NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - In Solidarity

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Castenor
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Castenor » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:38 am

Another blow to BOM. Caer Sidi should really consider who they're partnering with, and how it affects their established allies, before signing a treaty with probably the most hated region in the game. CS is a good region and deserves their commendation, but they also deserve better than BOM. Reading Valtarre celebrate the termination of CS's alliance with Europeia makes it clear how much they care about CS and its best interests.
he/him
Officer of Foreign Affairs, The Free Nations Federation
Chief Justice, The Free Nations Federation

User avatar
Timiskrane
Envoy
 
Posts: 207
Founded: Jan 22, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Timiskrane » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:58 am

Castenor wrote:Another blow to BOM. Caer Sidi should really consider who they're partnering with, and how it affects their established allies, before signing a treaty with probably the most hated region in the game. CS is a good region and deserves their commendation, but they also deserve better than BOM. Reading Valtarre celebrate the termination of CS's alliance with Europeia makes it clear how much they care about CS and its best interests.

I don't follow with how BoM is a looser in any aspect of this situation. Certainly you could make a case CS is at a net loss bc of this (I wouldn't though), but BoM literally only gained from it. And I don't think you could find much better, in terms of RP partners then BoM. (Again, remember, this is just an RP agreement that people are making a fuss about).
You can call me Timi. drago.e on discord.

United Regions Alliance Ex-Cabinet. Retired CSC Officer and CK MoFA.
Other stuff I do here

User avatar
Devious
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 134
Founded: Oct 07, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Devious » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:20 am

Timiskrane wrote:
Castenor wrote:Another blow to BOM. Caer Sidi should really consider who they're partnering with, and how it affects their established allies, before signing a treaty with probably the most hated region in the game. CS is a good region and deserves their commendation, but they also deserve better than BOM. Reading Valtarre celebrate the termination of CS's alliance with Europeia makes it clear how much they care about CS and its best interests.

I don't follow with how BoM is a looser in any aspect of this situation. Certainly you could make a case CS is at a net loss bc of this (I wouldn't though), but BoM literally only gained from it. And I don't think you could find much better, in terms of RP partners then BoM. (Again, remember, this is just an RP agreement that people are making a fuss about).

a euro treaty is a net negative anyway, so really CS came out ahead :blush:
||puppetmaster behind the rightful regimes of warzones sandbox, airspace, europe, australia, and africa||
||gremlin||
||oppressed gamer||
||STAND WITH BALD||

User avatar
Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 880
Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:27 am

Castenor wrote:Another blow to BOM.

I love this silly website.
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

SANCTIONED by MGC:"On Europe"

User avatar
Devious
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 134
Founded: Oct 07, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Devious » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:28 am

Angeloid Astraea wrote:
Castenor wrote:Another blow to BOM.

I love this silly website.

Another victory for the Khanate!
||puppetmaster behind the rightful regimes of warzones sandbox, airspace, europe, australia, and africa||
||gremlin||
||oppressed gamer||
||STAND WITH BALD||

User avatar
Omnicontrol
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 459
Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Omnicontrol » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:39 am

Castenor wrote:probably the most hated region in the game.


Europeia is the treaty being repealed, not the one being newly signed with strictly roleplay implications.
the sun is a deadly laser
United Calanworie wrote:It only is "absent" in F7 because nobody previews their posts because they're trying to move at the speed of mach fuck to not get ninjd.


Reventus Koth wrote:you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table


Mlakhavia wrote:TCB arent fascists, we are simply the People
the People have a Stick
We use it to Whack piddly rightist frontiers


United Calanworie wrote:Us mods don't do shit.


[violet] wrote:lol


United Calanworie wrote:what in tarnation

User avatar
Arstotskiano
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 192
Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Arstotskiano » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:11 pm

Castenor wrote:Another blow to BOM. Caer Sidi should really consider who they're partnering with, and how it affects their established allies, before signing a treaty with probably the most hated region in the game. CS is a good region and deserves their commendation, but they also deserve better than BOM. Reading Valtarre celebrate the termination of CS's alliance with Europeia makes it clear how much they care about CS and its best interests.

I do not see at all how this is a blow to BoM. This is just Europeia showing once more that they are an unreliable ally that will leave you if you even tap the people they don’t like. A purely role play treaty resulting in Europeia losing an ally feels more like a net gain for BoM.
[violet] wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:Sobbing openly

Hooray!
Arstotskiano version 94, Fmr. Chief Operating Officer, Surveyor, Esquire, Fmr. Deputy Director of Security, Fmr. Director of Public Relations, Supreme Intercessor, Harbinger, Destruction Incarnate, Most Influential Warzoner 2023, former Colonial Vice-Governor of Multiversal Oateria, Destroyer of Oklahoma, Mailbox, World’s Shittiest Alchemist Ever, RMB Mod, Man-at-Arms, Cavalier, Caporegime, Third Class Rook

User avatar
Sporaltryus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sporaltryus » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:44 pm

Arstotskiano wrote:A purely role play treaty

Valtarre wrote:Article 2
The signatories agree not to partake in hostilities against each other. Each signatory understands that violation of this article could result in the dissolution of this treaty.
  1. Hostilities and hostile actions shall be defined as any organizing of a raid directly on the other signatory, participating in a raid directly on the other signatory, conducting espionage, or engaging in subterfuge, etc.

Not sure why a "purely role play treaty" would have this article, but go off, I guess.
Sporaltryus/ProfessorHenn
Minister of Foreign Affairs of NationStates' Oldest Democracy
they/him

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7290
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:47 pm

Sporaltryus wrote:
Arstotskiano wrote:A purely role play treaty

Valtarre wrote:Article 2
The signatories agree not to partake in hostilities against each other. Each signatory understands that violation of this article could result in the dissolution of this treaty.
  1. Hostilities and hostile actions shall be defined as any organizing of a raid directly on the other signatory, participating in a raid directly on the other signatory, conducting espionage, or engaging in subterfuge, etc.

Not sure why a "purely role play treaty" would have this article, but go off, I guess.


>>Don't include NAP in a treaty
>>TSPers make fun of that
>>Include a boilerplate NAP
>>TSPers make fun of that

Ya can't win!!
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Volstrostia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 194
Founded: Feb 01, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Volstrostia » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Sporaltryus wrote:
Arstotskiano wrote:A purely role play treaty

Valtarre wrote:Article 2
The signatories agree not to partake in hostilities against each other. Each signatory understands that violation of this article could result in the dissolution of this treaty.
  1. Hostilities and hostile actions shall be defined as any organizing of a raid directly on the other signatory, participating in a raid directly on the other signatory, conducting espionage, or engaging in subterfuge, etc.

Not sure why a "purely role play treaty" would have this article, but go off, I guess.

Could it possibly be that a boilerplate NAP is in practically every single serious treaty ever signed in NS? Could that potentially be an explanation?
Not sure why you thought a single "yeah we won't raid eachother" clause instantly means full-scale military aid and cooperation or anything else that it doesn't, but go off I guess.
What is a defender without a raider? Nothing.
What is a raider without a defender? Successful.

Pronouns: They/Them (More detail in my pronouns.page)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Ostrovskiy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1093
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Volstrostia wrote:
Sporaltryus wrote:
Not sure why a "purely role play treaty" would have this article, but go off, I guess.

Could it possibly be that a boilerplate NAP is in practically every single serious treaty ever signed in NS? Could that potentially be an explanation?
Not sure why you thought a single "yeah we won't raid eachother" clause instantly means full-scale military aid and cooperation or anything else that it doesn't, but go off I guess.

That's moving the goalposts. Ya'll stated it was a purely roleplay treaty, and that's not true.
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Warden-Lieutenant, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

"Big R/D pipeline is stealing our twinks" - Vara, May 20th, 2024

User avatar
Sporaltryus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sporaltryus » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Volstrostia wrote:Could it possibly be that a boilerplate NAP is in practically every single serious treaty ever signed in NS? Could that potentially be an explanation?

Could it possibly be that a serious treaty with strict roleplay implications wouldn't need to include a non-aggression clause that relates to R/D? Unless there's more than roleplay at play here. . .
Last edited by Sporaltryus on Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporaltryus/ProfessorHenn
Minister of Foreign Affairs of NationStates' Oldest Democracy
they/him

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1157
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:25 pm

you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

User avatar
Timiskrane
Envoy
 
Posts: 207
Founded: Jan 22, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Timiskrane » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:32 pm

Sporaltryus wrote:
Volstrostia wrote:Could it possibly be that a boilerplate NAP is in practically every single serious treaty ever signed in NS? Could that potentially be an explanation?

Could it possibly be that a serious treaty with strict roleplay implications wouldn't need to include a non-aggression clause that relates to R/D? Unless there's more than roleplay at play here. . .

Any independent region that signs a treaty with raiders and doesn't request protection from raids out of it would be quite bad at Foreign Affairs.
You can call me Timi. drago.e on discord.

United Regions Alliance Ex-Cabinet. Retired CSC Officer and CK MoFA.
Other stuff I do here

User avatar
Improper Classifications
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1374
Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Improper Classifications » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:32 pm

Everyone’s right can we move on
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Improper Classifications
I hear hell's been better since he split!

User avatar
The Ambis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 754
Founded: Dec 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ambis » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Timiskrane wrote:
Sporaltryus wrote:Could it possibly be that a serious treaty with strict roleplay implications wouldn't need to include a non-aggression clause that relates to R/D? Unless there's more than roleplay at play here. . .

Any independent region that signs a treaty with raiders and doesn't request protection from raids out of it would be quite bad at Foreign Affairs.

No but you see, any independent roleplay region that does sign an NAP with a raider region is quite bad at foreign affairs
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

User avatar
Castenor
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Castenor » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Timiskrane wrote:And I don't think you could find much better, in terms of RP partners then BoM. (Again, remember, this is just an RP agreement that people are making a fuss about).

I didn’t know BOM did RP until this happened. In fact, if asked, I and everyone else I know would describe BOM as a “raider organization”, not an “RP region”. Also interesting how you’re talking about how BOM is the best partner one could ask for and say nothing about CS, first of all the actual RP region and second of all the region you should be pretending to care about in this situation.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:boilerplate NAP
Volstrostia wrote:boilerplate NAP

First and second time I’ve seen the term boilerplate this entire year. Seems the uniform BOM propaganda machine is trying to bring it back.

Timiskrane wrote:I don't follow with how BoM is a looser in any aspect of this situation.

Arstotskiano wrote:I do not see at all how this is a blow to BoM.

Diplomatic isolation of the kind…was it Unibot that proposed it? All the way back when BOM first revived and then started screwing with every major gp region they could.

Reventus Koth wrote:you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table

Raider Unity, Maintain a Governor, Sign a— Nevermind.
he/him
Officer of Foreign Affairs, The Free Nations Federation
Chief Justice, The Free Nations Federation

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1157
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Castenor wrote:I didn’t know BOM did RP until this happened. In fact, if asked, I and everyone else I know would describe BOM as a “raider organization”, not an “RP region”.

Your cluelessness is not an argument. Please go to the first post of the BoM embassy thread, CTRL+F "roleplay", and report back to me with how many times it appears in the first ever post, 11 years ago. Roleplay has never not been a part of our identity, you just had no interest in that aspect of our community until now.

Castenor wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table

Raider Unity, Maintain a Governor, Sign a— Nevermind.

I appreciate your effort to demonstrate how braindead the NAP argument is
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

User avatar
Improper Classifications
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1374
Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Improper Classifications » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:50 pm

Castenor wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:boilerplate NAP
Volstrostia wrote:boilerplate NAP

First and second time I’ve seen the term boilerplate this entire year. Seems the uniform BOM propaganda machine is trying to bring it back.

God forbid two people somewhat connected use the same term lest it be called a product of the propaganda machine.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Improper Classifications
I hear hell's been better since he split!

User avatar
The Ambis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 754
Founded: Dec 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ambis » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:50 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
Castenor wrote:I didn’t know BOM did RP until this happened. In fact, if asked, I and everyone else I know would describe BOM as a “raider organization”, not an “RP region”.

Your cluelessness is not an argument. Please go to the first post of the BoM embassy thread, CTRL+F "roleplay", and report back to me with how many times it appears in the first ever post, 11 years ago. Roleplay has never not been a part of our identity, you just had no interest in that aspect of our community until now.

Hi! I did it! So, the word roleplay appears three times. Want to know how many times military appears? Three.
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

User avatar
Falafelandia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 194
Founded: May 02, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Falafelandia » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:55 pm

The Ambis wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:Your cluelessness is not an argument. Please go to the first post of the BoM embassy thread, CTRL+F "roleplay", and report back to me with how many times it appears in the first ever post, 11 years ago. Roleplay has never not been a part of our identity, you just had no interest in that aspect of our community until now.

Hi! I did it! So, the word roleplay appears three times. Want to know how many times military appears? Three.

One of which is in the phrase non-military. Your lack of knowledge of the region's culture holds no valued claim.
(This is to Castenor, not Ambis. Ambis is based.)

User avatar
Improper Classifications
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1374
Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Improper Classifications » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:56 pm

The Ambis wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:Your cluelessness is not an argument. Please go to the first post of the BoM embassy thread, CTRL+F "roleplay", and report back to me with how many times it appears in the first ever post, 11 years ago. Roleplay has never not been a part of our identity, you just had no interest in that aspect of our community until now.

Hi! I did it! So, the word roleplay appears three times. Want to know how many times military appears? Three.

Sounds like they’re just about equal, and if BoM is as serious about RP as it is it’s military, whoof.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Improper Classifications
I hear hell's been better since he split!

User avatar
Castenor
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Castenor » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:59 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:I appreciate your effort to demonstrate how braindead the NAP argument is

Turning a fun little silly joke into a point to advance your ideological interests? You must be fun at parties.

Improper Classifications wrote:God forbid two people somewhat connected use the same term lest it be called a product of the propaganda machine.

There are fifteen posts in the Gameplay forum with the word “boilerplate” in them. About 10 are Souls and posts quoting Souls. Souls used the term, and then some other person with curiously the same exact political opinion used the same exact obscureish term to make the same exact point right after.
he/him
Officer of Foreign Affairs, The Free Nations Federation
Chief Justice, The Free Nations Federation

User avatar
Falafelandia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 194
Founded: May 02, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Falafelandia » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:01 pm

Castenor wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I appreciate your effort to demonstrate how braindead the NAP argument is

Turning a fun little silly joke into a point to advance your ideological interests? You must be fun at parties.
He is.

Castenor wrote:
Improper Classifications wrote:God forbid two people somewhat connected use the same term lest it be called a product of the propaganda machine.

There are fifteen posts in the Gameplay forum with the word “boilerplate” in them. About 10 are Souls and posts quoting Souls. Souls used the term, and then some other person with curiously the same exact political opinion used the same exact obscureish term to make the same exact point right after.

So your argument is the fact that two users used the word boilerplate. I have been destroyed by your facts and logic. I'll join Libcord tomorrow.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1157
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:02 pm

Castenor wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I appreciate your effort to demonstrate how braindead the NAP argument is

Turning a fun little silly joke into a point to advance your ideological interests? You must be fun at parties.

sir you literally in this post go on to dissect the exact context of every usage of the word "boilerplate" on the GP forum, i assure you that i would be more fun at most parties

In all seriousness, I didn't get the vibe you were joking since the rest of your post was pretty serious. My b :P
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TCC Dispatch Hub and Recruitment Office

Advertisement

Remove ads