NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Nominations for 2022 Class OPEN!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:I do agree with you though that some of these nominations have not been nearly detailed enough, and my hope is that the judges will just not even consider nominations that don't meet the rule they made very clear, which is that nominations must include detailed reasons.

All nominations are considered (public as well as ones judges make among themselves) regardless of how detailed of an explanation was provided. It is just helpful to have reasons for the judges to review and gives the nominee more of an advantage in the consideration.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Jakker wrote:Any nomination must come with an detailed explanation or will be discounted. Make your voice be part of history.

2015 had better rules :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Jakker wrote:Any nomination must come with an detailed explanation or will be discounted. Make your voice be part of history.

2015 had better rules :p

The goal is to ensure the focus is on the nominee and not just on the nominator's efforts. #makeyourvoicebepartofhistory
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

McManniaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:52 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Should anyone from HYDRA be considered given its collapse, merge and possible reemergence?

1. Yes. Tom Vasentius's career does not consist solely of his work leading hydra though it's best and most productive period.

2. Remove the word possible from that sentence. Hydra is coming back.

3. I would also like to nominate EWS. I was going to do it but I didn't know enough to write a proposal I deemed adequate so I decided to leave it to someone who knows his career better than myself.
Founder of Hydra Command and a Malicious Wolfy Boi
Constant TV Streamer with an addiction to Horror, Gay Magic and Crack Cocaine

McMannia Times Six
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby McMannia Times Six » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:54 am

Just realized I probably should have posted that from my new main account.
Voted best looking skull for a face 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016
Skip to line five for a hidden secret
I dont know what to put here
No, this is patrick
Reread the first line in spanish
This puzzle is a lie

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 am

Jakker wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I do agree with you though that some of these nominations have not been nearly detailed enough, and my hope is that the judges will just not even consider nominations that don't meet the rule they made very clear, which is that nominations must include detailed reasons.

All nominations are considered (public as well as ones judges make among themselves) regardless of how detailed of an explanation was provided. It is just helpful to have reasons for the judges to review and gives the nominee more of an advantage in the consideration.

This is difficult to do, unfortunately. Many of the names I remember were before when many of the folks here (and in many cases, the judges) raided / defended. I've nominated Shell / Killerkatz for the past three years, yet I don't think they've received ample consideration, especially considering many individuals have spoken about this individual (Sedge included) during these nomination periods. How do I impress upon this body the gravity with which this person (and others, Verak's name has come up a few times, for instance) impacted raiding when many don't remember them, their archived NSwiki page was removed, and a lot of their records came from the old Jolt forums? I can write something about them and piecemeal some links, but I struggle with trying to share with everyone just how important they were, especially as raiding in general has changed over the years. I can speak about the great wars over Feudal Japan and SFBA, but is it really worthwhile to go there?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:24 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
Jakker wrote:

This is difficult to do, unfortunately. Many of the names I remember were before when many of the folks here (and in many cases, the judges) raided / defended. I've nominated Shell / Killerkatz for the past three years, yet I don't think they've received ample consideration, especially considering many individuals have spoken about this individual (Sedge included) during these nomination periods. How do I impress upon this body the gravity with which this person (and others, Verak's name has come up a few times, for instance) impacted raiding when many don't remember them, their archived NSwiki page was removed, and a lot of their records came from the old Jolt forums? I can write something about them and piecemeal some links, but I struggle with trying to share with everyone just how important they were, especially as raiding in general has changed over the years. I can speak about the great wars over Feudal Japan and SFBA, but is it really worthwhile to go there?

I recognize the difficulty and hear what you are saying, Todd. One goal of the Hall of Fame is to preserve raiding history and give a spotlight to players who deserve recognition even if others do not recognize them today. Through the Hall of Fame as well as RaiderCon (with the Raiding Museum and various programs), the hope is to share with future generations those who have impacted raiding and ensure that their memory is sustained beyond the players who directly witnessed the impact.

Since its inception, I have made a conscious effort to get judges who have the knowledge and experience to speak of the older players you are discussing. It is definitely a challenge to find players who not only have significant historical knowledge, but are active enough to be a judge and the ability to do so in an impartial manner. This year, other than me, the judges include four players who have each been around for over a decade and have actively engaged in R/D.

Not every deserving candidate will be inducted each year. I intentionally place a limit to maintain a level of balance between each class. With that said, all previous nominations are reviewed as well. For example, I nominated a player this year whose original nomination was made in 2015. Also, a player that is being nominated year after year deserves additional consideration as well.

My point is that I am trying to do as much as I can to give the history of raiding and the players. This is not an initiative I can properly do on my own and I cherish others including you, Todd, who have been part of helping to build the Hall of Fame, RaiderCon, and Raiding Museum.

It would be absolutely worthwhile to write about the great wars or anything else you feel deserves to be preserved and recognized. Please know that everyone's voice in these efforts are greatly valued. I'm sorry if that has not been properly communicated before and I will make sure to do a better job of that in future.
One Stop Rules Shop

PlageMage
Civilian

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby PlageMage » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 am

I'll be respectfully declining my nomination since i'll just be crowding up the pool of candidates, and i haven't done nearly as much as i plan/want to do in terms of raiding. Thanks to those who nominated me, though, and see you next year o/

EDIT: I'm Plagentine/Kleo, in case anyone was confused by the pup account.
Last edited by PlageMage on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Jakker, thank you for taking the time to thoughtfully reply to my difficulty. I do appreciate you and your crew in this endeavor. It's just difficult due to the discontinuity. Most of... I'd say from about 2009 onwards has a lot of trace-ability, especially if it happened 1-3 years ago. This is due to NSwiki getting back on-line, more news outlets springing up, and the fact that we don't use Jolt anymore, which are all good things. So a lot of what I'd write (and I will try to write a detailed explanation for my nomination) would likely be from my account alone, as most weren't around when all of this stuff went down. I think the period between around 2006-2010 is kind of a dark period - there's lots of documentation about the early days, and we all know the recent years, but that gap is kind of spotty. Like, it's difficult to explain why Gatesville was the most controversial UCR, how different the R&D game seems to be, the massive coup attempts in the feeders, etc. Nevertheless, I'll do some digging!

Brihimia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brihimia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Adytus wrote:I nominate Yuno.

I think she is doing a great job in the West Pacific, and the hundreds of other regions she raids for.

Seconded.
brihimia

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:28 pm

McManniaa wrote:2. Remove the word possible from that sentence. Hydra is coming back.

RemindMe! 6 months
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004

Postby North East Somerset » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Jakker, thank you for taking the time to thoughtfully reply to my difficulty. I do appreciate you and your crew in this endeavor. It's just difficult due to the discontinuity. Most of... I'd say from about 2009 onwards has a lot of trace-ability, especially if it happened 1-3 years ago. This is due to NSwiki getting back on-line, more news outlets springing up, and the fact that we don't use Jolt anymore, which are all good things. So a lot of what I'd write (and I will try to write a detailed explanation for my nomination) would likely be from my account alone, as most weren't around when all of this stuff went down. I think the period between around 2006-2010 is kind of a dark period - there's lots of documentation about the early days, and we all know the recent years, but that gap is kind of spotty. Like, it's difficult to explain why Gatesville was the most controversial UCR, how different the R&D game seems to be, the massive coup attempts in the feeders, etc. Nevertheless, I'll do some digging!

I've done some research on your nominees behalf, based on my access to GB&I and TNI forum records (both former allies of Catlandatopia), my personal recollections, and other public documentation - and passed my findings to the other Judges. I agree with you, Shell/Killerkatz was a significant player in the raiding sphere specifically in the period between 2006-2008, and I look forwards to her getting a fair consideration for inclusion this time. Whether she gets through will depend on the other options of course, but Sedge's glowing testimony about her contributions, are a big plus in my book.

To anyone else who is looking to put in a nominee - you have 6 days left - there is no barrier on how new or old they can be, but I will stick to what I said in 2015 when I was last a Judge;

NES, 2015 wrote:There is always a risk with these sort of distant retrospective judgments. Partly exacerbated by the fact that a lot of the Judges don't cover the entire era. They are therefore reliant on sources, often significantly biased ones, for information on the earlier era to mix with their first hand knowledge of the later era. Thus to some extent you are comparing apples and oranges. There is thus always a temptation to look at earlier eras through "rose-tinted glasses". Hopefully it will be balanced out, but I am not going to be considering anyone who pre-dates my involvement in R/D (2004).

Nostalgia is usually a sentimental affection for an earlier period in ones own past, rather than in the period before it, but yes, the same proviso's apply, we will have to try and avoid showing a bias to that in the Judgements.

As for grading it on the number of raids they've done - absolutely not. I'd rate a raider who played a pivotal strategical role above someone who was involved in 500 raids, or someone who organised and executed a dozen extremely important raids above 500 tag raids, or indeed the people who developed tag raiding above those who just did a lot of it. Raiding isn't about monotony or repetition, it's about developing strategies that are successful, thinking on your feet, organising people to work with you, etc.

I'll be looking for people who had an Impact and are Famous for it, not just workhorses, although obviously contribution by time committed won't detract from their chances.

The more information you can provide the better - particularly regarding listing any important raiding strategies they pioneered, major raids they were involved in, or influential raiding organisations or regional militaries that they have commanded or developed.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 pm

North East Somerset wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Jakker, thank you for taking the time to thoughtfully reply to my difficulty. I do appreciate you and your crew in this endeavor. It's just difficult due to the discontinuity. Most of... I'd say from about 2009 onwards has a lot of trace-ability, especially if it happened 1-3 years ago. This is due to NSwiki getting back on-line, more news outlets springing up, and the fact that we don't use Jolt anymore, which are all good things. So a lot of what I'd write (and I will try to write a detailed explanation for my nomination) would likely be from my account alone, as most weren't around when all of this stuff went down. I think the period between around 2006-2010 is kind of a dark period - there's lots of documentation about the early days, and we all know the recent years, but that gap is kind of spotty. Like, it's difficult to explain why Gatesville was the most controversial UCR, how different the R&D game seems to be, the massive coup attempts in the feeders, etc. Nevertheless, I'll do some digging!

I've done some research on your nominees behalf, based on my access to GB&I and TNI forum records (both former allies of Catlandatopia), my personal recollections, and other public documentation - and passed my findings to the other Judges. I agree with you, Shell/Killerkatz was a significant player in the raiding sphere specifically in the period between 2006-2008, and I look forwards to her getting a fair consideration for inclusion this time. Whether she gets through will depend on the other options of course, but Sedge's glowing testimony about her contributions, are a big plus in my book.

I appreciate the consideration, NES, along with the announcement on how many days one has left to devise a nomination. I'm still looking for concrete evidence to back up my ascertations, but they're few and far between, not because of a lack of impact, but just because this is a particularly gray area in NS. During this time, the jolt forums were used extensively, NSwiki was used as a major documentation source, and offsite forums were aplenty. Unfortunately, the jolt forums are long gone, the Catlandatopia NSwiki page was subject to a major edit war, and Catlandatopia's forums have been sealed off from any sort of hints with respect to their actions. The *only* thing I've been able to find is the absolute cluster which was Feudal Japan and help Shell provided during the SFBA raid, along with a few other noteworthy raids performed alongside the likes of BoC, TBH, Marijuana Militia, Corporate Conservative, and a few others. I will continue to dig, however, and if anyone can provide any declassified intel on the subject, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to build a strong, evidence-backed case for this nomination, and any help will certainly be appreciated.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm also going to nominate Vippertooth33.

As the current leader of the MT Army, Vipp leads one of the oldest raiding organizations that can trace its history back continuously (that is, not through a later revival), having begun in 2003. That lengthy participation, beyond Vipp himself, includes other old timers such as Glugs, Crownguard, and Phuture Musick, who have stuck around because of Vipp's insistence and dedication.

While the MT Army's contributions to raiding are strictly within the antifascist side of the R/D game, Vippertooth's participation should not be overlooked by the judges. Vipp has led the MT Army in high-profile destructions of ancient Nazi regions, such as last year's demolition of The URAP as Nazi Jason, an eleven-year sleeper account (which has to be a record!). The destruction of The URAP led to the proto-CAIN raid on The NSIA, URAP's sister region which combined Nazi forces had tried and failed to defend. He has brought Mariner troops into the field against major Nazi and fascist regions such as the Greater German Reich and Union of the Fascist Nations. Finally, Vippertooth33 serves as the administrator for Antifa, controlling its founder account and serving as a capable ambassador of antifascism among the broader Gameplay community.

I can think of no antifascist raider more dedicated or more deserving of inclusion in the Hall of Fame than Vipp.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Caelapes wrote:I'm also going to nominate Vippertooth33.

As the current leader of the MT Army, Vipp leads one of the oldest raiding organizations that can trace its history back continuously (that is, not through a later revival), having begun in 2003. That lengthy participation, beyond Vipp himself, includes other old timers such as Glugs, Crownguard, and Phuture Musick, who have stuck around because of Vipp's insistence and dedication.

While the MT Army's contributions to raiding are strictly within the antifascist side of the R/D game, Vippertooth's participation should not be overlooked by the judges. Vipp has led the MT Army in high-profile destructions of ancient Nazi regions, such as last year's demolition of The URAP as Nazi Jason, an eleven-year sleeper account (which has to be a record!). The destruction of The URAP led to the proto-CAIN raid on The NSIA, URAP's sister region which combined Nazi forces had tried and failed to defend. He has brought Mariner troops into the field against major Nazi and fascist regions such as the Greater German Reich and Union of the Fascist Nations. Finally, Vippertooth33 serves as the administrator for Antifa, controlling its founder account and serving as a capable ambassador of antifascism among the broader Gameplay community.

I can think of no antifascist raider more dedicated or more deserving of inclusion in the Hall of Fame than Vipp.

I second Vippertooth. I don't know em personally but I've worked with him through almost every, if not all important antifa ops before, he's very dedicated to the destruction of important/fascist regions. And he acts professional. Pretty impressive nation ^_^
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:

I appreciate the consideration, NES, along with the announcement on how many days one has left to devise a nomination. I'm still looking for concrete evidence to back up my ascertations, but they're few and far between, not because of a lack of impact, but just because this is a particularly gray area in NS. During this time, the jolt forums were used extensively, NSwiki was used as a major documentation source, and offsite forums were aplenty. Unfortunately, the jolt forums are long gone, the Catlandatopia NSwiki page was subject to a major edit war, and Catlandatopia's forums have been sealed off from any sort of hints with respect to their actions. The *only* thing I've been able to find is the absolute cluster which was Feudal Japan and help Shell provided during the SFBA raid, along with a few other noteworthy raids performed alongside the likes of BoC, TBH, Marijuana Militia, Corporate Conservative, and a few others. I will continue to dig, however, and if anyone can provide any declassified intel on the subject, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to build a strong, evidence-backed case for this nomination, and any help will certainly be appreciated.

Any of that info would also be great to add to the Raiding Museum, which will be on the RaiderCon forum.
One Stop Rules Shop

Lamb Stone
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamb Stone » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:And he acts professional.

But if acting professional was ever a considered criteria, Evil Wolf would have never been inducted. :p

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am

Only 2 more days to post nominations! Judges will next be examining these nominations as well as any additional ones of their own. Make sure your voice is heard!
One Stop Rules Shop

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 pm

I nominate Cormac Stark

1) Christmas
2) Establishing the OFO
3) He is sexy
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 am

I was thinking of a few names to mention to the judges later, so I could properly compile information, but thought it would nice to throw them out in public as well.

Noldor (Free Noldor States):
He served as the FM of old DEN and a General in TBH.

Tramiar:
She was a General in TBH and was a master of manual recruitment and really helped to reinvent the social game for raiders. She was well-regarded by everyone regardless of where they stood.
One Stop Rules Shop

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:46 am

For Todd McCloud he was known for Foxrite, honestly past details I know are hazy and I don't really recall much of what Todd's told me himself aside from San Francisco Bay Area, which ended eventually into his transition out of raiding in favour of the GCRs.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

DJ Raid
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby DJ Raid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I nominate Cormac Stark

1) Christmas
2) Establishing the OFO
3) He is sexy

I would like to second this nomination. As the first two points are self explanatory, I'd like to elaborate on the third point. Cormac has an extremely attractive character, and a luscious beard that provides shade in the summer, and a warmth in the winter. He is a loyal man. An honest man. He is a gentleman.
The Sygian by day, sick spinnin' DJ by night.

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:12 pm

DJ Raid wrote:He is a loyal man. An honest man. He is a gentleman.

hahahahahahahhhhh
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Ikania wrote:
DJ Raid wrote:He is a loyal man. An honest man. He is a gentleman.

hahahahahahahhhhh

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Caelapes wrote:I'm also going to nominate Vippertooth33.

I third the snek.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay