NATION

PASSWORD

Augustin Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:32 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Consular wrote:After you announced your own victory it was kinda funny watching you get blown to hell :P

They still won however. Just in most radiation ever ;)

That was my thought too. lol
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Woo! What a night. Most fun I have had on NS in a while.

Yesterday, I was talking to United Massachusetts on Discord, and shared with him something about our plan for the event. An important part of creating good strategy is making sure you always win in some regard, no matter the outcome. We wanted to win the event, no doubt about it, and expected we would. It was not our only objective, though. Going in, we figured we had nothing left to prove, so we decided to change things up a little bit. To make things interesting, we refused all alliances and agreements and set out alone, knowing the risks but hoping to avoid another N-Day where all the top factions were linked by NAPs. It worked! We got flattened, sure, but that is hardly the end of the world. When the dust settled, we had set a record for radiation (by a huge margin), our Discord server had blown up, we got a shoutout on the News page, and we had a ton of fun. Some people just want to look at the loss (and given our show of over-the-top cockiness leading up the event, totally understandable), but I for one am quite satisfied with how it turned out.

If we could do it all over again, we would not change a thing.

Congratulations to UPPERCUT on the win and the record score! It was one heck of a fight, and you earned it!

(These are just my personal remarks, not the official statement.)
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 pm

You don't have anything left to prove, August. Thanks for making this one more interesting.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:32 am

August wrote:Woo! What a night. Most fun I have had on NS in a while.

Yesterday, I was talking to United Massachusetts on Discord, and shared with him something about our plan for the event. An important part of creating good strategy is making sure you always win in some regard, no matter the outcome. We wanted to win the event, no doubt about it, and expected we would. It was not our only objective, though. Going in, we figured we had nothing left to prove, so we decided to change things up a little bit. To make things interesting, we refused all alliances and agreements and set out alone, knowing the risks but hoping to avoid another N-Day where all the top factions were linked by NAPs. It worked! We got flattened, sure, but that is hardly the end of the world. When the dust settled, we had set a record for radiation (by a huge margin), our Discord server had blown up, we got a shoutout on the News page, and we had a ton of fun. Some people just want to look at the loss (and given our show of over-the-top cockiness leading up the event, totally understandable), but I for one am quite satisfied with how it turned out.

If we could do it all over again, we would not change a thing.

Congratulations to UPPERCUT on the win and the record score! It was one heck of a fight, and you earned it!

(These are just my personal remarks, not the official statement.)

There are not many UCRs which I can respect or deem a worthy foe. The AA however, is one of them, especially when it comes to N-Day.

There is no other superfaction like AA and AA was legitimately the only faction posing a real and significant threat to UPPERCUT. The worthy Rival. With the very well deserved mention on the News Feat.

We might have won the minigame August, but you definitely are the winner of (post-apocalyptic) hearts. No whine, no cry, no flame, only fight. There are countless people which are humiliating towards their opponents once their claimed victory, but there are only a few which face defeat with grace.

See you at our next battle of epic proportions.
~
Purgemaster General
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:42 am

Memes aside gg to AA. That was fun!

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Grater Tovakia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:09 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Memes aside gg to AA. That was fun!

Agreed, gg.
Never pet a burning dog

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 am

The cockiness seemed a little over the top at first, but I realize it was in a light-hearted spirit. I think August's post-event comments show that the AA is still a class act that deserves everyone's respect for a number of great accomplishments. Hoping to see a lot more interesting stuff from the AA!
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zukchiva
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zukchiva » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:11 pm

This will be the best first N-Day ever for me.

The memes were awesome but none were meant to make offense. The meme culture from this day will be awesome (though the memes were not made in meanspirited mannerisms.)

I doubt I could've felt the overwhelming emotions I felt yesterday elsewhere on NS!

AA did supremely well, overall this N-Day was beautiful.
My name is Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
I'm a goose! Give me your bells!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

DiRito-Opolis
Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

AA Monthly Update - September

Postby DiRito-Opolis » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm

This is the Alliance monthly report for September. Alliance reports are released at monthly intervals with brief statistics, stories, and updates about happenings in the six regions that constitute the Augustin Alliance.
StatisticCombinedCKDNGHLENARF
Population549 9%174 3%37 9%896%157 2%18 36%74 30%
WA Nations283 4%94 1%13 30%37 8%60 6%6 33%73 6%
Delegate Endos191 6%72 9%5 25%25 14%34 6%3 50%50 16%
Influence2048289 11%1273854 16%16872 58%218228 3%326717 2%8082 14%204536 1%

Discord Posts: 269857 22%
User Count: 491 20%

Central Strategic Committee

1. Defense Officer Tulov has been overseeing extremely successful WA cross-endorsement campaigns, as Ridgefield and Conch Kingdom both sit in the top five for the highest endorsement average.
2. Dispatches for each individual office are being made, with unique logos courtesy of Cultural Officer Betmet.
3. The Media Office is seeking to expand into new forms of journalism, such as podcasts and newspapers.

Polls

CK: “Should Recreational Marijuana be Legalized?”, “Should the Death Penalty be Legal?”, “Should Vaccination be Mandatory?”, “Should a Government Have Access to its Citizen’s Data?”, “Should Felons be Allowed to Vote?”, “Should Governments Provide a UBI?”, “Should Plastic Bottle be Banned?”, “Roleplay Time Period Change”, “Should the Government Monitor NGOs?”

DN: N/A

GH: “Best Kind of Tea”, “Who Will Win N-Day 3?”

LE: “Was the Agricultural Revolution a Good Thing?” “Is Football...”, “What’re your thoughts on the EU passing Article 11 and 13?”, “Should Music Class Be Compulsory?”, “What is Your Favorite Season?”

NA: N/A

RF: N/A

N-Day 3 Official Statement

The nuclear winter has come and gone, and now we can carry on once more and rejuvenate back to full health. N-Day3 was a test of fortitude and a battle of wills, and, unfortunately, the Alliance could not capture the triple crown.

We started off strong, sitting in 5th place for the first few hours and eventually stealing 1st. While we stockpiled our nukes and shields, we waited for the proper moment to strike. Some time passed and we went in for a massive strike on UPPERCUT, bringing their radiation to a total of about 10,000 when all was said and done.

Late in the night, we lost some firepower. Most of both Strike Group Alpha and Bravo signed off, leaving our numbers low and reliant on a select few. The faction commanders (Tulov, Vincent Drake and August), carried the faction until 4 A.M. EDT, at which time victory was almost certainly unattainable. We were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of UPPERCUT. Our shields were low and our nuke supply was far too short to cause any significant damage.

Eventually, we were obliterated. While losing is never fun for any faction, we did manage to pick up some victories here and there. The server population hit a peak of 500 members and we did gain some publicity, more so than most.

The loss was not in vain whatsoever. However, we congratulate UPPERCUT on their well-earned victory as the AA looks to next year, hungry for a third title.

September Interview

This is the monthly interview for September, which is a new series where the Media Office interviews a regional official. Below is a small Q&A with Augustin Alliance Personnel Officer and Conch Kingdom Prime Minister, Kurczak Mielony.

What would you say has been the most rewarding experience of your time in the Augustin Alliance?
Definitely working with August to make everything better, even if no one notices. It makes something more fun or more convenient so it's always worth the work put in.

In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about maintaining a region from an executive position?
The most difficult thing is keeping interest up and apathy down. If no one is interested you have no passion and if there is apathy you'll have a hard time getting key positions filled. Often times the two correlate as well, because with more interest more people get involved.

What is the best thing you have done so far as the Personnel Officer?
I've helped a few people set up API clients and begun nearly consistent recruitment in all the regions, and even set up a manual recruiting schedule for Conch Kingdom, with plans to expand this to other regions.

What have you enjoyed the most as a resident of Conch Kingdom specifically?
I love the community, for the most part. We're friendly and quick to greet new people, if they're noticed (which they usually are) as well answer any questions. The officials are residents too, and you can definitely see that by the way they all interact.

Do you have any personal plans going forward that you could share with us today?
I hope to become an Issue Author and perhaps a WA resolution author.
Last edited by DiRito-Opolis on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Augustin Alliance
AARFGHCKLENADNJTFReference

|| AA Administrator of the Augustin Alliance

Kurczak Mielony
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurczak Mielony » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 pm

I didn't expect you to copy what I said word for word. Excellent update though.
Current Prime Minister of Conch Kingdom!

My NationStates statistics currently (do/do not) reflect my real views.

Augustin Alliance Central Strategic Committee

|| AA Personnel Officer

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:55 am

Kurczak Mielony wrote:I didn't expect you to copy what I said word for word. Excellent update though.

DiRito-Opolis wrote:Do you have any personal plans going forward that you could share with us today?
I hope to become and Issue Author and perhaps a WA resolution author.

...no kidding
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

DiRito-Opolis
Secretary

AA Monthly Update - October

Postby DiRito-Opolis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm

This is the Alliance monthly report for October. Alliance reports are released at monthly intervals with brief statistics, stories, and updates about happenings in the six regions that constitute the Augustin Alliance.

StatisticCombinedCKDNGHLENARF
Population460 16%155 11%24 33%6922%125 20%14 22%73 1%
WA Nations243 14%89 5%9 31%29 22%46 23%3 50%67 8%
Delegate Endos179 7%74 3%3 40%19 24%37 9%1 67%45 10%
Influence2329402 14%1489240 17%11424 32%224871 3%328125 .4%7686 5%268056 31%

Discord Posts: 298082 10%
User Count: 487 1%

Central Strategic Committee

1. Defense Officer Tulov continues to amaze the international community as he has maintained RF and CK in the top five of the world for a few months now, with the other constituent regions well on the way.
2. Cultural Officer Betmet has added two unique games to the “Game Library.” Among these are Commission Zero, a game of crime-themed riddles, and Conflict 1960, which is a mini-game almost like Battleship.
3. The Media Office hopes to start a new journalism initiative with podcasts and newspapers.

Polls

CK: “Should a Government Allow Foreign Citizens and Foreign Companies to Own Land on its Territory?”, “Should the Government be Allowed to Censor the Internet?”, “Should Higher Education be Paid for by the Government?”, “What is the Ideal Form of Currency?”, “How Should Ministerial Positions be Decided?”, “Who is Responsible for Backing Cultural Centers?”, “Z-Day”

DN: N/A

GH: “What is your favorite Horror Series?”

LE: “What was your N-Day experience like?”, “Are you in the AA discord?”, “What is your opinion on Kavanaugh being confirmed?”, “Is America a republic or a democracy?”, “Is Hawaiian Pizza real pizza?”, “What is the best Jack Ryan movie/tv show?”, “Favorite Subject in School”, “What is the best type of pet?”

NA: N/A

RF: N/A

News
“The Right to Self-Defense” Passes Narrowly
On behalf of the entire Augustin Alliance, we would like to congratulate Q for passing GAR#448 “The Right to Self-Defense” which seeks to improve the civil rights of the member nations of the Assembly.

It passed with 9737 for-votes (55.9%) opposed to 7685 against-votes (44.1%). A key thing to take away is that there was an overwhelming individual nation support with 4000+ votes in favor, which played a major role in overcoming the larger delegates that voted against.

However, this resolution has faced its share of scrutiny and is in the process of facing a repeal proposed by Imperium Anglorum. The repeal can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=ga.

October Interview

I spoke with a veteran of the Augustin Alliance, a former delegate and an up and coming WA resolution author, Nueva Rico, aka Q. Below is a small Q&A.

As a veteran of the Alliance, what has been your best experience?
My favorite experience would have to be the founding of Ridgefield. I loved the community of CK and was honored to be picked by August to be one of the first residents. I feel like it’s still in its infantile stages but it’s growing into something remarkable.

What would you say is the most rewarding thing you have done or taken part in during your time here?
Watching the Meritocratic League idea flourish; I think it took RF in a direction that is distinct from other regions and allows for an endless amount of creativity.

You were once a mayor and high-ranking government member of Ridgefield. What was the most difficult part of leading a government?
Being a leader means making compromises, and sometimes when you put your heart into a project, you have to make a compromise that your heart isn’t in, but, looking back, it leads to a better, more whole community.

Having said that, you are also a cornerstone of Ridgefield and its successes. Do have any ideas for extra improvement for RF going forward?
I would like to see it grow to be the highest endorsement region in the world.

You have recently made quite a stir in the General Assembly with your “Right to Self-Defense” resolution and you also passed “Commend Helaw”. Do you have any upcoming plans for the WA that you can share with us today?
Ha. Maybe in the future, but I need more coffee, first.
Last edited by DiRito-Opolis on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Augustin Alliance

Augustus Rex
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Rex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Cool stuff, AA.
Formerly known as Gibraltarica

DiRito-Opolis
Secretary

Postby DiRito-Opolis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Augustus Rex wrote:Cool stuff, AA.

The AA sends its love right back.
Augustin Alliance

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Beautiful article! Especially the interview
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

DiRito-Opolis
Secretary

Postby DiRito-Opolis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:Beautiful article! Especially the interview

Thanks, Yuno! We’re thinking about continuing the interviews for the foreseeable future. Glad you like them.
Augustin Alliance

Nerany
Civilian

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nerany » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Yeah, the info and interviews are great.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Excited to see what you do with media! Also I love the linking of the polls, very organized and a great idea (both for publications and internal tracking of the regional polls that have been done already)!

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Good job, keep at it!

DiRito-Opolis
Secretary

Postby DiRito-Opolis » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 pm

It has come to the attention of the Central Strategic Committee that the Pacific has committed heinous acts of subversion and espionage over the course of several years, causing significant damage and turmoil in numerous game-created regions. Additionally, these acts were carried out with the full knowledge and participation of its government, the New Pacific Order, which has shown no remorse whatsoever and has, in fact, responded with threats and denial.

After much deliberation and investigation, the Joint Task Force commanders, the Defense Officer, the Media Officer, and the Founder have decided to enact sanctions i, iv and v, in accordance with our External Sanction* policies, upon The Pacific:
i. Cross-membership ban. No resident may hold citizenship or other membership in the sanctioned region.
iv. Offensive military action against the sanctioned region, its allies, and protectorates, and its own military operations.
v. Recruitment targeted at the sanctioned region.

*The Alliance has no means for declaring war. Sanctions are our rough equivalent.

We will not sit idly by simply because we are smaller in number. We are not intimidated by you or your imperialist dogma. You will soon be added to our collection, just as others have that dared to antagonize us.

As members of the Augustin Alliance, we do not make threats, we make promises. You will be shown no quarter and when push comes to shove we will stand right by our allies through thick and thin.

Bullies are not welcome. Liars are not welcome. Deceivers are not welcome. You are not welcome.

Furthermore, we consider that the New Pacific Order must be destroyed.

Signed,
The Superior Helghan Empire
Lt Director, JTF Diplomatic Division
Clis
Reserve Squadron Commander, JTF Active Division
DiRito-Opolis
Media Officer, Central Strategic Committee
Tulov
Defense Officer and Administrator, Central Strategic Committee
August
Founder, Augustin Alliance
Last edited by DiRito-Opolis on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Augustin Alliance

Alkasia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkasia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:09 pm

DiRito-Opolis wrote:Furthermore, we consider that the New Pacific Order must be destroyed.

I'm just glad you chose not to use the Latin form of that.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Democratic Socialist
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm

And another one!
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Excellent move from AA.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 pm

An expemplary response to NPO aggression, by an exemplary community. Bravo AA!
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:59 am

That seal is gorgeous! Seems like at least one of the replies to a big announcement with an Imki seal are about the graphics.
Announcement is good too.
Malphe Vytherov

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay