NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Nominations for 2022 Class OPEN!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Being disappointed isn't unclassy. Being badgering even after he answers multiple times in a day that he hasn't had the time is unclassy. I haven't seen him defend Gest. If he had, I would have argued with him.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Let me help you with that then. He defends Gest here:

Jakker wrote:I mean I don't really understand the rationale behind this repeal. This condemnation was in place years before predator was a thing, so this is completely about taking away the condemnation because of players saying that it would be a punishment for using it? Just seems more personal than anything else. I just find that kind of silly.

But you know what's really proves the silliness of this proposal? Condemn General Halcones is still very much alive and well. :P

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:19 pm

That's not a defense of Gest. Just says he thinks it's silly to bother with his Condemnation. I guess that's up to him. That doesn't mean he supports Gest's actions. For instance, I haven't cared about the condemnations ever. I think they're silly in general.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:21 pm

It looks very much like a defence of Gest to me. But we all see what we want to see I suppose. ;)

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm

:roll: there's a difference between agreeing with someones actions and thinking taking something unrelated away from them. But whatever you say.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 pm

You either agree Gest is a cheater and deserves nothing or you do not.

The overwhelming majority are the former. It is increasingly odd that Jakker is the latter.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 pm

You can think he's a cheater without feeling the need to make sure he has nothing. I mean, I think he's a cheater, and I couldn't care less about his Condemnation.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Which is in my opinion a very disappointing attitude.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm

That may be, but I don't care about condemnations. And the only time I would bother trying to take one from someone is if I just don't like them in general and wanted to be petty. Otherwise, it really isn't worth my time or energy. That said, I can't speak for Jakker. Can't say I have talked to him about this.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 pm

How I miss your old posts Bri! Should I send you Tim and Roavin's way? They've been up to no good lately.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 am

Zaolat wrote:How I miss your old posts Bri! Should I send you Tim and Roavin's way? They've been up to no good lately.

Yes
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Zaolat wrote:How I miss your old posts Bri! Should I send you Tim and Roavin's way? They've been up to no good lately.

What are you talking about? Tim is always up to no good. I don't know who Roavin is, so maybe? :P

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Could Sygian take this undertaking off your hands if you no longer have the time? This task could help prepare him to take on further tasks in your future absence. RaiderCon (and Raider HoF) will need to have hosts in the future, will it not?
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat May 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi TBH. I notice that there hasn't been a reply here concerning Gest, and that Gest is still listed in the opening post as part of the hall of fame. I would like to know why this is the case please.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat May 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Jakker wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:For judging purposes, I'm going to be assuming that this nomination will be judged by the four judges that aren't Jakker?

As I have done the previous two years, I'll be removing myself from consideration for induction due to my involvement. Vapid did provide an excellent example of a nomination and I appreciate the thought.

Consular wrote:I find it kind of interesting that Gest is still in your Hall of fame.

This has already begun being discussed by the judges. While I recognize that many may want a definitive response, It is a tricky situation that requires a lot of thought. Removal from the Hall is a very permanent action and so substantial due process is required.

Here is the reason. ^ Please read before asking questions. :P
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm not sure if you're messing with me or just not very bright. :unsure:

That post is quite literally a year old. I was rather hoping there had been some more thought on this since then.
Last edited by Consular on Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat May 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Consular wrote:Hi TBH. I notice that there hasn't been a reply here concerning Gest, and that Gest is still listed in the opening post as part of the hall of fame. I would like to know why this is the case please.

Thanks again for the accountability. Firstly, the Hall of Fame is not overseen by TBH. It is independently overseen by me. I have yet to begin the process of approaching previous judges and current members in regards to this. That is totally my bad. I had planned on doing this as I was also beginning to lead the planning of RaiderCon (which I am also behind on). Again, I recognize that I have made this more difficult by not dealing with it sooner. My goal is to have this handled and a definite answer by mid-June!
Last edited by Jakker on Sat May 19, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Jakker wrote:I have yet to begin the process of approaching previous judges and current members in regards to this.

Y'know, there are so many things I could say, but I just... I'm not sure what to go with, which is unusual for me. You've had so long and I mean -- we were accusing you of stalling a year ago, so at this point it's just ridiculous. Were you hoping this would go away? Did you forget about it? Is this just really not important or even relevant to you? Jakker pls

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Consular wrote:
Jakker wrote:I have yet to begin the process of approaching previous judges and current members in regards to this.

Y'know, there are so many things I could say, but I just... I'm not sure what to go with, which is unusual for me. You've had so long and I mean -- we were accusing you of stalling a year ago, so at this point it's just ridiculous. Were you hoping this would go away? Did you forget about it? Is this just really not important or even relevant to you? Jakker pls

You're welcome to think what you want about it. It's not about stalling, but I get how it looks like that. I simply haven't put the time and energy to initiate the process as of yet and will do so as soon as I can.
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

United Bunbuns
Civil Servant

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United Bunbuns » Sat May 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Consular wrote:

Some people have lives outside NS.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 pm

United Bunbuns wrote:
Consular wrote:Y'know, there are so many things I could say, but I just... I'm not sure what to go with, which is unusual for me. You've had so long and I mean -- we were accusing you of stalling a year ago, so at this point it's just ridiculous. Were you hoping this would go away? Did you forget about it? Is this just really not important or even relevant to you? Jakker pls

Again, I understand the optics do not look good. Ultimately, not handling this sooner serves no benefit to me or the Hall of Fame. My mindset was to get this taken care of before things got going for the next class and that's what I will do.
One Stop Rules Shop

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 pm

United Bunbuns wrote:
Consular wrote:Y'know, there are so many things I could say, but I just... I'm not sure what to go with, which is unusual for me. You've had so long and I mean -- we were accusing you of stalling a year ago, so at this point it's just ridiculous. Were you hoping this would go away? Did you forget about it? Is this just really not important or even relevant to you? Jakker pls

All of us have lives outside NS. Such a silly thing to say honestly

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat May 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Consular wrote:
United Bunbuns wrote:

All of us have lives outside NS. Such a silly thing to say honestly

Point is that NS stuff will not get prioritized quite at the same level as other stuff. And sometimes other NS stuff has to take higher priority as well.
One Stop Rules Shop

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat May 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Forgive me my ignorance, and their have been problems with Gest obviously but...

Aren't some of the old den people who are on the hall of fame literally DoS? Shouldn't they have to be removed as well if we're moralising here?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Aren't some of the old den people who are on the hall of fame literally DoS? Shouldn't they have to be removed as well if we're moralising here?

Being DOS does not automatically disqualify a player from being considered. Not all DOSers are the same, especially when looking at raiders from the early days. Each case is situational and up to the judges at the time to decide a player's overall portfolio and their contributions to raiding.
One Stop Rules Shop

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay