NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris | Danburg Seized!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Altinsane wrote:IRI is not the big issue. The big issue is Tim and his coup threats, his constant antagonizing, and the general mistrust of his person in Osiris.

I know everyone really, really wants IRI to be the thing. But it's not the thing. Please stop pretending that we insist this is the thing when we keep insisting the opposite of that. It's like this entire thread has fallen victim to the Mandela Effect and we're getting alternate universe comments.

I didn't intend to keep this up any longer, but if that's how you're reading my comments, maybe I wasn't clear enough with the main point :P Tim to a degree is an important figure in TGW, has said as much, their region says as much, several of the specifically mentioned ways you've said he antagonizes you tie back to TGW, and little has seemed to evidently change in the situation between y'all and TGW. I'm certainly not denying that you seem to have good reason for singling Tim out extra, and you've made more than clear why that is justified - my posts have been saying that it's silly to suddenly forgive TGW, and that while I see what you're saying in favor of doing so, I disagree with the logic presented, for <insert reasons in prior posts>.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Altinsane wrote:IRI is not the big issue. The big issue is Tim and his coup threats, his constant antagonizing, and the general mistrust of his person in Osiris.

I know everyone really, really wants IRI to be the thing. But it's not the thing. Please stop pretending that we insist this is the thing when we keep insisting the opposite of that. It's like this entire thread has fallen victim to the Mandela Effect and we're getting alternate universe comments.

I didn't intend to keep this up any longer, but if that's how you're reading my comments, maybe I wasn't clear enough with the main point :P Tim to a degree is an important figure in TGW, has said as much, their region says as much, several of the specifically mentioned ways you've said he antagonizes you tie back to TGW, and little has seemed to evidently change in the situation between y'all and TGW. I'm certainly not denying that you seem to have good reason for singling Tim out extra, and you've made more than clear why that is justified - my posts have been saying that it's silly to suddenly forgive TGW, and that while I see what you're saying in favor of doing so, I disagree with the logic presented, for <insert reasons in prior posts>.

Mhm. I understand your points and am not singling you out. :)
Last edited by Altinsane on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Altinsane wrote:
Mhm. I understand your points and am not singling you out. :)

Gotcha. Guess we're at the "agree to disagree" point :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:38 am

In other news, Pharaoh Altino has appointed Lynxi as Sub-Vizier of World Assembly Affairs - a department of Gameside Affairs. Lynxi will be tasked with representing the opinions of the Osiran citizens in the World Assembly, along with other cool shit.

Congrats, Lynxi.
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 am

I had planned a move to finally return to my home, Osiris, after the end of the Constitution Convention in Lazarus, but recent events have lead me to reconsider.

It is extremely important for the OFO that a Pharaoh be able to make tough decisions for the betterment of the community. If the Pharaoh cannot do this, then the community can suffer from less security, less stability, and less brotherhood.

I have personally witnessed, to my disappointment, that Altino is not capable of making these tough decisions. I therefore choose not to subject myself to an authority that is too timid to use their authority, and will wait to return to Osiris until after Altino has passed the throne onto a more capable bearer.

I say all of this in the most official of terms to put forth how serious I am. This isn't my usual "shit-posting" personality that I almost always have on these forums. This deeply matters to me.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 am

RiderSyl wrote:I had planned a move to finally return to my home, Osiris, after the end of the Constitution Convention in Lazarus, but recent events have lead me to reconsider.

It is extremely important for the OFO that a Pharaoh be able to make tough decisions for the betterment of the community. If the Pharaoh cannot do this, then the community can suffer from less security, less stability, and less brotherhood.

I have personally witnessed, to my disappointment, that Altino is not capable of making these tough decisions. I therefore choose not to subject myself to an authority that is too timid to use their authority, and will wait to return to Osiris until after Altino has passed the throne onto a more capable bearer.

I say all of this in the most official of terms to put forth how serious I am. This isn't my usual "shit-posting" personality that I almost always have on these forums. This deeply matters to me.

How interesting.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am

For clarification, Syl is referring to an incident on the NSGP server, where I serve as an admin. A server member there was treating her badly. Their comments left the admins unsure of whether they were being OOC malicious toward her or if they were uninformed and using the worst possible choice of words. They insisted on the latter. In either case, they were certainly flaming, so I corrected them on their behavior and gave them an initial warning, then the matter was escalated to the admin team for further review. Syl believes that we should have erred on the side of caution and banned them on the spot, but the admins online at the time wanted to get the opinions of the admin team before we took action. NSGP bans are exceedingly rare and decisions that we normally make as a team, so that's how this is being handled as well. It still may very well lead to a ban, there is just a process to making a decision. Not a month-long process, only the time it takes for admins to log on and chime in. But a process all the same. I do apologize, though, that Syl is being put in a situation where she feels that I've personally left her unprotected. I've been elbow deep in more NS investigations on OOC misconduct than I really like to think about, and it's never my goal that victims or potential victims feel like they're not being heard or helped. I spoke with her about it, and she's understandably upset with me right now. I wouldn't be exactly pleased in her place either. I can't make a unilateral decision on how this situation is handled, but the admin team is slowly trickling in this morning with their input.

Sorry again, Syl, that you're stuck in this position. I know it sucks. It would have been amazing to have you back home in Osiris, but I know you have to stand up for yourself. No hard feelings on my part. We will get this answered and take the load off of your mind as quickly as we can.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am

Altinsane wrote:For clarification, Syl is referring to an incident on the NSGP server, where I serve as an admin. A server member there was treating her badly. Their comments left the admins unsure of whether they were being OOC malicious toward her or if they were uninformed and using the worst possible choice of words. They insisted on the latter. In either case, they were certainly flaming, so I corrected them on their behavior and gave them an initial warning, then the matter was escalated to the admin team for further review. Syl believes that we should have erred on the side of caution and banned them on the spot, but the admins online at the time wanted to get the opinions of the admin team before we took action. NSGP bans are exceedingly rare and decisions that we normally make as a team, so that's how this is being handled as well. It still may very well lead to a ban, there is just a process to making a decision. Not a month-long process, only the time it takes for admins to log on and chime in. But a process all the same. I do apologize, though, that Syl is being put in a situation where she feels that I've personally left her unprotected. I've been elbow deep in more NS investigations on OOC misconduct than I really like to think about, and it's never my goal that victims or potential victims feel like they're not being heard or helped. I spoke with her about it, and she's understandably upset with me right now. I wouldn't be exactly pleased in her place either. I can't make a unilateral decision on how this situation is handled, but the admin team is slowly trickling in this morning with their input.

Sorry again, Syl, that you're stuck in this position. I know it sucks. It would have been amazing to have you back home in Osiris, but I know you have to stand up for yourself. No hard feelings on my part. We will get this answered and take the load off of your mind as quickly as we can.

I believe what Altino is saying here is extremely important to consider. The NSGP server isn't solely managed by Altino, and the server itself is a rather critical part of our community as gameplayers. A ban from a server is (obviously) an extreme measure that needs to be taken with the appropriate caution. The blame for the action cannot fall solely on Altino, and, what's more, using the actions of Altino as an OOC administrator is, to say the least, an incorrect method of judging her capabilities as an IC leader of a region. Altino isn't an administrator in Osiris, and this dig isn't fair. Regardless, the incident did hurt you and I am sure that is recognized. No one should have to be put in a position that is uncomfortable OOC.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Vulturret wrote:using the actions of Altino as an OOC administrator is, to say the least, an incorrect method of judging her capabilities as an IC leader of a region. Altino isn't an administrator in Osiris, and this dig isn't fair.

Altino is the Pharaoh in Osiris, a responsibility which carries with it protecting Osirans against toxic elements. I use the actions of Altino in this situation to judge her capability in an area that I find severely important due to my experiences on NationStates and previously in Osiris itself. You may see it as a "dig", and you may call it unfair, but your opinion does not matter to me. I am making the choice that is best for me and sharing my reasoning so others may do the same.

I'd also like to stress the fact that I told Altino privately that I was going to keep this entire incident within the boundaries of IC on these forums, without making any mention to what happened in the NSGP Discord. I thought it was implied that I didn't want her to mention it either. I guess I should have been more clear.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Vulturret wrote:using the actions of Altino as an OOC administrator is, to say the least, an incorrect method of judging her capabilities as an IC leader of a region. Altino isn't an administrator in Osiris, and this dig isn't fair.

Altino is the Pharaoh in Osiris, a responsibility which carries with it protecting Osirans against toxic elements. I use the actions of Altino in this situation to judge her capability in an area that I find severely important due to my experiences on NationStates and previously in Osiris itself. You may see it as a "dig", and you may call it unfair, but your opinion does not matter to me. I am making the choice that is best for me and sharing my reasoning so others may do the same.

I'd also like to stress the fact that I told Altino privately that I was going to keep this entire incident within the boundaries of IC on these forums, without making any mention to what happened in the NSGP Discord. I thought it was implied that I didn't want her to mention it either. I guess I should have been more clear.

Ummm yeah giving context is a good idea. If you are proclaiming it as you did, it sounds like you are discontent with the de-proscription of TGW or some other recent decisions that were made by the Pharao.

That being said, sorry for the stress you've been through :/
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Kurnugia wrote:Ummm yeah giving context is a good idea. If you are proclaiming it as you did, it sounds like you are discontent with the de-proscription of TGW or some other recent decisions that were made by the Pharao.

Between "giving context" by explaining a situation that was hurtful to me to an open forum, and being misunderstood due to the lack of context, I was perfectly happy with the latter. Now I find myself in some uncomfortable middle-ground of having to justify my actions after a hurtful event to an open forum.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:14 pm

RiderSyl wrote:I thought it was implied that I didn't want her to mention it either. I guess I should have been more clear.

...Oh. >.>

Ah, sorry. You came across like you were keeping things vague for my benefit. Which I thought was nice, but unnecessary. It didn't even occur to me that you might have been doing it for your own benefit. That's my bad. :(
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm just going to comment here on the importance of keeping IC and OOC separate and why increasingly this seems to become critical in NS. IC a lot of us have varying levels of hate\meh\loveships that have everything to do with the characters we play. OOC a lot of us have people we actually like socializing with\dms\late night vcs\etc.

Altino, as Pharaoh of Osiris which is a IC role, just got in power and usually tries to be on the more level-headed side of things compared to many players.

Mixing up the NSGP issue, which seems entirely OOC (and basically that worst effed up part where you have to deal with bad, depressing things that often make people want to quit the game), and her reign doesn't make sense at all.

While I had IC comments to make about proscriptions, I'll save that cake for another day.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 am

I don't why you're specifically bringing up Altino. I was involved as well. Maybe it's because Altino had decided to issue as warning because there was an obvious flame that happened. Now the OOC issue was at first not clear cut because it seemed as someone was ignorant and unknowing about the particular issue that has to do with you.

I posted that, aside from the flame, the comments were insensitive, which would be true regardless of ignorance or not. I spoke to them as well and flared up the whole event for admin decision. Most things do not go straight to that or farther than that. I used to make more often than not unilateral choices, but have since done my best to deal with everything as a group. It seems if myself or even one of us makes our own choices we get complaints and if we do it as a group (which takes longer) we gets complaints. The whole group didn't even weigh in, but 2/3rds at least did and a decision was made.

No one wants anyone to suffer, so if you have some suggestions on a better policy, then please share. I ask you stop going after Altino alone. She knew I sent up the flare for group decision, which is why she didn't take any action other than to hand down for the original flame itself. So, you can blame me or the whole group.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

The Sygian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Hello,

The Department of Propaganda Endeavors (DOPE) has released their debut film.

Check it out.

Cheers,

Sygian Vytherov
Chief Executive of DOPE
Last edited by The Sygian on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sygian Vytherov

Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Regent of Auralia
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Imperium of Josh
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Imperium of Josh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Love it

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:39 pm

neat video
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:39 pm

This is the dopest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2016
Capitalizt

Postby The Holy Principality of Saint Mark » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm

That was terrific, Syg!
Thanks for putting it together!
Marcarius Halohin (Halo)
Dragon-Emperor Emeritus of TWP

Priest of Osiris
Founder and Patriarch of Edlhus
Ascended Sage of Karma
Archbishop of Albion
Dean of the Cathedral of Saint Agatha the Squatcher

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark

Padhia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Padhia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

The Sygian wrote:Hello,

Check it out.

Cheers,

Sygian Vytherov
Chief Executive of DOPE

Art.
That is all there is to say about this.
- Aegis Calxur

Ghostfox
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Ghostfox » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Check it out.

Cheers,

Sygian Vytherov
Chief Executive of DOPE

That was the best. O.O
Badger - Lynxi is my RL spirit child.

Anabelle I
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anabelle I » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Check it out.

Cheers,

Sygian Vytherov
Chief Executive of DOPE

This is amazing! And so funny.
Hasal-Pharaoh Mahira Anabelle Halohin
Child of Osiris
Proud daughter of Halo
Pharaoh of Osiris
Guardian of Osiris
Vizier of Community Affairs
Sub-Vizier of Community Affairs
Priestess of Osiris
Diplomat of Osiris

Awarded - Scale of Ma'at

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 pm

What did I just watch

The Sygian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Glad you all enjoyed it. :)
Sygian Vytherov

Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Regent of Auralia

Glacikaldr
Envoy

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Glacikaldr » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Amazing :' )
TRR's THIRD MOST PROLIFIC OOFA

WikiStates - Glacikaldr

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay