NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - Euro Condemns Attack By Occupied Ally

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ambrella
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 am

EBC Radio: Live Show Incoming
Today at 2pm EST (about 20 minutes from now)
http://mixlr.com/ebc-radio/

HEM will be joining me (Sopo) for a radio show discussing region building as a part of UCR Con. Please tune in and get ready with questions!

Miss the show? Catch the recording (apologies for the poor audio quality with HEM at points): http://mixlr.com/ebc-radio/showreel/ucr-con-region-building/
Last edited by Ambrella on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sopo, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Europeia, Councillor of Londinium.

Ambrella
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Call for Declaration of War Against the New Pacific Order

Postby Ambrella » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Call for Declaration of War Against the New Pacific Order

Europeia has not issued a declaration of war since 2009, nearly 10 years ago. In many ways, NationStates is not suited to war and prolonged conflict. How one wins and one loses is oft defined by writers of history rather than meaningful, tangible victories. Success is often difficult to grasp, as wars are fought by the pen as much as they are by the sword.

Why, then, would a well-established, even-keeled, and open-minded region such as ours ever go to war? Because we are gravely threatened by something. Not an army marching to our doorstep, but an existential threat. Because at the very core of our enemy is an ideology that demeans our stature as a region and questions our very right to exist, let alone co-exist

Francoism dictates the superiority of Game Created Regions, the inferiority of User Created Regions, and the necessary dichotomy between members of the two: feederites and userites. Yet this has not stopped the New Pacific Order from subjugating the region of St. Abbaddon, which we recently attempted to free and return to native nation, Topid, alongside our friends and allies. Nor has it stopped the New Pacific Order from attempting to subjugate fellow GCRs, including seizing the delegacy of Lazarus and conducting espionage against The North Pacific and the Black Hawks. Just tonight, we received word that two long-time members of Osiris were actually pseudonyms for NPO leaders. This consistent level of subversion, both of GCRs and UCRs, is unacceptable.

We have tolerated and even attempted to find common ground with The Pacific over the years, but the NPO has made it clear that they cannot peacefully coexist with Europeia in their declaration of war against The Black Hawks, “Henceforth, the New Pacific Order will actively conduct military operations against TBH and its interests. However, the Order is not a defender organization; raider organizations that refuses [sic] to cooperate with TBH will not be opposed by us in their R/D [Raid/Defend] operations.” As The Black Hawks are one of Europeia’s closest military partners, we fall squarely into the New Pacific Order’s threat of hostility. We will not tolerate it, and we will respond in kind.

Therefore, I am formally seeking a Declaration of War from the Europeian Senate against The Pacific, a declaration which will enshrine in our region what we already know to be true: that the New Pacific Order and its dangerous ideology is a threat to not only our community and our fundamental values but to regions of all stripes; and action must be taken to counter their aggression. Europeia will always stand for freedom, democracy, and equality, and today that means standing firmly and clearly against an enemy that detests all three.

President of Europeia
Last edited by Ambrella on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sopo, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Europeia, Councillor of Londinium.

Reventus Koth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Good luck, President. We in The Black Hawks of course recognize the situation you've been placed in by the New Pacific Order and admire the strong statement.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:30 pm

A strong and wise move by the President of Europeia, and one which I personally support as a foreign observer. The New Pacific Order must burn.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormactopia Prime
Founder of the Republic of Thalassia

Justin Amash for President | "The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." - Edmund Burke

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Brittania-Byzantine
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 28, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Brittania-Byzantine » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:13 pm

It's nice to see Euro standing up to NPO and its bullshit. Let us hope for the best, and that we can crush this menace once and for all.
Last edited by Brittania-Byzantine on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kranostav
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kranostav » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:12 am

A strong statement I can appreciate, glad to see you stand firmly in your boots.
The North Pacific Minister of World Assembly Affairs
The WA El-eats Chef of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:50 am

Now this is a spicy meatball. Why not wait until after the Senate actually approves it though, it's not like the legislative process is very long in Europeia.
Warden-Commander of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Proud native of Hell.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:06 am

Altmoras wrote:Now this is a spicy meatball. Why not wait until after the Senate actually approves it though, it's not like the legislative process is very long in Europeia.

Probably because the minute he requested a war declaration from the Europeian Senate, someone would have leaked it and the spin doctors of GP would go to work framing the narrative against Europeia. Better to not be caught off guard with a leak, spun to misrepresent what you're doing.

Personally, I applaud Sopo for learning from the mistakes of the IJCC's launch and framing this exactly the way Europeia wants it framed from the start.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormactopia Prime
Founder of the Republic of Thalassia

Justin Amash for President | "The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." - Edmund Burke

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Kavagrad
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kavagrad » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:29 am

Oh my. This really has backfired on the NPO. They out here doin' things.

Anyone willing to guess who's next?
Claorica wrote:It's leftists like this that really warm me up to Hoppe's idea of physical removal
Sobriety & Anti-Fascism

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:33 am

Kavagrad wrote:Oh my. This really has backfired on the NPO. They out here doin' things.

My bet's on Osiris declaring war on the NPO since they just got a valid casus belli.

Kavagrad
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kavagrad » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:42 am

Bedetopia wrote:
Kavagrad wrote:Oh my. This really has backfired on the NPO. They out here doin' things.

My bet's on Osiris declaring war on the NPO since they just got a valid casus belli.

Oh, let's see some GCR vs. GCR conflict!
Claorica wrote:It's leftists like this that really warm me up to Hoppe's idea of physical removal
Sobriety & Anti-Fascism

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:19 am

I think I've just discovered why it's a bad idea to moonlight in other nation sim games that actually have war mechanics.
The Avengrynkhal Ascendant of Klaus Devestatorie

Roavin
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:21 am

Bedetopia wrote:

(somewhat OT to this particular thread, but...) While that reveal obviously looks bad for NPO, especially wrt Osi, TSP, and Laz both pre and post Imki — I'm not yet willing to pass judgement, because Feux/AMOM/etc. admitted to it freely on NSGP Discord and claimed it was them having fun, not NPO sanctioned. I'm anxious to see how this develops.
RoavinInterim Minister of Foreign Affairs of the South Pacific

“Better die a Cormac than live an Onder.”

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW

Devi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Devi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:32 am

Roavin wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

(somewhat OT to this particular thread, but...) While that reveal obviously looks bad for NPO, especially wrt Osi, TSP, and Laz both pre and post Imki — I'm not yet willing to pass judgement, because Feux/AMOM/etc. admitted to it freely on NSGP Discord and claimed it was them having fun, not NPO sanctioned. I'm anxious to see how this develops.

Because they'd definitely admit it was on order from higher-ups if that was the case :roll:
-Devi;

probably an ebil raider.

Yokiria
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:36 am

Europeia's harsh words regarding Feux and others' actions in Osiris is very much appreciated. Best of luck in your conflict.
~ As the waves crash high,
Former Guardian of Osiris

and the shoreline disappears,
I will scream to the sky...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

"Hey, people live here!".~

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:40 am

Roavin wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

I doubt the NPO can invoke plausible deniability in the current political atmosphere.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:44 am

Devi wrote:
Roavin wrote:

Because they'd definitely admit it was on order from higher-ups if that was the case :roll:

When they started with that stuff Ivan was still Emperor, and that doesn't really seem like the kind of thing he'd sanction while he was rebuilding NPO's image after NLO. Total speculation on my part, but those are my 2c.
Warden-Commander of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Proud native of Hell.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:45 am

Roavin wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

What? Ofc they claimed it was them having fun: they were caught either way, and would totally say their superirors approved, making their home region even more disliked. And even if it was just them, why the hell does the NPO still tolerate them? If the NPO truly cares for it's allies, they would all have been banned already. There is simply no possible way to make this look good anymore: either you have the NPO infiltrating fellow GCRs, or you have the NPO refuse to ban their members who are spying on fellow GCRs. In both cases, the NPO approves of the actions, or at least tolerates it.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:49 am

Roavin wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

"Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!" ~ Trump
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Roavin
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:55 am

Solorni wrote:
Roavin wrote:

"Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!" ~ Trump

I deliberately phrased it that way and not as "we'll see what happens" because I specifically didn't want to give you in particular that bait to latch on to. Looks like you didn't even need the bait. :roll:
RoavinInterim Minister of Foreign Affairs of the South Pacific

“Better die a Cormac than live an Onder.”

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:03 am

Roavin wrote:
Solorni wrote:"Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!" ~ Trump

I deliberately phrased it that way and not as "we'll see what happens" because I specifically didn't want to give you in particular that bait to latch on to. Looks like you didn't even need the bait. :roll:

It's not my fault your response reminded me of a recent news article I read!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Bdurham07
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bdurham07 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:08 am

Solorni wrote:
Roavin wrote:

It's not my fault your response reminded me of a recent news article I read!

It does seem like it's right out of a news article
Osiris Sub-Vizier of gameside affairs

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
~Oscar Wilde

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Benjabobaria » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:30 am

The division of players based on the game mechanics of their regions is a disgusting political agenda with a foundation of absurdity. Death to Francoism.
The subversion of many regions by the NPO, most recently Osiris, is absolutely unacceptable. I wish you the best of luck!
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:36 am

Roavin wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

It does make Lazarene history more interesting at least, if Stujenske was Kowassati:
Kowassati/Stujenske | Sovereign/Grandee Secretary | January 30 - February 9, 2017 | Humane Republic of Lazarus - Celestial Union
Kowassati/Stujenske* | Sovereign | February 9 - 16, 2017 | Celestial Union
Basically Stujenske was banned during this time, thus it was an illegal delegacy and citizenship that no one knew about.

Holds silly opinions on some things, and likes animals of all kinds, including the scary ones.
Pro: Individualism, Humanism, Human Rights, Internationalism & Free Markets, Democracy, Decentralization, and Treaty of Sèvres.
Against: Social Conservatism, Religious Extremism, Extreme Nationalism, Racism, Homo/Trans phobia, Authoritarianism.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:30 pm

NPO delenda est!
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay