NATION

PASSWORD

Can we talk about the zombie thing for a second?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Founded: Oct 10, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Can we talk about the zombie thing for a second?

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:49 pm

I made the mistake of posting this question into the World Assembly :blush: , so hopefully I can talk about it here.

Did it bother anyone else that we couldn't cure our own nation of zombies? :?

I would think that, in normal circumstances, a nation would want to give a cure to it's own citizens, right? :blink: Especially in regions that are smaller or where other nations aren't responding to your request for cure missiles.

What do you guys think?

Troperia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Troperia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:51 pm

You CAN cure yourselves....with the help of other nations. Once you find the cure together, there is nothing to stop you from curing your own citizens! Seriously, I'm pretty sure the zombie apocalypse is to promote a sense of unity and cooperation between nations of a certain region. I guess it's up to them to do that or not.

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:00 pm

I understand what you mean, but at the same time I don't. :unsure:

I still don't understand why a nation wouldn't give a cure, that it made, to it's own nation along with other nations. Shouldn't a nation have a choice whether or not it will cure itself or let other nations do it?

I understand what you mean about "unity" and I think that's a good thing. I just don't know if that necessarily works in every region.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:53 pm

SchoolHouse Rock wrote:I understand what you mean, but at the same time I don't. :unsure:

I still don't understand why a nation wouldn't give a cure, that it made, to it's own nation along with other nations. Shouldn't a nation have a choice whether or not it will cure itself or let other nations do it?

I understand what you mean about "unity" and I think that's a good thing. I just don't know if that necessarily works in every region.

Simply put, it would make it too easy to get rid of zombies at the beginning, especially at the beginning of Z-Day. It's all about game balance.
See You Space Cowboy...

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 pm

But whatever causes the zombie apocalypse (is it a virus?) can mutate, so even if you cured them they can still come back.

Also nations with over a billion zombies usually start off with a lot of zombies (maybe around 100 million or more) so I highly doubt that it would be easy to cure them all (I've tried with other nations, it's hard).

And if you do have a cure and so do neighboring nations, you can cure your nation faster and then get to other nations that need help.

And (larger) nations would be able to at least keep their zombie populations steady and controlled while they wait for help.

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:06 pm

How about this, next year if you choose to launch a cure missile at your own nation, it doesn't cure the zombies, but it slows infection. That nations still have to work together, but smaller less helpful nations can fight them off perhaps just long enough for back up. This way the affect isn't so big that Zday becomes easy, but also serves a somewhat meaningful purpose. Just an idea.

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:21 pm

An interesting idea. However, I feel the cure is kind of like this already. You can only cure a couple million at a time (sometimes just one million). For larger nations with larger amounts of zombies, this already makes the cure to bigger nations as just something that slows down the infection.

And like I said, the zombie disease can mutate. Curing all your zombies does not mean that they won't come back.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 pm

You can cure your own people. Assuming you start research before your nation/region is too severely overrun, your infected population will gradually convert back to survivors on its own, even without any intervention by other nations.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Oh, maybe I just started too late then.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:18 am

SchoolHouse Rock wrote:Oh, maybe I just started too late then.

It might also be because you're in a large region. Large regions tend to have trouble controlling the infection at the regional level because it's hard to coordinate so many players. If the infection is out of control at the regional level, your nation can get overrun by zombies that spill in from other nations.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:36 am

Actually the opposite. I'm talking about smaller regions, where one or two countries is working on a cure but the other nations are either indifferent or just not responding.

The Gipper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Gipper » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:41 pm

USS Monitor wrote:You can cure your own people. Assuming you start research before your nation/region is too severely overrun, your infected population will gradually convert back to survivors on its own, even without any intervention by other nations.

I thought that only happened if the whole region gets its Z-Rating to a negative value? As in, researching a cure doesn't do anything except gradually reducing the overall region's Z-Rating (or at least slowing its growth in huge regions), which affected each nation in the region equally, regardless if they were actually curing.

SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:30 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
SchoolHouse Rock wrote:Oh, maybe I just started too late then.

It might also be because you're in a large region. Large regions tend to have trouble controlling the infection at the regional level because it's hard to coordinate so many players. If the infection is out of control at the regional level, your nation can get overrun by zombies that spill in from other nations.

Actually the opposite. I'm talking about smaller regions, where one or two countries is working on a cure but the other nations are either indifferent or just not responding.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:28 pm

SchoolHouse Rock wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Solution: Have more puppets. If all of your puppet nations are in the same region and research a cure, it makes it easier to get them all cured up.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:42 pm

The Gipper wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:You can cure your own people. Assuming you start research before your nation/region is too severely overrun, your infected population will gradually convert back to survivors on its own, even without any intervention by other nations.

I thought that only happened if the whole region gets its Z-Rating to a negative value? As in, researching a cure doesn't do anything except gradually reducing the overall region's Z-Rating (or at least slowing its growth in huge regions), which affected each nation in the region equally, regardless if they were actually curing.

I'm not sure of exactly how the mechanics work, but my infected population definitely started converting back to survivors before I got hit with any cure missiles, so I figured it was due to researching the cure and not being in a heavily infected region.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Your choice of what to do definitely affects your nation. Choosing to eliminate them will have your military slowly cull the infected in your nation. (In Capitalist Paradise, the only dead were in nations researching kill squads or people hit by kill squads). Embracing the hordes will drastically increase the infection rate. You just don't recognize the effect of choosing research, because, from what I have observed, it seems to slightly reduce infection rate until late-game where you begin curing your citizens every hour.
See You Space Cowboy...

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay