NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - The Republica Accord with UDS

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9026
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:56 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're referring to a single conversation that occurred three Pharaohs and almost three years ago, when NK was not yet even Pharaoh.


Your comments about Osiris vis a vis NPO are hypocritical. Whatever negative claims you try to make about subversion are also claims against Osiris, because they routinely promoted Adytus knowing he was a fan of the art.

This is why the coalition against the NPO has had a rough time. It’s generally a bunch of people who have a history of supporting bad shit trying to condemn others for doing bad shit.
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 628
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:06 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're referring to a single conversation that occurred three Pharaohs and almost three years ago, when NK was not yet even Pharaoh.


Your comments about Osiris vis a vis NPO are hypocritical. Whatever negative claims you try to make about subversion are also claims against Osiris, because they routinely promoted Adytus knowing he was a fan of the art.

This is why the coalition against the NPO has had a rough time. It’s generally a bunch of people who have a history of supporting bad shit trying to condemn others for doing bad shit.

I like how quick you are to bash on Osiris because they'd supposedly support subverting others while you're particularly shutting up about the NPO who actually subverted others. But, priorities, I guess.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2454
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:50 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're referring to a single conversation that occurred three Pharaohs and almost three years ago, when NK was not yet even Pharaoh.


Your comments about Osiris vis a vis NPO are hypocritical. Whatever negative claims you try to make about subversion are also claims against Osiris, because they routinely promoted Adytus knowing he was a fan of the art.

This is why the coalition against the NPO has had a rough time. It’s generally a bunch of people who have a history of supporting bad shit trying to condemn others for doing bad shit.

Again, you're referring to a conversation -- not any actual actions -- that took place almost three years ago and three Pharaohs ago. It's beyond irrelevant, and not at all comparable to the numerous, serious concrete actions the NPO took against the sovereignty of several regions.

If this is the best you can do to attack Osiris and defend the NPO, perhaps you should stop doing that because you're not doing it well. Is this what TSP re-elected you to do? Spend your time attacking Osiris and engaging in whataboutism to assist the propaganda efforts of NationStates' oldest dictatorship?

It's worth noting once again that "Adytus" was Feux, whom the NPO reinstated to the Senate. So umm, maybe criticize that for a change?
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Former Everything of Everywhere, Man
Way Too Cool to Be Commended or Condemned by the Likes of Y'all

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Myrth
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Myrth » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Armaros wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Your comments about Osiris vis a vis NPO are hypocritical. Whatever negative claims you try to make about subversion are also claims against Osiris, because they routinely promoted Adytus knowing he was a fan of the art.

This is why the coalition against the NPO has had a rough time. It’s generally a bunch of people who have a history of supporting bad shit trying to condemn others for doing bad shit.

I like how quick you are to bash on Osiris because they'd supposedly support subverting others while you're particularly shutting up about the NPO who actually subverted others. But, priorities, I guess.


He was pointing out the glaring hypocrisy, not attempting to cover for the NPO's previous actions.
NPO dewenda est ;;w;;

Founded: 31st December 2002

User avatar
The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy
 
Posts: 223
Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Myrth wrote:
Armaros wrote:I like how quick you are to bash on Osiris because they'd supposedly support subverting others while you're particularly shutting up about the NPO who actually subverted others. But, priorities, I guess.


He was pointing out the glaring hypocrisy, not attempting to cover for the NPO's previous actions.

So your argument, is that, because we aren't condemning Osiris for doing bad shit, then we can't condemn the NPO for doing bad shit? Wouldn't you rather that some bad shit be condemned rather than no bad shit?

User avatar
Myrth
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Myrth » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:19 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
Myrth wrote:
He was pointing out the glaring hypocrisy, not attempting to cover for the NPO's previous actions.

So your argument, is that, because we aren't condemning Osiris for doing bad shit, then we can't condemn the NPO for doing bad shit? Wouldn't you rather that some bad shit be condemned rather than no bad shit?


Frankly I don't care as the "bad shit" is generally what makes this game interesting. What bothers me is the holier-than-thou attitude of others.
NPO dewenda est ;;w;;

Founded: 31st December 2002

User avatar
Europeian Embassy
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Jan 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Million Post Palooza!

Postby Europeian Embassy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Image


On behalf of Europeia, you are cordially invited to our Million Post Palooza from August 8th to 15th. Come join us for a romping week of wild wonder as games, spam, and stories threaten to tickle your fancy. The only thing missing is you, so hop on over to this link for a celebration of a lifetime.

On July 13th, 2019, the conclusion to the long-awaited winner of the 1 millionth post was announced, the vaulted post going to Sopo. Now Europeia joins with its allies to throw a party only a region with this many posts can.

Join us for:

  • The Infamous Hunger Games, a bloodthirsty sport of only one coming out alive
  • A Mock Trial allowing you to witness the drama of a Europeian court
  • A thread full of Memes that is sure to delight the youngest of generations
  • Read and highlight your favorite posts and threads in Europeian history
  • Join a forum version of the classic game Telephone
  • A special surprise for the last user to post in the festival
  • Spam games like "numbers," last to post, changing posts, and wish fulfillment
  • The millionth post was Sopo's, so play a fun game of #outdoSopo

Want in on the excitement? Click here. Head down to the Million Post Palooza. Say hi. While you're visiting, you can register as a foreign guest, join our Discord, and stay a while.

Europeia wishes to thank everyone who made a million posts possible. Don't let the only thing missing at the Million Post Palooza be you!

User avatar
Saint Block
Envoy
 
Posts: 229
Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:10 pm

That’s the best you can offer after one million posts? Wow.

User avatar
Bowzin
Envoy
 
Posts: 259
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bowzin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Saint Block wrote:That’s the best you can offer after one million posts? Wow.

What did you want from them? $1 million?
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| Statsminister of Balder |
Want to know my whole story? Check my Resume Dispatch

User avatar
Primorye Oblast
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jan 02, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Primorye Oblast » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:04 am

Image


This morning, our regional leadership was contacted by a Vizier of The East Pacific to provide aid during their delegate transition to Marrabuk, the recently elected Delegate. Per our treaty obligations, we gave the order to our Navy to proceed to the region to aid in their transition. As our sailors were proceeding in their orders, several members of the ERN were ejected and banned from the region by Regional Officer Funkadelia, who had been given Border Control privileges by outgoing delegate, Fedele. This happened after Grand Admiral HEM clearly identified the forces and mission to outgoing delegate Fedele.

This hostile action against a treatied ally aiding in a lawful delegate transition is unwarranted and unacceptable. We demand an immediate response to these actions or we will be forced to assume Fedele is at the helm of an illegal regime no longer bound by East Pacific law or treaties.

Yours,
Comrade Prim
Chief of State of Europeia
Last edited by Primorye Oblast on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Prim --

Associate Justice in Europeia
Citizen of Europeia
Citizen of The Communist Bloc

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 287
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:14 am

If not before, it is now clear beyond a shadow of a doubt with the ejection of the lawful Delegate-elect that the rightful government of The East Pacific has been overthrown, and replaced by an illegal, unethical regime willing to violate international law and attack their allies.

Europeia stands against this illegal, absurd, regime.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Numero Capitan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 486
Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Numero Capitan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:30 am

The right actions taken at the right time

Individuals associating themselves with the unlawful regime should strongly consider the implications of continuing to align themselves with the likes of Fedele, Funk and others responsible for these actions. The time to choose is now
A WORLD POWER:
Peace through Defence


Moderators think I'm Erinor, raiders think I'm Ursidae

00000 A World Power | The South Pacific | Conch Kingdom

User avatar
ArenaC
Envoy
 
Posts: 291
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby ArenaC » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 am

Numero Capitan wrote:The right actions taken at the right time

Individuals associating themselves with the unlawful regime should strongly consider the implications of continuing to align themselves with the likes of Fedele, Funk and others responsible for these actions. The time to choose is now

Secession chance: High
The Commonwealth of ArenaC
the 2020 Laughingstock of the World Assembly LOTWA

my (WA) views do not represent my region and should never be interpreted as such. get angry at me. not the region. just me. ...of course if it involves me.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6094
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 pm

King HEM wrote:If not before, it is now clear beyond a shadow of a doubt with the ejection of the lawful Delegate-elect that the rightful government of The East Pacific has been overthrown, and replaced by an illegal, unethical regime willing to violate international law and attack their allies.

Not for much longer ;)
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Pichtonia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Apr 13, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pichtonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:51 pm

It fills me with pride that my region is supporting the rightful, democratic choice of TEP. To see their community fight back live has been very inspiring.

Thank you, Prim.
Chief of State of Europeia

User avatar
Ambrella
Envoy
 
Posts: 272
Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Want to know what's been going on in Europeia lately? Here's your blurb for December 3.

On November 18, polls opened in what would prove to be among Europeia's most exciting elections. Four tickets stood for first minister and second minister, positions created by the executive split earlier this year, leaders of the domestic executive. In the first round of voting, former President Calvin Coolidge (Calvin) and former Grand Admiral Rachael led the pack with 17 votes, followed closely by Minister of Culture Dax and Minister of Communications Istillian with 13. The tickets led by Olde Delaware and cuddles received 6 and 5 votes respectively. In the runoff, Dax maintained a slight lead until the final moments of the election, when 3 votes for Calvin made it a tie. The election then went to the Senate, and, after a few nail-biting days, the Senate voted 5-4, electing Calvin the next first minister.

Calvin had this to say: "The opportunity to lead a region like Europeia is always an immense honor, and having earned the trust of the Europeian public in one of our closest elections ever, just goes to show how much we care about our institutions and our path forward. I hope I can take this trust and turn it into a vibrant and productive term."

For more on the recent election, check out First Minister Election November 2019: A Recapitulation in the EBC.
Last edited by Ambrella on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sopo, denizen of Europeia.

User avatar
Maowisia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Maowisia » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:50 am

If you're curious about recent events in Europeia, here's your December 9 blurb to keep you up to date.

As a result of Calvin Coolidge's success in last month's first minister election, his Senate seat was vacated, prompting the calling of a by-election to fill the seat for the remaining three weeks of the term. The standing period was declared on November 23, with two candidates - Xecrio and Bowzin - announcing their candidacy and posting their platforms the following day; Izzy joined the race three days later. The election took place amid region-wide debate about the value of "private ballots" - i.e. the concealment of voting tallies until the vote is over - to prevent deliberate causing of torturously long voting periods such as that in the last first minister election, which, after a tied run-off, was taken to the Senate. Opponents to the strategy argue that it saps elections of their customary Europeian excitement, and that tactical voting can indeed be a valid voting method, while those in favour believe it to provide a different but equal kind of excitement as well as reducing stress for candidates.

In an attempt to inform the debate, the Chancellery decided to try out a private ballot for this election: Europeians taking to the polls on November 29 were unable to view vote tallies for the three candidates. Responses were generally fairly divided, with many commenting on a lack of excitement - of which there arguably wouldn't have been much anyway, given its nature as a by-election - but when they were at last provided, the results certainly heightened interest in the race: Bowzin earned 44.1% of the vote, Izzy 23.5%, and Xecrio 26.5% (with the rest going to Re-Open Elections), bringing Bowzin and Xecrio to a run-off. This took place immediately after the conclusion of the first vote.

HEM's article for the Europeian News Network, cashing in on the opportunities provided by the ambiguity of a private ballot, provided a results projection based on an exit poll on the by-election which was proved to be almost exactly accurate: the final victor was Bowzin, with twenty two votes to Xecrio's fifteen. Taking his place in an already large and active Senate, a good performance here from first-time Senator Bowzin would stand him in excellent stead should he run in the upcoming general election, as he has indicated he will. A commendable performance from all candidates, however, certainly made this by-election exciting to follow, whether or not the private ballot emerged from it more popular an idea than before.
First Minister of Europeia

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 287
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Image
Re: The North Pacific // Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
from the desk of the Chief
19 January 2020


It has come to light that the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators, under the leadership of their founder and Viceroy Jocospor, has attempted to overthrow our allied government in The North Pacific in a clumsy, multi-agent espionage mission.

There can be no doubt that The North Pacific’s role as a leader against fascist, nazi, and collaborator regions contributed to them being targeted by Jocospor’s regime. His desire to turn The North Pacific into a puppet state of his far-right Confederacy was apparently motivated, in part, by their presence on The North Pacific’s auto-telegram program that warns nations against joining fascist regions.

While the Confederation’s infiltration attempts were sloppy — some might go as far as to say “buffoonish” — The Republic of Europeia takes any offensive action against our treated allies extremely seriously. Even cartoonish coups and attempts at subversion occasionally succeed, which is why we condemn these acts in the strongest of terms.

Viceroy Jocospor has responded to these events by complaining about the “hysteria” and the fact he can’t extend his apparent LOA as planned (??) and instead must deal with this mess of his own creation. His desire to host some sort of conference to discuss the irrefutable evidence of his espionage is a bemusing response, and The Republic has no intention of engaging with any discussions with The Confederacy.

Ordinarily, The Republic would tag Jocospor and his collaborators in this mission as persona non grata. However, as Europeia already holds fascist regions and fascist collaborators under blacklist status such a declaration would be redundant. However, as Jocospor is a periodic author of World Assembly resolutions, Europeia does signal our intent to oppose any proposal penned by Jocospor indefinitely.

The Republic has communicated our support to the Delegate of The North Pacific and expressed our willingness to give any aid or comfort that is necessary. We look forward to the best revenge of this nonsense being The North Pacific’s continued success.

Signed,
Image
HEM
Chief of State
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
McMasterdonia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 948
Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Thank you for the statement, HEM and Europeia. We appreciate Europeia’s continued support and friendship.
Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
General of The North Pacific Army
Minister of Culture (Ret.)
Minister for Education (Ret.)
Security Councillor (Ret.)
Minister for Defence (Ret.)
Minister For Communications (Ret.)
Minister for Welcoming(Ret.)
Minister for Foreign Affairs(Ret.)
Former Delegate of The North Pacific x 7
Vice Delegate of the North Pacific (Ret.)

Authored Security Council Resolutions

User avatar
Pichtonia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Apr 13, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pichtonia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:00 am

The Europeian Wire: Edition One

Recruiting Contest Underway: Will HEM finally succeed at something?
By Sopo

Minister of Interior Rand announced a new 1v1 recruiting contest on January 5 to kick off the new year. With 12 initial participants including First Minister Calvin Coolidge and Chief of State HEM, one question remains: will HEM finally succeed at something? The Europeian founder and general meme-ified punching bag is thus far facing tough competition from his first week’s foe, Rachael. All eyes are on HEM to see if he can finally manage not to screw things up the way he screwed up our miraculously enduring 13-year old region.

The City-State of Arnhelm
By Prim

Over the past few months, Europeia has been working on its newest addition to the legislative arena, the City-State of Arnhelm. This new independent legislative body is a mix of legislative training ground and Real-Life political simulation. Every citizen of Europeia who joins the City Council can discuss real-life legislation, vote on bills and ordinances, propose a budget, elect the mayor, or even become the city manager through crafty legislative maneuvering. Arnhelm is open for creative role-players and serious policy wonks alike!

Invading Iran: Living the Trumpian Dream
By Sopo

Supporting our allies in The North Pacific, Europeia is proud to be engaged in a hold of Iran, commended region and generally non-controversial vacation spot. While real-world drama surrounds the region’s namesake, Europeian sailors are enjoying their stay. This marks the second hold operation for Europeia since Chief of State HEM and Grand Admiral Bowzin took office, with Iran following a successful week-long Europeia-led hold of North Ustaynga.

A Yule Ball Yule Be Sad Yule Missed
By Xecrio/Nate

Europeians brought out the festivity in the weeks surrounding Christmas with the launch of the Yule Ball. A successor event to perhaps Europeia’s most successful festival of all time in 2014, Christmas again merged with Harry Potter, a favorite Europeian theme. Citizens spent time in their Hogwarts houses while playing a variety of festive games to truly get them in the Christmas mood. Hogwarts House Spam Points dominated the spam games, with Ravenclaw wiping the floor with the competition. After perhaps a bit too much holiday cheer, some people simply refused to leave the server…

Read the full event recap from the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation here.

Best of the EBC

  • Former Minister of Communications Istillian explores returning to Europeia after a hiatus.
  • Attorney General Prim examines the concept of Mens Rea after the conclusion of Europeia v. Bri Shakespeare.
  • First Minister Calvin Coolidge summarizes the importance of Europeia’s radio efforts.
Chief of State of Europeia

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 287
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 pm

who approved this headline?????????
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Altino
Attaché
 
Posts: 97
Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Altino » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm

King HEM wrote:who approved this headline?????????

I approve it. :>
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes.☮

User avatar
Ethan Allen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:28 pm

Has Sopo gone rouge?
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

User avatar
Ambrella
Envoy
 
Posts: 272
Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:34 pm

King HEM wrote:who approved this headline?????????

you
Sopo, denizen of Europeia.

User avatar
Drexlore
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Mar 31, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Drexlore » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 pm

King HEM wrote:who approved this headline?????????

Is it wrong if it's correct though?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HumanSanity, Land Without Shrimp, Leyara, Photorville, Praeceps, South Reinkalistan

Advertisement

Remove ads