NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Nominations for 2022 Class OPEN!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Nominations are now closed. Inductees will be announced at the end of RaiderCon.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Please get a different forum for next year. It won't even let me use my own account on the board anymore because it conflicts with another account that I can't even log into(???), and the index is more ads than forum listings.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Pretty sure you're in the wrong thread Klaus, HoF doesn't have a forum to my knowledge :p

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:54 pm

I couldn't see the actual raidercon thread. I'm going to blame that on Tapatalk, too, out of general convenience.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:29 am

Princess Yuno wrote:cool, nevermind about EW
Lord Dominator wrote:Erm, you can nominate Syg if you want (EW is already in the HoF though)

Is Sygian even still around?
alright for his nomination (I don't remember squat)
He was:
-HYDRA General
-Council of Hawks
-Auralian Knight Commander
-Led large scale raids (with 10+ orgs/regions in them)

Don't forget that Sygian and I, raided TEP and forced a delegate transition from Hobbes to Aelitia, only by ourselves and the unknowing WA masses. Shame Aelitia didn't coup, but at least he got to finish his "original term" :P
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Zen Karma
Civilian

Founded: Jun 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zen Karma » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 am

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Princess Yuno wrote:cool, nevermind about EW

Is Sygian even still around?
alright for his nomination (I don't remember squat)
He was:
-HYDRA General
-Council of Hawks
-Auralian Knight Commander
-Led large scale raids (with 10+ orgs/regions in them)

Don't forget that Sygian and I, raided TEP and forced a delegate transition from Hobbes to Aelitia, only by ourselves and the unknowing WA masses. Shame Aelitia didn't coup, but at least he got to finish his "original term" :P

I forgot about that, what a fun night!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:59 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Please get a different forum for next year. It won't even let me use my own account on the board anymore because it conflicts with another account that I can't even log into(???), and the index is more ads than forum listings.

Tapatalk is not great, but it's easier to use for 4-6 days than it is to make a new forum that's functional, especially having missed the window to scrape all the old stuff off the Raidercon one while focusing on saving other forums. We've been attempting to focus more on discord than the forums this year too, since everyone asked prefers that.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Please get a different forum for next year. It won't even let me use my own account on the board anymore because it conflicts with another account that I can't even log into(???), and the index is more ads than forum listings.

Tapatalk is not great, but it's easier to use for 4-6 days than it is to make a new forum that's functional, especially having missed the window to scrape all the old stuff off the Raidercon one while focusing on saving other forums. We've been attempting to focus more on discord than the forums this year too, since everyone asked prefers that.

Interesting thought, but can we not just post the interviews on the thread instead, and skip the forum entirely (for next year of course)?

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

Interesting thought, but can we not just post the interviews on the thread instead, and skip the forum entirely (for next year of course)?

The idea is that the forum is a lot easier to go back and look at several years later, instead of digging for posts in a thread. Could post on both though
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Interesting thought, but can we not just post the interviews on the thread instead, and skip the forum entirely (for next year of course)?

The idea is that the forum is a lot easier to go back and look at several years later, instead of digging for posts in a thread. Could post on both though

For the interviews, yeah. I honestly think the commentary parts would get more interaction over here on GP where everyone already has an account (not clear on Discord involvment).

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Raionitu wrote:The idea is that the forum is a lot easier to go back and look at several years later, instead of digging for posts in a thread. Could post on both though

For the interviews, yeah. I honestly think the commentary parts would get more interaction over here on GP where everyone already has an account (not clear on Discord involvment).

Probably a conversation that makes more sense to have in the RaiderCon thread. :P
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 pm

Jakker wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:For the interviews, yeah. I honestly think the commentary parts would get more interaction over here on GP where everyone already has an account (not clear on Discord involvment).

Probably a conversation that makes more sense to have in the RaiderCon thread. :P

Tru

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Come one, come all, and grab a drink as we get ready to unveil this year's crop of inductees! Before I lay the results before you all tonight, I'd like to thank my judges that helped me make my first year curating this great hall such a pleasure. You guys really did your homework and deliberated hard on the many choices presented to us this year. I'm glad I got to be exposed to some awesome raiding history through all the research we conducted this year. So, a big round of applause to his year's judges! Except HEM.

As you all know, a maximum of only 5 raiders can be inducted into this esteemed hall every year. So this year's list of 30 nominees felt like a double-edged sword in a way: A daunting process of elimination for those most worthy, and a hopeful reminder of all the talent that may get their names in the hall one day. Friends and enemies of Gameplay, please join in the journey our judges have been on over the last few weeks through raiderdom's past and present as I introduce and raise a toast to the Raiding Hall of Fame Class of 2019!

1 Infinite Loop was the founder of The Farkers, one of the first organized raiding groups in NationStates. The raids of The Farkers were foundational in developing tactics of raiding as it exists today. Furthermore, their large-scale raid of The Heartland and antagonizing practices largely influenced the adversarial dynamic of raiding and defending.

Killerkatz a.k.a. Shell was the founder of Catlandatopia, an efficient and effective raiding organization that peaked from 2006-2009. Killerkatz led and coordinated several raids including Feudal Japan, Florida, Brotherhood, India, Hethrum, and North Pacific. She was also heavily involved in the invasions of San Francisco Bay Area, a noteworthy defender region, and Marxist Leninist Party. Killerkatz ensured that their region remained the bane of defenders' existence while in operation, and through her tenacity she was widely regarded as a top notch raider commander.

Reventus Koth co-founded The Brotherhood of Malice, a raiding organization that helped forge the identity of Osiris, a Game Created Region, as raider. Later in his career, Koth rose to a General within The Black Hawks and was instrumental in building connections between the raiding and role-playing communities. He spearheaded a push to make raiding more acceptable to unaffiliated nations and inspired notable roleplayers to join raiding organizations.

Free Noldor States played an integral role in two of the most well-known raiding organizations in history: DEN and The Black Hawks. He served as the DEN Field Marshal and helped transition the organization to modern raiding. He was also a General in The Black Hawks that helped to integrate new members. Noldor was an excellent advocate for raiding unity. Through his leadership and mentorship, newer raiders were able to carry older raiding practices forward.

Sorenity2 was a former General of The Black Hawks, and was one of only 3 players ever to hold the title of TBH Commander-in-Chief. He played a pivotal role alongside Red Back in refounding TBH. As The Black Hawks’ Minister of Foreign Affairs and Head of Special Operations, he was involved in countless intelligence operations including the infiltration of The North Pacific using the alias "Galapagos Isle,"where he rose to the position of Minister of Defense.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Yuno2
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuno2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:22 pm

congrats ppl n_n
(p.s i'm surprised- i thought you were in there already)

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:06 am

Congratulations to the inducted people! All well-deserved inductees.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:13 am

Congrats to the 5th class of the HoF! All awesome inductees :D
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Padfootia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Padfootia » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:24 am

Congrats on the inductees. All good choices :clap:

Look Away CIC | Lardy Army Private | Former Grey Warden

Custadia
Attaché

Founded: May 29, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Custadia » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:39 am

Congratulations, all.
AKA McChimp

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:30 am

Was Killerkatz the one who kept threatening people she didn't like with her dad the FBI agent?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:09 am

Congrats to all the people! Especially Koth, way surprised you weren't already on there >.>
Malphe Vytherov

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Just realized there's a Raiding Hall of Fame and an entire side of NS I've never seen before...
Fucking beautiful
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 pm

MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:Just realized there's a Raiding Hall of Fame and an entire side of NS I've never seen before...
Fucking beautiful

Great

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:40 am

Malphe wrote:Congrats to all the people! Especially Koth, way surprised you weren't already on there >.>

Who?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Hold up, Koth has no business being in the raiding hall of game, let alone a nominee. What are you guys smoking, crack?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Saint Block wrote:Hold up, Koth has no business being in the raiding hall of game, let alone a nominee. What are you guys smoking, crack?

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay