NATION

PASSWORD

Help Destroy My Nation

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Mugwop
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Help Destroy My Nation

Postby Mugwop » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm

These are my mation's trend stats:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mugwop/detail=trend
Civil Rights: 4
Economic Freedom: 0
Political Freedom: 0

I am trying to get Civil Rights to 0. It's been stuck on 4 for a while now, no matter what asinine and horrific ways I answer my issues. Is there a way to drop it? Did I hit some sort of limit? Is there anyone out there with all 0's trend?

Chun Nan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chun Nan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Civil Rights doesn't drop with just a couple of issues, you'll need to do a handful of issues to drop your civil rights to outlawed. And the issues primarily need to relate to civil rights , such as Ex: forcing parents to choose their child's names from a selected list by your government. (reference to real issue)

Forgetting what I said, issues you may have encountered. The options given to you probably don't effect civil rights :idea:
Last edited by Chun Nan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mugwop
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mugwop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Chun Nan wrote:Civil Rights doesn't drop with just a couple of issues, you'll need to do a handful of issues to drop your civil rights to outlawed. And the issues primarily need to relate to civil rights , such as Ex: forcing parents to choose their child's names from a selected list by your government. (reference to real issue)

Forgetting what I said, issues you may have encountered. The options given to you probably don't effect civil rights :idea:

Oh I understand that, that is how I slowly but surely, managed to drop my civil rights to 4, but it just doesn't seem to budge now. For at least 50 issues now, it's been stuck on 4. I'm starting to think that it's impossible to have all the trends be at 0. Some sort of coded limit?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 am

Mugwop wrote:
Chun Nan wrote:Civil Rights doesn't drop with just a couple of issues, you'll need to do a handful of issues to drop your civil rights to outlawed. And the issues primarily need to relate to civil rights , such as Ex: forcing parents to choose their child's names from a selected list by your government. (reference to real issue)

Oh I understand that, that is how I slowly but surely, managed to drop my civil rights to 4, but it just doesn't seem to budge now. For at least 50 issues now, it's been stuck on 4. I'm starting to think that it's impossible to have all the trends be at 0. Some sort of coded limit?

I created a new nation to test that theory, and got all three categories at 3 to start. Answered my starting issues, and dropped at least one of them to 2. So, no, there's no coded limit. Apparently you're just going to have to work for it.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Mugwop
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mugwop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:29 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Mugwop wrote:

I created a new nation to test that theory, and got all three categories at 3 to start. Answered my starting issues, and dropped at least one of them to 2. So, no, there's no coded limit. Apparently you're just going to have to work for it.

No I am aware that the limit for Civil Rights itself isn't 4. I too when started the nation, the civil rights was 3, but so were political freedoms and economy. I am thinking that there is some sort of limit on the average of all trends, and right now my political freedom and economy are both at 0. If that's true, the only way for me now to lower civil rights, is to increase either economy or political freedom, because I can never remember ever seeing a nation with all 0,0,0 trends.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 am

Mugwop wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

No I am aware that the limit for Civil Rights itself isn't 4. I too when started the nation, the civil rights was 3, but so were political freedoms and economy. I am thinking that there is some sort of limit on the average of all trends, and right now my political freedom and economy are both at 0. If that's true, the only way for me now to lower civil rights, is to increase either economy or political freedom, because I can never remember ever seeing a nation with all 0,0,0 trends.

You are simply incorrect. It is very possible - just difficult. A Region Embassy Assist
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Mugwop
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mugwop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Phydios wrote:
Mugwop wrote:

You are simply incorrect. It is very possible - just difficult. A Region Embassy Assist

Oh WOW, then I guess the limit is not a number, it's just that the effect of the issues must drastically slow do near the extreme of a trend (i.e: if you have trend of 50 and you answer the issue in a way that drop it down to 40, then if you originally had a trend of 12 for example, then the trend only drop by few numbers)

Take the Harry Potter issue, it's very famous but apparently I just got it: "6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mugwop, Harry Potter books are banned." Banning them is typically guaranteed to drop down your civil rights, but in my case it made no difference in trends... however, it also did not show a change in civil rights in the "analysis page" after I answered the issue.

Hmmm, I guess I gotta keep answering issues in a horrific manner and hoping for a drop.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:02 pm

You get a little more detail on this page as well. We can see you are actually at 4.31 for civil rights, which is not the lowest you have been (March 12th you were 3.62, and back in October you were a 3).

Mugwop
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mugwop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Leutria wrote:You get a little more detail on this page as well. We can see you are actually at 4.31 for civil rights, which is not the lowest you have been (March 12th you were 3.62, and back in October you were a 3).

Oh thank you for providing this. I had no idea this functionality exists. This should shed an even better light on the matter. :clap:

Solavenia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Solavenia » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:47 am

You should try something like kick the one in your party that don't listen to you.

Solavenia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Solavenia » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 am

but why u want to destroy your nation?huh :blink:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay