NATION

PASSWORD

The Empire of Kantrias | FA Update 29th of February Edition

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:21 am

How could one profess earnest loyalty and committment to an explicitly expansionist Empire in a historically Imperialist region out one side of your mouth, while declaring out the other that said ideology is fundamentally incompatible with your beliefs, and naysaying both the decisions of the last King and the ascension of the new Emperor? Does that not call into question whether you are present to support the Empire, or protest it?

Would that folks protested half as much when the imp/indie sphere demanded two players be completely ostracized from every imp, indie, and military region over a less fundamental disagreement within LKE.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:37 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Would that folks protested half as much when the imp/indie sphere demanded two players be completely ostracized from every imp, indie, and military region over a less fundamental disagreement within LKE.

The LKE did not make any "demand[s that] two players be completely ostracized from every imp, indie, and military region over a less fundamental disagreement". The LKE made requests of our treaty allies and our main raider military partner by that stage (Lone Wolves United) that action be taken, where applicable, in relation to specific acts committed (not ideological disagreement of any strength). The specific act cited in that request being the seizure of LKE sovereign territory, a region previously re-founded by the Imperial Army and incorporated into the LKE Empire on Imperial Command's petition to the Crown. The context to the request to LWU was leaking of cabinet content (as to which we were content to agree to a demotion for the leaker, not removal) as well as the seizure of our territory (for which our preference in the first instance was for its return and only if refused removal).
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:53 am

Invitation to the Grand Accession Festival

Hosted by His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Arran Drake Quilor

Join Us in Celebrating a New Era of Truth, Strength, and Friendship

The Empire of Kantrias cordially invites you to the most splendid Kantrian event of the year - our Grand Accession Festival, where we celebrate the dawn of a new age under the benevolent rule of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Arran Drake Quilor.

Why is this festival important?

In this extraordinary moment, we gather to honor the dawning of the new age in Kantrias. With the crowning of Emperor Arran Drake Quilor we enter an age of strength, an age of truth, and the age of Kantrias taking its rightful place in the world. We take immense pride in embracing our Imperial heritage and sharing it with the world.

What You Can Expect

From October 28th to November 5th, we have an array of exciting events and activities planned for you:

Daily Games: From computer games like King of the Castle, to online games like Gartic Phone, the Empire invites you to join us for a good time.
Contests: Test your skills and prove that you are the best!
Speeches: Mark this momentous occasion with us by reading the words of our esteemed leaders, or even saying a few words yourself.
Roleplay: Enter the Imperial Ballroom and dance the night away!

Everyone is Invited:

The Empire of Kantrias warmly extends an open invitation to all, transcending boundaries and political affiliations. We believe in the power of inclusion and unity, welcoming even those who may hold different beliefs. Let's come together and share in the festivities.

Honoring Our Long-Standing Friends:

Emperor Arran Drake Quilor values the bonds we have forged with our long-standing friends. It is with deep gratitude and respect that we extend personal invitations to these cherished allies, whose names are synonymous with trust and camaraderie.

In particular we would like to name the Brotherhood of Malice, Caer Sidi, Ijaka, The Black Hawks, Sparkalia, Osiris, and The Communist Block. Each of you are regions we consider close friends, and personally invite to join in the festivities.

Festival Dates: October 28 - November 5

Join us in celebrating the grandeur of Kantrias, as we take a step forward into a promising future, hand in hand with truth, strength, and friendship. We eagerly anticipate your presence at this historic event. Together, let's create memories that will resonate through the ages.

For more information, join our Discord server at https://discord.com/invite/S5C7rSk5vG or contact Leutria.

Let the festivities begin!

Londoniopol
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Londoniopol » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Sounds like a pretty fun event
Luna‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎
She/Nyan/Star/It‎ ‎ ‎

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Lala Escargot
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lala Escargot » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Leutria wrote:We believe in the power of inclusion and unity, welcoming even those who may hold different beliefs.

Does this mean you're not forcing your citizens to be raiders anymore, or is this just something you're doing for the event?

Terra Inferiori Reliquere
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Terra Inferiori Reliquere » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:04 am

Londoniopol wrote:Sounds like a pretty fun event

It will be! My culture people really have been working hard on this one!

Lala Escargot wrote:
Leutria wrote:We believe in the power of inclusion and unity, welcoming even those who may hold different beliefs.

Does this mean you're not forcing your citizens to be raiders anymore, or is this just something you're doing for the event?

Kantrias has always been a Raider and Imperialist region. We do not switch sides like some other - rather disappointing - regions have over the last couple years, or just this year even.

Kantrias being Imperialist is a constant. Kantrias being Raider is a constant.

But I’m sure your question was rhetorical, right? Since you know the answer.
Last edited by Terra Inferiori Reliquere on Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arran Drake "Skar" Quilor
Emperor of the Empire of Kantrias

Titles to be added later, uwu ;p

Lala Escargot
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lala Escargot » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:49 am

Listen, I know the institutional memory of Kantrias is shorter than a pixie cut, but come on. It has been just over a month since you ousted one of your long term citizens over the fact that they refused to be a raider, and now you have just released a statement saying that everyone is welcome in Kantrias regardless of ideology.

Your past actions and your current statement are at odds with one another, and my question is not rhetorical.

Are you honestly welcoming everyone into Kantrias now, or is your belief in the power of inclusion something that is specific to this singular event?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:54 am

August (from EoGB) left Kantrias last month because he complained that citizens were under orders to join the Kantrian Armed Forces. Even if we accept that his complaint is entirely true, participants in the Grand Accession Festival are not required to be citizens of Kantrias and are therefore under no obligations to be raiders in their personal or professional gameplay lives.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Terra Inferiori Reliquere » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:17 pm

An Imperial Proclamation Issued, Arda en Estel Subsumed into the Empire!

For years Kantrias has maintained embassies with Arda en Estel. Even when Arda en Estel went inactive, we kept the embassies open out of respect for the relationship we once had and in the hopes that our friends would come back to us.

This is why on the 30th of October, 2023, the Empire of Kantrias assumed control of Arda en Estel.

On Imperialism
When we ratified the Eleventh Year Accords with the Brotherhood of Malice on the 6th of September, 2023, we defined Imperialism. With that definition we made a promise; to bring back true Imperialism and to grow and expand our influence. Subsuming Arda en Estel into the Empire is an important next step in doing so.

Historical Ties
The first mention of Arda en Estel recorded in Kantrias was on the 8th of July, 2017. This was when one of Arda en Estel's members came to Kantrias to become a noble (the term for citizen used at that time). They declared that they were also a member of Arda en Estel, as well as one other region. This is how we learned of their existence.

Later, on the 20th of the same month, establishing relations with Arda en Estel was recommended by a noble. The noble who scouted them described Arda en Estel as follows; "It is very powerful, we also have mutual friends". Another noble described Arda en Estel as "a thriving region", yet another found "ties with Arda to be beneficial".

This led to The Treaty of Erihaven being put before the Senate in Kantrias on the 22nd of July. To say that we became friends fast would be an understatement. This treaty was eventually passed on the 11th of September, without issues.

On the 26th of July Arda en Estel applied for- and were granted forum embassies.

The embassies with Arda en Estel remain open to this day.

Imperial Intentions with Arda en Estel
With the issuing of Imperial Proclamation V - Arda en Estel Subsumed and supported by the Imperial Constitution of the Empire of Kantrias, Arda en Estel has been declared a colony, which renders the region non-autonomous. As a result, the Empire is in full control of Arda en Estel.

The Empire is determined to make sure the regional history of Arda en Estel is maintained. Once the Empire deems Arda en Estel ready, it will work to turn Arda en Estel into the thriving community it once was, under the steadying - and guiding - hand of Imperialism.

Had Kantrias not negotiated with the Founding nation of Arda en Estel, the region would inevitably have fallen into the hands of far less benevolent people. To quote many of Arda en Estel's community; what the Empire did, it did for "The Hreater Good".

Closure of Embassies
As previously stated Kantrias has taken direct control of Arda en Estel and as of such deems every part of its functioning its responsibility. This includes matters of Foreign Affairs. As of such all of Arda en Estel's embassies - except for the one with Kantrias - are being closed effective immediately.
Last edited by Terra Inferiori Reliquere on Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby The Ice States » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Terra Inferiori Reliquere wrote:As previously stated Kantrias has taken direct control of Arda en Estel and as of such deems every part of its functioning its responsibility. This includes matters of Foreign Affairs. As of such all of Arda en Estel's embassies - except for the one with Kantrias - are being closed effective immediately.

I don't particularly have a horse in this race -- my only bias here is GD having an embassy with Arda en Estel so inactive that the region has until today only been mentioned on a grand total of two occasions on the GD Discord, both in 2017. However I wonder what the rationale is for closing all of its embassies bar that with Kantrias? This part of the statement merely explains that you have the power to do so, but not the rationale for the decision.
Last edited by The Ice States on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Arda en Estel
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arda en Estel » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:45 am

Arda lies dormant no more, and several an OG natives are excited to see what it can become. It holds dear memories for so many, and deserves to be given love. <3

Vleerian Ravagia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 07, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vleerian Ravagia » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:20 am

The Ice States wrote:I don't particularly have a horse in this race -- my only bias here is GD having an embassy with Arda en Estel so inactive that the region has until today only been mentioned on a grand total of two occasions on the GD Discord, both in 2017. However I wonder what the rationale is for closing all of its embassies bar that with Kantrias? This part of the statement merely explains that you have the power to do so, but not the rationale for the decision.

As Arda en Estel is being incorporated into Kantrias, it is presently Subject to our embassy policies, as it is a part of the Empire. It was also determined that some embassies present in 2017* were deemed undesirable, beyond mere consideration of our raider alignment. Regions interested in embassies with Kantrias or our territories are, of course, welcome to get in touch.

Edit at *
Last edited by Vleerian Ravagia on Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:27 am

Where may I avail myself of the Kantrian embassy policy? All embassies held by Kantrias are with raider, imperialist, or Kantrias-owned regions (with the exceptions of Caer Sidi and Sky Haven). Furthermore, among the Arda embassies being closed is that with LWU, which I'd assume Kantrias would at least be on good terms with as part of Raider Unity.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby The Ice States » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:56 am

Vleerian Ravagia wrote:
The Ice States wrote:I don't particularly have a horse in this race -- my only bias here is GD having an embassy with Arda en Estel so inactive that the region has until today only been mentioned on a grand total of two occasions on the GD Discord, both in 2017. However I wonder what the rationale is for closing all of its embassies bar that with Kantrias? This part of the statement merely explains that you have the power to do so, but not the rationale for the decision.

As Arda en Estel is being incorporated into Kantrias, it is presently Subject to our embassy policies, as it is a part of the Empire.

This merely explains that you have the power to close the embassies, by virtue of Arda en Estel being subject to Kantrias' jurisdiction vis-a-vis embassy matters. It does not, however, explain why you did that.

It was also determined that some embassies present in 2017* were deemed undesirable, beyond mere consideration of our raider alignment.

How does this justify closing the rest of the embassies?

Edit:
Vleerian Ravagia wrote:As for how this affects the Embassies in Arda en Estel, these are embassies that were not approved by the throne, and might be seen as representing diplomatic ties where there are none - these embassies exist within Kantrian territory after all.

This answers my question, thank you.
Last edited by The Ice States on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

A Forest Clearing
Political Columnist

Founded: May 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A Forest Clearing » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:02 pm

Vleerian Ravagia wrote:our raider alignment.

Glad you're no longer mincing words about this.

Vleerian Ravagia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 07, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vleerian Ravagia » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:54 pm

A Forest Clearing wrote:

I will possibly come back to this, however Kantrias' raider alignment is something the emperor has made abundantly clear since his ascension. This is not a position that has been unclear.

Tinhampton wrote:Where may I avail myself of the Kantrian embassy policy? All embassies held by Kantrias are with raider, imperialist, or Kantrias-owned regions (with the exceptions of Caer Sidi and Sky Haven). Furthermore, among the Arda embassies being closed is that with LWU, which I'd assume Kantrias would at least be on good terms with as part of Raider Unity.

At present, in lieu of a precise document to forward to you (the Emperor's coronation was this weekend, please do excuse our lack of official documents), the standing embassy policy is that regions we have signed treaties with that include on-site embassy clauses, or regions that have made an agreement with the Emperor are granted embassies.

As for how this affects the Embassies in Arda en Estel, these are embassies that were not approved by the throne, and might be seen as representing diplomatic ties where there are none - these embassies exist within Kantrian territory after all.

As for relations Kantrias may have with any of the regions, it would hardly be prudent to state here. Naturally, they are welcome to reach out through more appropriate channels to discuss the matter.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:16 pm

A Forest Clearing wrote:

Good evening class,

Your assigned homework for this week is The Eleventh Year Accords. It includes a summary of both Kantrian and Malicious ideology, and how they intersect. It's only a few paragraphs, so you should have no issue completing this reading before your next forum post.

Have a great week!

-Professor Souls
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Terra Inferiori Reliquere » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:32 pm

A Forest Clearing wrote:

Kantrias has - since its founding over 11 years ago - not once claimed to be anything but Imperialist and Raider aligned.

Furthermore, as Vleerian has stated, I myself have declared our Raider-alignment and dedication to Imperialism abundantly clear on several occasions, even before becoming Emperor, back when I was Kantrias' Minister of Foreign Affairs. One would assume recent events would point at this.

The Ice States wrote:However I wonder what the rationale is for closing all of its embassies bar that with Kantrias?

As stated in my original post, Kantrias has declared Arda en Estel a colony, taking full control of the region. As it is being incorporated into the broader Empire - and as explained by Imperial Proclamation V - Arda en Estel Subsumed, its inner workings in its entirety are now the Empire's responsibility. Kantrias does not need to explain its rationale to you. But I thank you for your concern. We'll take it from here.

Tinhampton wrote:Where may I avail myself of the Kantrian embassy policy?

For the Kantrian embassy policy you may direct yourself to me.

Look! I even made it easy for you all to find the pieces of writing I am referencing!
Last edited by Terra Inferiori Reliquere on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:43 pm

Terra Inferiori Reliquere wrote:
A Forest Clearing wrote:Glad you're no longer mincing words about this.

Kantrias has - since its founding over 11 years ago - not once claimed to be anything but Imperialist and Raider aligned.

Yes, Kantrias has always been at war with Eastasia, "Emperor" (I take it that the customary Kantrias title of King was ill-fitting to this new era).

Back in the real world, Kantrias has more than once in fact defined its imperialism as part of an independent ideological position, confirmed that it and other imperialist regions reject and do not fit within the raider-defender dichotomy, and announced that it rejects raider-defender partisanship. Identifying as imperialist did not and does not go with being raider-aligned. LKE, TNI, Albion - the chief regions that Kantrias aligned with (other than Europeia) - historically firmly told disbelieving defenders that we were not raiders. This "Raider aligned" conception of imperialism is a new terminology, not a return to a prior tradition - and certainly not any tradition that Kantrias was part of, as Kantrias postdated earlier years when categories were less well-understood.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

The Hinterplace
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hinterplace » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:46 pm

Maybe Arran Drake the Pretender should brush up on his own region’s history.
The Constitutional Monarchy of
The Hinterplace (She/Her)
Author of SC#476
My commentary is my own unless otherwise stated. a.k.a. Archangelis

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:27 pm

I feel like I should say a few things here. As foreign affair really is not my thing, I should preface this with the fact I am speaking as myself, not for Kantrias or in any official capacity.

First off, “The Pretender” is pretty uncalled for, just as Kylia passed the region to me, I passed it to Arran. There is no questioning his legal status over the region, and to be clear, I have not intention of taking the region back. Being monarch is quite frankly a lot of work, and as much as I love Kantrias I could not do it anymore.

As for what Onder says, I will agree with one of his points. In my talks with her, Kylia always defined Imperialism as a subset of independence. So where a “independent” might just see R/D as a game and do whatever is make fun, and imperialist does what they think is best to advance the goals of their region, and spread their influence. I do not think she would have defined the region as raider, as that flexibility was an important part of imperialism to her.

That said, it was mostly a flexibility in theory. I can remember one time we participated in a liberation, and really that is it. We have always had friendly relations with raider-aligned regions, and tense relations (if any at all) with defender aligned regions. I will also say when I was last trying to rebuild our military raider-aligned regions were way happier to help me than our independent allies.

At the end of that day, Kantrias has not benefited from that flexibility, so if imperialism is doing what will advance Kantrias’ goals and spread our influence, then the argument can be made that true to imperialism at this point demands we become raider-aligned. So to keep a long post from becoming longer, Arran was incorrect to say we have always defined ourselves as being raider, however the behaviour expected from the Army of the Empire of Kantias is functionally not that different from what the Royal Kantrian Army might have done.

Once again, this is my own perspective, posted just before going to bed. Feel free to correct any factual errors, or flaws in my logic and I will be happy to address them in the morning.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:37 am

If we want to get pedantic, alignment != ideology. The 11th Year Accords professed an Imperialist ideology that aligns with the ideology of Raider Unity to create areas of mutual interests and benefits.

I know I keep saying this, but the intro to that treaty really was a seriously undertook attempt to define Kantrian imperialism as contrasted to the tenets of Raider Unity.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:07 am

Onderkelkia wrote:
Terra Inferiori Reliquere wrote:Kantrias has - since its founding over 11 years ago - not once claimed to be anything but Imperialist and Raider aligned.

Yes, Kantrias has always been at war with Eastasia, "Emperor" (I take it that the customary Kantrias title of King was ill-fitting to this new era).

Back in the real world, Kantrias has more than once in fact defined its imperialism as part of an independent ideological position, confirmed that it and other imperialist regions reject and do not fit within the raider-defender dichotomy, and announced that it rejects raider-defender partisanship. Identifying as imperialist did not and does not go with being raider-aligned. LKE, TNI, Albion - the chief regions that Kantrias aligned with (other than Europeia) - historically firmly told disbelieving defenders that we were not raiders. This "Raider aligned" conception of imperialism is a new terminology, not a return to a prior tradition - and certainly not any tradition that Kantrias was part of, as Kantrias postdated earlier years when categories were less well-understood.

And here we see it, the ancient law; once Onder (the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful, Ruler of All that Exists) has made up his mind, what he says is: nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum, amen.

Of course, if the astute reader were to actually check the links which Onder has provided, they would notice that the first makes only one reference to 'Independence' and that it is not in relation to Kantrias at all ("Europeia is the modern paragon and leading power of Independence"). That leaves us with a dispatch of a nearly-decade-old document published by North East Somerset, a nation whose primary claim to fame is lying to both sides of the Milograd TSP coup in an attempt to further his own interests in the region, and we are expected to take its contents at face value.

In reality Onder is a member of a doddering and insignificant faction, trying to project force where they can project none through sheer force of will and the hopes that modern GP will be cowed by the power they had before most of today's active individuals had begun NS at all. Any shred of relevance has disappeared like the grass which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, but we are instructed to observe what an excellent field they have presently cultivated. They demand to be taken seriously, they say "Kantrias Was" and it must be so.

Such tired claims hardly even deserve an initial rebuttal, yet everyone knows full well that they will be repeated incessantly, and that each repetition will come with a demand that the most recent iteration be given the same respect as the first, such is the tired strategy of the imperialists. But the question that they themselves cannot answer is "Why bother?"
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The Hinterplace
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hinterplace » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:50 am

I don't even know why Kantrias has subsumed Arda when they can't even keep up their own region. By all accounts, Kantrias has been near death for quite a long time.
The Constitutional Monarchy of
The Hinterplace (She/Her)
Author of SC#476
My commentary is my own unless otherwise stated. a.k.a. Archangelis

Improper Classifications
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Improper Classifications » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:52 am

The Hinterplace wrote:I don't even know why Kantrias has subsumed Arda when they can't even keep up their own region. By all accounts, Kantrias has been near death for quite a long time.

They've gone from 86 to 125 nations over the past month alone. Who are you asking for this information
Former Acolyte of Malice
Founder and Champion of Voidcall, Conqueror of Majesty and Pentarchs.
Legally proscribed in The South Pacific under On Concord.
The Imperial Federation of Improper Classifications

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay