NATION

PASSWORD

The Red Fleet · Admiralty Board Changes Announced

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Aclion wrote:The kind that I'm not sure I can go into more detail about without suffering mod wraith.

I lost my main nation after falsifying telegrams. And not even in a way that implied the fake telegrams would have been rule-breaking if they were real.

I don't see how this is remotely comparable, except to bring up my history in a salacious way to imply that I lost my main nation because of out-of-character behavior as utterly reprehensible as is the case here.

that's a silly reason to get DEAT, because I was told by another player who GHRed that falsifying (legal) telegrams is legal and part of being a political simulator. I hope you should appeal.

Anyway, good move......
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Aclion wrote:The kind that I'm not sure I can go into more detail about without suffering mod wraith.

I lost my main nation after falsifying telegrams. And not even in a way that implied the fake telegrams would have been rule-breaking if they were real.

I don't see how this is remotely comparable, except to bring up my history in a salacious way to imply that I lost my main nation because of out-of-character behavior as utterly reprehensible as is the case here.

That's not what I heard, and not against the rules, unfortunately. But still if that was what you were D'd for that would suggest that the other thing happened offsite, and i'm right to refuse to discuss it.
But hey, good work trying to spin it on me.
Last edited by Aclion on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Aclion wrote:That's not what I heard, and not against the rules, unfortunately.
But hey, good work trying to spin it on me.

Oh, really? Maybe you'd care to TG me what you've heard. Because I GHRed several times after I was puppetswept asking what the reason was and never got an answer to that question. I was explicitly told by the recipient of the faked TGs that they were going to send a GHR over them and after that, I was swept. Figure that.

Queen Yuno wrote:
Caelapes wrote:I lost my main nation after falsifying telegrams. And not even in a way that implied the fake telegrams would have been rule-breaking if they were real.

that's a silly reason to get DEAT, because I was told by another player who GHRed that falsifying (legal) telegrams is legal and part of being a political simulator. I hope you should appeal.

I did. I'll leave it for the audience to determine the result of the appeal.

Regardless, while I haven't had a spotless record in this game, I've also never allowed myself to be a part of a community whose leadership acts the way that TRE's does, and I am happy to be a part of communities (The Red Fleet, The Internationale, NSLeft) where I'd be called out if I ever came close, even in the tightest-knit inner circles of those groups.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Caelapes wrote:Regardless, while I haven't had a spotless record in this game, I've also never allowed myself to be a part of a community whose leadership acts the way that TRE's does, and I am happy to be a part of communities (The Red Fleet, The Internationale, NSLeft) where I'd be called out if I ever came close, even in the tightest-knit inner circles of those groups.

Your political views should be enough to give you the same treatment Fest and Kleo got here but hey asking GP to be consistent is of course too much
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Kyorgia wrote:
Caelapes wrote:Regardless, while I haven't had a spotless record in this game, I've also never allowed myself to be a part of a community whose leadership acts the way that TRE's does, and I am happy to be a part of communities (The Red Fleet, The Internationale, NSLeft) where I'd be called out if I ever came close, even in the tightest-knit inner circles of those groups.

Your political views should be enough to give you the same treatment Fest and Kleo got here but hey asking GP to be consistent is of course too much

Nothing Misley (Caelapes) thinks is remotely on par with what Kleo and Festavo said, and I say that as someone who is not his biggest fan, to say the least.

I've often overlooked your capacity to tolerate, make excuses for, and/or outright defend reprehensible behavior in the past, Kyorgia, but I think it's about time everyone stop overlooking it. If you don't find Plagentine's and Festavo's behavior indefensible, I honestly don't know what you're thinking.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Kyorgia wrote:

That you honestly believe that has caused me to lose all respect I had for you, Kyorgia.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:19 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Kyorgia wrote:

That you honestly believe that has caused me to lose all respect I had for you, Kyorgia.

Yeah wtf was that, Kyo? O_o I sincerely hope you think out your words from here on out for at least 30 minutes BEFORE posting.
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Kyorgia wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:
Yeah wtf was that, Kyo? O_o

Well Yuno I think a guy that uses Stalin as his avatar and likes North Korea is worse than some bad words in a secret chat

it's actually the entire attitude towards trans people and Black people that folks are angry about buddy, which actually is worse than some american nerd defending the DPRK on the internet

aka Misley

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 pm

for context: he deleted his post as soon as he hit submit
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Kyorgia wrote:Well Yuno I think a guy that uses Stalin as his avatar and likes North Korea is worse than some bad words in a secret chat

it's actually the entire attitude towards trans people and Black people that folks are angry about buddy, which actually is worse than some american nerd defending the DPRK on the internet

Yeah, I don't exactly see eye-to-eye with Misley politically on everything, but to imply that he's worse than the behavior we saw from Festavo and Plagentine is pretty pathetic.

I'm not sure I had much respect left for you, Kyo, but what shreds were there are gone now. If you're really going to try to justify Plage and Festavo's actions, I don't know if you're worth tolerating much longer.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Conservative Values
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Conservative Values » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm sorry but this is all hitting critical mass for me, and I'm about to cross the line into probably unwise post subject territory. Misley's version of events is particularly favorable toward Misley. And the fact he's been allowed to say so much and the rest of us have to tremble in fear of mod action for being too specific if we talk about it is beyond unacceptable.

First of all, you're convincing people that the mods might just screw them over and are part of the problem, when they're actually pretty good at what they do. They are the first people that anyone should talk to and they take a lot of strides to be completely fair. They didn't just nuke you arbitrarily. Second, I got rageful messages for some time from people in the general NSleft. Young members that did not know better. You stirred up this big fake outrage. They believed you, and they went into the standard internet leftist meltdown on me, like I had single handedly destoryed TI and their home (while you were in the region Black and Red). Were I as bitter and partisan a person as you I could have had them all punished. But while their emotions were getting the better of them, the heart of the wrong was really your lies and your failure to just man up and say you were at a bad place. Not them. I would have honestly been one of the first people to 1) forgive you and 2) discourage / combat piling on top of you. Because we all end up in bad places mentally from time to time. But after a while without owning up, it just looks like you put your own image above even these region mates of yours and above doing what was right.

And while I've not seen you say anything negative about my role in the whole thing, I have seen what the people who talk to you offsite say to me onsite/offsite so I get a feeling you made me out to be the bad guy. You came to me with what I believed was a genuine problem, not probably on the scale of what happened offsite with TRE (but I also could not see all of the content you said had existed since you said some of it had been taken down) and I tried my darnedest to help you and to calm things down while staff could respond. I banned someone from my region. You downplay that, but how would you feel if you were banned from TI? That's actually pretty hard stuff man. I didn't dream you might be lying about it. I asked that the people in my region be punished by NS staff for what they were doing to you and another member of your region. I'm the dude any of you can come to with any of this stuff. I don't care if you're someone I agree with politically or not (in game or out of game). I've been on this site for twelve years. This site is supposed to be a fun place to relax for everyone. There's no reason for it to be hostile, mean spirited, or even dangerously manipulative as we saw in the Xoriet / Brun situations. And you seriously have had the balls to spin this so that you're that guy. And it just blows my freaking mind. I'm just out here trying to do right by people and you got so much shit thrown on me it is actually unbelievable.

And again, while the content might not have been as bad, it is the principle. The principle that moderation can't trust Europeian or other userite admin teams when they say this stuff is going on should be called the "Misley Effect". Your case is exactly what they're talking about. A root admin of an offsite forum that lacks the judgement that crying wolf hurts the sheep in the end (even though you were not acting in your role as a root admin). That someone might make up some OOC action to take a shot at someone politically or just to cause chaos for the shits and giggles of it. You know that as well as I do, you were as absent from the on-site discussion of the Brunhilde situation as you could be. I watched for you to see if you'd be that hypocritical. Name another topic involving forum administration that Misley didn't weigh in on? He's johnny on the spot if anyone mentions forum verification. I think underneath layers of preserving self-image, politics, and general bull you're quite aware of the implications of your actions and your legacy.

You may not have seen what you were doing through that lens at the time, but at a certain point it was time to realize that everyone else from myself to Moderation looked at it that way and thought you were talking about continued harassment, and that you were telling the truth. And then was shocked when it wasn't true because who on earth would think someone of your stature would lie about that?

What you did was super messed up man. And that's in the past. Whatever. But the fact you keep downplaying it and not owning up to it is in the present. And presently the fact you can't admit where you went out of line is EXACTLY the stated reason mods won't do some of the things your biggest supporters and friends want to happen. So there's the link between what you did and what they're doing. There was a time for self reflection a long time ago if the big talk about the things you care about and support are outweighed in your heart by the negative ways you feel toward the people you perceive as your enemies. I hope one day you take one of these many opportunities to fix your heart. Or at least be a man and stop acting like you weren't to blame for your own shit.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Conservative Values wrote:I'm sorry but this is all hitting critical mass for me, and I'm about to cross the line into probably unwise post subject territory. Misley's version of events is particularly favorable toward Misley. And the fact he's been allowed to say so much and the rest of us have to tremble in fear of mod action for being too specific if we talk about it is beyond unacceptable.

Sorry, what? There's only fear of mod action when discussing offsite matters. My puppetsweep was entirely from onsite behavior, despite what people have tried to suggest. And trying to suggest that my puppetsweep is something that people "have to tremble in fear of mod action" about implies that it was all offsite and that some of the particularly heinous accusations that are apparently going around have something to them.

Here's why I was puppetswept (thanks to Aclion for motivating me to ask again, and to the anonymous mod for finally giving me a straight answer after all this time):

Conservative Values wrote:And while I've not seen you say anything negative about my role in the whole thing, I have seen what the people who talk to you offsite say to me onsite/offsite so I get a feeling you made me out to be the bad guy. You came to me with what I believed was a genuine problem, not probably on the scale of what happened offsite with TRE (but I also could not see all of the content you said had existed since you said some of it had been taken down) and I tried my darnedest to help you and to calm things down while staff could respond.

I'm going to cut straight to this, because it's closest to what is relevant but it's also you trying to twist things pretty outrageously.

The doctored telegrams that I came to you with were not even close to being "on the scale of what happened offsite with TRE". That's an absolutely unfair characterization, and you know it.

I came to you trying to get political consequences for two members of your region after you said you would ban them from your region if they telegrammed me or Proletaire. I whipped up a couple of tepid messages, keeping the language mild and frankly something I would be shocked to have seen anyone get even an unofficial warning for if they had been real:

(for full disclosure, the second TG uses Proletaire's name, but I'm the one who doctored it and sent it. Proletaire was not aware of it at the time. that's something I do regret.)

And yeah, you can try to tell me "oh, imagine being kicked from TI!" That would suck, yeah. I'm sure it also sucked for the members of Juche Union when your region's allies in Libertatem infiltrated them and banned them all from the region. That happened in January 2016, a month before this all went down between our regions and I got puppetswept. This game of political manipulation wasn't one sided. We were all playing it full on, high stakes, for keeps.

I was trying to keep things "gameplay-IC" and stay within the lines. I miscalculated, clearly. I didn't imagine that moderators would take those telegrams as a malicious attempt to get the nations implicated in meaningful trouble. They saw it another way, and I lost all of my nations. The way I play the game since then shows a different style despite what you have to say about me.

I don't play the political game. I don't infiltrate enemy regions. I keep the Fleet going and sit (quietly, really) in NSLeft member regions' Discord servers. My attempts at deceit ended with the loss of my main nation and The Internationale in February 2016. I even tried to pass off leadership of the Fleet, but that clearly hasn't been as successful as I'd prefer.

Conservative Values wrote:And again, while the content might not have been as bad, it is the principle. The principle that moderation can't trust Europeian or other userite admin teams when they say this stuff is going on should be called the "Misley Effect".

There is a huge difference between OOC administrative teams sharing information and IC political manipulation. With that said, I do recognize that there is a point of the need for administrative teams to be trustworthy.

While the NSLeft community-at-large (the parts that I'm responsible for, at least - meaning the NSLeft website and Discord, The Internationale Discord, and The Red Fleet Discord) has never had a situation as horrifying as the one we are discussing with TRE or the Brunhilde case, I would hope that if we do, that we would be able to put together a trustworthy administrative statement, regardless of political stance either in-game or in real-life, that would be shareable to other community administrative teams. I am not involved in any in-game politicking anymore, and would call upon other trusted members of our community administration to sign off publicly on any necessary statements.

Conservative Values wrote:You know that as well as I do, you were as absent from the on-site discussion of the Brunhilde situation as you could be. I watched for you to see if you'd be that hypocritical. Name another topic involving forum administration that Misley didn't weigh in on? He's johnny on the spot if anyone mentions forum verification. I think underneath layers of preserving self-image, politics, and general bull you're quite aware of the implications of your actions and your legacy.

I actually signed onto the petition that went around about admitting offsite evidence in that case. Surprised you missed it. Why would I be worried about offsite evidence, again?

Conservative Values wrote:What you did was super messed up man. And that's in the past. Whatever. But the fact you keep downplaying it and not owning up to it is in the present. And presently the fact you can't admit where you went out of line is EXACTLY the stated reason mods won't do some of the things your biggest supporters and friends want to happen. So there's the link between what you did and what they're doing. There was a time for self reflection a long time ago if the big talk about the things you care about and support are outweighed in your heart by the negative ways you feel toward the people you perceive as your enemies. I hope one day you take one of these many opportunities to fix your heart. Or at least be a man and stop acting like you weren't to blame for your own shit.

I'll admit that what I did was wrong. I regret it, and I regret the toxic game we were playing.

And even with as grotesque as that all was, it doesn't come close to what TRE did, even for all your attempts to smear me with that same brush. There's a lot that you said that makes valid points, but it's undermined by your attempts to put it on the same level as what's going down in other communities.

aka Misley

West Leas Oros
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Conservative Values wrote:I'm sorry but this is all hitting critical mass for me, and I'm about to cross the line into probably unwise post subject territory. Misley's version of events is particularly favorable toward Misley. And the fact he's been allowed to say so much and the rest of us have to tremble in fear of mod action for being too specific if we talk about it is beyond unacceptable.

Sorry, what? There's only fear of mod action when discussing offsite matters. My puppetsweep was entirely from onsite behavior, despite what people have tried to suggest. And trying to suggest that my puppetsweep is something that people "have to tremble in fear of mod action" about implies that it was all offsite and that some of the particularly heinous accusations that are apparently going around have something to them.

Here's why I was puppetswept (thanks to Aclion for motivating me to ask again, and to the anonymous mod for finally giving me a straight answer after all this time):

Conservative Values wrote:And while I've not seen you say anything negative about my role in the whole thing, I have seen what the people who talk to you offsite say to me onsite/offsite so I get a feeling you made me out to be the bad guy. You came to me with what I believed was a genuine problem, not probably on the scale of what happened offsite with TRE (but I also could not see all of the content you said had existed since you said some of it had been taken down) and I tried my darnedest to help you and to calm things down while staff could respond.

I'm going to cut straight to this, because it's closest to what is relevant but it's also you trying to twist things pretty outrageously.

The doctored telegrams that I came to you with were not even close to being "on the scale of what happened offsite with TRE". That's an absolutely unfair characterization, and you know it.

I came to you trying to get political consequences for two members of your region after you said you would ban them from your region if they telegrammed me or Proletaire. I whipped up a couple of tepid messages, keeping the language mild and frankly something I would be shocked to have seen anyone get even an unofficial warning for if they had been real:

(for full disclosure, the second TG uses Proletaire's name, but I'm the one who doctored it and sent it. Proletaire was not aware of it at the time. that's something I do regret.)

And yeah, you can try to tell me "oh, imagine being kicked from TI!" That would suck, yeah. I'm sure it also sucked for the members of Juche Union when your region's allies in Libertatem infiltrated them and banned them all from the region. That happened in January 2016, a month before this all went down between our regions and I got puppetswept. This game of political manipulation wasn't one sided. We were all playing it full on, high stakes, for keeps.

I was trying to keep things "gameplay-IC" and stay within the lines. I miscalculated, clearly. I didn't imagine that moderators would take those telegrams as a malicious attempt to get the nations implicated in meaningful trouble. They saw it another way, and I lost all of my nations. The way I play the game since then shows a different style despite what you have to say about me.

I don't play the political game. I don't infiltrate enemy regions. I keep the Fleet going and sit (quietly, really) in NSLeft member regions' Discord servers. My attempts at deceit ended with the loss of my main nation and The Internationale in February 2016. I even tried to pass off leadership of the Fleet, but that clearly hasn't been as successful as I'd prefer.

Conservative Values wrote:And again, while the content might not have been as bad, it is the principle. The principle that moderation can't trust Europeian or other userite admin teams when they say this stuff is going on should be called the "Misley Effect".

There is a huge difference between OOC administrative teams sharing information and IC political manipulation. With that said, I do recognize that there is a point of the need for administrative teams to be trustworthy.

While the NSLeft community-at-large (the parts that I'm responsible for, at least - meaning the NSLeft website and Discord, The Internationale Discord, and The Red Fleet Discord) has never had a situation as horrifying as the one we are discussing with TRE or the Brunhilde case, I would hope that if we do, that we would be able to put together a trustworthy administrative statement, regardless of political stance either in-game or in real-life, that would be shareable to other community administrative teams. I am not involved in any in-game politicking anymore, and would call upon other trusted members of our community administration to sign off publicly on any necessary statements.

Conservative Values wrote:You know that as well as I do, you were as absent from the on-site discussion of the Brunhilde situation as you could be. I watched for you to see if you'd be that hypocritical. Name another topic involving forum administration that Misley didn't weigh in on? He's johnny on the spot if anyone mentions forum verification. I think underneath layers of preserving self-image, politics, and general bull you're quite aware of the implications of your actions and your legacy.

I actually signed onto the petition that went around about admitting offsite evidence in that case. Surprised you missed it. Why would I be worried about offsite evidence, again?

Conservative Values wrote:What you did was super messed up man. And that's in the past. Whatever. But the fact you keep downplaying it and not owning up to it is in the present. And presently the fact you can't admit where you went out of line is EXACTLY the stated reason mods won't do some of the things your biggest supporters and friends want to happen. So there's the link between what you did and what they're doing. There was a time for self reflection a long time ago if the big talk about the things you care about and support are outweighed in your heart by the negative ways you feel toward the people you perceive as your enemies. I hope one day you take one of these many opportunities to fix your heart. Or at least be a man and stop acting like you weren't to blame for your own shit.

I'll admit that what I did was wrong. I regret it, and I regret the toxic game we were playing.

And even with as grotesque as that all was, it doesn't come close to what TRE did, even for all your attempts to smear me with that same brush. There's a lot that you said that makes valid points, but it's undermined by your attempts to put it on the same level as what's going down in other communities.

Say what you will Misley. You and your army are still tyrants disguised as liberators. I'm not afraid to suffer mod wrath simply for believing that your damned crusade is little more than a facade for your secret police to control the thoughts and minds of people who refuse to take part in a revolution that forces its way into dictating the lives of others. You bend history to suit your needs, making yourself seem like heroes, instead of the war criminals you are. Your armies strike fear so that you can continue to spread destruction and prop up your phony democracies, which are dictatorships claiming to be "people's republics". You can mock me, ridicule me, whatever you want. But know that just because you rule with an iron fist, doesn't mean we the people will accept it. I refuse to be beaten by "the people's stick". I'm not a class traitor parliamentarian, I'm a son of democracy and true socialism, not your BS authoritarianism. You think revolution is the answer? Your revolution will eat its own, and you will rule no differently than the bourgeoisie did. I refuse to let you be the hero. And if the mods destroy me, then I will know that you have enslaved them for your own advancement. The mods should not be supporting a bully and a terrorist leader.

Edit: actually, pls no kill. I got a bit heated. I just tend to lose my cool when arguing with legit Stalinists
Last edited by West Leas Oros on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just your friendly neighborhood democratic socialist revisionist traitor.
PMT nation. Economically to the left of Karl Marx. Social justice is a bourgeois plot.
Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like fascists and communists. Or libertarians and communists. Or social democrats and communists. Or communists and other communists! Damn commies, they ruined communism!"

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Oros, no. Please. You were the chosen one. You were meant to debunk the tankies, not join them. Bring balance to the left, not leave it in darkness.

WLO Public News: Protest turns violent as Orosian Anarchists burn building. 2 found dead, 8 injured. Investigation continues.

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm

West Leas Oros wrote:Edit: actually, pls no kill. I got a bit heated. I just tend to lose my cool when arguing with legit Stalinists

It's your responsibility to recognize when you're getting heated and to exercise the restraint needed to walk away from the computer and not post until you've cooled your temper. This post skirts extremely close to, but doesn't cross the line, as it reads like an IC attack on the Fleet's operations moreso than an attack on the player.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

West Leas Oros
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:
West Leas Oros wrote:Edit: actually, pls no kill. I got a bit heated. I just tend to lose my cool when arguing with legit Stalinists

It's your responsibility to recognize when you're getting heated and to exercise the restraint needed to walk away from the computer and not post until you've cooled your temper. This post skirts extremely close to, but doesn't cross the line, as it reads like an IC attack on the Fleet's operations moreso than an attack on the player.

Yeah, you're probably right. I actually HATE TRF's actions OOC and IC. They seem to be less like "anti fascists" and more like A Stalinist Army. I'm actually legit surprised the mods have no problem with the fleet. I don't hate Misley, I just resent that he aligns himself with A real life domestic terrorist group in the USA.
Just your friendly neighborhood democratic socialist revisionist traitor.
PMT nation. Economically to the left of Karl Marx. Social justice is a bourgeois plot.
Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like fascists and communists. Or libertarians and communists. Or social democrats and communists. Or communists and other communists! Damn commies, they ruined communism!"

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Oros, no. Please. You were the chosen one. You were meant to debunk the tankies, not join them. Bring balance to the left, not leave it in darkness.

WLO Public News: Protest turns violent as Orosian Anarchists burn building. 2 found dead, 8 injured. Investigation continues.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Does he though? There is the name, Antifa, but that’s no association to rl Antifa
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 pm

West Leas Oros wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:It's your responsibility to recognize when you're getting heated and to exercise the restraint needed to walk away from the computer and not post until you've cooled your temper. This post skirts extremely close to, but doesn't cross the line, as it reads like an IC attack on the Fleet's operations moreso than an attack on the player.

Yeah, you're probably right. I actually HATE TRF's actions OOC and IC. They seem to be less like "anti fascists" and more like A Stalinist Army. I'm actually legit surprised the mods have no problem with the fleet. I don't hate Misley, I just resent that he aligns himself with A real life domestic terrorist group in the USA.

Strong allegations. What specific domestic terror organization are you referring to?
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Howard Scott
Civilian

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Howard Scott » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Since I was recently subjected to a puppetsweep over a vocalization of a controversial belief, specifically concerning Misley's past association with the International Republican Union, on my home region's RMB, I would at least like to know the truth of the matter, as it appears there is more than one version of the events, and I would like to formally apologize to Misley if what I was told and had presented as truth is in fact a malicious lie.

Also, what is this about Plagentine? I wasn't given to thinking him a political sort of raider.
Last edited by Howard Scott on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 am

To those of you that think The Red Fleet putting out a statement on TRE's behavior is the right time to raise your issues with Misley and/or the ideology he represents on NationStates:

It's not the right time. It makes you look ignorant, and rude. Stop it.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:24 am

Howard Scott wrote:Since I was recently subjected to a puppetsweep over a vocalization of a controversial belief,

It isn’t a “controversial belief,” it is a malicious allegation of serious real-life criminal behavior on my part. This is exactly what I was referring to when I expressed my disgust with CV for trying to suggest that my puppetsweep couldn’t be discussed onsite without fear of mod wrath: it implies that these disgusting allegations are true.

Howard Scott wrote:I would at least like to know the truth of the matter,

The allegations are a lie. I’m 99% sure I told you that in the toxic Discord server that people set up to trade “memes” about this very same lie.

Howard Scott wrote:as it appears there is more than one version of the events, and I would like to formally apologize to Misley if what I was told and had presented as truth is in fact a malicious lie.

You’re a day late and a dollar short. Maybe you should’ve thought about that before you decided to spread horrifying lies about me being a predator in real life.

aka Misley

Aav Verinhall
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aav Verinhall » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

Mind if I sig this?
Minister of Foreign Affairs for Hartfelden
Economic Left/Right: -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016

Postby Malphe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:29 am

Aav Verinhall wrote:

Mind if I sig this?

Reppy couldn't stop you if you did, having no elite ninja assassin squads to use.
Malphe Vytherov

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Aav Verinhall wrote:

Mind if I sig this?
Reploid Productions wrote:
Fauxia wrote:I hope you won’t use those elite ninja assassin squads on me if I sig this?

Can't use what the boss won't buy us! :P

Reppy already said...
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Howard Scott wrote:Since I was recently subjected to a puppetsweep over a vocalization of a controversial belief,

It isn’t a “controversial belief,” it is a malicious allegation of serious real-life criminal behavior on my part. This is exactly what I was referring to when I expressed my disgust with CV for trying to suggest that my puppetsweep couldn’t be discussed onsite without fear of mod wrath: it implies that these disgusting allegations are true.

It doesn't really make a difference which you were swept for. Either way you, and by extension TRF have no business getting on a high horse here. Hell in this context faking harassment for political gain(what you say you were swept for) is worse, as it makes it even less appropriate for TRF to chime in on TRE. Clean up your own house.

RiderSyl wrote:To those of you that think The Red Fleet putting out a statement on TRE's behavior is the right time to raise your issues with Misley and/or the ideology he represents on NationStates:

It's not the right time. It makes you look ignorant, and rude. Stop it.

It is always the right time to do what is right and right now what's right for TRF is giving Caelapes the boot.
Last edited by Aclion on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Aclion wrote:
Caelapes wrote:It isn’t a “controversial belief,” it is a malicious allegation of serious real-life criminal behavior on my part. This is exactly what I was referring to when I expressed my disgust with CV for trying to suggest that my puppetsweep couldn’t be discussed onsite without fear of mod wrath: it implies that these disgusting allegations are true.

It doesn't really make a difference which you were swept for. Either way you, and by extension TRF have no business getting on a high horse here. Hell in this context faking harassment for political gain(what you say you were swept for) is worse, as it makes it even less appropriate for TRF to chime in on TRE. Clean up your own house.

The faked telegrams in question aren’t remotely in the same league as TRE. There’s nothing whatsoever that is hypocritical about us condemning TRE’s outrageous behavior, and your attempts to put my past behavior on that level makes you look foolish.

aka Misley

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay