NATION

PASSWORD

Cause of Death: Heart Disease

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Uzushiogakure no Sato
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Cause of Death: Heart Disease

Postby Uzushiogakure no Sato » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello yall.
I'm currently wondering about the factors that cause one's nation to display Heart Disease as a leading cause of death. My nation hasn't had to worry about heart disease for a while now and it has just cropped back up within the past few days. It seemed stranger, because my Health, Lifespan, and Public Healthcare are at an all time high, and my obesity rate at an all time low. Why would this disease suddenly be an issue again?

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Uzushiogakure no Sato wrote:Hello yall.
I'm currently wondering about the factors that cause one's nation to display Heart Disease as a leading cause of death. My nation hasn't had to worry about heart disease for a while now and it has just cropped back up within the past few days. It seemed stranger, because my Health, Lifespan, and Public Healthcare are at an all time high, and my obesity rate at an all time low. Why would this disease suddenly be an issue again?

I'm guessing it's your recent upswing in lifespan. Heart Disease is one of those things that kills more people the older they get. So because you've eliminated so many other causes of death (looks like cancer is included in that list! Good job on your healthcare) and prolonged people's lifespan, you get some people dying from failing hearts.
See You Space Cowboy...

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Ehh, I'm pretty sure it relates to the fast food and exercise issues. Relating to fat ranking kinda. Since high cholesterol increases risk of Heart Disease.

Ban fast food or mandatory exercise, no deep dish pizza, stuff like that.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 am

Free market choices from issues seems to have the same effect. Capitalism kills, yo!
Current:
World Assembly Delegate of The United Federation of Planets
Governor of The United Federation of Planets
Cure Squad Security of Equilism
Former:
World Assembly Delegate of Equilism
Chief Minister of Equilism (and minister in all departments)
ερωτâv πάντα

Portal35
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Portal35 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Aside from unhealthy eating and lack of exercises. Sometimes, this can be due to healthcare dilemmas.

Return to Gameplay