NATION

PASSWORD

About the Kingdom of Great Britain

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Padhia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 16, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Padhia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am

Hello! You don't know me, and I don't know you, but I joined when you left, so we both know the region.
That said, you should know it "better" as I have been there for about a week or so while you have been there years, nonetheless, I love discussing things with people, specially when we are in disagreement (because what fun or utility would come from a discussion with only one point of view?), so if you permit me I'd like to have a discussion, not because you're "attacking my region", but again because I think discussions are a good base for society... And this one text in particular spiked my interest because I found it's existence to be full of irony
If the post runs long I apologize, but it's a long answer for a long post I guess
(I'll try to remember and add a tl;dr don't worry :) )

PS: Before I start, don't take anything I say as a personal insult please... I just have a very direct and strong way of saying things, and I'm sorry in advance if it comes off as offensive :meh:

New Ireland and Wales wrote:“The demagogue is usually sly, a detractor of others, a professor of humility and disinterestedness, a great stickler for equality as respects all above him, a man who acts in corners, and avoids open and manly expositions of his course, calls blackguards gentlemen, and gentlemen folks, appeals to passions and prejudices rather than to reason, and is in all respects, a man of intrigue and deception, of sly cunning and management.”
James Fenimore Cooper

“Nothing unmasks a man like his use of power”
Elbert Hubbard

“If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.”
Mark Twain


I usually ignore whatever "famous quotes" people use instead of their own 'cause I find it more interesting if the person uses their brain power to come up with their own quotes, nonetheless I found this ones somewhat ironically interesting so I'll refer to them:

Quotes 1 and 2:
You do realize the irony of using said quotes when you exercised so many positions of power in the same region you are complaining about right? By the definition provided by the quote, you too were/are a demagogue, even more so than the king... I mean you were the one respecting all above you (as you youself said) and, just as you are accusing others of doing, you too were operating in secrecy and using your power to do something while showing that you were doing something else... So imo, it was a good read, I only found it a bit full of hipocrisy and a bit close minded... But nonetheless I digress; back to the topic.

Quote 3:
Why are you using such a quote, while protesting for more vote power? Do you not realize it actually deters from your point? If the vote is useless why is it so bad that the king as absolute power, after all even if he didn't things would still be the same wouldn't they?
Also... Here's the problem with using famous quotes to make your arguments sound smarter and more fancy: Sometimes you use quotes and atributte them to whom they didn't come from... Mark Twain is associated with that quote but there seems to be no real connection between the two... And a quick google search showed me that so... Yeah... Doesn't start well...



New Ireland and Wales wrote:This piece shall explain the Kingdom of Great Britain, a region which is probably one of the most power hungry regions and oppressive regions in the realm of NS.


By heavens... I advise you to get a dictionary or an encyclopedia and revise the definition of that word... I mean I'm not sure how it is in terms of politics themselves, but in terms of everything else... Opression is the last thing I've seen in this region... And although I'm fairly new here, I do have my fair share of experience in NS so I have known more than KGB...

New Ireland and Wales wrote:I have been in the region since June or July of 2014, over ⅔ of my time on NS. In that time I have served in a few positions such as Deputy Prime Minister, MP, Lord of Parliament, Foreign Secretary, Home Secretary, Attorney General, Speaker of the House of Commons, and Prime Minister. I


I'm sorry but for someone so worried about the diplomatic integrety of a region I can't help but feel that this piece is lacking all of it's integrety, as this does not seem to be the real reason behind your revolt... I mean if it was really that... I think that with so many years, and so many power positions, you would have noticed how it all really worked shortly after coming to power... Specially if it's so obivous as you say...

New Ireland and Wales wrote:
This is something I should have done a long time ago but due to me still having political ambitions in that region I refused to stand in this much opposition to the monarchy which controls all aspects of the region.

(...)

A demagogue is defined as a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument. I believe this strongly defined King George VI. Though tyrant might also be a good term to use.


... How should I put it... Analize it like this.... You see this is my problem with this post and the reason why I felt like giving a resposne... You realize the huge ammount of hipocrisy present just right here? You say Don/King George is a demagogue and a tyrant because (and I quote once again) "A demagogue is defined as a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument. I believe this strongly defined King George VI. Though tyrant might also be a good term to use."... Yet as you said "This is something (you) should have done a long time ago but due to () still having political ambitions in that region (you) refused to stand in this much opposition to the monarchy which controls all aspects of the region."
If you still don't see it, I'l put it plainly here:
You say "Oh he's a demagogue because he cared more about agreeing with everyone just so he could keep his power, and I should have talked about this all before, but I didn't and I chose to go with the majority because I wanted to keep my power". Now you see the irony and hipocrisy? :meh:


New Ireland and Wales wrote:
King George has held power in the region since its founding in 2013 and during that time has rapidly expanded his power. While most royal families tend to be small and localized to the region the Fominovs/Hanovers/Mountbattens are a large and powerful family that expands across many regions. This is intentional as the King likes to have influence over KoGB and other regions so the best way to do this is adopt alot of people into a family with him as patriarch. It has become so large that being in the family or having a title is no longer prestigious. All because a man wants to keep his hold on power. Even if he does finally abdicate, as he has done multiple times to get his way, he will never fully lose his grip on power. He’ll always have his son and others to make sure he gets his way.

(...)

To fully and simply explain the quotes at the top I’ll say this. The King is a demagogue much like Trump, Berlusconi, etc. who walks around saying that he is humble, saying his actions are the best, saying the way things are are good simply because it benefits him, but at the same time has a massive following because he is the only way to power in the region. The people, like in other regions, are power hungry. They’ll criticize those who mess up and throw down those who get in their way simply to rise to the top. The closer you get to the top the more you throw people out and the more you hunger for power. Voting in the region is essentially useless because if the King doesn’t like the leader of the largest party he’ll tell Parliament to choose someone else to become Prime Minister like he did with Akillian Talleyrand when he didn’t want Owen Hesse to become the Prime Minister. The core of all of this is the King. The region revolves around him and almost nothing happens without his approval.


I'm ignoring everything inbetween, but don't worry I'll adress it a bit later :p

Lets see... This is maybe for me the foundation of this text that already came into existence crumbling on itself...

As I said I have been in NS for some years... And most of that time was out of KGB... And let me tell you... If your problem with the region is that Don, aka the founder as too much power... Well I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but if there was someone to be against it would be Max (aka the creator of NS) since, the founder having absolute power is something that happens in general in every region by default... Of course the founder can reject this power but as you say " The people, like in other regions, are power hungry.", and so almost everywhere you go on NS the ruler rules and the founder is the absolute ruler. (On that note, if you think everyone in this game wants power and are power hungry, I don't think you would find your time here enjoyable, unless you yourslef were like that and liked the competition...)
Sometimes the founders can put it as obviously open as basing their region in a Monarchy and a Kingdom (btw... What were you expecting when going to a region that was a monarchy/kingdom... To have a complete and total diplomacy? An anarchy state?...) or they can mask it as a democracy, but in the end... Most of them do Veto anything they completly disagree with... And given the nature of the game and how regions work they are completly in their right to do so... So bashing someone or something, because it does the same as the ideas you defend is once again a bit too ironic and close-minded...


Adressing one last thing as I said I would adress the things inbetween:

New Ireland and Wales wrote: While the idea of reform is noble it will most likely never happen. Why? There are a few reasons. One of them being the simple fact that this is NationStates. Much like real life politics the main goal is to gain power and keep it so how would a true democracy even work on NationStates? It wouldn’t unless you place stringent rules in place against people staying in power for a long time. Another reason reform would never happen is that reform has been promised too many times and has never happened. King George has promised reform so many times but has never acted on it and never will. The only true way something could happen that might be good is the abdication of King George, a major downsizing of the royal family down to the bones, taking everyone out of the nobility for a fresh restart, and a significant weakening of the Monarchy in favor of a stronger, more independent House of Commons.


Such is the nature of not only NationStates: To have a government you desire to have, without being constricted by real world laws and idologies. I mean... As you yourself said reform will never happen... And it's honestly stupid that it does happen. Why? Simply because what would be the point of putting such constrictions on regions, while still being hable to create governments that are a "Psychotic Dictatorship"?
Everyone is free to create their own reagion and govern it as they please as long as it does not break site rules, just like everyone is free to lead their nation and govern it the way they want to, again as long as it does not break site rules.
And everyone is free to be a part of the region they feel that fits them better, or even create one of their own, just like everyone is free to govern a country in the way that is the most interesting to them. If you do not agree with the way a region is ruled, move onto another region, what would be the problem in that? Even if you don't want to lose your power, many times the experience will help you reach power again.
If you are not happy with the way this site/game works... I suggest, for your own sanity, that you seek other games, as this might not be quite the right thing for you...


TL;DR - This text to me came off as full of hipocrisy, flaws, irony (but life loves being ironic I guess) and written with too much of a closed mind...
I don't mean to offend you with this, I just felt like analyzing what you say is a good way to learn more on how to correct yourself and I think we all should be made aware of our mistakes, not so we can be ridicularized by them, but so we can learn from them and, if possible, how to correct them.
I understand you might have not liked the region, and you are in your every right to have that opinion/taste, there is no rule or law against it neither here on the game nor in real life that says you have to keep yourself attached to one region forever... But there is also no rule or law that says a founder should limit his powers... And in almosy any region you decide to set your foot in, the founder will have the ultimate power, even if less obviously...
In any case, I wish you good luck in the rest of your "career" in NS and everything of the sorts

PS: Sorry for the long post, once again I tend to carry on with long answers for long texts
- Peter Asteorra Calxur

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:10 am

So the King has a lot of power in KGB. And he doesn't like to lose it, so he engages in legal politicking and exercise of his legal powers to keep it. Sounds reasonable. Come back to me when you have proof of the King breaking the constitution and laws he agreed to.

Monarchies in UCRs often tend to invest a lot of power in their Monarchs, for good or for ill, and they have varrying levels of constitutionalism to define their limits. And how jealously they'll guard their power - and which powers in particular they'll guard the most jealously.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:29 am

So many people in this thread who think they're being super clever by posting obnoxious "KGB is a monarchy, well done!" comments and the like.

I suspect the OP realises the region is a monarchy, yes. :roll: He's arguing that its King is not a very good King. And some of the points aren't without merit, if there's any truth to them.

Not all Kings are the same. Some Kings engage in a lot of politicking, others prefer to keep out of that, even going so far as to abstain from voting in normal elections. Some Kings consult others and only act accordingly, others do whatever they happen to feel like doing. The fact that the King technically isn't in the wrong doesn't mean they aren't a poor leader.
Last edited by Consular on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:33 am

Yes, but if you think the King is a bad leader, posts like this in GP aren't the way to go about making that point.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 am

Why not? Perhaps he's already tried to make changes in the region and has gotten nowhere.

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:38 am

At which point you leave. Because there's nothing GP at large can do to change things in KGB, if the political system operates even half like he claims.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 am

Perhaps he's hoping the rest of the world will consider whether the King of KGB is worth doing business with? An attempt to drag him through the mud, so to speak.

Just because something might have no practical effect doesn't mean its a worthless endeavour.

User avatar
Dar es Saalam
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Aug 18, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Dar es Saalam » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:10 am

edit
Last edited by Dar es Saalam on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 am

@consular: If that is is goal, then he did a very bad job of it. This reads much more as an attack on KGB's system of government than on the King's character
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:44 am

Dar es Saalam wrote:But in all seriousness, I am glad folks are using their anecdotal expierences in KGB to refuse the OP's anecodotal expierence.

I notice a disturbing trend in this game, when a player reaches a certain "level of influence or popularity" a select few players feel very, very threatened by that and activate ..... cut outs, as it were, to drag down the rising stars.

I, of course, ignore such as fear based attempts to retain control by a select few in gameplay that feel very important.

I recommend the OP's reason for posting be viewed with suspicion.

What are you talking about? Who is dragging who down here?

Cerian Quilor wrote:@consular: If that is is goal, then he did a very bad job of it. This reads much more as an attack on KGB's system of government than on the King's character

Yeah, true enough.

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 am

I mean, if I wanted to go after the monarch, I'd start by titling the thread with their name, and even more likely, I'd also start by approaching the right people in other regions in private with like, screengrabs and whatnot.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
Altino
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 100
Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Altino » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 am

This post is, ultimately, just a dramatic resignation from the region, if we're all being honest. Heidi isn't active, hasn't been for a while. He's throwing out knocks against KGB, which are really just knocks against Don, which are secretly still just knocks against KGB, and following it up with an emotional goodbye on KGB's forum and thanks to all the people who helped him make it to where he is today.

I think the most important thing to note in this post is that my switch tocalling KGB "KoGB" so we sound a little less like evil Russian spies is really starting to catch on. >D
Nailed it.
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes.☮

User avatar
KWV First Divison
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KWV First Divison » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:13 am

Altino wrote:This post is, ultimately, just a dramatic resignation from the region, if we're all being honest. Heidi isn't active, hasn't been for a while. He's throwing out knocks against KGB, which are really just knocks against Don, which are secretly still just knocks against KGB, and following it up with an emotional goodbye on KGB's forum and thanks to all the people who helped him make it to where he is today.

I think the most important thing to note in this post is that my switch tocalling KGB "KoGB" so we sound a little less like evil Russian spies is really starting to catch on. >D
Nailed it.


Confirmed. Haven't actually heard of them since I've joined about two/three months ago.

User avatar
New Londonium
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

From the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Great Britain

Postby New Londonium » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19 am

We the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Great Britain hereby issue a condemnation of Heidi, formerly Heidi Mountbatten. The Bar Association’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our region, and throughout NationStates. We as lawyers pride ourselves as the professors of an independent judiciary and the protectors of our collective liberty and as such we wholeheartedly reject the claims made by Heidi Mountbatten about our region. This body casts no accusations as to the righteousness of publishing the essay nor do we advocate any specific response, and we fiercely support the free exchange of dialogue, but we fundamentally reject the premise of the essay where it applies to our legal system. We, as lawyers believe that our liberty is protected and defended by the strict enforcement of the rule of law by our existing constitutional and legislative conventions. Through means of active and forceful representation, we speak truth to power when power seeks to over-extend itself. The Bar Association refutes the claims and insinuations made about our system of government and our legal system and we condemn the actions and accusations made by Heidi.


Signed,

JJ Norfolk
Chair of the Great British Bar Council.
The Hon. JJ DOUGLAS (Norfolk-Mountbatten)
Lord Chief Justice of the Kingdom of Great Britain
est. Inverness, U.K.| c. New York, NY

User avatar
New Ireland and Wales
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ireland and Wales » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:09 am

I didn't make this post because I was mad I wasn't in the inner circles. Have I wanted to be in the inner circles? Sure. Who hasn't? But for a while these feelings have been building up in me which I have explained to Don. Though it seems he too has come here to throw his insults and misleading opinions into this post much like his cronies Nyx, Arthur, Victor, and JJ. That's fine. They can do that all they want. If they want to truly believe I did this because I didn't advance far enough that's fine as well. As long as I believe me and those close to me, my true friends, believe me I will be quite alright. I've been done with KoGB for a while now and advancement has nothing to do with it. If you have been told that or if you truly believe that then you are horribly misinformed. You can brand me a traitor as it seems has been done in KoGB, you can call me whatever you want, but please don't make horribly misinformed statements. As for my activity that many of you bring up school has been a major cause and since I decided to write this in October I haven't been that active.
Last edited by New Ireland and Wales on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Padhia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 16, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Padhia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 pm

New Ireland and Wales wrote:I didn't make this post because I was mad I wasn't in the inner circles. Have I wanted to be in the inner circles? Sure. Who hasn't?.


*raises hand*
The thing is: people are different, and they see things differently, some like to keep their power and care more about it than others, some don't care about it. Now calling someone a tyrant just because you think they are doing a lot to protect and grow their power here in NS seems a bit extreme...
In my case for example I don't care about having power in the region, nonetheless it's still my choice of region because of the people that are there, as they are someone I want to be with... and idk, this might be because I'm not involved in politics, but even if I were there's this thing called smarts. In politics if you want to make your ideas prevail above others you mostly can... You just need to be smart about it... And publicly going against a King in a region that is a monarchy where the king still has many/all the powers is just a huge lack of smarts...
If you wanted the region to have a different way of working but still did really care about the people there you would be smart and keep your political strings doing the work in the background and not bring it to the foreground, while maybe trying to gain more power in order to be able to reach a position where you could put such ideas to work... And not take those things personally really... If you thought that Don was making a mistake or acting in a way he shouldn't and that was the thing that bothered you the most the solution shouldn't be to keep it to yourself just 'cause you want to maintain your position, it should be to speak with him, even if the possible backlash was losing your position, it just comes down to what was really your priority...

Your choice is your choice, I just don't think you should attack the people of the region because you don't like how it works yet you say that wasn't the problem and that the problem was the people...
In any case that's the beauty of NS, there are various regions, and you should find the one that suits you the most.
- Peter Asteorra Calxur

User avatar
KWV First Divison
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KWV First Divison » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

New Ireland and Wales wrote:I didn't make this post because I was mad I wasn't in the inner circles. Have I wanted to be in the inner circles? Sure. Who hasn't? But for a while these feelings have been building up in me which I have explained to Don. Though it seems he too has come here to throw his insults and misleading opinions into this post much like his cronies Nyx, Arthur, Victor, and JJ. That's fine. They can do that all they want. If they want to truly believe I did this because I didn't advance far enough that's fine as well. As long as I believe me and those close to me, my true friends, believe me I will be quite alright. I've been done with KoGB for a while now and advancement has nothing to do with it. If you have been told that or if you truly believe that then you are horribly misinformed. You can brand me a traitor as it seems has been done in KoGB, you can call me whatever you want, but please don't make horribly misinformed statements. As for my activity that many of you bring up school has been a major cause and since I decided to write this in October I haven't been that active.


This seems rather out of place if you wrote this in October of 2016; and it has been over 4 months since. Why the delay, and after such inactivity? These "cronies", as well as I are simply protecting the region they've called home for years, that you've been trying to slander. In my time in KoGB, I've never experienced any of this. It's been great.

User avatar
New Ireland and Wales
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ireland and Wales » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:06 pm

KWV First Divison wrote:
New Ireland and Wales wrote:I didn't make this post because I was mad I wasn't in the inner circles. Have I wanted to be in the inner circles? Sure. Who hasn't? But for a while these feelings have been building up in me which I have explained to Don. Though it seems he too has come here to throw his insults and misleading opinions into this post much like his cronies Nyx, Arthur, Victor, and JJ. That's fine. They can do that all they want. If they want to truly believe I did this because I didn't advance far enough that's fine as well. As long as I believe me and those close to me, my true friends, believe me I will be quite alright. I've been done with KoGB for a while now and advancement has nothing to do with it. If you have been told that or if you truly believe that then you are horribly misinformed. You can brand me a traitor as it seems has been done in KoGB, you can call me whatever you want, but please don't make horribly misinformed statements. As for my activity that many of you bring up school has been a major cause and since I decided to write this in October I haven't been that active.


This seems rather out of place if you wrote this in October of 2016; and it has been over 4 months since. Why the delay, and after such inactivity? These "cronies", as well as I are simply protecting the region they've called home for years, that you've been trying to slander. In my time in KoGB, I've never experienced any of this. It's been great.


I wrote half in October and had second thoughts and took some time to think then I forgot about it for a while but then came back around to doing it. I reckon everyone has different experiences and this was mine.

User avatar
KWV First Divison
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KWV First Divison » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm

New Ireland and Wales wrote:
KWV First Divison wrote:
This seems rather out of place if you wrote this in October of 2016; and it has been over 4 months since. Why the delay, and after such inactivity? These "cronies", as well as I are simply protecting the region they've called home for years, that you've been trying to slander. In my time in KoGB, I've never experienced any of this. It's been great.


I wrote half in October and had second thoughts and took some time to think then I forgot about it for a while but then came back around to doing it. I reckon everyone has different experiences and this was mine.


You basically left after that much inactivity, so why come back? This thread is of no value, and is just you attacking members of KoGB and it's government.

User avatar
3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 pm

I guess everyone expected me to come around this thread, however the Vac you expected won't be present here. Most people know me as Dons enforcer, I have even been described as his "Francis Underwood", I have even used Frank in my avatar in the past and do at this very moment on the KGB forum. However I am not here to crush Heidi, or drag her through the mud as she has done to KGB, the region that I love, and the region I have helped build since day one, I am here to offer up a very different, more realistic version of KGB.

So allow me to first off state who I am in KGB for those of you out there who have been living under a rock and may not know. I am the current Commandant General of HM Corps of Royal Marines, a military force whose power, professionalism, skill, and numbers at updates have become renowned across the whole of NationStates, I am the current Prime Minister, second term in succession, third term in my history in KGB, with that I am also an MP due to our Westminster System. I am also the Prince Royal, in that I help the King managing the nobility of the realm as well as members of the Royal Family. I make recommendations on who should get a new title, who should get an upgrade, a demotion, and who should have their titles stripped entirely, I also have the power to grant minor titles all the way up to the rank of Viscount. With all of that, I am one of the Kings most trusted advisers. The King knows, I will, at the end of the day, fight him when I think he's doing something stupid, bite my tongue when appropriate, and overall do what is best for the survival of KGB, and yes, with mine and some others help, we have brought KGB back from the diplomatic hell it lived in for a long time. OK that is done. :P

KGB is not the oppressive, Nazi state that Kaston attempted to lay out in the OP. KGB has a very warm and welcoming climate. We always attempt to make newcomers welcome, get them involved. I personally do my best to make sure newcomers get their faces shown in elections, in government, on the battlefield, in the diplomatic corp, and in our culture office. We encourage political discourse, we prefer for their to be political opposition in our Parliamentary races, and yes, the King prefers for us to not be yes men. I cannot see one single "yes man" on the Privy Council. Not a single one. He never acts outside of his legal boundaries, everything he does, he does legally, and for the betterment of the realm, and he does not act without first seeking the advice of the PC. As for the royal family, it is as Altino said, we have to hold back Don from adopting new active members, because he finds some he likes, and immediately wants to be related, regardless of how bloated the family can get, we've had to stage an intervention or two because of this. ;) I don't know where Kaston got his view from, but I doubt his intentions are entirely selfless or pure. He has already stated that others may have had a different experience, almost like a half assed television disclaimer to avoid a million dollar law suit. As such I concur with others that he did this out of spite for not rising fast enough, which was a stated reason for leaving in one of his previous rage quits.

As such I will be taking this time to announce that pending further investigation, all previous military honors, and all noble titles earned, are hereby stripped from Heidi Mountbatten.
Last edited by 3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Madnoir
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Madnoir » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

I can definitely sympathize with what the OP is trying to do here, but you've gotta expand on this stuff, dude. Can you give us any detailed information on personal experience like the other guy did in his "whistle-blower" rant? You're passionate but all of these emotional accusations of KGB being "the most oppressive" and power hungry", but all of these emotional verbs and adjectives to describe them make your argument look weak and it makes you an unreliable and uncredible source. Give us something scandalous and some names with them. Wanna convince us that their system is tyrannical? Give us evidence and personal testimony. Get someone to vouch for you and what you're saying.

I've heard many bad things about Great Britain for a long time so I can understand what you're trying to say. A lot of us know about some of the things that go on there from past whistleblowers and the rumors and tips that go around. But tell us something we don't already know. Give us the juicy details. You're just not doing a good job proving yourself and your arguments. With everybody dissecting your porous argument, it makes them look better.

I can understand why you alone weren't able to change much about what goes on there, and I'm expecting all the KGB people and their friends to defend themselves whatever you say, but you don't need to worry about convincing them. Convince everyone else and give us second thoughts about the region. The personal attacks sure as heck don't help, my man :(
Last edited by Madnoir on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Flanderlion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1738
Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Do we really care about KGB's drama? Reply 'k' or something else that doesn't straddle the line of spam, and then stop replying and the thread will hopefully die.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information

User avatar
New Ireland and Wales
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ireland and Wales » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 pm

3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit wrote:
As such I will be taking this time to announce that pending further investigation, all previous military honors, and all noble titles earned, are hereby stripped from Heidi Mountbatten.


Ignoring everything else you said though I did read it. How are you going to investigate someone that isn't a citizen and how? How are you revoking noble titles when I've already surrendered them. Seems you've posted that simply to make yourself seem strong and flaunt that you are "Don's enforcer" though I will not make assumptions like many have done. That's just a way it could be seen.

User avatar
Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 455
Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:51 pm

New Ireland and Wales wrote:
3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit wrote:
As such I will be taking this time to announce that pending further investigation, all previous military honors, and all noble titles earned, are hereby stripped from Heidi Mountbatten.


Ignoring everything else you said though I did read it. How are you going to investigate someone that isn't a citizen and how? How are you revoking noble titles when I've already surrendered them. Seems you've posted that simply to make yourself seem strong and flaunt that you are "Don's enforcer" though I will not make assumptions like many have done. That's just a way it could be seen.


At this point your opinion means very little to me. I have no need to flaunt my authority or strength, especially against someone who had to hide behind a puppet and run away from the consequences of his actions. And it is certainly possible to investigate a matter after someone has left a region.
Last edited by Vaculatestar64 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 455
Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Flanderlion wrote:Do we really care about KGB's drama? Reply 'k' or something else that doesn't straddle the line of spam, and then stop replying and the thread will hopefully die.


I guess people care about our drama as much as they care about everyone else's. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Bloodred Moon, Ikania, Praeceps

Advertisement

Remove ads