NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris | Danburg Seized!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drecq
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 10, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drecq » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 am

I have no idea if he was spying. Don't really care. Might notice I never said anything about that one way or the other.

And perhaps, just possibly, we'd be more welcoming to him if he hadnt been saying to others that we were "lashing out in our death throws trying to damage something, hurt someone, or just screw something up in general so that we can stay relevant". You dont get to call out our hospitality after taking a big dump on us. Fwiw, prior to this Europeias only reaction to his signing up for Citizenship was the waiting period being waived, him being welcomed back, and him being told that we were glad he had returned. We were plenty welcoming. We dont have to continue to be after it got thrown back into our faces.

Ghostfox
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Ghostfox » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:22 am

I think the funniest implication of this entire ordeal is that anyone outside of the IJCC cares about the IJCC. We were fine with it, defenders don't care about it... after the warzone incident I hardly think natives are afraid of it.

I can't even in good faith say people involved in it care about it, considering nobody took the time to read the treaty apparently.

I wasn't aware of any intent to harm or ill will towards Balder until Onder invented it for us. Considering Balder seems to be far more concerned with their UCR relationships than the ones they have with their sister sinkers, I'm amazed that our alliance has lasted so long. But hey, I mean people see boogeymen where they want to I guess so it's whatever. Just maybe you can not try and decide how we react to things in the future. You know, sovereignty and all that.

Now I'm gonna go to work and ghost anyone who replies. #EuropeianFashionTrends
Badger - Lynxi is my RL spirit child.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 am

Ghostfox wrote:Now I'm gonna go to work and ghost anyone who replies. #EuropeianFashionTrends

What if you posted pictures of ghosts in response to anyone that replies? That would be next-level ghosting. Set the trends, don't follow them! :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Drecq
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 10, 2008

Postby Drecq » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:28 am

Honestly, its a weirdly written treaty. It doesnt violate our other treaties because legally the President retains overall command control (just technically, I have no idea what the practical situation is, I stay out of that entire sphere, NS military bores me to tears). I assume it took its inspiration from the way UN peacekeeping troops command structure works (and even they dont have it in the UN Charter which provides for an entirely different system where the UN has its own armed forces that was promptly ignored and never used) where practical theater command is technically with the UN but Officers remain in command from the parent military and technically the home nation retains command control.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:09 am

Consular wrote:
Drecq wrote:
You have to see the cognitive dissonance in wanting to contribute in Europeia because its legislature is one of the most active in NS and thinking Europeia is in its death throws, right? You can like something enough to want to be part of it or you can trash talk it to third parties. Unless you're a middle school mean girl, you can't really do both.

Fwiw you applied for Citizenship in Europeia two weeks ago and you have since posted once in a thread connected to legislating and only four times over all. Just to compare, you have at best "involved" yourself in legislating in Europeia once for each time you talked shit about Europeia in another region. That is not a great ratio. If you wanted to get active in legislating in Europeia, you have done a particularly bad job of it.

Edit: To give some additional color to that "posted once in a thread connected to legislating": Over that same period, three proposal were introduced, in a forum he would have been able to participate in, to overhaul the entire governmental system of Europeia (reform being a current buzzword in the region) and we elected a new legislature. The one post was not in any of these.

Nothing you've said changes the fact that the dude wasn't spying on you -- despite the completely baseless accusation by Europeia that he was.

I've mostly held my tongue on this, but I can't let this one slide anymore.

Unless Sopo got drunk last night and started DMing like crazy, Europeia has made no such accusation. The origin of this crazy rumor is a private conversation I had with Altino. The conversation was clearly between a private citizen who had had a good relationship with Altino while he was in public office. To anybody reading the logs, which I'm surmising at this point is everyone, it's obvious that I am just speaking for myself and not Europeia.

To try to clear up the confusion of the logs themselves, the conversation—which I was holding via mobile and not under the assumption of public consumption—colloquailly used the word "leak". Of course, in this day and age, "leak" is a loaded word and should not have been used. I backtracked immediately, instead calling the behavior "tacky"—which I think it objectively was. My hope in the conversation is that Altino, as a personal acquaintance, would be willing to do a favor and call out this behavior. I was not yet aware of course, that nobody in Osiris would be in the mood to be doing any favors :P.

It's quite likely that Wymondham violated Europeian law with his comments. My mistake was trying to see if Altino or anyone would be a go-between to fix the issue, where the comments were really not their concern. As it is, I think it's unlikely that charges will be filled because, well, what's really the point haha.

Finally, yes, Europeia is in a spot facing challenges. It's most akin to our "recession" of the summer of 2011. But our forum is still logging hundreds of posts a day, our Discord is still active, and the political atmosphere is heating up again. I am delighted to report that our "free fall" is more like a gentle hang-gliding, coasting to better days ahead. :)
Last edited by King HEM on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Founded: Dec 07, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am

King HEM wrote:
Consular wrote:Nothing you've said changes the fact that the dude wasn't spying on you -- despite the completely baseless accusation by Europeia that he was.

Unless Sopo got drunk last night and started DMing like crazy, Europeia has made no such accusation. The origin of this crazy rumor is a private conversation I had with Altino. The conversation was clearly between a private citizen who had had a good relationship with Altino while he was in public office. To anybody reading the logs, which I'm surmising at this point is everyone, it's obvious that I am just speaking for myself and not Europeia.

To try to clear up the confusion of the logs themselves, the conversation—which I was holding via mobile and not under the assumption of public consumption—colloquailly used the word "leak". Of course, in this day and age, "leak" is a loaded word and should not have been used. I backtracked immediately, instead calling the behavior "tacky"—which I think it objectively was. My hope in the conversation is that Altino, as a personal acquaintance, would be willing to do a favor and call out this behavior. I was not yet aware of course, that nobody in Osiris would be in the mood to be doing any favors :P.

It's quite likely that Wymondham violated Europeian law with his comments. My mistake was trying to see if Altino or anyone would be a go-between to fix the issue, where the comments were really not their concern. As it is, I think it's unlikely that charges will be filled because, well, what's really the point haha.

Finally, yes, Europeia is in a spot facing challenges. It's most akin to our "recession" of the summer of 2011. But our forum is still logging hundreds of posts a day, our Discord is still active, and the political atmosphere is heating up again. I am delighted to report that our "free fall" is more like a gentle hang-gliding, coasting to better days ahead. :)

Hi HEM

Im not quite sure what laws I may have violated but if you could tell me via PM or otherwise I would be quite happy to clean it up and sort it out with Europeia as i really want to help out and contribute within the region
Unless stated otherwise my views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NSToday or the Osiran Government
NSToday PR Director and Osiris Vizier of FA

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:04 am

King HEM wrote:
Consular wrote:Nothing you've said changes the fact that the dude wasn't spying on you -- despite the completely baseless accusation by Europeia that he was.

Actually, HEM, I think that conversation going on about Wym is in reference to this comment, not any logs:

Potchen wrote:This is a rather lofty tone from someone who attained Citizenship in Europeia apparently for the sole purpose of disseminating information which was protected by the citizenship masking. I find it rather funny that Europeia had been accused of spying in this thread when you were called on it as your post was discovered in a publicly viewable space of the Osiris Forum.

As a side-note: the "(c.)" in treaties is a holdover from Invisionfree forums which resulted in "(c)" displaying the copyright symbol and it is also present in some of the older laws of Europeia.

I told Syberis that we may need to talk to Wym about how he presents himself between different regions he is a citizen in, I did not throw out logs to everybody and their momma. Lol. I'm not actually a menace. :p And just for the record, Wym isn't passing any information from Europeia to me or anyone else as far as I'm aware in Osiris. He did say that he looked at Euro's treaties, but he didn't pass on any information from them onto me. I notice they're no longer publicly viewable, but they used to be. He's not actually doing anything wrong, unless it's illegal in Euro to think Euro needs to get its act together. Which I doubt. You don't seem like the silence the dissenters type.

Also, as far as his activity is concerned - which is honestly not my business - he's away at school all week and only truly around to do things during the weekend. Go easy on the kid, he's not evil, he's just young and busy. Lol.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:09 am

Yeah I haven't been reading logs lol. My comments are based on this thread.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 am

Wym has apologized for his comments Re: Europeia and I am more than happy to give him a second chance. I think the rest of the region will as well.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:16 am

Consular wrote:Yeah I haven't been reading logs lol. My comments are based on this thread.

Gotcha, I have been confronted about them previously, so just as glad to make my response public record to any interested parties.

Thank u 4 ur time!

And also would like to echo Sopo's comments about Wym. Looking forward to seeing what he can add to Europeia going forward and stay blessed~~
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:03 pm

And you wonder why Euro and Osiris can't get along? You made a pretty big assumption that the Pharaoh was willy nilly passing on logs, and then when everyone denied it, you just move along without even apologizing? I hope you had the decency to reach out on DM. Shame, HEM!
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013

Postby Ryccia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Severisen wrote:And you wonder why Euro and Osiris can't get along? You made a pretty big assumption that the Pharaoh was willy nilly passing on logs, and then when everyone denied it, you just move along without even apologizing? I hope you had the decency to reach out on DM. Shame, HEM!

I believe that they have apologized already?

Edit: Never mind, sorry.
Last edited by Ryccia on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Mommy Yuno
Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mommy Yuno » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Despite not being friends with Wym, I believe Wym is most definitely not a leaker (I mean, that's universally frowned upon in NS,) he's just not afraid to speak up; OVER the years I've seen him not be afraid of being prosecuted based on what he says politically. I'm a huge fan of Wym for that reason.

I am staying out of this fight (As I love both Europeia AND Osiris,) except to vouch for the young NS player Wym. When you false-accuse such an innocent young player of leaking citizen chats without any proof, don't be shocked when he gets defended by other hardworking players who have seen his honesty and hard work in the game. Other than that, good luck resolving your disputes!
Last edited by Mommy Yuno on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Severisen wrote:And you wonder why Euro and Osiris can't get along? You made a pretty big assumption that the Pharaoh was willy nilly passing on logs, and then when everyone denied it, you just move along without even apologizing? I hope you had the decency to reach out on DM. Shame, HEM!

As I said above had you cared to read it, my logs have been shared widely enough that I was publicly called out about them previously.

I have nothing to apologize for in that regard. Cheers!
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:45 pm

King HEM wrote:

As I said above had you cared to read it, my logs have been shared widely enough that I was publicly called out about them previously.

I have nothing to apologize for in that regard. Cheers!

Did that "widely enough" include anyone more than Syberis, the one person who I did tell and have already said that I told, and his like single mention of it in NSGP? :p And I turned to Syb, by the way, to see if he had any run-ins like that between Wym and regions he had dual citizenship with in the past. Syb has known Wym a lot longer than I have, and how you speak to someone about a recurring problem and how you speak to them about a lapse of judgement are two very different things. Again, I'm not just passing logs to everybody and their momma. I'm sorry if you felt attacked or unnecessarily called out for that. I'm not sorry for not just mindlessly railing on Wym without assessing the situation. You will hear me say this a lot, but I can only function in the realm of what is right and what is reasonable. Beyond that, I've got nothing for you.

Edit: actually idk why I'm even pressing this, you didn't do anything wrong. Sorry, HEM. ;-;
Last edited by Altinsane on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Spoopy Dayz!

Postby Altinsane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 pm

HAPPY SPOOPY DAYS!

Oh my gosh, it's October! I've spent most of this month playing Yakuza since our friends in Japan have been so kind as to re-release the old games on Playstation 4 so the graphics aren't reminiscent of bootleg Minecraft, so in my heart it's already Christmas. But in the hearts of all the people who matter more than me, leaves are crunchy, bonfires are being planned as we speak, and everything is getting veeeeery spooky. Osiris is hosting this year's second annual R/D Costume Contest. Last year we had some really fun entries that you can see here when the contest was hosted by TWPAF. :) This year the rules are the same, nothing complicated.

Your goal will be to raid a region (we don't care which region, go nuts) and deck it out as sPoOpY as possible. The only requirements are:
1) Flag must be custom. As long as it's original and you don't just throw up a picture of Jack Skellington, it'll be fine. You can use your regular org flag if you want, but that's boring.
2) Custom flags can't be made by any of the Judges. Right now the judges are Altinsane, Ghostfox, and Mghnb. I'll let you guys know if for some reason we change judges - which we may, I would feel better about judges from a couple different regions. NO BIAS!
3) One entry per team. Your org as a whole can have as many teams as your numbers can handle and submit multiple entries, but only one entry per team. And no, you can't have the same people in a bunch of teams, either. :p

That's all! Otherwise, just be creative. Make a cool WFE, a scary flag or one with a good costume, and whatever else you feel like doing to make your tag as spooky as you can. Maybe even have your team make cool custom flags for their nations or Halloween themed nations. Throw a creepypasta in a dispatch, idk. Be creative.

All entries are due by October 29th. Please send screenshots of your tag by TG or Discord DM to Altinsane (Altino#4453). Both Raiders and Defenders from any orgs are welcome to play. Winners will be announced on October 31st.
Please try to let me know in advance if your org plans to participate and how many teams you think you'll have, so I'll know who to expect to hear from.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Nice, time to paaarty

A skeleton is already inside you
Civilian

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby A skeleton is already inside you » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Guess I can finally use this nation for something!

~Malphe

Wonder Woman I
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

EPSA

Postby Wonder Woman I » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm

EPSA will be participating in this!! TEP is the best Pacific!!

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 pm

~~***SpOoOoOoOoPy***~~

Hey, it's your best friend Altino, a day late and a dollar short as always! Actually, I found a dollar in my cupholder earlier today, so I do have the appropriate amount of dollars. But I am still a day late. I spent all day yesterday slaving over a hot keyboard and oppressing my people enforcing a Zombie Empire. I also took Glacikaldr and Cuddlebuns hostage in Osiris and temporarily forced them to build pyramids in my honor. It was a really crazy night... But what I don't have in lost time, I do have in Winners announcements. :D Tags were judged this year in two categories: their overall quality and the quality of their sick, sick flags. Maybe next year we'll add WFE and creativity categories too - some regions got pretty creative and that was fun! Looking at you Lily <3

In any case, IN OUR FLAGS CATEGORY, we had some very good contenders that the judges had polar opposite opinions on. However, after much deliberation and ultimately a points-based system of voting, our winner is...

OSIRIS!

Whoa! Osiris won this category by a few points over our second place winner, Unknown.
Don't worry, we aren't leaving their flag out. We'll post everyone's tags and flags below.

Woo! The category for our OVERALL WINNER was pretty tight, y'all. Like actually quite tight. But we did have a clear winnerrrr...

LILY!

Lily took this category followed suuuper closely by The Empire of Mare Nostrum and Osiris, tied for second. Lily was very creative, though, and we loved the story that came with it!

For your general amusement and also bragging rights, here are all entries, sorted by their overall score.

Plus this very nice mood music they sent with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Sorry we don't have a bigger flag for TBH. We didn't ask for one, some people just gave us one. We should probably start asking...

Thanks to all the orgs who played with us this year! :D
And shame on you to all the orgs who said they were going to play but mismanaged their time. I never mismanage my time...
<.<
>.>

Byeeeee. :)
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:31 am

It was a fun competition, congrats to Lily!
Paulus Asteorra

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:56 am

Congrats to Lily. We came nowhere near winning but it was still a lot of fun.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am

Should've bribed more.

I mean congrats Lily!
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles