NATION

PASSWORD

Concerning Warzones

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

What is your opinion on Warzones?

They are useless
43%
They are dying out
36%
They are very active
21%

Total votes : 14

Bordurian Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Concerning Warzones

Postby Bordurian Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Why are the warzones(Sandbox, Europe, Airspace, Asia, Australia, and Africa) so inactive? I would think that lots of raiders would fight over it, but the WA Delegates have been there for weeks, with no sign of any invasions. Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion.
Last edited by Bordurian Islands on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Bordurian Islands wrote:Why are the warzones(Sandbox, Europe, Airspace, Asia, Australia, and Africa) so inactive? I would think that lots of raiders would fight over it, but the WA Delegates have been there for weeks, with no sign of any invasions. Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion.

That was sort of the original idea for them. It never really worked out that way.

For a time they were given a fair amount of use as training grounds for Defenders. It was a way for us to practice liberations in a low-pressure situation.

You should ask Codger about the Peace Zone theory one of these days. That would still be really cool to see, if getting people involved in anything wasn't so damned difficult.

Warzones do get raided from time to time. Most of them accept it as a risk of living in a region explicitly designed to be fought over, but every once in a while someone pretends that's not the case and they try to raise a stink about it. Nobody takes said stink very seriously though and it usually airs out in a day or two.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Bordurian Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I think it's kind of dumb that five or so nations could control all warzones.

Bordurian Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Shizensky wrote:
Bordurian Islands wrote:Why are the warzones(Sandbox, Europe, Airspace, Asia, Australia, and Africa) so inactive? I would think that lots of raiders would fight over it, but the WA Delegates have been there for weeks, with no sign of any invasions. Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion.

That was sort of the original idea for them. It never really worked out that way.

For a time they were given a fair amount of use as training grounds for Defenders. It was a way for us to practice liberations in a low-pressure situation.

You should ask Codger about the Peace Zone theory one of these days. That would still be really cool to see, if getting people involved in anything wasn't so damned difficult.

Warzones do get raided from time to time. Most of them accept it as a risk of living in a region explicitly designed to be fought over, but every once in a while someone pretends that's not the case and they try to raise a stink about it. Nobody takes said stink very seriously though and it usually airs out in a day or two.

What is Peace Zone Theory?

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Bordurian Islands wrote:I think it's kind of dumb that five or so nations could control all warzones.

I was a Warzone Delegate once.

Then Mommy Yuno put me in my place :(
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Raiders aren't interested in them because there's no value in taking them because there isn't a community they can harass and destroy. :)

Bordurian Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Consular wrote:Raiders aren't interested in them because there's no value in taking them because there isn't a community they can harass and destroy. :)

True. But I think it would be a "badge of honor" to a raider region to own all or most of the warzones.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Consular wrote:Raiders aren't interested in them because there's no value in taking them because there isn't a community they can harass and destroy. :)

Likewise, we've always been fine training against them for that same reason.

Bordurian Islands wrote:True. But I think it would be a "badge of honor" to a raider region to own all or most of the warzones.

Most raiders want it to mean something if they're going to hold on to a region, and they're going to want defenders to attempt a liberation. Why would we worry about liberating a Warzone? If it ties them up from going after real communities then there's no reason we'd get in their way.

Manufactured battlefields just don't hold the same value.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Bordurian Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 pm

I think that warzones would be a great place to host an "NS Wargames", where multiple defender regions would fight over the warzones for training and competition.
Last edited by Bordurian Islands on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Most sizey and active orgs like tgw if theyre trolling or tbh could hit the warzones once a day I'd they felt like it. There's just not much glory in it, and it takes effort so no one does it
Last edited by Chingis on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:23 pm

TGW could hold all five Warzones long-term if we wanted to. There's no reason to waste troops on them, though.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Now now Consular, I would definitely say Warzone Europe at the very least has a solid community. They even a government, forum section, and alliances with other regions. But I guess they are not a community in your eyes? :(
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Warwick Z Codger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Warwick Z Codger » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Chingis wrote:Most sizey and active orgs like tgw if theyre trolling or tbh could hit the warzones once a day I'd they felt like it. There's just not much glory in it, and it takes effort so no one does it

Works fine for us as well, we know you're all trolling when you hit a Warzone so we can mock our outrage as well, knowing there's no real consequences when you live in a Warzone.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 am

Jakker wrote:

Now now Consular, I would definitely say Warzone Europe at the very least has a solid community. They even a government, forum section, and alliances with other regions. But I guess they are not a community in your eyes? :(

That community exists, but there's no interest in taking something you can purge in 10 seconds. There's no strategy, no competition.

That doesn't mean the community has any rights or expectations to not be invaded, though, as its choice to reside in a region game-designated as a Warzone means they harbor no sovereignty of their own.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay