NATION

PASSWORD

Augustin Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 am

Glad to see you people are back :)

New Ex Patria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Fri May 25, 2018 9:10 am

It is going to be a real pleasure to work with the AA in this new era. I am very excited to serve in my position on the CSC, and work with the rest of the Committee.
The Rejected Realms ~ Soviet Democracy ~ Osiris

A.k.a Siege
Left/Right: -5.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.62

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 am

Congratulations on coming back! :)
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Last August when the AA shut down, there were a lot of doubts circulating. People from inside and outside the Alliance were questioning whether the regions could survive this--an effectively founderless state, without even the support of their sibling regions. Some wondered if it would be possible for me to revive it, or if was irreparably shattered. A select few, firmly ensconced in their armchairs and completely missing the point, even suggested that I have an election to determine my replacement instead of shutting down the organization. Despite all the progress we had made last year, confidence in the Alliance's ability to endure vanished overnight.

The Alliance, along with its constituent regions, is my baby. I have poured an enormous amount of energy into making it the greatest community in the world. I was nervous about cutting it loose before it was ready to walk on its own, but I knew it was necessary. Here we are, after all this time, and that community has survived. It has proved its resilience, and in some ways is stronger than ever before. In this second chapter, onlookers and residents alike can expect a standard of efficiency, quality, and professionalism from the Alliance that puts the previous iteration to shame. Bottom line? We are back, folks, and we are raising the bar.

(By the way, our renovated server is pretty nice, and incredibly active. Come check it out--three hundred fellow NSers cannot be wrong! Invite link here)
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri May 25, 2018 6:14 pm

The Five survived and the AA is back! :hug:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Congratulations! I've always enjoyed seeing AA dominate some things with team work and effort (like N day) and really like CK as well so glad to see this!
Last edited by Escade on Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tulov
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tulov » Sat May 26, 2018 9:22 pm

After all this time, it feels good to have the AA back!
All aboard the Augustin Express! Woo!

Kurczak Mielony
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurczak Mielony » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am

RiderSyl wrote:The Five survived and the AA is back! :hug:

Not only have The Five survived, we got a sixth!

Also, woo! The AA is back! (Yes, I realize this is extremely late.)
Current Prime Minister of Conch Kingdom!

My NationStates statistics currently (do/do not) reflect my real views.

Augustin Alliance Central Strategic Committee
AARFGHCKLENADNJTFReference

|| AA Personnel Officer

New Ex Patria
Attaché

New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 am

Kurczak Mielony wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:The Five survived and the AA is back! :hug:

Not only have The Five survived, we got a sixth!

Also, woo! The AA is back! (Yes, I realize this is extremely late.)

Kurc, get back in the box.

A.k.a Siege

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 pm

It has been a long time. Glad to see AA back :lol:
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Kurczak Mielony wrote:Not only have The Five survived, we got a sixth!

No comment
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Founded: Feb 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Nations of the Alliance, and allies:

One week has passed since our reopening, and everything is running smoothly. Well... nothing has caught fire yet, anyway. Despite our conflagration-free start, though, we have a problem: many of you have no idea what we are, or why your region, or ally, abruptly became a member last Friday! Here is your chance to find out.

Tomorrow evening, we will be holding a briefing no, scratch that... information session too dusty-sounding... a party! OK, a really informational party. More of a function, actually. See below for details.

Who: Everyone is invited! This includes non-residents.
What: Your friendly committee officials explain how the Augustin Alliance works and what they do, and answer all your questions. Then you can hang out in #casual and abuse the bot until it breaks.
When: Saturday June 2nd, 6PM EDT (tomorrow as of this writing).
Where: The Alliance main server, located here.
Why: Because we asked nicely? Also, we will never answer these questions again (I hope).

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Sincerely,
August
Founder, Augustin Alliance

Posted with permission from August.
Professor Digory Kirke
Citizen and Former Delegate of Narnia
Everything I say and do on this nation and in my capacity as a citizen of Narnia is done solely for the good of Narnia.

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 pm

This is the Alliance monthly report for May. Alliance reports are released at monthly intervals with brief statistics, stories, and updates about happenings in the six regions that constitute the Augustin Alliance.

StatisticCombinedCKDNGHLENARF
Population652177411951401980
WA Nations2807886159569
Delegate Endos1836333639042
Influence1638023854652119662098573932149366158968

Discord Posts: 35116
User Count: 350

Joint Task Force
1. More than a dozen applications in the first week of operation
2. Many experienced soldiers join JTF
3. Plans underway for first operation

Polls

CK: “Should the International Criminal Court investigate the US for war crimes?” “View on Cultural Appropriation?” ”Should religion be taught in schools?” ”Do you have upcoming exams? ”How caught up are you on recent global news? ”How do you pronounce the letter ‘Z’?”

DN:”What do you think of the new flag?”

GH: N/A

LE: ”What’s your favorite type of music?” ”Out Of Members In The Region Who Remembers When The Augustin Alliance Was First Around?” ”What Browser Do You Use?” ”Do you like or dislike the way the US is going?” “Does Your Nation Possess WMDs?” ”How many people have been here for one month or less?” ”Is NATO still relevant and needed?” ”Do you think the US could’ve won the Vietnam War?”

NA: N/A

RF: ”The Finale [Amendment Referendum]”

CSC Info Session Goes Smashingly
Yesterday, the Augustin Alliance’s CSC answered questions from various citizens and foreigners. We were able to get through every question asked. Among questions answered were:

Why was the first Augustin Alliance disbanded?
The AA was disbanded last year after a mutual agreement between myself and August backstage. We wanted to see if the regions would be able to maintain themselves without Founder leadership, but we also disbanded it as August (and to an extent, myself) felt a heavy psychological toll as a result of the constant administration / arbitration involvement in even small regional matters.

Does the Augustin Alliance plan to incorporate more regions? What is the procedure for incorporating regions?
Not for now, we do not. In the past, regions were incorporated due to either their cultural or population-based value. This means we will not be looking to incorporate regions at this time, but given extraordinary circumstances, that may change.

How do we plan to market the AA? Do we plan to have individual regions managing their own campaigns, or will something AA-wide run?
We plan to market the AA by recruiting new nations, raising publicity, and being the best place to be.

What is the main focus of AA? What are secondary goals you have?
The main focus of the AA is to produce a truly excellent set of regions that are safe and interesting places for people to live in. Secondary goals include: military success, a steadily functioning set of governments, and becoming strong enough to stand our own.

Why no forum?
In general, for the AA, we don't need it. Splitting up the activity into too many areas (RMB, forum, Discord, etc) is not desirable. Two is enough.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact a member of the CSC.
Professor Digory Kirke
Everything I say and do on this nation and in my capacity as a citizen of Narnia is done solely for the good of Narnia.

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Digory Kirke wrote:Discord Posts: 35116
User Count: 350
The server is really hitting my expectations so far. We saw this kind of growth and activity at a couple points last year (both N-Days), but never for two weeks straight.
Digory Kirke wrote:
Influence1638023
Particularly pleased about this part. I think if it were one region, the AA would be the 13th-14th most influential UCR in the world, or thereabouts. Our Defense Office is doing its job well.
Digory Kirke wrote:Yesterday, the Augustin Alliance’s CSC answered questions from various citizens and foreigners.
I think this went pretty well, too. If anyone missed it, the channel is being kept open for a while, so visitors can read the speeches from each CSC member and ask us questions about the AA, JTF or an individual region.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

New Ex Patria
Attaché

New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:14 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Kurczak Mielony wrote:Not only have The Five survived, we got a sixth!

No comment

Yes, the merge was illegal.
No, that does not mean Dawn under its former state will be restored, and that anyone is refusing to recognise the legitimacy of Dawn in the AA.

A.k.a Siege

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:23 pm

I did not think it was sufficient for a formal report, but the JTF was back in action this minor. We triggered/led five small liberations and supported a sixth, bringing several updaters to the field. Our success rate was 100%, which is satisfactory to me, considering it was the first operation since last August. (It may not be the innovative sort of work we are known for, but everyone needs training. Rest assured, the interesting ops are coming.)
|| AA Founder - Retired.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:40 pm

August wrote:I did not think it was sufficient for a formal report, but the JTF was back in action this minor. We triggered/led five small liberations and supported a sixth, bringing several updaters to the field. Our success rate was 100%, which is satisfactory to me, considering it was the first operation since last August. (It may not be the innovative sort of work we are known for, but everyone needs training. Rest assured, the interesting ops are coming.)

It's still pretty cool, you can't complain about a 100 percent success rate! I'm I'm psyched for the upcoming interesting operations.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:59 pm

This is the Alliance monthly report for June. Alliance reports are released at monthly intervals with brief statistics, stories, and updates about happenings in the six regions that constitute the Augustin Alliance.

StatisticCombinedCKDNGHLENARF
Population691 6%198 12%36 12%165 14%163 16%59 211%70 13%
WA Nations303 8%90 15%10 25%56 9%59 No Change15 200%63 9%
Delegate Endos183 No Change66 5%5 67%34 6%35 10%4 Undefined39 14%
Influence1774736 8%974953 15%10661 11%215886 3%380742 3%9547 2%182947 15%

Discord Posts: 98206 180%
User Count: 302 14%

Joint Task Force
1. JTF active in defending this past month
2. JTF happy to welcome Helghan to the position of Lt. Director of the Diplomatic Corps
3. JTF involved in 16 total updates (14 defensive, 2 raiding)

Polls

CK: “Where are you on the political spectrum?” “Do you think the two Koreas will reunify in the foreseeable future?” ”Should more countries adopt a two-party system or have a wide range of parties?” ”Should the Conch Code be legally amended to include a vote of no confidence?” ”Should the UN have more power over member states? ”Are you a globalist or a nationalist? Debate in the RMB!”

DN: N/A

GH: N/A

LE: ”What’s your favorite gaming console?” ”Would having a space force be a good idea?” “Do you use Celsius or Fahrenheit?” ”How many region members are on the AA discord?” ”What’s your opinion on the electoral college?” ”What’s your favorite kind of Rock?”

NA: N/A

RF: ”Statutory Code Referendum -- S.P.A.M. Amendment”

News
The Augustin Alliance Weekly Show
Earlier this week, Betmet announced the instigation of the Augustin Alliance Weekly Show, a new entertainment program for the Alliance which will include, among other things, games, debates, polls, and writing contests. If you are interested, we encourage you to join us on July 1 for its debut.

NSVerify launched
In an incredible feat of one-man coding, August spent many nights sleepless to bring about the successor to the manual assignment of roles to new discord server members. NSVerify allows users to log into their main nation to verify that they are who they claim to be, then checks to confirm their login time, and also tracks which roles to assign them based on region of residence. This system is still in its beta stages, but we are excited for the future of NSVerify and continued expansion of the incredibly useful AugustinAndroid!

Helaw Commended
This past month, the Security Council passed "Commend Helaw" 12783-2258. The resolution, authored by Nueva Rico and co-authored by Dirito-opolis, demonstrates that the AA admin's achievements, such as leading the charge during N-Day, leading two AA regions, and being a two-time WA author, are worthy of praise by the NS community as a whole. On behalf of the CSC, I would like to congratulate Helaw on his commendation, and success in his future here on NationStates.
Professor Digory Kirke

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Nice update, Vapid! :)
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Look at that sweet, superior bot supremacy in AA. Beautiful. Also, congrats, Helaw. :) So amp to see AA doing just as well this time around. Even if you're clearly not raiding enough. <.<
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Altinsane wrote:Look at that sweet, superior bot supremacy in AA. Beautiful. Also, congrats, Helaw. :) So amp to see AA doing just as well this time around. Even if you're clearly not raiding enough. <.<

We should set a quota of raids to fends for Indy orgs in order for them to be properly called Indy :lol:

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Omg, no. That completely destroys my entire idea of what an indie org does. Which is whatever the heck it feels like doing.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:33 am

Bot-powered automation in every part of the AA, from games to regional defense to news reports to recruiting, is the future of this organization. Thousands of lines of code down... a few thousand to go.

Lord Dominator wrote:We should set a quota of raids to fends...
Quality over quantity. I would say a large-scale occupation, such as the one we participated in a couple hours ago, balances out a few chase defenses, no? Yes, I know you were being facetious.
Altinsane wrote:...whatever the heck it feels like doing.
:hug:
|| AA Founder - Retired.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:37 am

It's nice to see other CGH members on a thread.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:09 am

August wrote:Bot-powered automation in every part of the AA, from games to regional defense to news reports to recruiting, is the future of this organization. Thousands of lines of code down... a few thousand to go.

August being an AI does explain his efficiency :o

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay