NATION

PASSWORD

Augustin Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:59 pm

You had your own song contest, but didn't even make a raidervision submission of it? Shame!

(Congrats on the good numbers :) )
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 pm

I love these data driven updates so much more than other region's fluff driven ones.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 am

August wrote:Narnia:
1. After two months of halted development due to a certain founder getting a new job and having little time for NS, the region is emerging from hibernation and beginning to grow!
2. Residents can now apply for spaces on the map, created by August/The Great Lion.
3. The placement test created by Professor Digory Kirke (with input from The Great Lion) is complete. Residents are invited to take the test to see which faction they align with. This is a huge part of the region's unique system!
4. The Government dispatch has been filled out, and now describes how the region works in-character.
5. New records for size (39), delegate endorsements (9), and endorsement placement (19th).

Upcoming

1. Narnian rebirth
2. Land's End economy
3. Several exciting projects, still under wraps!

I love the level of detail and also just so organized and keeping track of so many things! (How do you even do all of that?) Totes stealing some of those poll ideas >:)

Also SUPER HYPED about Narnia and like possible role plays.

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Escade wrote:I love the level of detail and also just so organized and keeping track of so many things! (How do you even do all of that?) Totes stealing some of those poll ideas >:)

Also SUPER HYPED about Narnia and like possible role plays.

Altmoras wrote:I love these data driven updates so much more than other region's fluff driven ones.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You had your own song contest, but didn't even make a raidervision submission of it? Shame!

(Congrats on the good numbers :) )
Thanks, guys!

Escade- each region has someone in charge of running polls, someone who collects stats, etc. When it comes time to put all this together, we collect the information from each person and throw it in this aggregated format.

Souls- I, um... have no great excuse for this. I was preoccupied, and our song contest was driven by Akaroa, one of the fine residents of the Cape (our RP region). It was a roleplay event, though, in the style of EuroVision, with countries making submissions. Very few were original compositions. Next year, I will push more people to participate in RaiderVision!

While I am here, a quick note. I am pleased to announce that one week after the Monthly Update pegged our delegate endorsement count at 104, we smashed through our all-time record with 116 endorsements. Combined, that gives the AA more WA clout than all but the GCRs and four UCRs, all of which are significantly larger in population. This is despite many of our best WAs being deployed nonstop with the JTF.

Onward to the next record!
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Love the update and good luck on Narnia! :clap: :)
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 pm

An Intermission
AUTHOR: August
LAST UPDATED: Monday 081417, 1200 EDT

Last night, following a private discussion between Founder August and Administrator Helaw, the decision was made to close down the Augustin Alliance as an organization for an indefinite period. The news broke first in the AA Discord server, to responses of surprise and disappointment. Included in the statement were the Joint Task Force, which was disbanded immediately, and the server itself, which was archived and hidden except for its #general channel. Each of the five constituent regions are expected to continue their operations as normal, and no significant changes in government are anticipated at this time. The AA leadership expresses its regret at the abruptness and negative impact of this event, but maintains that it is ultimately in the best interests of all those involved.

The above is the final official statement of the organization. The following are my personal remarks.

First of all, I wrote a few versions of this announcement. It has been difficult to express everything in a way that is concise, professional, and complete. I hope this clears up any remaining confusion people may have.

The general idea is that ever since the first region was founded in January of last year, I have been doing the vast majority of the work to keep everything running. Not all of it, mind you--over these nineteen months, we have had a couple fairly dedicated officials helping to move things along. However, those have been few and far between, and the effort required to maintain an organization of this size and complexity is immense. I keep my personal NS to-do list in Evernote, and it stretches off the page. It grows faster than I can check off the boxes. We have one of the largest update military organizations on the field, where I am the only active officer. We have one of the most active Discord servers in the game, with hundreds of users, and only a couple consistently active staff (including myself). We have contests, military operations, political transitions, and all manner of events that should go in news stories, and I am the only one who writes them. We have nearly fifty official dispatches to maintain, and I run almost all of them. We have huge projects to complete, some of which have not been announced yet, and I am the only one working on them. The list goes on and on, but I fear I am going overboard already.

Surprisingly, this is a sustainable state of affairs. I could continue like this if I had to, but should I?

I am a full-time engineer at a small firm. I also resume classes shortly--eight of them at a time. I have an additional part-time job during the school year. All the normal adult obligations of housing, food, bills, etc, are still present. Every day it becomes harder to justify the hours spent prodding and cajoling a group of melodramatic teenagers on the internet to contribute to the community they call home. As of last night, I no longer believe that task to be worth my limited time.

Now, the AA is in hibernation, not permanently dead, hence the use of "intermission" rather than "the end." That means no further updates will be made to this thread or my dispatches, the JTF will stop updating, the server has been archived, etc. Everything still exists and will be reused if/when the AA returns, but is completely off-limits until that time.

As for the regions, they still exist. Their governments still exist. Their residents are still present. This, right here, is the crux of the whole thing: the AA was never intended to be the most important of my creations. It was just a banner, an umbrella term for the five regions, which were supposed to be entirely self-sufficient and independent. A solid, strong community is not defined by its name, but by its people, and nothing I did should have affected that principle.

Today, the individual regions have a chance to prove themselves without me. They have everything they need and more: the structure, the knowledge, the community. This will be the greatest test ever faced by the regions of the Augustin Alliance... until they meet again.

If you have any questions about the decision or the AA itself, please ask. I will also consider declassifying AA documents, logs, or other internal matters on a case-by-case basis*.

*With justification. Military secrets are off the table. JTF opsec is still Fort Knox.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Hail Augustin Alliance! You've done a great job. Be proud man!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012

Postby Altmoras » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Best of luck to you August.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Founded: Feb 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Good luck! I'd like to thank you for making Narnia a possibility. Hopefully we and the other regions of the dormant alliance can work together to make great things.
Professor Digory Kirke
Citizen and Former Delegate of Narnia
Everything I say and do on this nation and in my capacity as a citizen of Narnia is done solely for the good of Narnia.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:35 pm

August wrote:

An Intermission
AUTHOR: August
LAST UPDATED: Monday 081417, 1200 EDT

Last night, following a private discussion between Founder August and Administrator Helaw, the decision was made to close down the Augustin Alliance as an organization for an indefinite period. The news broke first in the AA Discord server, to responses of surprise and disappointment. Included in the statement were the Joint Task Force, which was disbanded immediately, and the server itself, which was archived and hidden except for its #general channel. Each of the five constituent regions are expected to continue their operations as normal, and no significant changes in government are anticipated at this time. The AA leadership expresses its regret at the abruptness and negative impact of this event, but maintains that it is ultimately in the best interests of all those involved.

The above is the final official statement of the organization. The following are my personal remarks.

First of all, I wrote a few versions of this announcement. It has been difficult to express everything in a way that is concise, professional, and complete. I hope this clears up any remaining confusion people may have.

The general idea is that ever since the first region was founded in January of last year, I have been doing the vast majority of the work to keep everything running. Not all of it, mind you--over these nineteen months, we have had a couple fairly dedicated officials helping to move things along. However, those have been few and far between, and the effort required to maintain an organization of this size and complexity is immense. I keep my personal NS to-do list in Evernote, and it stretches off the page. It grows faster than I can check off the boxes. We have one of the largest update military organizations on the field, where I am the only active officer. We have one of the most active Discord servers in the game, with hundreds of users, and only a couple consistently active staff (including myself). We have contests, military operations, political transitions, and all manner of events that should go in news stories, and I am the only one who writes them. We have nearly fifty official dispatches to maintain, and I run almost all of them. We have huge projects to complete, some of which have not been announced yet, and I am the only one working on them. The list goes on and on, but I fear I am going overboard already.

Surprisingly, this is a sustainable state of affairs. I could continue like this if I had to, but should I?

I am a full-time engineer at a small firm. I also resume classes shortly--eight of them at a time. I have an additional part-time job during the school year. All the normal adult obligations of housing, food, bills, etc, are still present. Every day it becomes harder to justify the hours spent prodding and cajoling a group of melodramatic teenagers on the internet to contribute to the community they call home. As of last night, I no longer believe that task to be worth my limited time.

Now, the AA is in hibernation, not permanently dead, hence the use of "intermission" rather than "the end." That means no further updates will be made to this thread or my dispatches, the JTF will stop updating, the server has been archived, etc. Everything still exists and will be reused if/when the AA returns, but is completely off-limits until that time.

As for the regions, they still exist. Their governments still exist. Their residents are still present. This, right here, is the crux of the whole thing: the AA was never intended to be the most important of my creations. It was just a banner, an umbrella term for the five regions, which were supposed to be entirely self-sufficient and independent. A solid, strong community is not defined by its name, but by its people, and nothing I did should have affected that principle.

Today, the individual regions have a chance to prove themselves without me. They have everything they need and more: the structure, the knowledge, the community. This will be the greatest test ever faced by the regions of the Augustin Alliance... until they meet again.

If you have any questions about the decision or the AA itself, please ask. I will also consider declassifying AA documents, logs, or other internal matters on a case-by-case basis*.

*With justification. Military secrets are off the table. JTF opsec is still Fort Knox.
As an outside observer, I always marvelled at the Augustin Alliance and its five independent regions. The efficiency and professionalism always seemed to be present. The regions where and still are extremely active with large populations (with most being 100+). I always knew who was behind it.. I have a deep and great amount of respect for you August. Your leadership and creativity in being the mastermind behind the entire AA project is astonishing and I am sure that nothing quite like the AA will grace NationStates ever again. There will be plenty of copycats, but never a perfect copy. You have my respect in whatever you do next, August. o7
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:01 am

*Salutes*
See You Space Cowboy...

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 am

All the best, dude.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016

Postby Chingis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 am

Best of Luck to you August. The AA is truly one of the most impressive feats of recent NS, and the Nuclear War was absolutely marvelous. Thanks for everything :P
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:12 am

There is no OPSEC in NS

That's a shame to hear but completely understandable. I'm always impressed by your disgusting levels of efficiency.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:37 pm

It's been a pleasure getting to know you and the other JTF folks at update. Best of luck to you.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Bohseon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bohseon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:39 pm

*Salutes*
Hail Augustine Alliance!

(You know who to contact if you need a Sleeper Agent)
THE 3RD REPUBLIC OF BOHSEON
Nuclear Maniac, Seeker of Revenge

Mostly Benevolent Tyranny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mostly Benevolent Tyranny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Hail!
Marius Rahl
Fortitudine Vincimus!

Zaolat - Today at 7:15 PM
Drall turns everything he's involved in into an orgy.

Lands of Anarchy
Attaché

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lands of Anarchy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Bohseon wrote:*Salutes*
Hail Augustine Alliance!

(You know who to contact if you need a Sleeper Agent)

I thought that was my job!

Best of luck to you, August.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Hey, hope you are well.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 am

You're great, August. I'm sure your regions will be fine, and I hope to see the AA return at some point in the future.

Plagentine
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Plagentine » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 am

Well that's a shame. Hope to see you back soon o7

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

You did an amazing thing.

All the best to The Five, and may the AA return when the time is right.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Founded: Feb 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 am

Augustin Alliance Reopens
AUTHOR: Gibraltarica
LAST UPDATED: Saturday May 26, 2018, 1000 EDT

Nine months ago, the Augustin Alliance entered a period of trial: the organization would be closing for an indeterminate period of time. Our constituent regions were forced to forge their own path in the world, disunified. Our founder, August, plunged into a period of inactivity. However, silence is not death. There has been a great deal of backstage work in this period of dormancy, and we are excited to announce that the Augustin Alliance is open for business once again.

In days past, the constituent regions acted independently of each other. However, we have recognized the need for oversight of certain tasks within the Alliance. Therefore, a Central Strategic Committee will oversee the governments of each region. To be more specific as to how these changes will affect the Alliance:
  • The Alliance Discord server, found here, will return to being the primary hub for communication. Regional servers will be archived as read-only, and all activity will be redirected to the main server.
  • Conch Kingdom's, Ridgefield’s, and Cape of Good Hope’s governments have received overhauls in order to make them more efficient for the communities they possess.
  • The Joint Task Force has been revamped, with a new ranking system, dispatch, and policies. The JTF will retain its independent nature.
  • The Reference Library has been completed, providing aid to new nations around the world.
  • Alliance history, previously spread across individual regions’ dispatches, has now been expanded upon in a single dispatch.
  • A new set of Alliance-wide policies have been implemented.
  • The Discord server and its bot have been given significantly more capabilities.
  • Dawn, the first member region to not be founded originally by August, has been added to the folds of the Alliance. While originally founded by New Ex Patria, Dawn is an entirely different community from the one it was created to be. The region will have a foreign affairs focus, with a Greek theme. (All Praise Eos!)
The Augustin Alliance has been through dreary days, but the winter is over, and we have returned to become the first among regions.
Last edited by Digory Kirke on Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professor Digory Kirke
Citizen and Former Delegate of Narnia
Everything I say and do on this nation and in my capacity as a citizen of Narnia is done solely for the good of Narnia.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am

Congrats!! Viva la Augustin Alliance! :clap:
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)