NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris | Danburg Seized!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Altinsane wrote:Confirming Mike's statement. The insinuation that he may have gone rogue and declared war without my consent is frankly grasping at straws, but I'm unsurprised to see the distrust NPO would try to breed in my region. Classic. Fortunately, I very publicly asked him to make a statement on my behalf. I'm very sick right now - as in, haven't been able to eat anything for days kind of sick - and he's been helping me out with FA things. That's his job anyway. <.<

Appreciate you, Mike.

Thanks for confirming Alti. Would you please address my questions then?

Edit: also, hope you feel better soon. There is no haste to my answers.
Last edited by The Seeker of Power on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 pm

The Seeker of Power wrote:
Altinsane wrote:Confirming Mike's statement. The insinuation that he may have gone rogue and declared war without my consent is frankly grasping at straws, but I'm unsurprised to see the distrust NPO would try to breed in my region. Classic. Fortunately, I very publicly asked him to make a statement on my behalf. I'm very sick right now - as in, haven't been able to eat anything for days kind of sick - and he's been helping me out with FA things. That's his job anyway. <.<

Appreciate you, Mike.

Thanks for confirming Alti. Would you please address my questions then?

Edit: also, hope you feel better soon. There is no haste to my answers.

Happy to! Can you redirect me to those questions, please?
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 pm

For the first 5-6 years of the CN NPOs existence, every single emperor was an NS import. The first home grown guy was Brehon. Having played all of these games, I'm really looking forward to watching this coalition attempt to bully either Pacific sibling into doing anything.

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

The NPO didn’t know what it was asking for when it declared war. XD

2SDOATS
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 2SDOATS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Altino, is this the full weight of the osiris army?

Can you drop me a telegram when you jump... I wanna watch.
"Sorry the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society couldn’t come up with a better argument." - Pierconium

Blight-Bane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Blight-Bane » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:For the first 5-6 years of the CN NPOs existence, every single emperor was an NS import. The first home grown guy was Brehon. Having played all of these games, I'm really looking forward to watching this coalition attempt to bully either Pacific sibling into doing anything.

I played CN too. I actually refused their recruitment attempts. Suffice it to say I was fed to the wolves. It seems the coalition is trying to win via political warfare rather than military force. It furthers popcorn consumption, but without the butter and salt. I mean, really, does anyone believe that TP will put outside interests ahead of their own? It's not in their DNA.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Blight-Bane wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:For the first 5-6 years of the CN NPOs existence, every single emperor was an NS import. The first home grown guy was Brehon. Having played all of these games, I'm really looking forward to watching this coalition attempt to bully either Pacific sibling into doing anything.

I played CN too. I actually refused their recruitment attempts. Suffice it to say I was fed to the wolves. It seems the coalition is trying to win via political warfare rather than military force. It furthers popcorn consumption, but without the butter and salt. I mean, really, does anyone believe that TP will put outside interests ahead of their own? It's not in their DNA.

I had no such experience. Did you try playing with an alliance at all or something?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Blight-Bane wrote:It seems the coalition is trying to win via political warfare rather than military force. It furthers popcorn consumption, but without the butter and salt.

Total war requires fighting on *all* fronts.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Blight-Bane wrote:It seems the coalition is trying to win via political warfare rather than military force. It furthers popcorn consumption, but without the butter and salt.

especially the meme front right?
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 am

Appreciate you, Mike.

First, sorry you are unwell.

Second, it was not an insinuation. It was a question that another member of your government sidestepped and could not confirm.

From my perspective this progression went a bit like this:

A. You told a member of the Pacifican Senate that any official statements regarding action against the Pacific would come from you directly. Or at least you would clearly indicate support for the statements.

B. A statement was posted without your signature by a member of the Osiris government.

1. Upon seeing B and being informed of A, I asked for clarification.
2. Another member of your government posted that the person making B could do so but they could not confirm A.
3. Derp*
4. You log on to confirm, which does not necessarily alleviate the issues between A and B but is at least a clear statement from Osiris.

* The lack of confirmation on the part of your government after my question was eventually alluded to as ‘snark’ but remained unconfirmed. This could be because said member actually did not know if the statement was official, was just being an ass, or backroom conversations about the person posting B were taking place to fix a public screw up. While I am inclined at this stage to just go with Syberis being intentionally obtuse, in the moment it was unclear. In the interim the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society decided to start posting as well, likely because they knew me to already be offline for the evening.

Regardless, most of this could have been avoided with either an actual signature on the statement (which I believe is a fairly common activity for official statements, even those made by proxy) or a simple ‘yes’ in response to my initial question.

Any internal distrust that was created within Osiris as a result of this is firmly and completely your government’s fault and responsibility because of sloppy communication and unprofessional diplomatic behaviour.
Last edited by Pierconium on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:23 am

Pierconium wrote:snip

What a load of shit. Doing even the tiniest bits of research would show Mike is a guardian of Osiris. You can expect that if he posts something like that, with symbols and written like a statement, it is official. Quit your bullshit and go fix your own diplomacy; the situation with TBH shows how great that one is.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:09 am

Armaros wrote:
Pierconium wrote:snip

What a load of shit. Doing even the tiniest bits of research would show Mike is a guardian of Osiris. You can expect that if he posts something like that, with symbols and written like a statement, it is official. Quit your bullshit and go fix your own diplomacy; the situation with TBH shows how great that one is.

Interesting. This completely opposes the statement from Syberis that being a Guardian does not automatically make any statement official. Weird.

Syberis wrote:I'm not going to comment on the statement issued, but I will comment on the stated opinion that anything posted by a Guardian is the statement of the government.

That is factually wrong.

Stay classy.
Last edited by Pierconium on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 am

Syberis wrote:
Allow me to clarify.

Not every word posted by a member of the Guardianship is the word of Osiris, though the Chairman of the Council of Guardians can, at the will of the Pharaoh, post on behalf of the government through an official statement. Normally such an official posting role would be served by the Heir Apparent, but as there's not one right now, Mike is the closest fit.

Ummm the follow up is important Pier.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:39 am

Kurnugia wrote:
Syberis wrote:
Allow me to clarify.

Not every word posted by a member of the Guardianship is the word of Osiris, though the Chairman of the Council of Guardians can, at the will of the Pharaoh, post on behalf of the government through an official statement. Normally such an official posting role would be served by the Heir Apparent, but as there's not one right now, Mike is the closest fit.

Ummm the follow up is important Pier.

Of course it is. But the fact that he could not/would not verify the statement along with the initial post is what led to the confusion. I'm not stating that a Guardian of Osiris cannot or does not speak for the government, I am stating that a member of the Osiris government stated that a Guardian might not speak for the government. Yes, there was later clarification, which is why I stated very clearly 'I am inclined at this stage to just go with Syberis being intentionally obtuse, in the moment it was unclear'.
Tyrant (Ret.)

DYP
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby DYP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:12 am

Does that include taking the drama to another game?

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 am

DYP wrote:

Does that include taking the drama to another game?

Now that would be something to see. If the NS groups that purport to be good at the military side things decided to show up in CN and declare war on the NPO there.

Oh wait, I have seen that before.
Last edited by Pierconium on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 am

You need to familiarize yourself with the definition of total war:

"Total war, military conflict in which the contenders are willing to make any sacrifice in lives and other resources to obtain a complete victory, as distinguished from limited war."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/total-war
Just some weeb.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 am

Altinsane wrote:Happy to! Can you redirect me to those questions, please?

The Seeker of Power wrote:I'm sorry Osiris, but if anything, this is confusing.

Each and all bans in NS can be undone at a later time. There is no discussion about it: is just the way our world works. Had Ale choose to ban the individuals immediately, would you still have come up with this non-sense statement about "There [being] no assurance that in a year, or sooner, the bans will remain in place." ?

I mean, let's get things clear here: you are basically saying something along the lines of "We are disgusted by the fact that the NPO is incapable - as are all other NS regions - of imposing a perma-ban on Perg - due to the technical limitations of our realms." Is this it?

What was the point then?

I'm kind of disappointed. Let's be honest here: had I been the Emperor, I would have apologized to Perg for having to do what I had to do, and would have banned him. It is harsh, and I would have infuriated and alienated the community of my region. And then you would have said "Oh is not enough" and still come out with this joke... To what end?

Here, Alti

The Dark God of Huggers

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:24 am

Pierconium wrote:
DYP wrote:Does that include taking the drama to another game?

Now that would be something to see. If the NS groups that purport to be good at the military side things decided to show up in CN and declare war on the NPO there.

Eh. IMO Nationsims like NS, CN and PnW are mostly diplomacy games. Not war games. There is a good reason why at least the PnW branch is doing well: Aside from the unifomrity of the NPO, it is not held back by francoism who on NS kinda restricts with whom you can ally.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Flame of Dio
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Flame of Dio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 am

Kurnugia wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Now that would be something to see. If the NS groups that purport to be good at the military side things decided to show up in CN and declare war on the NPO there.

Eh. IMO Nationsims like NS, CN and PnW are mostly diplomacy games. Not war games. There is a good reason why at least the PnW branch is doing well: Aside from the unifomrity of the NPO, it is not held back by francoism who on NS kinda restricts with whom you can ally.

This is incorrect.

P&W is most definitely a war game first, and a diplomacy game second. One's political clout comes directly from your ability to militarily overwhelm your enemies (in P&W), something that has been proven time and time again in the past. No matter how good your foreign affairs department is, if you as an alliance fail to secure an appropriate military structure, you will fail in the mid to long term. Diplomacy will get you as far as a treaty in the optimal situation. Beyond that, your ability to drag your weight is undoubtedly more important.
Last edited by Flame of Dio on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Son of Heaven

Neo Domais
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Domais » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 am

Flame of Dio wrote:
Kurnugia wrote:Eh. IMO Nationsims like NS, CN and PnW are mostly diplomacy games. Not war games. There is a good reason why at least the PnW branch is doing well: Aside from the unifomrity of the NPO, it is not held back by francoism who on NS kinda restricts with whom you can ally.

This is incorrect.

P&W is most definitely a war game first, and a diplomacy game second. One's political clout comes directly from your ability to militarily overwhelm your enemies (in P&W), something that has been proven time and time again in the past. No matter how good your foreign affairs department is, if you as an alliance fail to secure an appropriate military structure, you will fail in the mid to long term. Diplomacy will get you as far as a treaty in the optimal situation. Beyond that, your ability to drag your weight is undoubtedly more important.
I would have to agree that PW is war 1st.
Founder Of Extalia
Delegate emeritus of Warzone Australia

NPO delenda est.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am

Could we please not discuss other games here? It's bad enough when the routine threadjacks that occur in this forum are actually about this game.

Saint Block
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

The semantics over Osiris’s Declaration were particularly entertaining.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Could we please not discuss other games here? It's bad enough when the routine threadjacks that occur in this forum are actually about this game.

Honestly, I agree with C.

The Dark God of Huggers

Saint Block
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 pm

As do I.

I also look forward to working alongside Osiris in the war effort.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay