NATION

PASSWORD

The Grey Wardens: Warden-Lieutenant Eshialand

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Kylia Quilor wrote:I think Tim can fend himself, tbh.

Sorry, chronic insanity disorder isn't one of the tests covered in the Warden Insurance package. I hear the Imperialists have it in theirs though, perhaps you should talk to them.

Pfft if it was then I never got paid out

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Kylia Quilor wrote:I think Tim can fend himself, tbh.

Sorry, chronic insanity disorder isn't one of the tests covered in the Warden Insurance package. I hear the Imperialists have it in theirs though, perhaps you should talk to them.

Good to know that we offer better mental health care to our people than you lot. Maybe you should have switched to socialized medicine, like we did?
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 pm

What.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Altmoras wrote:What.

Paternity tests and what-have-you. Blame it on TGW proclaiming themselves father of all orphaned raider children. *tuts and rolls eyes*
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Fun Fact: "Chronic Insanity" is the name of one of Tim's seven strains.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Fun Fact: "Chronic Insanity" is the name of one of Tim's seven strains.

At first I read that as "seven trains" and pictured Tim as a conductor.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Sorry, chronic insanity disorder isn't one of the tests covered in the Warden Insurance package. I hear the Imperialists have it in theirs though, perhaps you should talk to them.

Good to know that we offer better mental health care to our people than you lot. Maybe you should have switched to socialized medicine, like we did?

We have free mental care in TGW, because we're not heathens.

Though we, at this point, are maybe getting a bit off topic :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Trash-talking in an R/D thread is always ontopic, isn't it?
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Consular wrote:Nah because you actually are in the business and they just pretend to be.
I admit that there is some truth to this, we are much smaller than you (and the Grey Wardens). Although, I don't understand why you hate me so much.
Last edited by Fauxia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Fauxia wrote:This region is dishonest. It pretends to be defender, but it raids. Such hypocrisy deserves condemnation from the WA. Unfortunately, it would not pass.

Signature reads: "Proud Defense Minister of the Galactic Federation of Nations."

Galactic Federation of Nations is a member of TALON.

From the WFE of TALON:
TALON, or The Armed League Of Nations, is a Military Organization of Regions advocating to destroying Harmful and Distructive Regions.

1) Destructive*

2) Aren't we in the same business?
Firstly, thanks for the calm answer. But it seems to me you talk about "darkspawn" but you are "darkspawn" every now and then. Primarily defender, but I'm sure I've seen you raid. So what do you say?

PS: Love the flag
Last edited by Fauxia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Consular wrote:Nah because you actually are in the business and they just pretend to be.
I admit that there is some truth to this, we are much smaller than you (and the Grey Wardens). Although, I don't understand why you hate me so much.

Hate you? I don't even know who you are.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:Trash-talking in an R/D thread is always ontopic, isn't it?

I'm newish to R\D threads but I did appreciate the intelligent and sophisticated snark of our (?) generation and GP in the olden days. One can respect a person who you can banter or barb with in a clever or cute way.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 am

Escade wrote:
Kylia Quilor wrote:Trash-talking in an R/D thread is always ontopic, isn't it?

I'm newish to R\D threads but I did appreciate the intelligent and sophisticated snark of our (?) generation and GP in the olden days. One can respect a person who you can banter or barb with in a clever or cute way.

I think you have some nostalgia bias :p When I read threads from several years ago and beyond, intelligent and sophisticated are not words I would use. Feral is more accurate.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Witchcraft and Sorcery
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 am

As someone who's been on the outside looking in for most of the last four and a half years, it feels like things have toned down quite a bit at least as far as the general attitudes on this forum. I think most of all R/Ders of this generation actually are trying to play the game and have fun instead of treating it like an RL life-or-death situation or bordering on flamebaiting as many prominent gameplayers are notorious for having done.

Escade is totally right though. There was some very sophisticated snark on here back in the day. :p

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. Commended by SC #429.
Represented in the WA by the mysterious hooded figures lurking in the dog park, speaking through voice changers.

[8:17 PM] Dakota: You're a lame moralist
[8:17 PM] Dakota: But it's okay because the rest of your personality makes up for it

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:59 am

Consular wrote:
Fauxia wrote:I admit that there is some truth to this, we are much smaller than you (and the Grey Wardens). Although, I don't understand why you hate me so much.

Hate you? I don't even know who you are.
We've talked before, and you always seem to hate me.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 am

Witchcraft and Sorcery wrote:As someone who's been on the outside looking in for most of the last four and a half years, it feels like things have toned down quite a bit at least as far as the general attitudes on this forum. I think most of all R/Ders of this generation actually are trying to play the game and have fun instead of treating it like an RL life-or-death situation or bordering on flamebaiting as many prominent gameplayers are notorious for having done.

Escade is totally right though. There was some very sophisticated snark on here back in the day. :p

It certainly feels like things are less intense. Which is both good (less people taking this shit so seriously) and bad (less fun without all the craziness).

I vote we pull Unibot out of retirement and order him to build a UDL 2.0. :P The guy may have been a messiah-complex, but he always made things interesting.

THAT, or we need someone to coup a GCR again. :P

Zombogo
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zombogo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am

Witchcraft and Sorcery wrote:Escade is totally right though. There was some very sophisticated snark on here back in the day. :p

We must be remembering different days. There was a lot of outright flaming a few years ago. And a lot more red text as a result.
Pantless Phone Puppet

Witchcraft and Sorcery
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:It certainly feels like things are less intense. Which is both good (less people taking this shit so seriously) and bad (less fun without all the craziness).

I vote we pull Unibot out of retirement and order him to build a UDL 2.0. :P The guy may have been a messiah-complex, but he always made things interesting.

THAT, or we need someone to coup a GCR again. :P

Is that like some weird NS "would you rather" game? Because both those options caused more than a few headaches. :p

But by and large I agree. I'm kind of glad it took me so long to actually get involved in gameplay writ large. Lurking in the shadows has its advantages during flamey times. A bit of drama is always nice though, keeps the old noggin on its toes :p
Zombogo wrote:We must be remembering different days. There was a lot of outright flaming a few years ago. And a lot more red text as a result.

Oh I'm totally aware of that. There was also some pretty good non-flamey verbal jousting. That isn't to say I'd rather go back. I think gameplay right now is at the best point i've personally ever seen it with regard to people actually playing the damn game instead of just flaming each other.

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. Commended by SC #429.
Represented in the WA by the mysterious hooded figures lurking in the dog park, speaking through voice changers.

[8:17 PM] Dakota: You're a lame moralist
[8:17 PM] Dakota: But it's okay because the rest of your personality makes up for it

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Signature reads: "Proud Defense Minister of the Galactic Federation of Nations."

Galactic Federation of Nations is a member of TALON.

From the WFE of TALON:

1) Destructive*

2) Aren't we in the same business?
Firstly, thanks for the calm answer. But it seems to me you talk about "darkspawn" but you are "darkspawn" every now and then. Primarily defender, but I'm sure I've seen you raid. So what do you say?

PS: Love the flag

We defend the defenseless and not only do we advocate the destroying of harmful and destructive regions, we actually destroy them when given a chance. The Order of the Grey Wardens is the epitome of TALON's mission statement and the sooner we're not viewed as a foe, the sooner we can cooperate in this effort.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm fairly certain TGW has done more to hurt the game than a little spray-painting has.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:I'm fairly certain TGW has done more to hurt the game than a little spray-painting has.

I'm fairly certain you have no idea what you're talking about.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012

Postby Altmoras » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:I'm fairly certain TGW has done more to hurt the game than a little spray-painting has.

I know right! Why can't those fun hating Wardens take a step back and put the concerns of the noble and kind region destroyers of the world first.

Although I suppose I'm just feeding the continued bait by quoting you.
Last edited by Altmoras on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Tag raiding lead to the Predator mess, we must have done something truly awful to top that.

Edit: Heh 3 people just quoted you, you must be loving this attention.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

lol what?

Precisely how?

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016

Postby Chingis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Oh my. Does that mean that every time we hit a region before TGW does we're actually saving it from a worse fate :O

This just in - Lily best defending org 2k17.
[violet] wrote:lol
My TGs are not for Mod business

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay