NATION

PASSWORD

The Grey Wardens: Warden-Lieutenant Eshialand

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alfonzo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alfonzo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Sounds like they need better tutors (us)
✯ ✯ ✯ In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice: TGW ✯ ✯ ✯
Made ya look!

Tim
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Damn, 28% is pretty weak. Come join The Grey Wardens for some tutoring to get up to 100% :D
Want to actually win this game? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
You can trust me, I was voted Most Influential and Gameplayer of The Year in 2021.

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Tim wrote:Damn, 28% is pretty weak. Come join The Grey Wardens for some tutoring to get up to 100% :D

I wasn't aware The grey wardens were in the business of training raiders - seems a mite counterproductive.
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Tim wrote:Damn, 28% is pretty weak. Come join The Grey Wardens for some tutoring to get up to 100% :D

I wasn't aware The grey wardens were in the business of training raiders - seems a mite counterproductive.

At this rate we might have to out of sheer pity, although it is a dangerous thing since raiders trained by TGW are overwhelmingly more effective than raiders trained by raider orgs. See Ivo for an example of that.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Alfonzo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alfonzo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:

Not our fault raiders are bad at their jobs. ;)
Made ya look!

Tim
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2011

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:

We remain confident that those who choose to moonlight with us will find our side more fun anyway, so it's a win-win :)
Want to actually win this game? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
You can trust me, I was voted Most Influential and Gameplayer of The Year in 2021.

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Altmoras wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I wasn't aware The grey wardens were in the business of training raiders - seems a mite counterproductive.

At this rate we might have to out of sheer pity, although it is a dangerous thing since raiders trained by TGW are overwhelmingly more effective than raiders trained by raider orgs. See Ivo for an example of that.

Yes, I'm sure they're responsible for so much raiding activity for you to stop right now.
Alfonzo wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I wasn't aware The grey wardens were in the business of training raiders - seems a mite counterproductive.

Not our fault raiders are bad at their jobs. ;)

You mean our hobbies?
Tim wrote:

We remain confident that those who choose to moonlight with us will find our side more fun anyway, so it's a win-win :)

Ah here I thought this was an open offer for raid training, not secretive moonlighting as a defender. How sad.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:You mean our hobbies?
Tim wrote:We remain confident that those who choose to moonlight with us will find our side more fun anyway, so it's a win-win :)

Ah here I thought this was an open offer for raid training, not secretive moonlighting as a defender. How sad.

One learns many skills as a Warden, including how to execute our enemy's abilities at a higher skill level than them.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dyanderna
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dyanderna » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:09 am

I’m glad you defenders are actually doing what you set out to do nowadays, gives us a wider array of targets to pick from 8)

Haku
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2018

Postby Haku » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:51 am

Dyanderna wrote:I’m glad you defenders are actually doing what you set out to do nowadays, gives us a wider array of targets to pick from 8)

Is this a way of saying that The Black Hawks will finally be using more than 10 minutes of update? :o

Dyanderna
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dyanderna » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:56 am

Haku wrote:
Dyanderna wrote:I’m glad you defenders are actually doing what you set out to do nowadays, gives us a wider array of targets to pick from 8)

Is this a way of saying that The Black Hawks will finally be using more than 10 minutes of update? :o

Wow, rude, we use at least 11 minutes of update tyvm. :p

Matthew the Man
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018

Postby Matthew the Man » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Dyanderna wrote:
Haku wrote:Is this a way of saying that The Black Hawks will finally be using more than 10 minutes of update? :o

Wow, rude, we use at least 11 minutes of update tyvm. :p

Its good to see honesty from our friends at The black hawks :D
✯ ✯ ✯ Libcord: For Your Protection ✯ ✯ ✯
“Only 'onest money in this world is fenda money.”
Warden-Constable of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Benevolent Thomas wrote:It is fun for me to see invaders lose at something they won at for so long.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm

I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.

Dyanderna
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dyanderna » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Matthew the Man wrote:
Dyanderna wrote:Wow, rude, we use at least 11 minutes of update tyvm. :p

Its good to see honesty from our friends at The black hawks :D

Unless it was all a lie... no one will ever know

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm

This makes no sense?

First of all, what we "set out to do" is "to efficiently defeat as many invaders as possible, and as frequently, as needed". The Order's primary focus has always been on preventing active Darkspawn movement, through the defense and liberation of regions. Defeating The Blight is the foremost goal, and the auxiliary focus becomes the rebuilding of the lands from which they have been cleared away. While naturally this pans out a bit different in reality than in the PR opening statement, I don't think it's accurate to say that detagging is what we "[actually] set out to do". That is a very narrow scope of a much bigger picture focused on eliminating the Darkspawn threat through numerous avenues.

You have had a treasure trove of targets to select from, especially considering how few targets The Black Hawks make attempts on these days While I'm happy to be able to pivot attention more consistently to cleaning up tag raids at major update, we have already been accomplishing this in great numbers during the minor update. On top of this, TGW's Guardians are also putting in a consistent effort to clean up NationStates, and some of our best newcomers have come about as a result of that program. It seems to me that this point you raise stems from either a poor attempt at a fired shot or a bad joke at the expense of your military. However, I'm happy to go ahead and clear off the rest of the tags on your embassy list.

It should also be noted that our increased detagging activity is a direct result of less raider activity at update, particularly at major. This is unsurprising, of course, given how effective we have been alongside our allies in shutting down the majority of The Hawks' tag raid efforts. As the pages of TGW reports can attest to, we consistently shut down our enemy time and time again. I can only hope we can continue replicating our present success for the rest of the year, but firmly believe that said possibility is within our grasp. I'm really excited to see the faction continue growing, especially with new regions/individuals joining seemingly every week, and hope that we can continue attracting people to a more overall fun way to play MilGP.

Alfonzo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alfonzo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:34 pm

I'd also like to thank the hawks as well for the free salt and free bumps to our thread. For all ye neutral peeps out there, if y'all ever want to get back at raiders all you need to do is sign up for wardenship today and watch as you get some kläut on your name 8)
Made ya look!

Matthew the Man
Spokesperson

Postby Matthew the Man » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 am

"EDIT: so i was told i need a title. this is it."
Edit I was told to put a Panda Express header image so here it is:

So I was telling a story in voice chat earlier, yeah? So back before quarantine started I went to see the Joker with my friends and family, my pal Trevor and my close amigo Montgomery. Now lemme say about Joker, that movie was good. And I’m talking real good. It takes a lot to make someone physically remove themselves from the theater because they’re cringing so hard at some poor bozo on screen delivering jokes to an audience who finds them terrible.

Anyhow, Joker ends and I’m feeling a bit hungry. Montgomery, who is a rather skinny fella thanks to his rapid metabolism, is all like “Heyo Matthew, I’m SUPER (not kinda, SUPER) hungry. Let’s grab a bite.” And now because he said he was hungry, now I’m hungry. So I’m all like “Gotcha campadre, over and out let's get rolling to a dining place.” So I wrangle up my family and my 2 amigos and we squish ourselves into the minivan. At this point I make the executive decision to choose where to eat. Now some context, yeah? Montgomery is a rather picky eater, ever since I met him back in the 4th grade the fool hates almost every food except ravioli for some god awful reason. Like what’s so good about ravioli? Like sure you can stuff some cheese or something in a pasta, mama mia whoopie doo. That’s just a tiny goddamn calzone, just order a goddamn calzone and be done with it! Bigger is better, christ almighty. In Trevor’s case he’ll eat whatever, the human black hole we used to call him.

So with that in mind I says to my dear old father, “Pops let's go to Olive Garden.” Now I know, dear reader, what you’re thinking “matthew thats a dogwater restaurant!” Now to you I say eat my ass, call it grass, and move some switchers to ASS. Yes, I well know how the Garden of Olives is trash but in my defense where else am i supposed to go to satisfy my strange friend’s ravioli appetite? The local italian place we frequented was out of the question ‘cus we were on the edge of town. Why? The movie theater there got recliners while the one on the other side of town doesn’t. Easy as that, I like to feel comfy when I’m watching my movies okay?

So we decide to go to Olive Garden. By this time it's like 6 in the evening and when we get there we realize that the restaurant is closed. Not just for the day, but for good. Like it shut down. And so now I am angry. I just wanted me some goddamn Olive Garden at this point so I’m like, we’re over another town over. So my poor Pops hauls my sorry behind over to the next town over. But since its 6, its rush hour. Now I live in a place with terrible traffic and as you can imagine, we’re in there for a while. Almost an hour long trip for what should be a 15 minute commute. Now I’m angry, I’m seething. Apparently it was disruptive enough that my aunt, who was with us in the minivan, offered to pay for the meal. And you know, when people say “anger gets you nothing?” Well take that, look who got to eat dinner for free! It was me, Matthew.

So we pull up to the Oliver Garden parking lot and for some reason its full. It's almost as if everyone wanted some Olive Garden. To which I say WHy??? I’m here because I gotta be, cus im hungry and im stubborn as a bull with a friend who's got a cripplin addiction to some pasta noodles. So we drive all the way to the store next door, a thrift shop for some vinyl players, and park there. And we get out and we’re walking right. Now you know what they say about mob mentality and how it doesn’t make you think straight? Well that's what happened to me and the boys. We were being hooligans, acting like Olive Garden was a godsend. And so some elderly couple thats in the parking lot with us looks at us strangely. Remember them, they come up later. So we get to Oliver Garden and we get ourselves one of them disks, the vibrating and flashin ones that go off when your table is ready.

Now we got ourselves a group of 8, it's terrible so we gotta wait cus we need them big tables or enough tables to squish together. So we sit there in the waitin room, on our phones and just discuss Joker for like 30 minutes. Had a great conversation during the wait. I was like “man, joaquin phoenix was great” and everyone was like “yeah”.

So our table gets ready and we go to sit down. Now our table is one of the big tables which is why we got relatively fast seating. So we’re out there and we are all gettin situated, some big dude named James comes and is our waiter. He’s asking us for drinks and everyone’s saying a variety of things. Diet Coke, Water, tea, coffee. Now he gets to me and I hit them with the best soda, Dr. Pepper. But alas, he explains that the doc is not in the house. Instead they had with them Mr. Pibb Xtra. Pibb is a disgusting creation and abomination, in fact vanilla coke was preferable. But alas, they had no vanilla or cherry coke so I got what I could get and said yes to Pibb. So James heads out.

He grabs some breadsticks for us. Oh my god breadsticks, Olive garden breadsticks are so goddamn good. I won’t even lie, they’re great but they could use a little more flavor to them. Maybe add a little more garlic or add some cheese? I dont know. Cheese biscuits though, from Red Lobster, good stuff all around. So much better. Lemme say, if breadsticks and cheese biscuits had a food child you know id buy as soon as possible. Im a sucker for gluten.

So im munching away on the breadsticks and i catch this bloke’s eye. Like he’s looking real familiar and i realize, its another one of my boy called Aaron. So i get up and hobble over to Big A and am all like “sup my homie”. Now Aaron is one of my IRL friends who I mentioned NS to, he’s a nerd so he understands how this game stinks and yet is so addicting yknow?

So I start mouthing off to him about some NS thing. And recently we did a thing against TBH right, chased the buggers but then they just stopped like 11 minutes into the update. 11 minutes! Not even in the 20 minute margins! What sort of 2nd rate, dogwater “most feared raiding organization” quits at 11 minutes. Oh Violet, oh Max Barry, oh dear lord. Every day I slave away, hopping onto Libcord to chase some of The black hawk’s finest, only to see they continue to lie and be dishonest about their own skill. Just admit it! The black hawks are a washed up relic of the past that only stays relevant due to now discontinued doctrine of “raider unity” which coalesced all minor raiding orgs at the time into their big avian hegemony. And this of course stifled all talent and skill, as evidenced with how the hawkies are just dogwater at the whole raiding business. Like these guys really gotta raid backwaters no one’s even heard of using cleans just so they can get an occupation where they contribute like 12 people to.

Ever since Aquila left the Council, its been a spiral I’m telling ya. Nothing new and good coming outta there since Dakota and Aq, I swear. Like I’m sure theres some fine folks in The black hawks, but they’re being wasted! We need some new raider blood out there! Like fr fr I’m out here in constantly busting subpar efforts of avian hawkies for 11 minutes to farm me salt and all i get is a “I’m glad you defenders are actually doing what you set out to do nowadays, gives us a wider array of targets to pick from :sunglasses:” oh give me a break, get good before you start talking smack bro actuallllly amirite. just get good it aint hard.

So anyways I’m out here, spittle flying and yelling my tiny child brains out about The black hawks in Olive Garden, my friend Aaron encouragin me like some emperor palpatine to luke skywalker if luke was just straight going dark. Then i hear my phone a ringing, i check it and its my father. I look over and hes waving me over cus james is there. I get over to the table and sit down cus james is taking orders. Now I order me a fettuccine alfredo. God i love me some alfredo fettucini. Now olive garden got some dog awful food right. Everyone agree with that statement. BUT lemme tell you im a sucker for some fettuccine alfredo. Favorite pasta. I used to eat that every day after preschool. So i order my alfredo the dude’s like “Awesome, would you like a soup or salad with that?” And I go, “Super salad? I never heard that one before!”

Oh also we detagged https://www.nationstates.net/region=garozia_islands this major.

Major 2021-02-23

Region Detagged:
garozia_islands

Wardens Present:
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (Lt. Alfonzo)
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (Cmd. Altmoras)
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (Warden Grea Kriopia)
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (Cmd. Haku)
Lt. Matthew
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (FW Tim)
Lt Matthew's Good Friend (Cmd. Vincent Drake)

Foreign Buddies:
[LCNAF] Creeper
[LCNAF] Fandom
[LCNAF] Quebecshire
[LCNAF] Spode
[LCNAF] Terranhill
[LILY] Frenchy
[THE SNAKES/UDSAF] The Python

all commentary in this post is purely fictional, i actually do not have friends nor believe that the NS urban legend "The black hawks" really exists (it is obviously a native children's story to scare young natives to disable exec-WAD. if they were real, The black hawks would actually be good at that.)

Libcord:
For Your Protection
In War, Victory.
In Peace, Vigilance.
In Death, Sacrifice.
Last edited by Matthew the Man on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:It is fun for me to see invaders lose at something they won at for so long.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Postby Altmoras » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 am

Should have gone to Applebees

Matthew the Man
Spokesperson

Postby Matthew the Man » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:16 am

Altmoras wrote:Should have gone to Applebees

i'll have you know ill take a dogwater "italian" meal from olive garden than step even a mile within an applebees

Altmoras
Diplomat

Postby Altmoras » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:19 am

Matthew the Man wrote:
Altmoras wrote:Should have gone to Applebees

i'll have you know ill take a dogwater "italian" meal from olive garden than step even a mile within an applebees

But where else can you consume the two food groups?

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 am

This post accurately reflects what VCs with Matt are like. 5 stars, would read entire mattwall again.
Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord
About me: Longest serving Prime Minister in TSP | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

Feel free to TG me, but not about moderation matters.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 am

This is a masterpiece
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Alfonzo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alfonzo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 am

Based and defenderpilled
Made ya look!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 am

This report changed my life

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:48 am

Ravioli are pop tarts. Calzones are a giant hotpocket as well as taco and also a sandwich..

Spinach Alfredo pizza is bestest! (especially of you add diced tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and chicken) I hate you gameplay.. I'm really hungry..
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay