NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - In Solidarity

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon May 14, 2018 5:48 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:You do you.

People having a fit about the festival now tallies at:

1 Christian Democrats
1 Nazi
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:You do you.

1 Christian Democrats
1 Nazi

If that is how you want to interpret it then do so.

EDIT: I do take offense about the Nazi thing though. My last political compass told me I am a Stalinist.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:People having a fit about the festival now tallies at:

1 Christian Democrats
1 Nazi

EDIT: I do take offense about the Nazi thing though. My last political compass told me I am a Stalinist.

I think it has more to do with your region which has prominent NS Nazis playing a large role in.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon May 14, 2018 8:40 am

Solorni wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:If that is how you want to interpret it then do so.

I think it has more to do with your region which has prominent NS Nazis playing a large role in.

Aw, I didn't think anyone other than the Captain was prominent among us.

Tbh, I was pretty sure the Captain has been explaining himself at great length to various NS communist, liberals, conservatives, nazis etc. why he is not Nazi anymore so I think he'd be a bit miffed if you referred to him as prominent NS Nazi rather than prominent NS ex-Nazi.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:People having a fit about the festival now tallies at:

1 Christian Democrats
1 Nazi

Okay, here, I'll modify Tim's comment

1 Christian Democrats
1 Woodhouse Loyalist
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:If that is how you want to interpret it then do so.

Okay, here, I'll modify Tim's comment

1 Christian Democrats
1 Woodhouse Loyalist

If the forums had a like button, I'd request a half a like button.

Btw, I was not intending to use the third definition of You do you in this thread but apparently everyone is mistaking me for doing so.

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:59 am

Hi folks, I just wanted to post here in my capacity as Minister of Foreign Affairs in Europeia to let you know that, per direct order of the President, the Europeian Government intends to shutter this embassy and begin moving to a new one -- which we hope to post ASAP. Thanks!
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

Swift Sure
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Sure » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Check out our brand new forums!

After a period of transitioning to new forums, people are starting to get used to them and you should come check them out! They are pretty cool and have a lot of features that our old Zetaboards forums did not. It is a great way to experience the political simulation that Europeia provides. We would love to hear your thoughts on them :)
Rach, Minister of Foreign Affairs for Europeia
Queen of Balder

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 pm

So will Europeia continue to use this embassy, or will it be abandoned like previously announced?

As for the new forums, they have some neat functions. I still like old Zetaboards forum aesthetic more, but it is unfortunately gone. Oh well.
Paulus Asteorra

Swift Sure
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Sure » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:08 am

Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote:So will Europeia continue to use this embassy, or will it be abandoned like previously announced?

As far as I know, we will still be using this one. There was some internal politics about the embassy, but as it stands I think we will be keeping it for now.

Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote:As for the new forums, they have some neat functions. I still like old Zetaboards forum aesthetic more, but it is unfortunately gone. Oh well

I agree although I think I'll eventually like these forums more. It's really about getting used to them. I mean I spent years on various ZB forums and prior to that IF...and that transition was not as different as this one. So it will take time :)
Queen of Balder

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

On Osiris

Postby Ambrella » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 pm

My fellow Europeians and assorted NSers,

Yesterday, the Osiris Fraternal Order gave public notice to the Republic of Europeia of their intention to immediately withdraw from our Treaty of Friendship and end our alliance. While we want to publicly acknowledge what happened, we don't want to relitigate the issue.

This is a regrettable end to a promising relationship. While my Administration does not agree with every characterization Osiris has made in their public remarks—and we have already pushed back on some of them publicly as a matter of record—it would do a great disservice to our region and our reputation if we did not accept our share of the blame in this affair.

After all, in many ways, Europeia and Osiris share similar founding characteristics.

We were both forged in fire and chaotic turmoil.

We both are filled with noble citizens who will defend their region’s honor, or indeed its right to exist, to the end.

We are both often underestimated on the world stage (many have prophesized the decline and death of both regions). And we are both proud, perhaps sometimes to a fault.

But our pride should not blind us to the truth, and that truth is that Europeia’s leadership failed Osiris. It is unacceptable that their government received no response to their inquiries of our leaders. It is unacceptable that, as allies, we did not prioritize their concerns and craft a speedy response. It is unacceptable that this situation was allowed to transpire.

Part of the beauty and pain of democracy is that new leaders can come to power who don’t stand by the actions of their predecessors. Regardless of that, Europeia is still one region. We are still one people. We all own our greatest accomplishments and our greatest mistakes.

Now comes the hard part. As we are renewing ourselves domestically as a region, we also must renew ourselves to our allies. We hope to work more closely and with greater purpose with all of our friends abroad. I have never been more confident that we will all be better together—and I look forward to making that happen.

President of Europeia
Last edited by Ambrella on Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Pardon me, I'm a bit out of the loop on one particular detail. Is WritingLegend still the Commanding Officer of the ERN?
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Pardon me, I'm a bit out of the loop on one particular detail. Is WritingLegend still the Commanding Officer of the ERN?

No, Writinglegend has not been commanding officer of the ERN in quite some time. If you are referring to the composition of the IJCC leadership, that is something we will be addressing after the forthcoming referendum and elections (assuming I get re-elected and my two-day term doesn't end here :p ).
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Personally, rather glad to hear the hopefully renewed commitment :)

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ryccia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Good to see Europeia responsibly taking the blame, and trying to repair relations with good faith. You don't see humility from NSGP governments often, or so far as I am aware of. Europeia has done an amazing job for that.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Good job, Euro.
Speaking as myself, obviously.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Sopo just won Osiran of the year 2018. :bow:
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Sopo, thank you for responding to this more maturely and with more diplomatic decorum than most others have thus far.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Great statement from the president

Swift Sure
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Sure » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 am

There is currently a Presidential election going on with voting to occur this Friday. The two tickets for President/Vice President are Izzy/Rachael & Sopo/Pierce. We had a Vice Presidential debate a couple days ago and are going to have a Presidential debate tonight on the discord. There has been a fair bit of media attention on the campaigns thus far:

Aex's Grumps: Christmas in September: Europeian Presidential Election [Election Polling]
E-News Network: In Close Decision, ENN Panelists Say Pierce Wins The VP Debate
Queen of Balder

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Omg things are happening!!

Postby King HEM » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:45 pm

03 October 2018

Government of Europeia

President: Sopo
Vice President: Pierce
Chancellory: Supreme Chancellor Lethen, Vice Chancellor Drecq, and Vice Chancellor Deepest House

Grand Admiral: Calvin Coolidge
Foreign Affairs: HEM
Interior: GraVandius
Culture: Jay
Communications: Punchwood
Radio: Kuramia
World Assembly: Aexnidaral Seymour
Attorney General: Drecq

President Sopo wins commanding victory

President Sopo who ascended to Europeia's 34 Goldenblock Avenue after the resignation of President Drexlore for real-life events has won his own mandate in a commanding victory with 76.4% of the vote.

Sopo was widely seen as a stabilizing force in Europeia after the resignation of President Ervald, the ascension of Vice President Drexlore, and his eventual resignation as well. Sopo was challenged in the election by former Foreign Affairs Minister Izzy, who was gracious in defeat, saying: "I would like to start by giving my heartfelt congratulations to President Sopo and Vice President Pierce on their election victory. They ran a great campaign that has inspired so many and that I was proud to be up against."

For his part, Sopo delivered a short but boldly inspirational speech (uh, he didn't force me to say that...), promising bright days ahead for the region.

"The road ahead is not without challenges, but I am optimistic about the future of Europeia. We have seen our nation count ascend again, new members joining the forum and discord, and committed individuals dedicating themselves to government service. [...] One thing I’ve learned is that we, as a region, work better when we work as a team. We each bring different skills and experiences to the table, and there is a place for all of us."

Sopo has nominated his Cabinet for the Senate's consideration, all of whom have now been confirmed by the august body. Even the new Foreign Affairs Minister who appears, at first glance, to be extremely [s]in[/s]competent. More news to follow...

Europeia's Senate considers reforms

While executive elections were roaring in the region, Europeia's Senate was hard at work considering a series of reforms that would actually abolish themselves (??) and establish a People's Assembly to serve as the new legislative body. In addition to moving to an Assembly-based model, the reforms also call for a split in the executive branch with internal affairs being handled by a Premier and foreign affairs staying with the President.

In recent regional polling, a vast majority favor some kind of reform, but the particular variety is still up for debate. Over 500 posts have been made on the topic of reform, so hopefully some final decisions are on the horizon!

ImageImageImage
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm

It's been said already but Sopo's statement regarding Europeia\Osiris relations was excellent and showed a lot of grace.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Congratulations to Sopo on his victory in the presidential election, and good luck to Europeia with its reform project. Hope it turns out well.

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 am

King HEM wrote:Even the new Foreign Affairs Minister who appears, at first glance, to be extremely [s]in[/s]competent. More news to follow...

This is great if intentional :P

Thanks for the update.
Paulus Asteorra

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:31 am

Christian Democrats wrote:If Gay were hosting a gay pride event, I wouldn't have posted a comment or given the matter a second thought. When I saw that Europeia was hosting such an event, however, I felt that it would be appropriate to make a semi-disdainful post -- first on TRR's forums, then here. This event obviously isn't about being inclusive or diverse, and it obviously isn't open to people of all ideologies and beliefs (as it falsely claims). It isn't even about gay pride. (Just look at the two flags featured in the event's logo.) It's about Europeia, like always.

Bit late to the party - Several major members of Gay were involve with the event & we would gladly consider co-hosting any future pride events

Congratulations to Sopo for winning the election.
Personally I'm more curious as to what Jay will accomplish as culture minister (..considering the above post by CD)
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay