NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Feel free to reply in court any time as well. My lawyer and I are more than ready for counterclaims and questions from the other parties and the court.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Jakker wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:In the meantime, you will continue trolling, Imki will continue making dumb demands that nobody’s allowed to say her name, and McMannia will... be McMannia, I guess. TSP will move forward safer than it was. Balder and Osiris will never face criticism from you lot. And next month, you’ll all find something else to fill your bad faith trolling needs.

It is not for you to decide what constitutes trolling on the forum. Unofficial warning for Trollnaming.

I didn't say I was going to report anybody for trolling. I said they were being trolls, which they are. The word can be used in multiple contexts, not just in forum moderation. Engaging in bad faith in NSGP politics can be trolling, without the forum rules getting involved. There's Internet trolling, then there's IC trolling. If there's a different word I should use that describes the activity, I'm all for it. But I doubt Moderation wants to get inundated with reports every time NSGPers engage in bad faith politics to get a laugh...
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Jakker wrote:
It is not for you to decide what constitutes trolling on the forum. Unofficial warning for Trollnaming.

I didn't say I was going to report anybody for trolling. I said they were being trolls, which they are. The word can be used in multiple contexts, not just in forum moderation. Engaging in bad faith in NSGP politics can be trolling, without the forum rules getting involved. There's Internet trolling, then there's IC trolling. If there's a different word I should use that describes the activity, I'm all for it. But I doubt Moderation wants to get inundated with reports every time NSGPers engage in bad faith politics to get a laugh...

Maybe you should use heckling or something. Trollnaming is a well-known rules violation and it's hard to differentiate between the two types.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:I didn't say I was going to report anybody for trolling. I said they were being trolls, which they are. The word can be used in multiple contexts, not just in forum moderation. Engaging in bad faith in NSGP politics can be trolling, without the forum rules getting involved. There's Internet trolling, then there's IC trolling. If there's a different word I should use that describes the activity, I'm all for it. But I doubt Moderation wants to get inundated with reports every time NSGPers engage in bad faith politics to get a laugh...

Maybe you should use heckling or something. Trollnaming is a well-known rules violation and it's hard to differentiate between the two types.

"Heckling" is interrupting someone with rude comments. There's a better shorthand for "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value." But if the mods don't feel like differentiating between legit 4chan-style trolling and political IC trolling, then I guess I'll say "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value."

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:There's a better shorthand for "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value."

"TSP"

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:There's a better shorthand for "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value."

"TSP"

You're assuming we have fun? I thought it was the opposite?

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Maybe you should use heckling or something. Trollnaming is a well-known rules violation and it's hard to differentiate between the two types.

"Heckling" is interrupting someone with rude comments. There's a better shorthand for "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value."

Shitposting
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Jasmennia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jasmennia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Not really my place to hang around, but this all seems extremely petty. Y'all are essentially choking the other out to try and stand above the rest, but have instead attracted the attention of NS forum mods. Shouldn't the be a big enough hint to stop?
Alvaris Confederation Councilman
"Everyone wants to change the world, no one wants to change themselves."

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Jasmennia wrote:Not really my place to hang around, but this all seems extremely petty. Y'all are essentially choking the other out to try and stand above the rest, but have instead attracted the attention of NS forum mods. Shouldn't the be a big enough hint to stop?

Petty? This is standard Gameplay arguments......and they can get a lot more petty :P As for the mods, GPers mostly stay within forum rules.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Jakker wrote:

Wikipedia is not applicable to moderator descisions. You do not get to decide what is and is not trolling on NS. End of story.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012

Postby Tim Stark » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:06 pm

Syberis wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:"Heckling" is interrupting someone with rude comments. There's a better shorthand for "engaging in bad faith for entertainment value."

Shitposting

^ This man knows what's up
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Imkitopia wrote:My issue isn't with your proscription as I'm no longer involved or have any interest in the affairs of TSP unless they concern Lazarus. What annoys me is their use of an event that happened a long time ago to paint me as some kind of victim when I have said repeatedly and publicly that it was not an issue in any way, shape or form and nobody cared about it at the time. It just seems like a terrible attempt to pad a flimsy argument and I am not happy about being their tool in that when they know damn well, had I been involved still, I would have rejected the claims. I was not asked about it by the current cabinet or told it would go public. When I tried to speak to PM Farengeto I was unsurprisingly ignored and the FA minister Resentine didn't seem to actually know anything about the event in question at all.

Not confidence building for sure there TSP. Sort your act out.

Agree with Imki, although that isn't surprising or strange. We happen to agree on a number of things. The lack of communication skills and ignorance on the part of the cabinet and lack of anything but nonsense whether PM or FA is astounding really. Farengeto will beat the faux "toxic" drum as far as he can while being a tool of Glenn-Rhodes and accomplishing nothing of note. This is not the first time Farengeto has made false claims and allegations or tried to lay blame on others for his own actions, it's unfortunate that the FA Minister Resentine doesn't seem to have a public voice or won't disavow things unless in private places where he can play both sides.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Escade (yes, she voted for this)

Are you supposed to be telling us that? I don't see it in any public area of TSP's forum.

I would certainly hope you're not abusing your legislator/admin access to areas of TSP's forum to disclose confidential information about one of your political enemies in TSP to the Gameplay forum. Because TSP has laws against that, and I know how big you are on the rule of law. You just said so.

Laws are only applicable to players that this particular group of people can't control or wants to oust.

Let me make it clear as I did in my OP post regarding the proscriptions: I'm for the proscriptions, but against the manner and lack of presentation the cabinet put forth along with a general attitude of the current cabinet trying to blame all their woes and lack of competence on us.

Finally, I strongly suggest players, especially from TSP, don't bring up "bullying" without doing some naval gazing of their own. After all I was told that I needed to got to rehab and seek forgiveness simply for my choices of friends and players I chose to support in the game. So check your own vile behaviors out before trying to use female players and "bullying" as something to trash other people with when you engage in nastiness and think it shouldn't have consequences.
Last edited by Escade on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Escade wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Are you supposed to be telling us that? I don't see it in any public area of TSP's forum.

I would certainly hope you're not abusing your legislator/admin access to areas of TSP's forum to disclose confidential information about one of your political enemies in TSP to the Gameplay forum. Because TSP has laws against that, and I know how big you are on the rule of law. You just said so.

Laws are only applicable to players that this particular group of people can't control or wants to oust.

We're finding some real common ground here, again. Wow, again. We might find more common ground if you follow the train of thought through "and this can't possibly change as long as GR is root." :P

Escade wrote:Let me make it clear as I did in my OP post regarding the proscriptions: I'm for the proscriptions, but against the manner and lack of presentation the cabinet put forth along with a general attitude of the current cabinet trying to blame all their woes and lack of competence on us.

Finally, I strongly suggest players, especially from TSP, don't bring up "bullying" without doing some naval gazing of their own. After all I was told that I needed to got to rehab and seek forgiveness simply for my choices of friends and players I chose to support in the game. So check your own vile behaviors out before trying to use female players and "bullying" as something to trash other people with when you're as guilty of it yourself.

Frankly, I don't disagree. It makes sense for those in charge of TSP to want to proscribe me. As you've noted though, via a combination of poor law and poor research/presentation, the current proscription is less than valid. Feel free to support that with testimony to the court! Maybe prove some things are not above the law. I might suggest in the future, TSP make like say, Osiris, and write laws that let TSP proscribe people for any reason you desire, if TSP wishes to hand them out more willy nilly, to people guilty only of thought crimes ;)

And yeah, frankly I should probably be making more of a fuss of the fact that Roavin has really made a habit of twisting and greatly exaggerating events he was not party to, to make me out as some monster, despite the supposed victims repeatedly clearing my name of anything more than being a bit annoying or representing TBH in more less than diplomatic diplomatic moments. It's really, really getting old fast. It was old when it started happening in early 2017. It's ancient now.

I'm sorry it's taken being backstabbed yourself, apparently, to begin to see some of this. Sounds like some nasty stuff was said to you. As much as I've been annoyed your persona of choice, unless there's something major I don't know about you, you probably don't deserve being told you need to "go to rehab." The other half of my animosity towards you has been to do with seeing you effectively defend this sort of crap behind an endless veneer of "let's all be friends and forgive" and glitter over many months. I hope you realize that none of this you're seeing now is new, just happening to you instead of others now. But hindsight is 20/20. Now you know. Look forwards to seeing where you go with it.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Blight-Bane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Blight-Bane » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:59 pm

I've noticed how raiders and their affiliates almost invariably resort to court actions (in GCRs) when the rock has been turned over. On the other hand, I'm not sure public proscription announcements in GP is a good idea.
Last edited by Blight-Bane on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 pm

Blight-Bane wrote:I've noticed how raiders and their affiliates almost invariably resort to court actions (in GCRs) when the rock has been turned over. On the other hand, I'm not sure if public proscription announcements in GP is a good idea.

Why would we not?

I believe TSP's proscription of me to not meet TSP's legal requirements for proscription. Why then would I not seek a case on the matter? It's interesting to do, it's right to hold righteous regions to their laws, and between those factors and more, it's fun. A proscription is a legal action, which comes with explicit information on what legal action you can take to appeal it. Do you know of some other way to fight a proscription? Or are you suggesting that we just roll over and ignore it? I mean, while I'm not particularly affected at the moment by this, that doesn't prevent me from wanting to fight something I think is wrong and unfair, not just in terms of overblown content, but in terms of being in violation of TSP's own rules.

If they don't want checks and balances, if they don't want people fighting them, if they don't want to be held by their laws, then they should change how they operates so that's not the case. But if they're going to criticize such being the case in other places, then they probably should not, and should in fact *enjoy* challenges like this, as a chance to prove themselves right and their system functional.

And, what is the point of legal systems if not for challenges?

Finally, public proscriptions generally go fine, whether IC or OOC, when you've prepared them well. When.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 pm

Lamoni wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:I didn't say I was going to report anybody for trolling. I said they were being trolls, which they are. The word can be used in multiple contexts, not just in forum moderation. Engaging in bad faith in NSGP politics can be trolling, without the forum rules getting involved. There's Internet trolling, then there's IC trolling. If there's a different word I should use that describes the activity, I'm all for it. But I doubt Moderation wants to get inundated with reports every time NSGPers engage in bad faith politics to get a laugh...

Wikipedia is not applicable to moderator descisions. You do not get to decide what is and is not trolling on NS. End of story.

Yeah, but his meaning is not wrong. Syberis was correct when stating shitposting would be a better word to avoid confusing with Moderation terms that are related to rulebreaking.

Same with griefing. There are two kinds of griefing used. One is on the site rules and the other is what we term as full destruction of a region for malicious intent without breaking the site rules.

None of this meant Glen was wrong in his meaning, he's only wrong in so far it would cause confusion with the site rules.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

McManniaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Lamoni wrote:

Yeah, but his meaning is not wrong. Syberis was correct when stating shitposting would be a better word to avoid confusing with Moderation terms that are related to rulebreaking.

Same with griefing. There are two kinds of griefing used. One is on the site rules and the other is what we term as full destruction of a region for malicious intent without breaking the site rules.

None of this meant Glen was wrong in his meaning, he's only wrong in so far it would cause confusion with the site rules.

Moderation isn’t liable to change their minds because of a maybe potential technically thats really just arguing semantics. Best to just let it be.
Founder of Hydra Command and a Malicious Wolfy Boi
Constant TV Streamer with an addiction to Horror, Gay Magic and Crack Cocaine

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:20 am

McManniaa wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:

Moderation isn’t liable to change their minds because of a maybe potential technically thats really just arguing semantics. Best to just let it be.

I don't give a shit. While Glen shouldn't be potentially or outright breaking site rules, doesn't mean he's not wrong. His mistake is using the wrong words. If he said shitposting, the mods wouldn't even be here despite it being no different than what he said. I'll let it be when you stop bringing it back up and telling me what to do.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:04 am

What a tantrum.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

McManniaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:06 am

Spicy spicy
Founder of Hydra Command and a Malicious Wolfy Boi
Constant TV Streamer with an addiction to Horror, Gay Magic and Crack Cocaine

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeah I mean it was a bit of a weird, and probably completely unnecessary, intervention from our newer mods there.

McChimp
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby McChimp » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Glen said another player would continue to troll-in order to continue to troll, one has to have already been trolling-someone who trolls is a troll. TLDR, Glen called somebody a troll. That is trollnaming. A mod intervened.

It seems pretty simple and just to me.
'YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.' - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.

Aav Verinhall
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aav Verinhall » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:17 pm

*clap* So TSP finally noticed that their application process for legislators is a piece of junk? I was the head director of HYDRA, and let me say, all of that stuff about HYDRA is true. TRI? Not so much. Thanks for the support though! *sarcastic laugh*
Minister of Foreign Affairs for Hartfelden
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Economic Left/Right: -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012

Postby Tim Stark » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 am

McChimp wrote:Glen said another player would continue to troll-in order to continue to troll, one has to have already been trolling-someone who trolls is a troll. TLDR, Glen called somebody a troll. That is trollnaming. A mod intervened.

It seems pretty simple and just to me.

As much as I hate agreeing with Chimp, he seems pretty spot on here. If you call someone a troll onsite, that's trollnaming.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Slitherin Snakes
Secretary

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Slitherin Snakes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Aav Verinhall wrote:*clap* So TSP finally noticed that their application process for legislators is a piece of junk? I was the head director of HYDRA, and let me say, all of that stuff about HYDRA is true. TRI? Not so much. Thanks for the support though! *sarcastic laugh*

So why is TRI citizens that never participated or engaged in that being proscribed? If you want to proscribe TRI citizens at least write a factual statement of doing it. Perhaps better research should have been done to only proscribe former HYDRA members then?
Well that last year was fun. Thanks Vult, Sithis, and Sam for the past year!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay