NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific | Joint Statement with Osiris

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 791
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:37 pm

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:I'm suggesting that the result is perhaps decided before you might have had a chance to fully consider it

That's not how we do things in the judiciary. As the only branch of government required to take an oath of office, we take our responsibility very seriously.
Delegate of the South Pacific (x2) | Vice Delegate (x1) | Minister of Regional Affairs (x2) | Minister of Foreign Affairs (x1) | Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (x3) | Member of the Committee for State Security (Current)
Federal Constitutional Republic | President Todd Wilcox | GDP $834 billion | Population 19 million | Founding Member of the Southern Cooperation Organisation

User avatar
Guy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1760
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Guy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:35 am

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:
Kringalia wrote:In complete honesty, I do that because I'd rather not spend time writing a full opinion unless the submitter actually wants one. If one is asked, however, as was the case with your appeal, I am always happy to comply and explain the Court's reasoning.

This is an odd approach.

It is not uncommon in RL judiciaries for cases to be disposed of (orders issued etc) at times months prior to the publication of reasons. NS isn't RL, but if it works for the UK's judiciary, I'm not sure why we should hold TSP to a higher standard.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

User avatar
Vulturret
Diplomat
 
Posts: 625
Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 am

Kringalia wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:I'm suggesting that the result is perhaps decided before you might have had a chance to fully consider it

That's not how we do things in the judiciary. As the only branch of government required to take an oath of office, we take our responsibility very seriously.

Maybe the laws should be amended in order to require executive officials to take an oath of office. Maybe then they would take their responsibilities seriously?
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

User avatar
Vulturret
Diplomat
 
Posts: 625
Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Is the South Pacific interested in responding to these concerns or has the region now adopted a foreign policy of abstention from engagement?
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5911
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Vulturret wrote:Is the South Pacific interested in responding to these concerns or has the region now adopted a foreign policy of abstention from engagement?

Both of the leading MoFA candidates (one of whom obviously won) expressed an interest in not engaging on this forum
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Jar Wattinree
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1027
Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Vulturret wrote:Is the South Pacific interested in responding to these concerns or has the region now adopted a foreign policy of abstention from engagement?

Both of the leading MoFA candidates (one of whom obviously won) expressed an interest in not engaging on this forum

A good idea imo.
  • Governor of Province Ardere
  • Praetorian of the New Pacific Order
  • Council Elder of St Abbaddon
  • Game Warden of Forest
Tribune of the New Pacific Order


User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4821
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Both of the leading MoFA candidates (one of whom obviously won) expressed an interest in not engaging on this forum

A good idea imo.

For TSP's foreign affairs ministry, the only winning move is not to play.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Of The Toads
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Toads » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Roavin wrote:Not a good start for SNN's reputation. South Pacifican water does not, in fact, turn the frogs gay.


On what ground can you say this?

Have you now or ever been a frog? what if your waters do turn frogs homosexual?

User avatar
Augustus Rex
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Rex » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Of The Toads wrote:
Roavin wrote:Not a good start for SNN's reputation. South Pacifican water does not, in fact, turn the frogs gay.


On what ground can you say this?

Have you now or ever been a frog? what if your waters do turn frogs homosexual?

As the founder of a French region, I can confirm that TSP water does not make frogs homosexual.
Formerly known as Gibraltarica

User avatar
King Bradley
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 pm

What if the frogs were gay all along?
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

User avatar
TSP Foreign Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Jul 18, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Statement on the NPO

Postby TSP Foreign Office » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Image


Over the past few days, The South Pacific has watched a chain of revelations unfold concerning our ally, The New Pacific Order. Most meaningfully to the South Pacific, we have learned that Adytus, a player responsible for causing major tensions between ourselves and Osiris in 2016, was, in fact, an alternate identity of longtime NPO member Feux. We learned that (now former) Emperor Aleisyr knew of this identity for six months while the South Pacific and the NPO have been treaty partners, but never informed us and indeed promoted Feux to Senator. We have learned that Consul Pergamon claimed in June 2017 to have rigged the South Pacific’s elections in order to make TSP a puppet state. Finally, we learned that Quaestor Svezjacael conducted secret operations within our ally, the North Pacific. It has become increasingly clear that the NPO has had no qualms about violating regional sovereignty.

The alliance between the NPO and The South Pacific was built over a year of careful cooperation, to build confidence that our historical foe could be trusted to act in mutual interest and collaborative security. It has become evident, though, that the NPO has not lived up to that expectation. We cannot have faith in our alliance when the Order withholds information relevant to our security. We cannot stand idly by while high-ranking members of the Order’s government have engaged in actions that threaten our security and alliances, and elements within the NPO cast doubt on our democratic processes.

After much deliberation on the matter, the Cabinet of the South Pacific has decided to invoke Article VII, Section 2 and request that the Assembly terminate the Treaty of Capricorn with the New Pacific Order. We stand by the North Pacific and unequivocally condemn the actions of Quaestor Svezjacael. We demand that Svezjacael and Pergamon be permanently banned from the Pacific and that any further information regarding threats to the South Pacific or our fellow Game-Created Regions be released immediately.

Signed,
The Cabinet of the South Pacific

User avatar
New Rogernomics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9121
Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Succinct and right to the point. The Pacific's foreign activity has been very disappointing. I hope that the developing government in The Pacific, given the new Emperor, takes these concerns to heart.

Holds silly opinions on some things, and likes animals of all kinds, including the scary ones.
Pro: Individualism, Humanism, Human Rights, Internationalism & Free Markets, Democracy, Decentralization, Treaty of Sèvres, and for a free China without the CCP.
Against: Social Conservatism, Religious Extremism, Extreme Nationalism, Racism, Homo/Trans phobia, Authoritarianism.

User avatar
Ryccia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 911
Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ryccia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm

I feared something else, but this has been the best gift this day has brought. A most wise decision. TSP stands sovereign, respected, and honourable. I am proud of my homeland for taking this bold and correct action, which was necessary for the basic dignity of all regions afflicted by the NPO's subversion.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

User avatar
The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:53 pm

I demand cookies and millions of dollars from tsp.

I love how you absolve a treaty and then demand things.

Its a great move from a place of power.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

User avatar
Kavagrad
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1146
Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kavagrad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:I demand cookies and millions of dollars from tsp.

I love how you absolve a treaty and then demand things.

Its a great move from a place of power.

The NPO have flagrantly breached TSP’s sovereignty, it’s only fair that the NPO get a taste of the same. If they don’t like it, they can keep collecting enemies.
Claorica wrote:It's leftists like this that really warm me up to Hoppe's idea of physical removal
Sobriety & Anti-Fascism

User avatar
North Prarie
Diplomat
 
Posts: 796
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby North Prarie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:15 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:I demand cookies and millions of dollars from tsp.

I love how you absolve a treaty and then demand things.

Its a great move from a place of power.

This ain't it chief
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud South Pacifican. Pete Buttigieg Person. Overall weirdo.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs[/color]

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32909
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:I demand cookies and millions of dollars from tsp.

I love how you absolve a treaty and then demand things.

Its a great move from a place of power.



NPO: *makes TSP a puppet state*

TSP: *Gets mad, revokes treaty*

NPO: "WhY Am I StiLL GeTtiNg HaTe?"
Wash your hands and stay indoors
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwikiWA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa) WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third placeA love letter to NS
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.
Biden 2020
May 31st 2020, American police shoot people standing on there own property

User avatar
King Bradley
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:25 pm

A more than reasonable reaction from TSP. Hopefully The NPO realizes the error of their ways and makes amends sooner rather than later.
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

User avatar
The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:39 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:I demand cookies and millions of dollars from tsp.

I love how you absolve a treaty and then demand things.

Its a great move from a place of power.



NPO: *makes TSP a puppet state*

TSP: *Gets mad, revokes treaty*

NPO: "WhY Am I StiLL GeTtiNg HaTe?"


You clearly don't understand the point of what I am saying.

Also I'm no lover of the npo.. But congrats on wasting time to type like a 90s kid. High marks for avoiding that when you want to tear up a contract then say because i did this you have to comply with what I want even tho we are no long allies. I forget how gp overlooks logic for awesome sounding words.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32909
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:42 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

NPO: *makes TSP a puppet state*

TSP: *Gets mad, revokes treaty*

NPO: "WhY Am I StiLL GeTtiNg HaTe?"


You clearly don't understand the point of what I am saying.

Also I'm no lover of the npo.. But congrats on wasting time to type like a 90s kid. High marks for avoiding that when you want to tear up a contract then say because i did this you have to comply with what I want even tho we are no long allies. I forget how gp overlooks logic for awesome sounding words.


I object!

I only use the dankest 2010 memes to talk in.

Also I'm from nsg lol
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wash your hands and stay indoors
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwikiWA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa) WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third placeA love letter to NS
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.
Biden 2020
May 31st 2020, American police shoot people standing on there own property

User avatar
Kavagrad
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1146
Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kavagrad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:43 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

NPO: *makes TSP a puppet state*

TSP: *Gets mad, revokes treaty*

NPO: "WhY Am I StiLL GeTtiNg HaTe?"


You clearly don't understand the point of what I am saying.

Also I'm no lover of the npo.. But congrats on wasting time to type like a 90s kid. High marks for avoiding that when you want to tear up a contract then say because i did this you have to comply with what I want even tho we are no long allies. I forget how gp overlooks logic for awesome sounding words.

So you're expecting TSP to eat the shit that was forced on them, without being able to get anything in return? That's not logic, that's opening yourself up for another scoop.
Claorica wrote:It's leftists like this that really warm me up to Hoppe's idea of physical removal
Sobriety & Anti-Fascism

User avatar
North Prarie
Diplomat
 
Posts: 796
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby North Prarie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:46 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:


Also I'm no lover of the npo..


*looks at sig*
*Former Provincial Governor of the NPO*
...
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud South Pacifican. Pete Buttigieg Person. Overall weirdo.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs[/color]

User avatar
The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Kavagrad wrote:
The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
You clearly don't understand the point of what I am saying.

Also I'm no lover of the npo.. But congrats on wasting time to type like a 90s kid. High marks for avoiding that when you want to tear up a contract then say because i did this you have to comply with what I want even tho we are no long allies. I forget how gp overlooks logic for awesome sounding words.

So you're expecting TSP to eat the shit that was forced on them, without being able to get anything in return? That's not logic, that's opening yourself up for another scoop.


Yes, thats called the risks of treaty signing. You dont get to make demands if the treaty is broken. Its perfectly logical. You have to weigh risk vs reward. Im unsure how you think tsp gets to tell a region who to or not to ban. Because they were taken advantage of.. If wars the consequence ok. But the npo or any region has any obligation to listen anymore.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

User avatar
The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:58 pm

North Prarie wrote:
The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:


Also I'm no lover of the npo..


*looks at sig*
*Former Provincial Governor of the NPO*
...


Im banned from the npo for violation of their sedition laws :)
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

User avatar
North Prarie
Diplomat
 
Posts: 796
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby North Prarie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:01 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
Kavagrad wrote:So you're expecting TSP to eat the shit that was forced on them, without being able to get anything in return? That's not logic, that's opening yourself up for another scoop.


Yes, thats called the risks of treaty signing. You dont get to make demands if the treaty is broken. Its perfectly logical. You have to weigh risk vs reward. Im unsure how you think tsp gets to tell a region who to or not to ban. Because they were taken advantage of.. If wars the consequence ok. But the npo or any region has any obligation to listen anymore.

So you're saying that being taken advantage of by an ally is a consequence of signing a treaty? What kind of logic is that?
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud South Pacifican. Pete Buttigieg Person. Overall weirdo.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs[/color]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Fourth Force, Usaiana

Advertisement

Remove ads