NATION

PASSWORD

Curious Observations | Funkadelia sold Lazarus to... Adytus?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

This just confirms Laz is basically wrapped up.

If the resistence had a heart beat, its fading so fast.

I can not imagine this lasting much longer.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Escade wrote:Or is there going to be crickets chirping and being really like ugh.

What?
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Funkadelia wrote:
Escade wrote:Or is there going to be crickets chirping and being really like ugh.

What?

Face it. You aren't as skilled as the people in Osiris in arousing activity, and you're still losing endorsements. Unless you're hiring a special group of players to help bring activity into Lazarus, you'll need those 25 nations that you banjected, or you'll end up with a dead, stagnant region.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Funkadelia wrote:What?

Face it. You aren't as skilled as the people in Osiris in arousing activity, and you're still losing endorsements. Unless you're hiring a special group of players to help bring activity into Lazarus, you'll need those 25 nations that you banjected, or you'll end up with a dead, stagnant region.

They seem to be doing a fine job on their discord, forum, and RMB.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Swarshengaggen
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swarshengaggen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Big Bad Badger wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Face it. You aren't as skilled as the people in Osiris in arousing activity, and you're still losing endorsements. Unless you're hiring a special group of players to help bring activity into Lazarus, you'll need those 25 nations that you banjected, or you'll end up with a dead, stagnant region.

Doing a fine job rebuilding everything that was built by those 25 nations and destroyed by Funk for the sake of "inactivity," indeed. Not to mention that those rebuilding are mostly raiders that aren't likely to stay long in what is essentially a GCR version of the Illuminati coup.
Forte S. Moralis, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of MLNM Auction & Exchange Houses, Inc.
also President & Commander-in-Chief of the Unified Federation of Swarshengaggen
Get Swarshy

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:52 pm

Swarshengaggen wrote:
Big Bad Badger wrote:

Doing a fine job rebuilding everything that was built by those 25 nations and destroyed by Funk for the sake of "inactivity," indeed. Not to mention that those rebuilding are mostly raiders that aren't likely to stay long in what is essentially a GCR version of the Illuminati coup.

If talking out your bum was a sport, you'd have an Olympic gold medal.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Swarshengaggen
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swarshengaggen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 am

Funkadelia wrote:
Swarshengaggen wrote:Doing a fine job rebuilding everything that was built by those 25 nations and destroyed by Funk for the sake of "inactivity," indeed. Not to mention that those rebuilding are mostly raiders that aren't likely to stay long in what is essentially a GCR version of the Illuminati coup.

If talking out your bum was a sport, you'd have an Olympic gold medal.

That's a lame comeback - especially seeing that you aren't talking about your own position at all, instead resorting to acting as if you were all knowing. I'm afraid that your poor observation just makes your arguments seem like squabbling over the littlest of attacks.
Forte S. Moralis, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of MLNM Auction & Exchange Houses, Inc.
also President & Commander-in-Chief of the Unified Federation of Swarshengaggen
Get Swarshy

Altheriol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Altheriol » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 am

Big Bad Badger wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Face it. You aren't as skilled as the people in Osiris in arousing activity, and you're still losing endorsements. Unless you're hiring a special group of players to help bring activity into Lazarus, you'll need those 25 nations that you banjected, or you'll end up with a dead, stagnant region.

In which case do they even need the specific region?
Unless specifically stated, all posts are in a personal capacity only.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 am

Altheriol wrote:
Big Bad Badger wrote:

In which case do they even need the specific region?

...What?

Derpsles
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Derpsles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 am

Altheriol wrote:In which case do they even need the specific region?

The 'resistance' also claims to be doing a fine job, activity-wise. By the same logic, do they even need Lazarus as a specific region? After all, they seem to be doing fine without it :roll:
~Derps
Am ebil raider, or something :]

Altheriol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Altheriol » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 am

Killer Kitty wrote:

...What?

As in, to how great a degree does being part of Lazarus the NS region matter to their community?
Unless specifically stated, all posts are in a personal capacity only.

Crickets Chirping Like Ugh
Civilian

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Crickets Chirping Like Ugh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:

My coming was foretold!

*one note puppet exits stage left*

Altino
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Altino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Face it. You aren't as skilled as the people in Osiris in arousing activity

Yeah, the people in Osiris are awesome. 100% Agee. Real go-getters. Not sure what that has to do with Laz tho. :p

*applauds herself and runs away*
Last edited by Altino on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes.☮

Gracius Maximus
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gracius Maximus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 am

Derpsles wrote:

The 'resistance' also claims to be doing a fine job, activity-wise. By the same logic, do they even need Lazarus as a specific region? After all, they seem to be doing fine without it :roll:

This has always been something that confuses me. Nations moan on and on about community and yet focus unnecessarily upon a specific region. If the 'resistance' feels that they are best served in a community where Funkadelia is not the Delegate then they are free to establish their own region and offsite community where that is the case. Why even expend the energy on a region from which they have definitively been removed?
'Remember, everything you have here in the North is only because I got bored.' - The Minister, Ruler of Gracius Maximus, Conqueror of Pixiedance, last hero of the North
'Some acts simply cannot be apologized for. I do realize this is a game, but you have caused all of us so much strife over the past months, and caused others to follow in your lead, that it's become a bit more than that. And as such, I cannot accept your apology. Respect it, I will. Forgive you, I won't.' - Hersfold
Former Delegate of The North Pacific
Former Chief Justice, Attorney General, Minister of Defense, Minister of Justice, Deputy Minister of Culture, member of the Security Council, and Election Commissioner of The North Pacific. Holder of an eighty count.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 am

Gracius Maximus wrote:
Derpsles wrote:The 'resistance' also claims to be doing a fine job, activity-wise. By the same logic, do they even need Lazarus as a specific region? After all, they seem to be doing fine without it :roll:

This has always been something that confuses me. Nations moan on and on about community and yet focus unnecessarily upon a specific region. If the 'resistance' feels that they are best served in a community where Funkadelia is not the Delegate then they are free to establish their own region and offsite community where that is the case. Why even expend the energy on a region from which they have definitively been removed?

Playing devil's advocate a bit here though, since I'm not on the side of the "resistance" -- how boring would gameplay be if everyone just gave up and moved on to found their own user-created region in situations like this? We do need conflict in gameplay.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 am

Because they consider Lazarus their home.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:Because they consider Lazarus their home.

It's really this simple. People get attached, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 am

Consular wrote:

It's really this simple. People get attached, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Indeed.

I mean, there's a reason the Osiran resistance moved on after they lost - they were attached to Osiris itself, not the notion of resistance or the speciifc collection of people that opposed the Tim/Koth/Cormac coup
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 am

Eh, I'm not sure about that. I'm sure they claim they consider Lazarus their home, but a lot of these people are cosmopolitans who are involved in multiple regions, or who move from region to region trying to grab power. Several of them are much more invested in other regions than they are in Lazarus. I don't think they necessarily consider Lazarus "their home," but clearly they do consider it their territory -- something that should remain under their control, no matter how much time or effort they dedicate to it (which, in many of these people's cases, hasn't been much time or effort at all).
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Eh, I'm not sure about that. I'm sure they claim they consider Lazarus their home, but a lot of these people are cosmopolitans involved in multiple regions, or who move from region to region trying to grab power. Several of them are much more invested in other regions than they are in Lazarus. I don't think they necessarily consider Lazarus "their home," but clearly they do consider it their territory -- something that should remain under their control, no matter how much time or effort they dedicate to it (which, in many of these people's cases, hasn't been much time or effort at all).

I consider both Kantrias and Europeia to be my home, and did the same for TNI when I was there.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 am

I consider TWP a home in a sense and would lend aid if they requested, though I don't reside there anymore.

Home means different things to different folks.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Eh, I'm not sure about that. I'm sure they claim they consider Lazarus their home, but a lot of these people are cosmopolitans involved in multiple regions, or who move from region to region trying to grab power. Several of them are much more invested in other regions than they are in Lazarus. I don't think they necessarily consider Lazarus "their home," but clearly they do consider it their territory -- something that should remain under their control, no matter how much time or effort they dedicate to it (which, in many of these people's cases, hasn't been much time or effort at all).

I consider both Kantrias and Europeia to be my home, and did the same for TNI when I was there.

Right, and that is possible -- but also rare. Many cosmopolitans favor one region over others in which they're involved. From what I know, you've put significant time and effort into all three regions, but a lot of the "resistance" haven't put much time or effort into Lazarus compared to how much time and effort they're putting into other regions in which they are more invested. Funkadelia has raised several examples of that.

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

Escade wrote:Sad to see it took several long I think everyone knows I'm not shy about stating my opinions and like I totes am highly annoyed by the lameness exhibited here because of the attempt to go from catty nonsense to OC - like grasping at straws without any real argument or some sort of straw people... What's irrelevant to me is general blah blah blah boring and lots of things like this convo.

Stay classy, TSP!
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

The Sygian wrote:
Escade wrote:Sad to see it took several long I think everyone knows I'm not shy about stating my opinions and like I totes am highly annoyed by the lameness exhibited here because of the attempt to go from catty nonsense to OC - like grasping at straws without any real argument or some sort of straw people... What's irrelevant to me is general blah blah blah boring and lots of things like this convo.

Stay classy, TSP!

So, I wasn't the only one saying this in my head then.

I am unsure where this thread will go next its like that car crash you don't want to look away from but know youre holding up traffic by being a lookieloo.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

East Kerbin
Attaché

Founded: Aug 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby East Kerbin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

Man, why can't Funkadelia just eject and ban the rebels?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay