NATION

PASSWORD

So what happens if all leaders in a region leave?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
British Home Islands and North America
Civilian

Founded: Jul 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

So what happens if all leaders in a region leave?

Postby British Home Islands and North America » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:19 pm

So I'm fairly new to the game, and joined a random small region, like 8 people total. As it turned out, pretty much all of them were inactives and now it's just me and one other nation (who I suspect might also be inactive). Unfortunately, none of the region leadership positions belonged to either of us. What's the procedure for when a region's founder, WA delegate, security officer, etc all disappear leaving no-one to control the region?

Teruko Goto
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Teruko Goto » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:11 pm

It dies and becomes a tag target for raiders like me.
Praetor of 21st Century Rome

Also known as Trever or Marcus Valerius Corvus

Chimp Place
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chimp Place » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Teruko Goto wrote:It dies and becomes a tag target for raiders like me.

Pretty much. If the founder leaves, the delegate becomes the executive, and if nobody is there any raider group can take the position.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 pm

So there's no way to stop trolls from ruining a themed region?

Wonderful.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:51 pm

The Master Reice wrote:So there's no way to stop trolls from ruining a themed region?

Wonderful.

Don't let the Founder CTE (and make sure the delegacy is non-executive). Once the Founder abandons the region it's released the big bad wolves of GP so that the players will either grow stronger without one, or move on to greener pastures.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:55 pm

The Master Reice wrote:So there's no way to stop trolls from ruining a themed region?

Wonderful.

If none of the leaders care about it enough to stick around, why should it matter?

Wonderful.

Ain't no stopping the raiderin! :D

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:14 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:

Wonderful.

If none of the leaders care about it enough to stick around, why should it matter?

Because the members can still care about the region, even if the broken system doesn't allow them to do anything about it.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:If none of the leaders care about it enough to stick around, why should it matter?

Because the members can still care about the region, even if the broken system doesn't allow them to do anything about it.

Then leave and make a new region with the exact same shit? Really not that hard to do a refound.

Wonderful.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:56 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Because the members can still care about the region, even if the broken system doesn't allow them to do anything about it.

Then leave and make a new region with the exact same shit? Really not that hard to do a refound.

Except you can't make a region with a name that already exists, and it can't die because of this lurker that just joined.

So now it's stuck tagged by a region of edgelords for no reason.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:23 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:Then leave and make a new region with the exact same shit? Really not that hard to do a refound.

Except you can't make a region with a name that already exists, and it can't die because of this lurker that just joined.

"Region of edgelords". I like that one, tbh. Haven't heard that in a while.

Wonderful.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:43 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Except you can't make a region with a name that already exists, and it can't die because of this lurker that just joined.

"Region of edgelords". I like that one, tbh. Haven't heard that in a while.

Seriously, look at yourselves.

It's like a 12-year-old founded your region. Now I have to look at your retarded shit all the time.
Last edited by The Master Reice on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:08 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:"Region of edgelords". I like that one, tbh. Haven't heard that in a while.

It's like a 12-year-old founded your region. Now I have to look at your retarded shit all the time.

Hey, now. We are just having fun in this, same as you. We are one of those "themed regions" you mentioned earlier :D we just happen to have fun in a different way. Plenty of games have mechanics that allow for warfare in some form and you don't see players losing their shit. NS happens to be one of those, but the players do lose their shit.

Wonderful.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:"Region of edgelords". I like that one, tbh. Haven't heard that in a while.

*** Warned For Flamebait ***

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Seriously, look at yourselves.

Hey, now. We are just having fun in this, same as you. We are one of those "themed regions" you mentioned earlier :D we just happen to have fun in a different way. Plenty of games have mechanics that allow for warfare in some form and you don't see players losing their shit. NS happens to be one of those, but the players do lose their shit.

Except that isn't warfare, that's just using an exploit to fuck with people's flags and factbooks and do nothing actually pertaining to the game.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Seriously, look at yourselves.

*** Warned For Flamebait ***

What a helpful contribution to the situation.

UIJ
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:Hey, now. We are just having fun in this, same as you. We are one of those "themed regions" you mentioned earlier :D we just happen to have fun in a different way. Plenty of games have mechanics that allow for warfare in some form and you don't see players losing their shit. NS happens to be one of those, but the players do lose their shit.

Except that isn't warfare, that's just using an exploit to fuck with people's flags and factbooks and do nothing actually pertaining to the game.

It's actually part of the game....
I am tired of summies :alas:
Pro: you reading my lore and getting kinda sad, maybe a lil glum, then seeing the Hooshers and getting a lil happy, ☣️☢️☣️

Anti: anyone under the age of 20, summies, generic boring nations, super tryhard edgelord nations, NSG, NSGers (all of them)

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:Hey, now. We are just having fun in this, same as you. We are one of those "themed regions" you mentioned earlier :D we just happen to have fun in a different way. Plenty of games have mechanics that allow for warfare in some form and you don't see players losing their shit. NS happens to be one of those, but the players do lose their shit.

You're the one who decides what pertains to the game now? Have Max and game staff not repeatedly said that raiding isn't going anywhere? Whether you like it or not, R/D is an integral part of this game and it wouldn't be much without it. R/D is what created the Security Council. R/D is what allows greater cooperation between regions due to military operations. Etc.

Wonderful.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:41 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Except that isn't warfare, that's just using an exploit to fuck with people's flags and factbooks and do nothing actually pertaining to the game.

You're the one who decides what pertains to the game now? Have Max and game staff not repeatedly said that raiding isn't going anywhere? Whether you like it or not, R/D is an integral part of this game and it wouldn't be much without it. R/D is what created the Security Council. R/D is what allows greater cooperation between regions due to military operations. Etc.

Raiding is for delegates. That wasn't raiding, it was just vandalism.
Last edited by The Master Reice on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 pm

The Master Reice wrote:
HYDRA Soldier III wrote:You're the one who decides what pertains to the game now? Have Max and game staff not repeatedly said that raiding isn't going anywhere? Whether you like it or not, R/D is an integral part of this game and it wouldn't be much without it. R/D is what created the Security Council. R/D is what allows greater cooperation between regions due to military operations. Etc.

Raiding is for delegates. That wasn't raiding, it was just vandalism.

I don't think I understand your statement. "Raiding is for delegates"? Yes. In raiding, we seize the vulnerable delegacy. Can you clarify what you meant?

Wonderful.

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Seems I expected this site to make more sense than it actually does. Seems to me like the site's creator was just lazy as hell and decided to call an exploit a feature instead of preventing it from happening, or at least changing how admins are assigned so it's actually possible for the remaining region members to do something about it.
All for the benefit of vandals.

May as well make a password-locked region, wait for NERV to die, then remake NERV.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:04 pm

The Master Reice wrote:Seems I expected this site to make more sense than it actually does. Seems to me like the site's creator was just lazy as hell and decided to call an exploit a feature instead of preventing it from happening, or at least changing how admins are assigned so it's actually possible for the remaining region members to do something about it.

May as well make a password-locked region, wait for NERV to die, then remake NERV.

You're mad about all this because your region got tagged? :rofl: Come on. All you have to do is wait for that other guy to CTE or get him to move out with you and then refound it after it CTEs due to it not having any nations. I mean, was NERV exactly a thriving, active community before we got to it?

Wonderful.

The United Republic of the Helghan Race
Envoy

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Republic of the Helghan Race » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 pm

HYDRA has a point and I'm not just saying that because I use to raid. If you don't want your region to get raided and you are not an officer of said region and the rest are dead then leave the region and make a similar one, make the WA non exec (in case it ends up the same way) and only appoint those that are active. It also helps to set time limits on said officers and have it all set up to have them change every now and then to make sure they are in fact still active. Finally passwords help but those aren't always 100% effective. (as my time as a raider I successfully stealth raided 18 regions on my own and with others that had passwords because they were easy to guess and that they were leaked by one of the people in the region)
That brings me to my final point. IT'S A GAME HAVE FUN IT'S NOT FUN WHEN THERE ARE WHINERS LIKE YOU WHO DON'T KNOW IT'S ACTUALLY ENCOURAGED TO TAKE PART ON BOTH SIDES DEFENDING AND RAIDING!!!!!!! You don't have to join if you don't want to but don't complain if you don't actually take part. It is your fault for not having a back up of your region's WFE if you do not believe me then drop what you're doing and make one in case the inevitable happens and your regional leader CTE's and your region gets raided due to horrible security and in active officers.

Remember... Fly Safe.
High General of Auralia, Khalif of LWU, Your Eternal Damnation incarnated, and the Scourage of NS solely known as Wolfy!

The Master Reice
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Reice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 pm

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:
The Master Reice wrote:Seems I expected this site to make more sense than it actually does. Seems to me like the site's creator was just lazy as hell and decided to call an exploit a feature instead of preventing it from happening, or at least changing how admins are assigned so it's actually possible for the remaining region members to do something about it.

You're mad about all this because your region got tagged? :rofl: Come on. All you have to do is wait for that other guy to CTE or get him to move out with you and then refound it after it CTEs due to it not having any nations. I mean, was NERV exactly a thriving, active community before we got to it?

"All you have to do is tear everything down and start from scratch"

Kill yourself.

Vapid Vasentius
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vapid Vasentius » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Or maybe it's because games about political simulation and freedom to rule sometimes involves people raiding and doing coups. There's a freedom of choice that Max has Chosen to preserve, not because he likes raiding, but because he wants to be very laissez-faire because he understands that people here are mature enough to handle politics and aspects of said raiding. And I'd be careful about who you call lazy. I mean, you haven't written several novels, and he has. Additionally, he upkeeps a website and has continued to do so for 14 years. That's more than 99% of us could ever claim to do. If you don't like his site, you're more than free to leave. Change the password on your nation and just never come back. You're the only one keeping yourself in this world of injustice.

Also, it would be very easy for the mods to ban raiding. I have no doubt some would like that very much. Its preservation is solely due to Max's will, not his laziness. It would be a lot easier for the mods if raiding were just made straight up illegal, so they could ban anyone making infractions on those rules at a whim, but it's not going to be. I'm sorry to sink your ship.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:16 pm

The Master Reice wrote:"All you have to do is tear everything down and start from scratch"

Kill yourself.

The Master Reice: Regardless of your opinion on raiding, that is unacceptable. *** 1-day ban for flaming. ***
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay