NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific | Détente with Balder

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Kringalia wrote:I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.


I don't think anyone has had faith that TSP would see the light.

Oh I wouldn’t go that far. I’m pretty sure my phone still has a built-in flashlight.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Chief Justice and Security Councillor. Posts outside official venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.

Legal Resources: THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
Selected Achievements: Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9027
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 am

Escade wrote: ... and stated his intentions to remove Tim, including stating in a public place that Tim came from trash.


Receipts?

User avatar
Midand
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 448
Founded: Sep 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midand » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 am

Aaaaand the fire's spreading to the buildings as well.
Great.
The ban could be over and we could still be arguing about this...
I used to be very active.
Now I grovel all day about how inactive I am.
I'm quite selective on which NS Stats I use.

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 628
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 am

Kringalia wrote:
Consular wrote:Not sure what anyone can say at this point, beyond expressing profound disappointment with TSP's admin team.

It's like you guys are actively trying to usurp the shittiest admin throne from TNP eh

I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.

I doubt many people thought you would. If you ban someone for OOC reasons but refuse to show evidence for it, I doubt TSP will see how unreasonable they're acting. Claiming you're an open and transparent democracy while at the same time purging political opponents for "OOC harrassment" while refusing to show evidence for that claim isn't the best way to go. Choose one side to go with.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6226
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 am

Kringalia wrote:
Consular wrote:Not sure what anyone can say at this point, beyond expressing profound disappointment with TSP's admin team.

It's like you guys are actively trying to usurp the shittiest admin throne from TNP eh

I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.


Translation: I mean, I hope you guys know I'm going to ignore every point you raise, act as if I'm above accountability, and continue being as corrupt as ever. Hah, and y'all thought I was actually gonna engage in discourse.
The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Kringalia wrote:
Consular wrote:Not sure what anyone can say at this point, beyond expressing profound disappointment with TSP's admin team.

It's like you guys are actively trying to usurp the shittiest admin throne from TNP eh

I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.

We literally never asked for that dude. What people want is evidence, consistent treatment for admins that have demonstrated similar behaviour, and an explanation for your apparent failure to follow reasonable processes.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:35 am

Kringalia wrote:I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief

That may be but TSP's refusal to provide evidence to anyone (especially the accused) has caused some of us (myself included) to lose respect for you guys. And I actually did respect you guys despite the very hostile politics of your region.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 am

Roavin wrote:Emphasis mine. And you know this because...?

In fact, let me take this opportunity to thank regional administrators that decided not to engage in the "fun" here on GP but instead talked to us directly.

The original quote by the referenced individual:

I hope one day you make the right turn, do the right thing, and rehabilitate yourself, because the path you've chosen is not going make this game fun for you again.


Whether one agrees or disagrees with the content of quote, it's clear that this neither states that she should go to rehab, nor does the context even imply it. It's like saying that "fired up and ready to go", one of several campaign chants Obama used back in 2008, was advocating for arson.

Many of the other allegations should be interpreted accordingly.


I have ears.

Sure looks like it implies it to me.

Many other allegations on both sides should be backed up with more proof, but so far they're doing better than you in that regard.

2/10 underwhelming first post on the issue since July.




Southern Bellz wrote:good riddance.


Hey, I said that when I banned Tim from the TBH discord too, but see, I never accused him of harassing anyone.




Tandriheer wrote:Ugh... I'm new to TSP, but I don't really understand all this. All I do is hang around on the RMB, and most of the drama is happening forumside. Perhaps we could all calm down and resolve this nicely, calmly and without further drama? I will remain neutral, although I am leaning in Escade's favour.


Perhaps TSP could stop doubling down and either retract some of their accusations with an apology, or provide evidence to back them.




Midand wrote:Aaaaand the fire's spreading to the buildings as well.
Great.
The ban could be over and we could still be arguing about this...


Yes, because frankly just undoing the ban (or editing out the accusations of harassment) doesn't begin to fix half of the problem, after weeks of this mess. Not to mention that not all of the problems relate to the bans. Hell, the bans might be deserved! Even if they're only warranted for much lesser things, the *big* problem isn't with the bans, it's with the accusations made while banning without intending to prove them.

Now, there'd still be some major questions about hypocrisy, bias, admins banning their enemies for things they do too, yada yada without those accusations, but that's a different tier of mess entirely, and a less serious one.




Armaros wrote:
Kringalia wrote:I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.

I doubt many people thought you would. If you ban someone for OOC reasons but refuse to show evidence for it, I doubt TSP will see how unreasonable they're acting. Claiming you're an open and transparent democracy while at the same time purging political opponents for "OOC harrassment" while refusing to show evidence for that claim isn't the best way to go. Choose one side to go with.


Consular wrote:
Kringalia wrote:I mean, I hope you guys in Gameplay didn’t actually think there’s anything you could say, do, criticise or threaten us with, that would make us alter the bans. That would be a misguided belief.

We literally never asked for that dude. What people want is evidence, consistent treatment for admins that have demonstrated similar behaviour, and an explanation for your apparent failure to follow reasonable processes.


Well said, both.




On a side note, I found the post Roavin made in my case pretty amusing.

The cabinet of The East Pacific has requested that we state the following for the public record: The dispute between The East Pacific and The Black Hawks came to a satisfactory resolution. In the reissue of the proscriptions that are planned after the delivery of the court's opinion, the Cabinet of the South Pacific does not intend to include any mention of The East Pacific.


What a non-apology for accusing me of blackmail on no basis whatsoever. Yeah, no shit that "dispute" was resolved, TEP (and TWP for that matter) made formal posts as such months ago, which we even cited earlier in the case. I don't think you even ever claimed it was anything but resolved. Acknowledging that is not even a retraction, much less an apology.

Also, are you leaking a verdict that you got to see early there, or just assuming you'll lose?

I await round two, I guess.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:58 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Also, are you leaking a verdict that you got to see early there, or just assuming you'll lose?

Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Chief Justice and Security Councillor. Posts outside official venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.

Legal Resources: THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
Selected Achievements: Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am

Kringalia wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Also, are you leaking a verdict that you got to see early there, or just assuming you'll lose?

Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.

Oh well that's very reassuring to hear. I don't know about you Souls, but I'm totally convinced by these words and have no concerns whatsoever. It's not like TSP has demonstrated an inability to be trusted with its own procedures or anything

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 am

Consular wrote:
Kringalia wrote:Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.

Oh well that's very reassuring to hear. I don't know about you Souls, but I'm totally convinced by these words and have no concerns whatsoever. It's not like TSP has demonstrated an inability to be trusted with its own procedures or anything


I mean, I can see it just being an assumed loss, given we have the Cabinet dead to rights on everything they’ve actually presented to us - and probably could shoot down whatever they’re withholding except for the fact we don’t know what it is.

Maybe in this already-mentioned round two, I’ll actually get told what exactly I’ve supposedly done to TSP and be able to dispute it. A man can hope.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 am

Consular wrote:
Kringalia wrote:Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.

Oh well that's very reassuring to hear. I don't know about you Souls, but I'm totally convinced by these words and have no concerns whatsoever. It's not like TSP has demonstrated an inability to be trusted with its own procedures or anything

I’m glad to hear you’re reassured! :)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Chief Justice and Security Councillor. Posts outside official venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.

Legal Resources: THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
Selected Achievements: Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:05 am

Kringalia wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Also, are you leaking a verdict that you got to see early there, or just assuming you'll lose?

Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.

Don't be so humble Kringalia. We both know that's not true. We both know that TSP's court is nothing more than a figurehead for forum administration and TSP's political elite. That's been obvious for the last three years now.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
Kringalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:19 am

The Church of Satan wrote:
Kringalia wrote:Oh not at all. Rulings are never shared with anyone outside the Court. Roavin knows as much about how the Court will rule as you do.

Don't be so humble Kringalia. We both know that's not true. We both know that TSP's court is nothing more than a figurehead for forum administration and TSP's political elite. That's been obvious for the last three years now.

That’s funny. I’m sure some wish the Court was that predictable.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Chief Justice and Security Councillor. Posts outside official venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.

Legal Resources: THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
Selected Achievements: Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9027
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:19 am

Can you name, without looking, the justices who have sat on our court over the past 3 years?

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:38 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Can you name, without looking, the justices who have sat on our court over the past 3 years?


I bet you’re not not a REAL gamer girl, just a slut who poses with a controller and streams twitch IRL.

And to the rest of you, you’re not a REAL TSP hater if you can’t name the all the TSP justices in the past 3 years without looking. You heard me. Go on. Can’t do it? Get back to kitchen and make me a sandwich.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 27805
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:46 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Can you name, without looking, the justices who have sat on our court over the past 3 years?


I bet you’re not not a REAL gamer girl, just a slut who poses with a controller and streams twitch IRL.

And to the rest of you, you’re not a REAL TSP hater if you can’t name the all the TSP justices in the past 3 years without looking. You heard me. Go on. Can’t do it? Get back to kitchen and make me a sandwich.

While I see the point you're making here, plz to dial it back some kthx.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9027
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:50 am

If you’re going to say something as specific as TSP’s courts have been corrupt for exactly the past 3 years, then I think it’s reasonable to ask how much knowledge you have of TSP’s courts over the past 3 years. What exactly happened 3 years ago? Who was on the court?

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:51 am

Reploid Productions wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
I bet you’re not not a REAL gamer girl, just a slut who poses with a controller and streams twitch IRL.

And to the rest of you, you’re not a REAL TSP hater if you can’t name the all the TSP justices in the past 3 years without looking. You heard me. Go on. Can’t do it? Get back to kitchen and make me a sandwich.

While I see the point you're making here, plz to dial it back some kthx.


Couldn’t resist the Gatekeeping memes, sorry :P Noted.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:54 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:If you’re going to say something as specific as TSP’s courts have been corrupt for exactly the past 3 years, then I think it’s reasonable to ask how much knowledge you have of TSP’s courts over the past 3 years. What exactly happened 3 years ago? Who was on the court?

Remember TAC Saxton and Apad? When forum administration illegally obtained evidence to get rid of them? Oh sure you provided several excuses but even Tsunamy saw it for what was. I can't imagine why she never did anything about it.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
North East Somerset
Diplomat
 
Posts: 719
Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:01 pm

IC, I think Tim/Escade got their comeuppance being kicked out of TSP for supporting the Regime there which they knew were capable of this sort of thing, and have zero sympathy with their position in-game, as I've already expressed.

A couple of days ago Tim said on Discord; "I mean the real deal skinny of tsp is it has a cabal at the very top that doesn't care too much for due process, and shoots down new people to stay in power. I didn't think it extended to ooc misconduct too, but we learn new things every day. Hell, I signed off on some of the proscriptions knowing full well that I'd not seen evidence like I've been in some corrupt places (@ ofo under my rule <3). but goddamn tsp reeks. I just obviously had no issue with it when it was profiting me"

I mean obviously there is a lot of truth to that. A lot of players have been banned for stuff in Nationstates that is dubious at best, but rarely are allegations extended OOC without evidence. And when they are, it needs to be called out.

The worrying thing here really is the inability of TSP Admin to separate IC/OOC, and their willingness to invoke the latter, for what appears to be political expediency.

I have no issue with TSP Admins removing Tim and Escade for IC reasons. But let's not start throwing around false OOC allegations.

Are there really any genuine OOC reasons other than the TSP Admins don't like them and they are inconvenience who are destabilising the region with their political agenda? If not, then fine, lets clarify that, they can remain banned, but without besmirching their RL character.

It's okay to ban for IC reasons, I've done it dozens of times, but lets be honest about it - not besmirch and taint people's real life character. This game should be better than that. I don't want to play this game with people who drag OOC into things to win, and I know I'm not alone.

TSP Admin should clarify that this was an IC political decision taken for what they believe to be the communities best interests, and that they have the full legal power to do this, but remove the allegations of OOC harassment if they are not substantive. We can all judge the merit in any IC banning (which would be best done by Executive rather than Admin powers imo ftr, but that's a personal regional structure preference not an absolute truth) - and have differing opinions on it. That's fine.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NES: Beast of Balder

King of Balder
Lord High Steward in The LKE
Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9027
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:30 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:If you’re going to say something as specific as TSP’s courts have been corrupt for exactly the past 3 years, then I think it’s reasonable to ask how much knowledge you have of TSP’s courts over the past 3 years. What exactly happened 3 years ago? Who was on the court?

Remember TAC Saxton and Apad? When forum administration illegally obtained evidence to get rid of them? Oh sure you provided several excuses but even Tsunamy saw it for what was. I can't imagine why she never did anything about it.

He*

Do you remember the part where those two players were breaking the law by fraudulently writing appeals on their own rulings, but signing them as another justice? Can't imagine the vitriol GP would be sending my way had I ever done something like that.

North East Somerset wrote:Tim: "I mean the real deal skinny of tsp is it has a cabal at the very top that doesn't care too much for due process, and shoots down new people to stay in power."


I think there are some new TSPers who have some feelings about how Tim treated them running for office.

North East Somerset wrote:The worrying thing here really is the inability of TSP Admin to separate IC/OOC, and their willingness to invoke the latter, for what appears to be political expediency.


How do we determine when prolonged & sustained flaming and baiting of targeted people is IC vs OOC? Which one makes it okay?

----

Anyways, I'm still waiting on the proof on the allegation that I said Tim "came from trash."
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
North East Somerset
Diplomat
 
Posts: 719
Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:Tim: "I mean the real deal skinny of tsp is it has a cabal at the very top that doesn't care too much for due process, and shoots down new people to stay in power."


I think there are some new TSPers who have some feelings about how Tim treated them running for office.

North East Somerset wrote:The worrying thing here really is the inability of TSP Admin to separate IC/OOC, and their willingness to invoke the latter, for what appears to be political expediency.


How do we determine when prolonged & sustained flaming and baiting of targeted people is IC vs OOC? Which one makes it okay?


Neither are okay, and you can remove people from the community for either, I think I made that clear. But they should be differentiated through procedure.

I mean it's not complicated. It's IC if the content of the "prolonged & sustained flaming and baiting" is an IC matter. Like the example you just gave about how Tim treated new TSPers running for Office, sounds like classic IC politics by very definition.

But you can't have the Admin team taking IC flaming and baiting, and saying it is OOC harassment and thus defaming someone's RL character, over their actions in a game.

This is demeaning real harassment. Tim as a player can be be my worst enemy in this game, but I can have respect for him as a person. You just don't seem to fundamentally get it.

If you can't separate IC and OOC at all, that is really dangerous - you shouldn't really be playing this game, and certainly shouldn't be an Admin in a major region.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NES: Beast of Balder

King of Balder
Lord High Steward in The LKE
Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:Remember TAC Saxton and Apad? When forum administration illegally obtained evidence to get rid of them? Oh sure you provided several excuses but even Tsunamy saw it for what was. I can't imagine why she never did anything about it.

He*

Do you remember the part where those two players were breaking the law by fraudulently writing appeals on their own rulings, but signing them as another justice? Can't imagine the vitriol GP would be sending my way had I ever done something like that.

Do you remember the part where your alleged evidence wasn't presented? What about the part where none of the justices provided the evidence because their ruling was unanimoous? What about the part where one of the three admins at the time saw how wrong and illegal your so-called evidence was obtained. Two admins (you Glen and Kringalia) were his only supporters between the High Court and forum administration however neither of you were justices. Despite that one or both of you went into a private subforum that is strictly for private deliberations between justices and used those deliberations as evidence. More than that, their only "crime" was that the Court's ruling suggested a means by which the Assembly could make to close a legal loophole which regional law said was their right to do. Both of you broke regional law to obtain your evidence. Sure as admins you legitimately had access to the High Court's deliberations but only in an OOC administrative capacity. Because it benefited you though, you approached it in an IC, political manner and labeled them as criminals for a crime that wasn't even a crime. Even worse you never presented your so called evidence. All because you disagreed with their ruling. As always, TSP's forum administration abused its power for their own gain. Hide it behind all the excuses you want but public opinion was that the lack of evidence and forum administration's bullying of the High Court was wrong. Even your root admin, Tsunamy, believed that.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:He*

Do you remember the part where those two players were breaking the law by fraudulently writing appeals on their own rulings, but signing them as another justice? Can't imagine the vitriol GP would be sending my way had I ever done something like that.

Do you remember the part where your alleged evidence wasn't presented? What about the part where none of the justices provided the evidence because their ruling was unanimoous? What about the part where one of the three admins at the time saw how wrong and illegal your so-called evidence was obtained. Two admins (you Glen and Kringalia) were his only supporters between the High Court and forum administration however neither of you were justices. Despite that one or both of you went into a private subforum that is strictly for private deliberations between justices and used those deliberations as evidence. More than that, their only "crime" was that the Court's ruling suggested a means by which the Assembly could make to close a legal loophole which regional law said was their right to do. Both of you broke regional law to obtain your evidence. Sure as admins you legitimately had access to the High Court's deliberations but only in an OOC administrative capacity. Because it benefited you though, you approached it in an IC, political manner and labeled them as criminals for a crime that wasn't even a crime. Even worse you never presented your so called evidence. All because you disagreed with their ruling. As always, TSP's forum administration abused its power for their own gain. Hide it behind all the excuses you want but public opinion was that the lack of evidence and forum administration's bullying of the High Court was wrong. Even your root admin, Tsunamy, believed that.


You’re telling me that both Kris and Glen ended being brought onto the court without a second thought even after that?

Whew.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Almonaster Nuevo

Advertisement

Remove ads