet then that have affiliation with TGW then.

Please keep making claims about TRI and their members. None of us have BINGO yet from TSP's bad research.

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Senator
 
Posts: 3717
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Slithering Snakes wrote:
Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP? Seems to be lots of bad intel and fake news coming from there lately. It must be the most outspoken members of the cabinet then that have affiliation with TGW then.

Please keep making claims about TRI and their members. None of us have BINGO yet from TSP's bad research.

Typical raider response, 'lets switch this to TGW and blame them instead'. Do go away little puppet and make up your own arguments.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Hesskin Empire
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hesskin Empire » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Slithering Snakes wrote:
Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP? Seems to be lots of bad intel and fake news coming from there lately. It must be the most outspoken members of the cabinet then that have affiliation with TGW then.

Please keep making claims about TRI and their members. None of us have BINGO yet from TSP's bad research.

Typical raider response, 'lets switch this to TGW and blame them instead'. Do go away little puppet and make up your own arguments.

Hey little puppet, why don't y'all do your research?
A Proud Imperial Nation
Ruled by Emperor Stephan II Durnstein
Zarhust - "See, the beauty of NS is that no one is forcing you to stay in a region. You can emigrate literally anytime you want. That's your democratic power."

Manson - "Any UCR [Hesskin] founds does good, Once he gives them away they decline"

Ever-Wandering Souls - "Hey natives you’re gonna get raided tonight oh god oh fuck they have airpods on they can't hear us oh fuck"
Citizen of Europeia

User avatar
McManniaa
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:34 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Slithering Snakes wrote:
Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP? Seems to be lots of bad intel and fake news coming from there lately. It must be the most outspoken members of the cabinet then that have affiliation with TGW then.

Please keep making claims about TRI and their members. None of us have BINGO yet from TSP's bad research.

Typical raider response, 'lets switch this to TGW and blame them instead'. Do go away little puppet and make up your own arguments.


We’ll do that when you guys in TSP learn how to do proper research and fact check your public proscriptions. They typically teach how to do so in grade school.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5453
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:58 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Slithering Snakes wrote:
Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP? Seems to be lots of bad intel and fake news coming from there lately. It must be the most outspoken members of the cabinet then that have affiliation with TGW then.

Please keep making claims about TRI and their members. None of us have BINGO yet from TSP's bad research.

Typical raider response, 'lets switch this to TGW and blame them instead'. Do go away little puppet and make up your own arguments.


1. Maybe if you're going to complain about someone being unoriginal, don't just repeat Tim's snark word for word. Just a thought!
2. I mean, this is obviously partisan hackery, so blaming those that would logically be the most partisan in TSP isn't a stretch by any means. Glen-Rhodes has never been a Warden though and he's an unabashed partisan, so it's not a 1:1 comparison.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Imkitopia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: May 23, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Imkitopia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:It's been a wild ride for me today, okay, I don't particularly get along with Imki or Escade, and yet I hear and see that we've all been pretty united in the general sense of "TSP could probably find some reason to proscribe Souls properly if they really wanted to (or even alter the act to do so if they must), and we don't particularly like each other, but these particular reasons are some pretty lazy BS."

Strange bedfellows.

I look forward to this court case progressing.

My issue isn't with your proscription as I'm no longer involved or have any interest in the affairs of TSP unless they concern Lazarus. What annoys me is their use of an event that happened a long time ago to paint me as some kind of victim when I have said repeatedly and publicly that it was not an issue in any way, shape or form and nobody cared about it at the time. It just seems like a terrible attempt to pad a flimsy argument and I am not happy about being their tool in that when they know damn well, had I been involved still, I would have rejected the claims. I was not asked about it by the current cabinet or told it would go public. When I tried to speak to PM Farengeto I was unsurprisingly ignored and the FA minister Resentine didn't seem to actually know anything about the event in question at all.

Not confidence building for sure there TSP. Sort your act out.
Last edited by Imkitopia on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:08 am

Slithering Snakes wrote:Is there something wrong with the water down in TSP?

You know, water in TSP has been tasting weird lately! It’s almost like someone has been mixing our water supply with small amounts of SPIT.

Hey...that’s a great idea for a mock case! Tampering with the water supply to make people more reliant on actual SPIT and increase its sales!
Last edited by Kringalia on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Chief Justice and Security Councillor. Posts outside official venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.

Legal Resources: THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
Selected Achievements: Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9027
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:11 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:I really look forward to you all extolling the virtues of editing and evidence, when we revisit Balder's and Osiris's proscriptions that none of you found lacking in any metric. :) You all are, of course, exemplars of consistency in values and beliefs.


Did you just use a "whataboutism" logical fallacy? Yeah, you did.

Also, let's not get into the fact that you're putting all the burden of proof and evidence on the accused while presenting largely nothing but vague accusations.

I know TSP has a loose sense of legal rights, but that's a pretty bad subversion of justice even for a government as undemocratic as TSP.


“Whataboutism” is a fallacy wherein hypocrisy is highlighted to discredit an opponent, rather than defend one’s own position. I am calling out your hypocrisy, while TSP’s decision is also being defended. So no, not whataboutism— just a legitimate point that none of you are actually engaging in good faith. We can all play this song and dance, but it’s the same people trolling TSP that have been doing the same thing for the past 2 years or so.

If you want to criticize, then be consistent and also criticize your friends in Balder, and then acknowledge how ridiculous Osiris’s proscriptions are. Only then are your criticisms of TSP worth anything.

Anyways, Souls’s proscription is based on evidence that the court will see. Unlike Balder and Osiris — and unlike you, when you couped Lazarus — TSP values the rule of law and the role of our judiciary. Souls gets their day, and I’m confident the court will see the evidence and reach the same conclusion as Roavin, Escade (yes, she voted for this), Tim, Somyrion, Farengeto, Nakari, and Resentine reached.

In the meantime, you will continue trolling, Imki will continue making dumb demands that nobody’s allowed to say her name, and McMannia will... be McMannia, I guess. TSP will move forward safer than it was. Balder and Osiris will never face criticism from you lot. And next month, you’ll all find something else to fill your bad faith trolling needs.

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Senator
 
Posts: 3717
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 am

McManniaa wrote:We’ll do that when you guys in TSP learn how to do proper research and fact check your public proscriptions. They typically teach how to do so in grade school.

Us guys in TSP? I'm not nor ever have been part of TSP. Fact checking is bad on both sides it seems :P

And what level is grade school? You have to remember not everyone is from the same country here.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Evil Wolf
Minister
 
Posts: 2032
Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:39 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:“Whataboutism” is a fallacy wherein hypocrisy is highlighted to discredit an opponent, rather than defend one’s own position. I am calling out your hypocrisy, while TSP’s decision is also being defended. So no, not whataboutism— just a legitimate point that none of you are actually engaging in good faith.


I'm not sure how pointing out that I didn't talk about TSP's proscription from two regions that I am not, in any way, involved in has anything to do with you justifying TSP's proscription of me.

That seems like classic false equivalence and "whataboutism" to me. The two are not at all related.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5453
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:41 am

Roavin: Imki was bullied by Souls
Official TSP post: Imki was harassed by Souls
Imki herself: No I wasn't, stop it.
Glen: What a dumb demand!

what a trainwreck. I feel sorry for poor Resentine.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Imkitopia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: May 23, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Imkitopia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:... Imki will continue making dumb demands that nobody’s allowed to say her name...

You're painting me like a victim because it suits you despite the fact I've clearly said that is not the case many times before. It's not dumb in the slightest and I'm perfectly within my right to be annoyed about it. You clearly don't have a clue about the event as is obvious from your grossly exaggerated use of it.
I mean, you can carry on acting like a fool with your fake news but I'm going to continue to clarify the truth if you're going to use me in it. This is nothing more than the typical scaremongering tactics you're so fond of which fine, use them to your hearts content to control your region, but don't bring me into it. I disputed it when it was raised the last time TSP tried to proscribe Souls/TBH and I am sure as hell going to dispute it now when I wasn't even approached by your incompetent cabinet about this and they don't even seem to know the story themselves.
I don't want to have to get involved any more than you want me to so get your facts right and don't try and use me as your damsel in distress when it suits your agenda if you don't want me kicking up a stink about it.

User avatar
Evil Wolf
Minister
 
Posts: 2032
Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:48 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Anyways, Souls’s proscription is based on evidence that the court will see. Unlike Balder and Osiris — and unlike you, when you couped Lazarus — TSP values the rule of law and the role of our judiciary. Souls gets their day, and I’m confident the court will see the evidence and reach the same conclusion as Roavin, Escade (yes, she voted for this), Tim, Somyrion, Farengeto, Nakari, and Resentine reached.


Glen, you're on the Court. You just admitted personal bias in this case.

If you have any respect for justice and the rule of law, then you should recuse yourself immediately.

If you're so sure that EWS will be found guilty, you wouldn't mind letting a neutral party determine that, would you?
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

User avatar
Syberis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 601
Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Syberis » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:
Did you just use a "whataboutism" logical fallacy? Yeah, you did.

Also, let's not get into the fact that you're putting all the burden of proof and evidence on the accused while presenting largely nothing but vague accusations.

I know TSP has a loose sense of legal rights, but that's a pretty bad subversion of justice even for a government as undemocratic as TSP.


“Whataboutism” is a fallacy wherein hypocrisy is highlighted to discredit an opponent, rather than defend one’s own position. I am calling out your hypocrisy, while TSP’s decision is also being defended. So no, not whataboutism— just a legitimate point that none of you are actually engaging in good faith. We can all play this song and dance, but it’s the same people trolling TSP that have been doing the same thing for the past 2 years or so.

If you want to criticize, then be consistent and also criticize your friends in Balder, and then acknowledge how ridiculous Osiris’s proscriptions are. Only then are your criticisms of TSP worth anything.

Anyways, Souls’s proscription is based on evidence that the court will see. Unlike Balder and Osiris — and unlike you, when you couped Lazarus — TSP values the rule of law and the role of our judiciary. Souls gets their day, and I’m confident the court will see the evidence and reach the same conclusion as Roavin, Escade (yes, she voted for this), Tim, Somyrion, Farengeto, Nakari, and Resentine reached.

In the meantime, you will continue trolling, Imki will continue making dumb demands that nobody’s allowed to say her name, and McMannia will... be McMannia, I guess. TSP will move forward safer than it was. Balder and Osiris will never face criticism from you lot. And next month, you’ll all find something else to fill your bad faith trolling needs.


If you're accusing someone of bad faith posting and trolling, I'm sure you're well aware of the place to take that up, Glen.

Additionally, Osiris does value the rule of law. Their law being different from yours does not make them disrespectful of the rule of law. If they don't wish a region to be present, they have a simple, effective law for that. They don't need to post pages of bullshit and debate about it on their forum. I would say that's more effective. Your definition of "Rule of Law" apparently means "Rule of what Glen likes."

I don't think you've been informed of what Osiris actually does or how its laws work since before April 2016, because your knowledge of the region is... sub-par at best. Either that, or you're making no effort to fact-check your posts. Would you like me to post the relevant text of the law so that you can read it, or would you prefer I ask someone to read it to you so you can take notes? I'm not sure what your learning style is, so I must ask. I've been told that Koth has quite a nice voice.

In either case, I'll DM it to you, once you deign to unblock me. Let's get back to the fact that if TSP wanted to proscribe people because they didn't like them, they should have just made the law able to do that. It's so much more freeing.
Last edited by Syberis on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2900
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:55 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:In the meantime, you will continue trolling, Imki will continue making dumb demands that nobody’s allowed to say her name, and McMannia will... be McMannia, I guess. TSP will move forward safer than it was. Balder and Osiris will never face criticism from you lot. And next month, you’ll all find something else to fill your bad faith trolling needs.


It is not for you to decide what constitutes trolling on the forum. Unofficial warning for Trollnaming.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2476
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Escade (yes, she voted for this)

Are you supposed to be telling us that? I don't see it in any public area of TSP's forum.

I would certainly hope you're not abusing your legislator/admin access to areas of TSP's forum to disclose confidential information about one of your political enemies in TSP to the Gameplay forum. Because TSP has laws against that, and I know how big you are on the rule of law. You just said so.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Former Everything of Everywhere, Man
Way Too Cool to Be Commended or Condemned by the Likes of Y'all

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Syberis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 601
Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Syberis » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:44 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Escade (yes, she voted for this)

Are you supposed to be telling us that? I don't see it in any public area of TSP's forum.

I would certainly hope you're not abusing your legislator/admin access to areas of TSP's forum to disclose confidential information about one of your political enemies in TSP to the Gameplay forum. Because TSP has laws against that, and I know how big you are on the rule of law. You just said so.


To clarify, Glen has stated that the statement of unanimity makes it clear that she was voting "Aye" instead of abstaining, which is a major legal question that specific RL groups have still debated, and as far as I'm aware, hasn't been defined by TSP. Unanimous vote can mean, depending on the situation, all Ayes, or no Nays, which are very different things when a third option vote is presented.

He then, when faced with this fact, posted "She didn’t abstain......" which doubled down on potentially leaking from Cabinet votes, as there was still some measure of doubt and debate as to what it meant, which he then made a point to dispel.

In either case, it was a really, really poor decision that I'm sure opens a legal can of worms for TSP moving forward, because it's now something that needs to be defined to determine whether Glen leaked from TSP's Cabinet.
Last edited by Syberis on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 am

RiderSyl wrote:Roavin: Imki was bullied by Souls
Official TSP post: Imki was harassed by Souls
Imki herself: No I wasn't, stop it.
Glen: What a dumb demand!

what a trainwreck. I feel sorry for poor Resentine.


I'm almost used to it. This claim has been coming up in TSP, led by Roavin, and dismissed actively by Imki, literally for ages now. Some of the earlier times I've only heard gossip of due to coming up in places I am not, but Imki or others can share detail.

Like, literally, I'm looking at this exact convo with Imki in Feb/March 2017, where Roavin is accusing me of borderline harassing her, Imki is saying this is bullshit, Imki is also saying even then that if anyone, it was Spiritus who was basically trying to blackmail the SPSF, and Roavin at the time ultimately backed down from his claims and apologized for "exaggerating the severity of the incident." And yet it comes up again, and again, and a-fucking-gain.

Imki has no reason to lie to protect me. I'm confident in saying she has little reason to like me at all. I hear I've been called a "moaning little windbag," which, fine, sure, probably fair at times. But the fact remains, everyone actually tied to this incident has said it's a nothing, except for the dude whose activities were the subject of the incident and apologized for by Imki at the time, who appears to have been holding one hell of a grudge over it ever since.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
McManniaa
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:14 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
McManniaa wrote:We’ll do that when you guys in TSP learn how to do proper research and fact check your public proscriptions. They typically teach how to do so in grade school.

Us guys in TSP? I'm not nor ever have been part of TSP. Fact checking is bad on both sides it seems :P

And what level is grade school? You have to remember not everyone is from the same country here.

Syl, i see your reply but as per usual it offers nothing of value beyond your unhealthy obsession with Glen.


I mean you're clearly on a computer of some sort. Wikipedia exists. Do some research on what grade school is pantsy.

User avatar
Imkitopia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: May 23, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Imkitopia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Imki has no reason to lie to protect me. I'm confident in saying she has little reason to like me at all. I hear I've been called a "moaning little windbag," which, fine, sure, probably fair at times. But the fact remains, everyone actually tied to this incident has said it's a nothing, except for the dude whose activities were the subject of the incident and apologized for by Imki at the time, who appears to have been holding one hell of a grudge over it ever since.

Can confirm, not a big Souls fan lately. I still have my integrity though and while essay speeches are annoying I have not, to my recollection, called them anything worse. I could sit back and enjoy the irony of even being involved in this silly situation after the whole NSWF thing but I'm not saying it to defend Souls, I'm saying it to avoid being a weapon in a fight that I really couldn't give a rat's furry bottom about.
Last edited by Imkitopia on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Greyghost
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greyghost » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:53 pm

The fact that I'm here, posting. On this forum. Should speak volumes as to how upset I am about this, because most are aware I avoid posting on these forums. That doesn't mean I don't hear or look to see what goes on, though.

First and foremost, I was not approached or asked at all before I was cited in this statement- this point will be very important in a moment. Since I was not approached, not only am I irritated that I wasn't asked if I were okay with this, but large factual errors were made because I was not consulted. Souls never blackmailed me, he bullied me and my region. To be perfectly clear, I was diplomatically bullied, he did not bully me in an OOC matter in the least. Roavin admitted to this error nonchalantly, basically saying "same difference", but no. I'm sorry. Blackmail is not only a crime, but nowehere near the definition of bullying. So. To recap. Not only was I not informed I would be cited, I was severely miscited and someone becoming proscribed was the result of it. I would not have consented to this had I known because no one even asked for evidence. That is an alarm bell to me as well.

Secondly. While it is true my home region, TEP, blacklisted TBH due to this bullying, it was not mentioned at all that we have since reconciled with them and they have been removed from our blacklist because they have since remedied the issue. So using an issue that has since been addressed and fixed as a reason to proscribe someone doesn't make any sense, but seeing as the sense wasn't made to consult people being cited, I suppose I cannot be surprised. (Imki and Dave stated they were not consulted either)

Last, but certainly the icing on the cake that made me sour, when I approached the user who made the post and supposed Prime Minister, Farengeto, he tiptoed around it and pretty much insinuated he was not responsible for it and that Roavin was. I was met with excuses as to how this happened, but not once was I asked if i would like to have the bit about me edited or removed, and when I stated I was concerned and upset, I was met with silence.

But! I have some hope, Resentine spoke with me and handled it very well. He asked me if I would like anything edited to be accurate and he apologized to me as well as to admitting it was a mistake and he would do his best to help fix it and address my concerns over this. I am not impressed with TSP in the least, seeing as Roavin didn't even respond to my post in NSGP Discord, but I certainly am impressed with Resentine and believe I will be going through him with this matter. This post wasn't to throw TSP down, simply to put the facts right concerning this matter and to express the less than satisfactory way my concerns were met because I obviously wasn't going to have them addressed in the formal channels I went through. Except for Resentine... I just met him, but he's a gem. If you're reading this, my thanks goes out to you, you're a cool dude. o/ *out of breath* And this is my yearly onsite post. Good day, all.

~G
Last edited by Greyghost on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:04 pm

It's the MOFA's job to promise to fix things and smooth them over. We'll see if it actually gets done. Perhaps the Cabinet will choose to abandon this proscription entirely in its current state, and issue a new, corrected one that they think they can better defend in court, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Certainly, from a legal standpoint, I'd prefer they not go around editing the content of the formally voted on Proscription all willy-nilly. Hard to fight a case against a fluid document.

Certainly, it becomes more clear with every development that despite supposedly kicking some of these proscriptions around for years, TSP failed to do adequate basic research on the claims being made against several of us, and none of the elected officials who approved it bothered to confirm that everything in it was even true, to the barest standards of fact-checking. I might suggested that said officials take a bit more care in the future as to what they stamp their name on.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Roavin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1115
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Greyghost wrote:seeing as Roavin didn't even respond to my post in NSGP Discord


There's a whole smorgasbord of things there that I haven't responded to yet. Rest assured, I'm always the one guy there responding to TSP stuff there even if nobody else is, and have been that one guy even after leaving Cabinet. That I haven't responded isn't because I ignored it but just that I haven't gotten to it yet.

(just like there's a whole bunch of stuff here I haven't responded to yet, but certainly will)
RoavinMinister of Foreign Affairs from the South Pacific

"Not to mention TSP are some democracy wankers
and democracy wanking is peak defender
" — Tim

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

User avatar
Greyghost
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greyghost » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Roavin wrote:
Greyghost wrote:seeing as Roavin didn't even respond to my post in NSGP Discord


There's a whole smorgasbord of things there that I haven't responded to yet. Rest assured, I'm always the one guy there responding to TSP stuff there even if nobody else is, and have been that one guy even after leaving Cabinet. That I haven't responded isn't because I ignored it but just that I haven't gotten to it yet.

(just like there's a whole bunch of stuff here I haven't responded to yet, but certainly will)
I really appreciate you explaining as such- I apologize for misunderstanding. I saw you post not even five minutes before I made the post and the chat went quiet for a good fifteen minutes after I posted it, so I assumed I was being ignored. My second post in a row within a week... no.. an hour. Terrifying.

User avatar
Roavin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1115
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Soon you'll be stalking this forum daily, refreshing every few minutes, waiting for that one post to pounce on, getting charged up, having bookmarked links to posts to weaponize later.... :P

all good, response coming sooooooooooon
Last edited by Roavin on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoavinMinister of Foreign Affairs from the South Pacific

"Not to mention TSP are some democracy wankers
and democracy wanking is peak defender
" — Tim

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Notorious Mad Jack

Advertisement

Remove ads