NATION

PASSWORD

Tech/development levels

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Verwood Island Archipelago
Attaché

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Tech/development levels

Postby Verwood Island Archipelago » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:14 am

So does anybody here know if tables/rules relating to the above exist or if we just use our own imagination?

By that I mean what do all the numbers mean in relation to the real world? I.e. what level of technological advancement does the stat for scientific advancement really represent? What level of integrated public transport does that stat really represent and so on.

I see that there are banners so maybe we just go by these but these seem to quite broad in their approach.

Does the question make sense?

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verwood Island Archipelago » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:30 am

Or perhaps more simply has anyone had any thoughts as to what the modern world would like in terms of nation stats?

I realise that these might vary slightly from RL nation to RL but I thought they might provide a good bench mark.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verwood Island Archipelago » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Nobody has any thoughts on this then?

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Verwood Island Archipelago wrote:So does anybody here know if tables/rules relating to the above exist or if we just use our own imagination?

By that I mean what do all the numbers mean in relation to the real world? I.e. what level of technological advancement does the stat for scientific advancement really represent? What level of integrated public transport does that stat really represent and so on.

I see that there are banners so maybe we just go by these but these seem to quite broad in their approach.

NS stats are very difficult to apply to the real world and vice versa. I believe that most roleplayers just use their imagination regarding their technological development rather than relying on in game data.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verwood Island Archipelago » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Verwood Island Archipelago wrote:So does anybody here know if tables/rules relating to the above exist or if we just use our own imagination?

NS stats are very difficult to apply to the real world and vice versa. I believe that most roleplayers just use their imagination regarding their technological development rather than relying on in game data.

Ah okay - cool.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply.

Return to Gameplay