NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Federated States of Omega
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federated States of Omega » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Often times in this game I feel overwhelmed with pride in my government. Today is an exception to that. To say I am overwhelmed with pride to be represented by this cabinet would be an understatement. There are rare times in this game when I feel that way but today is one of those times. This statement is one any person in this game should support. It shows how the government of TEP has violated their own values they used to uphold. The values they held when TSP became their ally. The government of TSP has every right to expect that TEP would maintain those values if they wished to continue to have the support of their allies. If the government of TEP no longer holds these values, they should expect, nay welcome, the fact that their allies will leave them. Values matter to this citizen of the South Pacific and I am glad to see my cabinet agrees with me.

What the government of TEP is despicable and a blatant attack on their own democratic values. It is an action that should be repulisve to any supporter of democracy. All treaty allies of TEP should see the example the Cabinet of TSP and ask themselves these questions: do we believe in democracy? Do we believe in the rights of natives? Do we believe in maintaining a modicum of sensibility in government communications? Do we expect our allies to have the same values they had when we signed a treaty with them? If the answer to any of those questions is yes then that treaty ally must speak out. For it is when we refuse to speak out against the evil in the world that we are enabling it to continue.

Today, I am proud of my government and I celebrate that. Tomorrow, I hope to see others join TSP and stand for the values they believe in.
Ω
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (October 2019- June 2020, October 2020-Febuary 2020 )

Author of GAR #401

"If you had less friends, you'd probably be running TSP by now"-Solorni
"I don't know who you are but I think I like you" -Consular
"You seem very much the chill mafiasio opposite of hippie lifestyle watching everything going on with a calculated expression and an ace up your sleeve, making sure everything goes according to plan" - Imaginary
"My god can you ever be informal XD" -Roavin
"Omega, your brand is Texas" -Roavin

What's next?

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:Well, that depends. Is TSP really concerned about the "innocent nations" or are they *really* focused on their New Khanate conspiracy theory?

I mean, they did devote 1/3rd of their statement to ranting about how TEP was becoming the Khanate.

But is it truly a conspiracy? You so easily dismiss it despite the events that support their suspicions. You do so because your position is very definitely biased when it comes to LWU. More than that it always has been because as the founder you will always place the ambitions of LWU above all other regions. Since LWU stands to benefit from what you call a conspiracy you can never look at the situation and come to the obvious conclusion; that LWU is clearly securing their position in TEP in preparation for the subjugation of TEP.

However the rest of us can look at the situation objectively.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:But is it truly a conspiracy? You so easily dismiss it despite the events that support their suspicions.

I'm not at all dismissing the events. There may yet be merit to what they claim under The East Pacific law. I'm not a citizen there and I'm not on their courts, so I have not the faintest of clues.

I am dismissing TSP's immediate linking of these events to the Rahl Family and to the 25 nation region of Lone Wolves United. TSP devoted a full third of their statement to not-so-subtlety suggesting that Rahl/LWU (RahLWU) is "couping" TEP by their mere presence alone. This does not indicate that TSP is concerned with the rights of The East Pacific nations, but rather their own paranoia that The East Pacific is going down a path that TSP doesn't agree with, and will resort to any amount of slander and rumor pushing to prevent The East Pacific from walking a path that TSP doesn't approve of.

If TSP were so concerned about the nations of The East Pacific, then TSP would have left their proof-less, baseless, fear mongering propaganda out of their statement. But their intent clearly was never to advocate for The East Pacific nations, this statement was just a vessel by which TSP could more easily sell their conspiracy theory to the masses.
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:I'm not at all dismissing the events. There may yet be merit to what they claim under The East Pacific law. I'm not a citizen there and I'm not on their courts, so I have not the faintest of clues.

I am dismissing TSP's immediate linking of these events to the Rahl Family and to the 25 nation region of Lone Wolves United. TSP devoted a full third of their statement to not-so-subtlety suggesting that Rahl/LWU (RahLWU) is "couping" TEP by their mere presence alone. This does not indicate that TSP is concerned with the rights of The East Pacific nations, but rather their own paranoia that The East Pacific is going down a path that TSP doesn't agree with, and will resort to any amount of slander and rumor pushing to prevent The East Pacific from walking a path that TSP doesn't approve of.

If TSP were so concerned about the nations of The East Pacific, then TSP would have left their proof-less, baseless, fear mongering propaganda out of their statement. But their intent clearly was never to advocate for The East Pacific nations, this statement was just a vessel by which TSP could more easily sell their conspiracy theory to the masses.

They're not saying anything that 2 dozen or so others haven't already said publicly in one place or another. Their presence in TEP is not what they're using as the basis for their suspicions. It's the recent consolidation of power that LWU and the Rahl family have not so subtly started in TEP. Consolidation of power, mass ejection of native nations, misinformation and dismissal of the obvious events in front of the eyes of others. These are the most common signs of a coup. Signs that are all present in TEP. Signs that are present with the subtlety of a brick flying through a window. The possibility that the suspicions of not just TSP but to the GP world at large are so obvious that the likelihood of them being true are bordering absolute certainty.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Killer Kitty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 pm

The Church of Satan wrote: Consolidation of power, mass ejection of native nations, misinformation and dismissal of the obvious events in front of the eyes of others. These are the most common signs of a coup. Signs that are all present in TEP.

Except, as I understand it, the nations being ejected have never even posted on the forums, in the vast majority of cases have never posted on the RMB, and in most cases never posted anywhere ever.

So if this is about the "consolation of power", then what's up with that? What power is there to be consolidated with that action? How is RahLWU benefiting from that?

Oh, and if TSP is seriously suggesting that these actions are a coup, why are they being coy and not outright stating it?
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote: Consolidation of power, mass ejection of native nations, misinformation and dismissal of the obvious events in front of the eyes of others. These are the most common signs of a coup. Signs that are all present in TEP.

Except, as I understand it, the nations being ejected have never even posted on the forums, in the vast majority of cases have never posted on the RMB, and in most cases never posted anywhere ever.

So if this is about the "consolation of power", then what's up with that? What power is there to be consolidated with that action? How is RahLWU benefiting from that?

So they are not contributing to the region. That does not mean they don't have certain rights like any other native nation. Such nations however are a possible threat in the event that the LWU and Rahls must fight off allies that decide to uphold their treaties in a manner not beneficial to themselves. They could be swayed to join the WA and fight against the would-be coupers. Everyone else, outside of government and citizens is likely to have submitted to the intimidation at the hands of Fedele's administration.
Free the WA gnomes!

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Killer Kitty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:14 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:Such nations however are a possible threat in the event that the LWU and Rahls must fight off allies that decide to uphold their treaties in a manner not beneficial to themselves. They could be swayed to join the WA and fight against the would-be coupers. Everyone else, outside of government and citizens is likely to have submitted to the intimidation at the hands of Fedele's administration.

You do know the difference between "ejected" and "banned", right? The only thing stopping those "resistance fighters", as you are apparently framing them, from returning to TEP is their ability to find the move regions button.

And, again, if this is the belief of TSP, why didn't they outright state it here? Why the coy language and double speak?

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:Such nations however are a possible threat in the event that the LWU and Rahls must fight off allies that decide to uphold their treaties in a manner not beneficial to themselves. They could be swayed to join the WA and fight against the would-be coupers. Everyone else, outside of government and citizens is likely to have submitted to the intimidation at the hands of Fedele's administration.

You do know the difference between "ejected" and "banned", right? The only thing stopping those "resistance fighters", as you are apparently framing them, from returning to TEP is their ability to find the move regions button.

And, again, if this is the belief of TSP, why didn't they outright state it here? Why the coy language and double speak?

If it is not so then why the mass ejections at the hands of Fedele's administration? Why the consolidation of power? Why the stranglehold on the Magisterium?
Free the WA gnomes!

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Killer Kitty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:If it is not so then why the mass ejections at the hands of Fedele's administration? Why the consolidation of power? Why the stranglehold on the Magisterium?

You're arguing in circles. The ejections aren't a consolidation of power at all, they're just an attempt to spark activity and make TEP a bit more interesting. All your other "points" are outside the statement TSP has presented here in their embassy and belong in Cormac's conspiracy thread.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:If it is not so then why the mass ejections at the hands of Fedele's administration? Why the consolidation of power? Why the stranglehold on the Magisterium?

You're arguing in circles. The ejections aren't a consolidation of power at all, they're just an attempt to spark activity and make TEP a bit more interesting. All your other "points" are outside the statement TSP has presented here in their embassy and belong in Cormac's conspiracy thread.

How does displacing hundreds of nations create activity? All it does is lower the potential for activity. It doesn't make the ejected nations more active and it doesn't make the nations "fortunate" enough to not fall under the criteria for being branded a marsupial any more active. It achieves nothing other than lowering the region's population. TSP has said nothing that is unlikely or impossible. In fact the reverse is true. They're concern for their ally is both warranted and right.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free the WA gnomes!

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 am

I mean, if TSP wants to be outraged on behalf of people who really couldn't give a shit themselves, fair enough, I guess. Not sure why they decided that, after that announcement, it would be a good idea to rant about a perceived RahLWUspiracy.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:53 am

Armaros wrote:I mean, if TSP wants to be outraged on behalf of people who really couldn't give a shit themselves, fair enough, I guess. Not sure why they decided that, after that announcement, it would be a good idea to rant about a perceived RahLWUspiracy.

Not really the point, the point is the perceived conflict with the charter and deterioration of the rule of law. Even assuming the policies were being sensibly applied by the current government (not making a judgment on that), it is creating a worrying precedent. When this first began in TWP (far too long ago for it to be remotely 'fun' or clever now imo) the definition of who fell into an ejectable category expanded and became verrrry open to interpretation and started creating policies like 'Operation Driftwood' - an outwardly looking campaign of attacks on founderless regions that set out to grief and destroy them because of the mindset and philosophy of that government that had been allowed to fester unchallenged.

There is a slippery slope that those of us who have been around long enough can recognise and feel compelled to call out before it descends into anything more problematic.

It's also usually a bad bandaid for regions who are making a desperate attempt to counter their own inactivity and poor engagement, I'd politely suggest there are best ways to invest your time and spend a delegacy. Never been a fan of pigs putting on clothes and deciding who is and isn't allowed in the house.
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 am

East Malaysia wrote:
Numero Capitan wrote:

Article F: Rights of Citizens, Section 7*

They seem to have missed the title of that section too. I thought it would be important to point out. Context is key.

The clause in question is explicitly targeting “nations” and not “citizens.” That’s a distinction made multiple times in the article. For example, the right to form alliances is granted to all nations, not just citizens, in Section 2.

Your defense here, due respect, is that the Magisterium is bad at writing laws and didn’t mean to make that distinction.

Devi
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Devi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:19 am

Armaros wrote:I mean, if TSP wants to be outraged on behalf of people who really couldn't give a shit themselves, fair enough, I guess. Not sure why they decided that, after that announcement, it would be a good idea to rant about a perceived RahLWUspiracy.

You know, joking about LWU conspiracies would come across as a lot more harmless if said wolves didn't show up every time to defend each other.

I'm sure their presence in TEP is all coincidental, though :)
-puppetmaster behind the thrones of warzones europe and africa-
-deputy overseer of tbh's terra corps-
-gremlin-
-some lame r/d utility i guess-

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am

I never thought I would actually agree with part of a TSP foreign affairs statement, but here we are
Last edited by Wymondham on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
East Malaysia wrote:
Article F: Rights of Citizens, Section 7*

They seem to have missed the title of that section too. I thought it would be important to point out. Context is key.

The clause in question is explicitly targeting “nations” and not “citizens.” That’s a distinction made multiple times in the article. For example, the right to form alliances is granted to all nations, not just citizens, in Section 2.

Your defense here, due respect, is that the Magisterium is bad at writing laws and didn’t mean to make that distinction.

I don't think it's possible to seriously suggest the Concordat is written well.
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:

I don't think it's possible to seriously suggest the Concordat is written well.

You're right, it's much better to refer to the Concordat as "dumb and hopelessly broken," as Fedele recently did, and then suggest that it only becomes "more broken the more they screw with it," they being the Magisterium, TEP's legislature. Because that doesn't sound at all like the prelude to the Delegate unilaterally scrapping the entire Concordat on the grounds that it's dysfunctional and can't be fixed, so he's taking matters into his own hands.

Whether it's well written or not, it's TEP's constitution, and he should abide by the spirit of it and stop his mass ejections that have made TEP smaller than a Sinker. No matter how much you dance around whether that part of the Concordat applies only to citizens or also to residents, the fact of the matter is there's zero chance, none at all, that the authors of the Concordat ever wanted to give the Delegate the power to engage in mass purges with no actual justification except he thinks it's fun. That is anti-democratic, illiberal, and flies in the face of everything TEP has stood for throughout the years.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Killer Kitty wrote:

How does displacing hundreds of nations create activity? All it does is lower the potential for activity. It doesn't make the ejected nations more active and it doesn't make the nations "fortunate" enough to not fall under the criteria for being branded a marsupial any more active. It achieves nothing other than lowering the region's population. TSP has said nothing that is unlikely or impossible. In fact the reverse is true. They're concern for their ally is both warranted and right.

Exactly. There are literally brand new 5-10 million population nations that are being ejected. Nations that are still learning how the game works and that could likely contribute from the future. But nope, they just got to get ejected, and getting ejected would really make me disinterested in contributing to the region. :/
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Zukchiva wrote:I don't agree with the purges, but they don't affect me so I've chosen to ignore them. They could be seen as unauthorized and undemocratic, but they are following the law based on an interpretation.

Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Zukchiva
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zukchiva » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 am

[accidental post]
Last edited by Zukchiva on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
I'm a goose! Give me your bells!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

Zukchiva
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zukchiva » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 am

Zukchiva wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

I mean...

you ain't wrong. ._.

I'm pretty much an ignorant fool about the marsupial ejections, but I'm not aware of such a purge happening in a while now.

Still, I look like an idiot, either way, tho
My name is Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
I'm a goose! Give me your bells!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:44 am

Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord
About me: Longest serving Prime Minister in TSP | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

Feel free to TG me, but not about moderation matters.

Davelands
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2016

Postby Davelands » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 am

Congrats Roavin!
The Don of The Family NS and the CEO of The Sportsbook
The West Pacific - Former Delegate, Guardian, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Internal Affairs
The East Pacific - Former Minister of Regional Affairs, Provost, Magister, and Minister of Foreign Affairs
Banned/PNG/Proscribed/Pick-Your-Synonym from: Osiris, The East Pacific, The Pacific, The South Pacific, and others (if I'm banned from your region, let me know and I'll add you to the list)
Author of the record setting SC proposal "Condemn Nations Creating Regions For SC Props"

As always: Freaking Adorable

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 am

The Inner Circle is the cabal's votes.

~Will probably make sense soon :)

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 am

Does this mean even more R/D activity? I LOVE IT! However I feel like raider numbers are falling now, which is really unfortunate..
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay