NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - Million Post Palooza!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:07 pm

lolwut

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2257
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:07 pm

This is really sad on Europeia's part. I hope no one will take your commitments seriously in the future.
Cormactopia Prime
President of the Pacifica Democratic Union

Justin Amash for President | "The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." - Edmund Burke

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 487
Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:10 pm

I found a picture of the speech.

Image
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Roavin, Liliarchy, Jar, and Solorni. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.


User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:This is really sad on Europeia's part. I hope no one will take your commitments seriously in the future.


It was a war, not a marriage lol
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Cataluna
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 124
Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cataluna » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Severisen wrote:I found a picture of the speech.


At least George Bush got oil out of the deal.
Trans Woman--"Excuse my beauty"
Founder of Philosopher Kingdom
Socialism or Barbarism!

User avatar
Grater Tovakia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 490
Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Grater Tovakia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:23 pm

So you withdraw before the Senate passes anything?

That seems like an ass-backwards way of doing things
This nation is now a puppet, my main is Sundowers

User avatar
Austerain
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austerain » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Methinks that Cormac is just mad because other regions may follow suit in questioning what else APC can do in the effort against NPO at this point, surely he isn't personally invested?
Pierce
Deputy Chief of State of Europeia
2 term Vice President of Europeia

User avatar
Grater Tovakia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 490
Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Grater Tovakia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Austerain wrote:Methinks that Cormac is just mad because other regions may follow suit in questioning what else APC can do in the effort against NPO at this point, surely he isn't personally invested?


The APC can do a lot, and most other regions have guts to finish what they started.
This nation is now a puppet, my main is Sundowers

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Grater Tovakia wrote:
Austerain wrote:Methinks that Cormac is just mad because other regions may follow suit in questioning what else APC can do in the effort against NPO at this point, surely he isn't personally invested?


The APC can do a lot, and most other regions have guts to finish what they started.


The "guts" to do what?

What guts does it take to stay in a war that is universally popular, but where there are few if any offensive actions still to take?
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
The Pharcyde
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Pharcyde » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Grater Tovakia wrote:So you withdraw before the Senate passes anything?

That seems like an ass-backwards way of doing things

It's to preempt leaks. I was confused at first myself.
reject noun
it's a dog yeet dog world

re·​ject | \ ˈrē-ˌjekt \
something rejected as imperfect, unsatisfactory, or useless

User avatar
The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy
 
Posts: 223
Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm

King HEM wrote:
Grater Tovakia wrote:
The APC can do a lot, and most other regions have guts to finish what they started.


The "guts" to do what?

What guts does it take to stay in a war that is universally popular, but where there are few if any offensive actions still to take?

You really thought that kicking the NPO out of St Abbadon would be enough?

Actions such as this are why the NPO's victory was obvious from the start.

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:59 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
King HEM wrote:
The "guts" to do what?

What guts does it take to stay in a war that is universally popular, but where there are few if any offensive actions still to take?

You really thought that kicking the NPO out of St Abbadon would be enough?

Actions such as this are why the NPO's victory was obvious from the start.


This whole discussion is really weird.

Europeia was the first region to declare war. We didn't follow anyone's lead or attach ourselves to anyone else's manifesto.

Here's what it comes down to:

Since the pressure campaign and the war, the New Pacific Order has objectively, transformed. For some players, those transformations won't be enough and instead, they will seek the deconstruction of the entire regime. That's a perfectly fair opinion to have, and every region should feel empowered to fight for that if that's what they believe in.

That was never Europeia's objective. Our objectives have been met, hence our victory. If they aren't sufficient objectives for you, then stop wasting time chiding us and go fight the damn war lol
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5977
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the presidency.

This is just cringe.
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the presidency.

This is just cringe.


the presidency doesn't exist anymore, keep up bb
Last edited by King HEM on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5977
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:04 pm

King HEM wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the presidency.

This is just cringe.


the presidency doesn't exist anymore, keep up bb

I don't keep up with Imperialist stuff, sue me

Let me re-state. Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the chief of state.
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy
 
Posts: 223
Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:08 pm

King HEM wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:You really thought that kicking the NPO out of St Abbadon would be enough?

Actions such as this are why the NPO's victory was obvious from the start.


This whole discussion is really weird.

Europeia was the first region to declare war. We didn't follow anyone's lead or attach ourselves to anyone else's manifesto.

Here's what it comes down to:

Since the pressure campaign and the war, the New Pacific Order has objectively, transformed. For some players, those transformations won't be enough and instead, they will seek the deconstruction of the entire regime. That's a perfectly fair opinion to have, and every region should feel empowered to fight for that if that's what they believe in.

That was never Europeia's objective. Our objectives have been met, hence our victory. If they aren't sufficient objectives for you, then stop wasting time chiding us and go fight the damn war lol

Your war declaration literally said that the NPO cannot coexist with Europeia. Are you trying to tell me that the NPO currently doesn't exist?

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
King HEM wrote:
the presidency doesn't exist anymore, keep up bb

I don't keep up with Imperialist stuff, sue me

Let me re-state. Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the chief of state.


Image
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
USS Merrimack
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USS Merrimack » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

King HEM wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:I don't keep up with Imperialist stuff, sue me

Let me re-state. Europeia should teach their noobs some PR skills before giving them the chief of state.


Image

HEM, bby, if you’re gonna make an imgflip meme at least get your definitions right.

Anyways, I find Europeia’s air of self importance laughable, and somwhat insulting to regions like Lazarus and Osiris who were actually victimized by the NPOs actions.
USS Merrimack
Deputy Secretary General of Pacifica

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:14 pm

WHAT is the air of self-importance here?

We literally posted a statement being like, "our objectives were met and here's why" and everyone is acting like they found their s/o on grindr lol!!!

anyway!!!
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy
 
Posts: 223
Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:16 pm

King HEM wrote:WHAT is the air of self-importance here?

We literally posted a statement being like, "our objectives were met and here's why" and everyone is acting like they found their s/o on grindr lol!!!

anyway!!!

But your objectives weren't met...

Did your objectives change between now and when you declared war?

User avatar
Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:17 pm

HEM you're (mostly) not being ridiculed for leaving the war.

You're being ridiculed for declaring victory in a war you very obviously did not win.

That's practically begging for mockery.

User avatar
USS Merrimack
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USS Merrimack » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 pm

King HEM wrote:WHAT is the air of self-importance here?

We literally posted a statement being like, "our objectives were met and here's why" and everyone is acting like they found their s/o on grindr lol!!!

anyway!!!

“We entered this war to serve as a beacon of hope for all regions and nations suppressed by Francoism and to take the fight to those who sought to oppress us. We leave this war confident that we have won, and we have left the world better off than when it began.”
USS Merrimack
Deputy Secretary General of Pacifica

User avatar
Wycliffe
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wycliffe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:23 pm

>enters war to overthrow npo
>does not overthrow npo
>declares victory in war to overthrow npo

Image
Resident of Lazarus
Retired.
Veritas Vincit
Chanson du jour: Look Inside America
The Most Holy Kingdom of
Wycliffe

User avatar
King HEM
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm

To be clear, I'm not in any way in FA leadership at this point. So please don't take my memes or comments as official statements!!!!

BUT I don't think a speech kicking off a conflict is going to be the formal list of objectives for the war. There's a difference between a formal announcement and actual war-time objectives, and to be real, if anyone in this forum is going to claim their public remarks have never been more bombastic than their actual goals, ima gonna call that a load of BS!

Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm not sure how it's a good PR strategy for all you folks who have been in the trenches of this war openly being like, "Europeia is dumb for declaring an end to the conflict because we haven't actually accomplished ANYTHING of value or victory!!!!" Seems like actively a pretty BAD PR strategy actually.

A lot has been accomplished. Maybe it isn't enough for some—and that's fair—but it's enough for us, and we're sure as hell not going to outsource foreign policy to the public opinion in the NSGP forum // discord server lmao.
Last edited by King HEM on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

User avatar
USS Merrimack
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby USS Merrimack » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:36 pm

King HEM wrote:To be clear, I'm not in any way in FA leadership at this point. So please don't take my memes or comments as official statements!!!!

BUT I don't think a speech kicking off a conflict is going to be the formal list of objectives for the war. There's a difference between a formal announcement and actual war-time objectives, and to be real, if anyone in this forum is going to claim their public remarks have never been more bombastic than their actual goals, ima gonna call that a load of BS!

Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm not sure how it's a good PR strategy for all you folks who have been in the trenches of this war openly being like, "Europeia is dumb for declaring an end to the conflict because we haven't actually accomplished ANYTHING of value or victory!!!!" Seems like actively a pretty BAD PR strategy actually.

A lot has been accomplished. Maybe it isn't enough for some—and that's fair—but it's enough for us, and we're sure as hell not going to outsource foreign policy to the public opinion in the NSGP forum // discord server lmao.

Noted.

I’m more so reflecting on the arrogance of the speech, where Euro acts as if it were the tip of the spear.
USS Merrimack
Deputy Secretary General of Pacifica

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Bloodred Moon, Cunaris

Advertisement

Remove ads