NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Nominations for 2022 Class OPEN!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I'll be giving my nominations later

Thanks for the update!

I don't believe I was around for last year's, has EWS been added? He's been one of the driving forces of the raiding community for years now and has a miraculous ability to cooperate with numerous regions to make a raid near-impossible to overturn. He's the leading face of his generation of gameplayers, but gives off an aura of a classic (pre-tag) region crasher. Keeps his nose clean and does his best to be as professional as one can be in this game, steering his organization in a direction that has kept them free from the scandals that have plagued the invader side for years.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:47 am

Yeah quite honestly I feel comfortable saying raiding wouldn't be where it is without Souls.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:17 am

I'd like to publicly nominate Reventus Koth (formally known as Ambroscus Koth). Two main reasons for this nomination include his involvement in the founding of the Osiris Fraternal Order, which was raider affiliated for some time. Additionally, Koth has played a significant role in bridging the gap between role-players and raiding. He has helped change the narrative of raiders amongst the roleplaying community through his efforts with The Brotherhood of Malice and The Black Hawks. This contribution has led to role-players becoming involved in raiding as well.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Rephias
Civilian

Founded: Apr 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephias » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm

I nominate Verak of Corporate Conservative, circa 2006-2007 era. I doubt many were around back then, but whoever was would certainly remember this remarkable individual.

There was a big war between San Francisco Bay Area and Corporate Conservative back in 2007, involved many regions (many Communist ones on the SFBA side, and LKE, GB&E, Empires of Earth, etc). Verak started the war by carelessly mocking other nations/regions. The whole thing was a PR disaster. Even still, Verak was involved in pretty much all the raids of the time, and used flirtation/mirroring in order to spy on/gather intel on other regions, including passwords to numerous locked forums.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:22 pm

I nominate Vippertooth33 leader of The MT Army, a region Commended for their work against Nazis and fascists.

Vippertooth33 has been raiding over a decade since 2004, many stealth missions, and most missions with the focus of refounding Nazi / fascists regions. Done hundreds of raids/refounds, including helping take down Nazi Europe and The Greater German Reich. Brought in lots of folks over the years who would have otherwise never raided.

Early year works (2006); http://themtarmy.webs.com/historicregionsmuseums.htm
2012-2017; http://themtarmy.webs.com/regionsmuseums.htm
Recent activities; https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=30666147
https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=27493601
(Note this is not a full record)
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 pm

The nomination period has been extended until this Friday, June 29th! Continue to think through those players who deserve to be enshrined into the Raiding Hall of Fame.
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Jakker wrote:I'd like to publicly nominate Reventus Koth (formally known as Ambroscus Koth). Two main reasons for this nomination include his involvement in the founding of the Osiris Fraternal Order, which was raider affiliated for some time. Additionally, Koth has played a significant role in bridging the gap between role-players and raiding. He has helped change the narrative of raiders amongst the roleplaying community through his efforts with The Brotherhood of Malice and The Black Hawks. This contribution has led to role-players becoming involved in raiding as well.

I second this. Koth is a quiet player who doesn't do a lot of shitposting, but his contribution to raiding has been significant.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Koth ... doesn't do a lot of shitposting

:eyebrow:
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Koth ... doesn't do a lot of shitposting

:eyebrow:

Here. Doesn't do a lot of shitposting here.

Also, how long until that new kid... what's his name, Gest, I think, Earns a nomination? Getting a small, new raider org to be discussed publicly is a thing to keep in mind. Maybe in a couple years he'll earn his way into the HoF
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Scardino
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:10 pm

It is my privilege to publicly nominate Domination6, one of the co-founders of the original incarnation of The Invaders, for whom I personally have the utmost respect.

In addition to his proficiency as a raider and commander, Domination6 was a leader and a diplomat in the raider community, often forming close relations with organizations that had disagreements with each other, serving as an unofficial proxy. In doing so, he resolved differences and soothed tempers, allowing organizations to move past or disregard the issues they had with one another for the sake of working together. As an ardent advocate of raider unity, Domination6 led from the front. In counter-intelligence, Domination6 was enormously influential in the raider community. He provided databases of known defenders and tipped off raider organizations to spies in their ranks, asking for nothing in return but mutual consideration. In a time where the word "raider" was an insult, Domination6's character drew respect from all factions, helping to improve the standing of raiders and erode the basis for the moral posturing of defenders.
Last edited by Scardino on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Drachen - god damnit scar
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Anerastreia - Scar so racist
Liliarchy - you evil evil man
Xoriet - You're adorable, Scar
Altino - Scar, I think I love you
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him.
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Biyah - so, I dearly love Scardino, he rocks my nuts
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

Drunken Conquerors
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Drunken Conquerors » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Scardino wrote:It is my privilege to publicly nominate Domination6, one of the co-founders of the original incarnation of The Invaders, for whom I personally have the utmost respect.

In addition to his proficiency as a raider and commander, Domination6 was a leader and a diplomat in the raider community, often forming close relations with organizations that had disagreements with each other, serving as an unofficial proxy. In doing so, he resolved differences and soothed tempers, allowing organizations to move past or disregard the issues they had with one another for the sake of working together. As an ardent advocate of raider unity, Domination6 led from the front. In counter-intelligence, Domination6 was enormously influential in the raider community. He provided databases of known defenders and tipped off raider organizations to spies in their ranks, asking for nothing in return but mutual consideration. In a time where the word "raider" was an insult, Domination6's character drew respect from all factions, helping to improve the standing of raiders and erode the basis for the moral posturing of defenders.

Seconded. On a personal note Domination6 was personally responsible for inducting me into raiding (for good or ill)! A more patient, intense, and thorough tutor one could not hope to have.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 am

Drunken Conquerors wrote:Domination6 was personally responsible for inducting me into raiding

Well, thank you for providing that excellent reason not to induct him into the Raiding Hall of Fame...
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Drunken Conquerors wrote:Domination6 was personally responsible for inducting me into raiding

Well, thank you for providing that excellent reason not to induct him into the Raiding Hall of Fame...

okay and if the situation was reverse and hypothetically; Koth was inducted into raiding by Gest, by your logic Koth would now have an excellent reason not to be inducted in RHoF. :eyebrow:
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 am

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Well, thank you for providing that excellent reason not to induct him into the Raiding Hall of Fame...

okay and if the situation was reverse and hypothetically; Koth was inducted into raiding by Gest, by your logic Koth would now have an excellent reason not to be inducted in RHoF. :eyebrow:

Consider two things:

1. That's the reverse of my reasoning, so... no?
2. You're overthinking what was actually just a snarky comment.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're overthinking what was actually just a snarky comment.

That's what Gameplay is for!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're overthinking what was actually just a snarky comment.

That's what Gameplay is for!

That and under-thinking non-snarky comments

Drunken Conquerors
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Drunken Conquerors » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:52 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Well jeez Cormac, a bit of a stinger there....

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:okay and if the situation was reverse and hypothetically; Koth was inducted into raiding by Gest, by your logic Koth would now have an excellent reason not to be inducted in RHoF. :eyebrow:

Consider two things:

1. That's the reverse of my reasoning, so... no?
2. You're overthinking what was actually just a snarky comment.

Ahh, good to see you haven’t lost your snarky-ness when you lost your honor and friends. ( burn returned) ;)

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

0/10

You tried to return with a burn, but your general lack of involvement with the NSGP and R/D community recently led to a lack of topical humor, so instead you resorted to an old and tired jab.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Scardino wrote:As an ardent advocate of raider unity, Domination6 led from the front.

lol throwback to when that was a thing
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Vetelo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetelo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Drunken Conquerors wrote:Seconded. On a personal note Domination6 was personally responsible for inducting me into raiding (for good or ill)! A more patient, intense, and thorough tutor one could not hope to have

Nice to see you posting haha. I'd nominate you my friend, but somehow I don't think that'd go very well :roll:
USSD Founder
USSF Fleet Admiral
Coalition of Sovereign Nations Citizen
Travelling Region Member
Former Positions

Attero of Vetelo

The joy, let me burn,
in the kingdom of flesh!

Hello, I'm Attero! That's my preferred name.

AKA Atte, Atty, Pracinha, Mjolltrux, Tombouctu, Vetelo, or just Vet.

Supreme Commissar, Governor, and Fleet Admiral of USSD, General Secretary of LSU,

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Vetelo wrote:Nice to see you posting haha. I'd nominate you my friend, but somehow I don't think that'd go very well :roll:

Well, yeah, nominees should kind of, you know, be good at raiding...
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:03 pm

I had meant to make fancy long paragraphs on nominations, but I'm fairly lazy and this is the last day for them (plus all of mine were already nominated):

Jakker: I mean, need I say much more than the fact that he's been repeatedly nominated in previous years, and is probably only not in it since he himself declined consideration? Anyways, just off my spotty knowledge, he's served as a head of TBH (and General) for I don't know how many years, sports a fancy Condemnation, successfully infiltrated Osiris for a decent while, and has generally been one of THE raiders people know. Additionally, in terms of long-term impact outside of GP, there's the fact that he was a person (possibly the person) in charge of this here hall of fame, along with presumably being involved in the creation of RaiderCon (note, not quite sure myself).

Koth: Frankly, don't have much to say that Jakker didn't, aside from seconding all of it.

EWS Like BT said, Souls is essentially one of the faces of raiding today, much as how I characterized Jakker as one of THE raiders people know. Further of course is his general leadership in TBH & beyond, to the point that people have genuinely thought he ran the whole show. Despite lacking a condemnation (a travesty if I do say so myself) as general easy proof, Souls is very much the epitome of a raider worthy of inclusion in this hall.

Like Vapid, I will note that the latter two being related to me is complete coincidence

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Class of 2018

Postby Jakker » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you to the judges for all of their efforts in selecting this year's class. Below are the newest members of the Raiding Hall of Fame. Congrats to all on this incredible honor.

Ditzie Freaks: She was a member of Lone Wolves United (joining in 2005) and served to build the organization into what it is still known for today. While she often was under the radar, her skills in training new players and developing raiding abilities ensured that her influence would be felt for years. Ditzie also participated in the first all girl raid of East Asian Dominion in April of 2006.

Domination6: One of the co-founders of the original incarnation of The Invaders, Domination6 was a leader and a diplomat in the raider community. He was able to form close relations with other raiding organizations, playing an instrumental role in maintaining unity and continued collaboration amongst raiders. He also was a force in counter-intelligence providing databases of known defenders and knowing when spies were around. In a time where the word "raider" was an insult, Domination6's character drew respect from all factions, helping to improve the standing of raiders and erode the basis for the moral posturing of defenders.

Jakker: Joining The Black Hawks at a time when nearly all of the influential, older raiders had diminished activity or left the game entirely, Jakker served as the perfect combination of old and new raid tactics. He rose to fame by challenging Unibot in the 2012 thread, "Jakker vs. Unibot." He led countless large-scale raids that has largely not been seen since. He was a pioneer in his effectiveness in hitting large regions as well as leading the charge of toppling nearly all of the longest delegacy streaks in NationStates. He was the first player to be condemned solely for raiding. He began RaiderCon, an annual convention that celebrates the past, present, and future of raiding, as well as founding this very Raiding Hall of Fame.
Last edited by Jakker on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Congratulations to the new members of the Hall of Fame. Your legacy inspires us all.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Scardino
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm happy to have known and worked alongside each of these individuals. While they may not be here with us today, their legacies certainly live on. It is good to see them receive the recognition they deserve.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Drachen - god damnit scar
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Anerastreia - Scar so racist
Liliarchy - you evil evil man
Xoriet - You're adorable, Scar
Altino - Scar, I think I love you
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him.
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Biyah - so, I dearly love Scardino, he rocks my nuts
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay