NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Introducting the Class of 2020!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Notorious Mad Jack
Diplomat
 
Posts: 535
Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:22 am

Saint Block wrote:Hold up, Koth has no business being in the raiding hall of game, let alone a nominee. What are you guys smoking, crack?

Who even are you?
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

User avatar
Fedele
Attaché
 
Posts: 70
Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Was Killerkatz the one who kept threatening people she didn't like with her dad the FBI agent?


I'm pretty sure that's right

User avatar
Saint Block
Envoy
 
Posts: 229
Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 pm

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:
Saint Block wrote:Hold up, Koth has no business being in the raiding hall of game, let alone a nominee. What are you guys smoking, crack?

Who even are you?


Someone who knows raiding, and Koth a lot better than you lot.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:04 pm

What's up Gameplay? Other than the end of the world, that is. I'll tell you what's up: Hall of Fame season is back for the new year! Each year, we delve back into the deepest pits of NationStates history to venerate the raiders who changed the game for all of those that came after them. This will be my second year serving as your host, and having learned a fair bit from last year I figure there's no sense in fixing what ain't broken. This class will be inducted in much the same way as in 2019, albeit with a completely different set of judges.

All previous inductees into the Hall can be found in the first post of this thread, so if you haven't perused it before or just want a refresher on the caliber of player that ends up in our hallowed halls, please take a look before nominating! I'm excited to see who will come up this year, as last year we had 30 nominations to narrow down.

Guidelines for Inducting the Raiding Hall of Fame Class of 2020


Public nominations will be open now until June 30th. Any player can nominate someone for the Hall of Fame. Nominees should be gameplayers who have positively contributed to raiding over a significant period of time. To nominate, please post the nominee in this thread along with a statement describing why the player deserves to be inducted. The more information provided, the better. The judges love a well-sourced nomination.

After June 30th, the judges will come together to vote to induct up to five (5) players to this year's class. Judges will also be able to nominate players on their own. We hope to announce the inductees at the conclusion of RaiderCon.

2020 Judges:
Twobagger
A Bloodred Moon
Crushing Our Enemies
Xoriet
Onderkelkia

Any questions regarding the nomination process can be directed here on the thread or to Reventus Koth directly, Discord preferred. This thread can also be used to discuss and +1 potential nominees and their contributions. The judges value as much information and insight as possible. We want to recognize as many deserving players as possible. The public nomination period is officially open, so start discussing!
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 55843
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 am

I nominate Sedgistan, for having successfully invaded the Moderator team again :)
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
Blaat - all fluff, all action
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
The Marsupial
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 17, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby The Marsupial » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 am

I nominate New Agraces.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:44 am

I must repeat: To nominate, please post the nominee in this thread along with a statement describing why the player deserves to be inducted. The more information provided, the better. The judges love a well-sourced nomination.

Please don't just post a name, especially a name that isn't immediately recognizable, if you want the judges to actually care about the nomination. If you can't justify to us why your candidate is one of the all-time greats, why should the judges consider them as such?
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4929
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:31 am

Aurum Rider/Atagait - One of TBR's fastest switchers ever, contributing to thousands of hits and helping break the update record in TBR's Operation Cancer Slayer on July 31st, 2014 (before TBR started to use Predator.exe). Went on to create 20XX, a highly efficient and importantly legal raiding tool that ended up helping raiding survive after the Predator punishments came. Still one of the fastest in Gameplay.

Vandoosa - A highly influential figure in the raiding community. He's the biggest reason raiding culture went from hostile to anime in 2014, to openly enjoying anime in the present day. Vandoosa got one of the largest anime regions, if not the largest anime region at the time, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, to take an interest in raiding. This also made raiding more appealing to roleplayers, something it has always struggled with. Vandoosa's personality is a bonus too, as raiders don't have to put up with a bad attitude just because of the doors he opens. Vandoosa's never-say-die attitude, positivity, and quirkiness make him a larger-than-life character.

Venico - Come on, how's he not in it already? Part of the trinity that founded the Osiris Fraternal Order via coup. Member of the Brotherhood of Malice. Master in the art of the manual trigger. I know this blurb needs to be detailed, but it's self-evident that Venico belongs in this Hall.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 28634
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:I nominate Sedgistan, for having successfully invaded the Moderator team again :)

On a serious note, I would like to nominate Mallorea and Riva. To the best of my limited knowledge, it's a while since he's been a leading figure, but he played a significant role in some of the big invasion / coup related events of the first half of the last decade (as recounted in his Condemnation).

More than that, he's unashamedly played the role of the "bad guy", which modern invaders have often distanced themselves from, and he's done it effectively. Invading/defending is very different from when I used to participate - it used to be that neither side communicated much with each other, defenders were "moralists" and invaders revelled in their role as bad guys - nowadays a lot of that is lost but with the flipside that people (mostly) get on OOC. Mall's someone who's successfully struck a balance of getting on with the other side whilst playing his role to its full, and he's also always been an effective propagandist.

Mall also served as a mod for 5 1/2 years; the first invader to do so, perhaps giving invading a perception of legitimacy it didn't quite feel it had before, and contributing to understanding of it behind the scenes. He also paved the way for Jakker to follow, and hopefully others in the future.

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:24 am

Just to add to what Sedge said about Mall, he also helped raiders get a better understanding of how influence works. While he was not the main one or directly involved in solving this, he was in the right circles to get the information. Mall was always an opportunist and knew how to maximize moments/get involved at the right time. While I think in some ways that has inflated his raiding legacy a bit, it also is a skill and he still accomplished a solid amount if you combine the raiding, SC/GA stuff, TSP coup, and moderation. I'm unsure if he had any effect in bridging a gap between raiding and GA/SC, but something for the judges to consider and explore.
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Bormiar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 942
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Regarding Sedge’s post, I believe Myrth was an invader with the Atlantic Alliance. It’s probably better to say “raider”, as they probably didn’t use that term (at least according to Westwind at NSGE).

Regarding what Jakker said, I highly doubt that Mall bridged the gap between raiding and the WA. How could he have? The SC remains predominately defender and there doesn’t seem to be any record of him approval raiding— not that that would’ve lasted anyways.
Authored 4 SCRs | Issue Author | The Rejected Realms' Current World Assembly Officer | Defeated Security Council Proposals | Founder of Chameleon

User avatar
Belschaft
Minister
 
Posts: 2392
Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 pm

I can add from personal experience that Mall had the unique ability to be good company whilst he was couping your region; it's one thing to have a laugh about it together a couple months after the fact, being able to do it during update is something else entirely.

Mall was just a generally chill and affable guy, who never took NS or himself too seriously and was always good for a laugh. He was also 100% reliable outside of GP - I'd never have trusted him with the password to my nation when I was Delegate, but I certainly trusted him with my personal life.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

User avatar
North East Somerset
Diplomat
 
Posts: 712
Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:58 pm

Nominate Ever-Wandering Souls - who has played an integral role in modern TBH especially from 2015-19, helping to propagate a high level of professionalism in that organisation, compared to many others. Held the rank of General there. A worthy candidate in my opinion.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NES: Beast of Balder

King of Balder
Lord High Steward in The LKE
Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 28634
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Bormiar wrote:Regarding Sedge’s post, I believe Myrth was an invader with the Atlantic Alliance. It’s probably better to say “raider”, as they probably didn’t use that term (at least according to Westwind at NSGE).

Myrth doesn't count. CG was an invader briefly when she started NS, but no-one would identify her as one, and likewise Myrth would be known for his involvement in the NPO. Plus he was a mod for barely a year back in the early days of the site. All that's irrelevant anyway. Mall was the first mod to be truly identified as an invader (or raider; the terms are interchangeable these days).

User avatar
Aurum Raider
Envoy
 
Posts: 214
Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Aurum Raider » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:27 pm

North East Somerset wrote:Nominate Ever-Wandering Souls - who has played an integral role in modern TBH especially from 2015-19, helping to propagate a high level of professionalism in that organisation, compared to many others. Held the rank of General there. A worthy candidate in my opinion.

Expanding on this, Souls' accomplishments pre-TBH are nothing to scoff at either - he's been very active and effective since his days in TEK and Sicarius - I doubt it'd be an exaggeration to say he's been at the heart of raiding for a little over half a decade now.
Last edited by Aurum Raider on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atagait Vytherov-Denral, Supreme Doggo of An Incidentally Hazardous Area
Raider Purist | Your Region's Persona Inesistente

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:18 pm

This won't be helpful, but I feel like there are others in the imperialist and independent sphere that are worthy of mention. I will reflect on this further, but just wanted to throw it out there in case others had thoughts.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Aurum Raider
Envoy
 
Posts: 214
Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Aurum Raider » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Jakker wrote:This won't be helpful, but I feel like there are others in the imperialist and independent sphere that are worthy of mention. I will reflect on this further, but just wanted to throw it out there in case others had thoughts.

Christopher Bishop, who was the main military lead of the UIAF, could be a good place to start. I'm not too familiar with how the UIAF worked, or the full scope of what they did, so that may be something others could elaborate on.
Atagait Vytherov-Denral, Supreme Doggo of An Incidentally Hazardous Area
Raider Purist | Your Region's Persona Inesistente

User avatar
Iris and Metis
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: May 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Iris and Metis » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 am

I'd like to nominate HEM for being a storied and vocal champion of raiding for more than a decade. HEM has always been able to balance a strong anti-defender position and still act like a thoroughly decent human being who we have all liked, respected and worked with outside of r/d. More than that, HEM has often written and articulated arguments in favour of raiding (or in opposition to defending), providing an important perspective that might otherwise have been drowned out at certain points in history. I thought his POV was a load of rubbish, but that is beside the point ;)

Through Europeia, HEM has fused their raiding principles with region-building and an engaging political environment in a way that many raider regions have simply avoided or failed to achieve with any longevity. Their leadership of Europeia, and building a strong, large, pro-raiding region has done more than I think is appreciable for raiding in general, for reasons including prominence, longevity and avoidance of the 'villain' role that has cut short the life of other similarly sized regions - all of which are the result of HEM's leadership and philosophy as founder. ERN have often provided a crucial source of WA nations, for example Iran wouldn't have stayed recently occupied without them, as well as opportunities for nations to discover raiding even if that wasn't their initial interest in the game.

P.S. sorry this is Numero/D2N, wrong nation

P.P.S. don't make me come back and have to nominate Sev, Raionitu and Lili myself
Last edited by Iris and Metis on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
its Numero Capitan being too lazy to switch accounts

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 am

I'd like to nominate Todd McCloud.

He was active as a raider between 2007 and 2009 and the founder of Fox Rite, one of the raiding regions that was fairly active at that time and were involved in several raids including Feudal Japan, Hethrum, and San Francisco Bay Area. Todd retired from raiding and moved to TEP. Through that transition, I think he helped serve as an example that someone who was previously involved in raiding could be trusted in a GCR (and even to lead it).

Todd has always been an advocate for raiding in some capacity whether through his argument for R/D being a major part of the game (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34201) or how IC chaos keeps regions active which raiding can help with (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/2012_ns ... -t188.html) I think Todd did have an impact to help shift the narrative that raiders are bad people who only care about destruction. Through that, it was not just about looking past or disregarding his raiding history, but rather it seems acknowledging it and still recognizing that a raider is more. This can also be seen in his commendation proposal which included his involvement in raiding.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 288
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 am

Iris and Metis wrote:I'd like to nominate HEM for being a storied and vocal champion of raiding for more than a decade. HEM has always been able to balance a strong anti-defender position and still act like a thoroughly decent human being who we have all liked, respected and worked with outside of r/d. More than that, HEM has often written and articulated arguments in favour of raiding (or in opposition to defending), providing an important perspective that might otherwise have been drowned out at certain points in history. I thought his POV was a load of rubbish, but that is beside the point ;)

Through Europeia, HEM has fused their raiding principles with region-building and an engaging political environment in a way that many raider regions have simply avoided or failed to achieve with any longevity. Their leadership of Europeia, and building a strong, large, pro-raiding region has done more than I think is appreciable for raiding in general, for reasons including prominence, longevity and avoidance of the 'villain' role that has cut short the life of other similarly sized regions - all of which are the result of HEM's leadership and philosophy as founder. ERN have often provided a crucial source of WA nations, for example Iran wouldn't have stayed recently occupied without them, as well as opportunities for nations to discover raiding even if that wasn't their initial interest in the game.

P.S. sorry this is Numero/D2N, wrong nation

P.P.S. don't make me come back and have to nominate Sev, Raionitu and Lili myself


I don't know if I am worthy, but I am honored...I think.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 690
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Typo

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 am

Bruh-- you've been raider with an army for years and then say you're not worthy?? Lmao no you're a valid candidate.

also:

Good luck to all participants :)

I really hope we get more candidates step forward because I really respect this current batch of judging panel (especially my awesome friends Xoriet Twobagger and bloodred moon, and those other two judges I don't really know them but can respect) and can see a lot of new insightful and fun discussions to be made ^_^

Also last thing I want to add, is a reminder as a fellow NS player, that this is just a game contest so don't take it too seriously nor feel bad if you lose! Good luck to all candidates!
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 55843
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:06 am

Queen Yuno wrote:Bruh-- you've been raider with an army for years and then say you're not worthy?? Lmao no you're a valid candidate.

also:

Good luck to all participants :)

I really hope we get more candidates step forward because I really respect this current batch of judging panel (especially my awesome friends Xoriet Twobagger and bloodred moon, and those other two judges I don't really know them but can respect) and can see a lot of new insightful and fun discussions to be made ^_^

Also last thing I want to add, is a reminder as a fellow NS player, that this is just a game contest so don't take it too seriously nor feel bad if you lose! Good luck to all candidates!


For your 666th post, this is awfully sweet :p
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
Blaat - all fluff, all action
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 690
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:Bruh-- you've been raider with an army for years and then say you're not worthy?? Lmao no you're a valid candidate.

also:

Good luck to all participants :)

I really hope we get more candidates step forward because I really respect this current batch of judging panel (especially my awesome friends Xoriet Twobagger and bloodred moon, and those other two judges I don't really know them but can respect) and can see a lot of new insightful and fun discussions to be made ^_^

Also last thing I want to add, is a reminder as a fellow NS player, that this is just a game contest so don't take it too seriously nor feel bad if you lose! Good luck to all candidates!


For your 666th post, this is awfully sweet :p
Yikes I hope I didn't jinx it as a result of being my 666th post O_O *quickly posts this again to make it 667* sh*t, would that even help XD
But good catch @Blaat
it's just a good event that's been done for a long time, and would be nice if NS has more worldwide events during these times :)
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1410
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 am

Sedgistan wrote:defenders were "moralists"

Wasn't there really only one "moralist" defender?

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 28634
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:14 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:defenders were "moralists"

Wasn't there really only one "moralist" defender?

Defending didn't start with Unibot. He might also tell you he got some of his defender moralising from myself. We're a bit off-topic now - I'll happily continue this in Neutral Ground.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: One Small Island, Sail Nation

Advertisement

Remove ads