NATION

PASSWORD

THE WEST PACIFIC News & Info

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:31 pm

I am dissapointed in the TG for several reasons. One I met Xoriet when I was new to the game and she has been an excellent mentor and friend. Of all the things she could have tried to manipulate me into doing, she's done none of them. So the baseless accusation is bewildering. I remember very well those who have tried to use me and those that have not and believe me that list of actual manipulators will be forever etched in memory.

Halo Rahl has been nothing but the kindest person to me and others. In an OOC way I have great respect for Neenee and have talked to her in the past about stressful RL stuff and appreciated her voice. The others on the TG I have not interacted with as much but feel are also respectable players of the game. So I continue to be highly surprised at the TG because I don't understand the motivations behind it or why it was worded that way. Or like why players don't communicate better with each other.

We as a community are trying to get better about the lines we sometimes cross. Lines that blur between IC and OOC, lines that cross good taste and judgement. Whether you look at that TG personally and think, "irony is strong here," or look at it on a political level and think, "what a waste of capital and potential" it continues to be mind-boggling.

Please TWP, you're better than this. Every day I look at the server avatar change and learn something new. This was just a low blow and uncouth.
Last edited by Escade on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Founded: Dec 07, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 am

Personally, I always thought every single one of the individuals who sent that telegram wold be above airing their dirty laundry in public, but evidently not, in all honesty this is quite saddening to see TWP, probably one of the most well mannered and respectful GCRs in the game, stoop as low as this. However there is always the possibility this is actually a joke and for the sake of decency and decorum I hope it is.
Last edited by Th Empire of Wymondham on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unless stated otherwise my views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NSToday or the Osiran Government
NSToday PR Director and Osiris Vizier of FA

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:09 am

I'd rather have you show some evidence behind your claim of "manipulation". I'm not sure what your motivations against commending Xoriet are, but if you're claiming something as manipulation evidence would be appreciated.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ryccia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 am

Pointless chatter. I must admit that I know not much of these "Rahls" or of the West Pacific in general, but it is evident even to myself that this is a foul personal attack on Xoriet. If a government, an official institution governing a region (and, crucially, it is a GCR of all things), is going to begin an attempted character assasination with no evidence whatsoever, that sets a dirty standard for it. State-sanctioned, figurative murder. Think twice before doing this again, it is despicable.

You remind me of the Chinese Communist Party, wherein a group of persons uses the official institutions of government like parasites to gain personal goals. Whomever are ruling the West Pacific, they use the region's tools of government to attack their personal enemies. I pity the West Pacific for being ruled by such vain and manipulative individuals.

But then again, the nature of this region gives me some clues on how to view it: several "Empire" members are top officials in their government, and they are allied with Balder. Now this?
How low can you get?
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:15 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Let's not paint all the Rahls with too broad a brush, for what it's worth. Halo is a Rahl and he's the one they're undermining.

So much about the right of the sitting delegate and delegate supremacy :eyebrow:
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005

Postby Darkesia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:01 am

I'm at a loss. This why we have a closed forum for the Guardians! This is a cultural blow to TWP that will take some fancy footwork to undo.

I apologize to the region for not paying attention to the crumbling relationships and the deteriorating trust inside the Guardians Hall. I hope there is resolution and restoration quickly.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am

Looks like Halo has responded
12 minutes ago: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark updated the World Factbook entry in The West Pacific.

14 minutes ago: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark removed Appearance, Border Control, Communications, and Embassies authority from  Davelands and renamed the office from "Less than Semi-Retired Minister of IA & Guardian" to "Minister of IA" in The West Pacific.

15 minutes ago: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark dismissed Neenee as Regional Librarian of The West Pacific.

16 minutes ago: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark dismissed Big Bad Badger as Classiest Badger, Interim Minister of WA, & Consigliere of The West Pacific.

16 minutes ago: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark removed Border Control and Communications authority from  Overthinkers and renamed the office from "Interim R&C Minister & Guardian" to "R&C Minister" in The West Pacific.
Unless stated otherwise my views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NSToday or the Osiran Government

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:17 am

Well, Halo has shown his strength. Time will tell if this ends the drama or escalates it.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Pergamon wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Let's not paint all the Rahls with too broad a brush, for what it's worth. Halo is a Rahl and he's the one they're undermining.

So much about the right of the sitting delegate and delegate supremacy :eyebrow:

Those involved don't actually believe in that. They believe in their rights and their supremacy. It's always been that way with the Empire crowd.

In any event, congratulations to Halo for doing what needed to be done. If they give you anymore trouble, Halo, lots of people will have your back.

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:20 pm

I’d be willing to help as well, for what it’s worth.
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

King Bradley wrote:I’d be willing to help as well, for what it’s worth.

I Highly believe that your help is not welcome in any place.
"It is wise to follow proper channels of communication, but communication is a two lanes road. You evade it, and you will have a problem." ~ Khanter W. Molchaniye.

My Statements are under my own responsibility and without any official representation of the regions in which I belong.

Framed by a Browser Console and photoshop
Founder of The Empire of Aztlan

Roavin April/4/19 At 1:22 am
I CAN NEVER FIND MY F*****G SOCKS
Cormac June/4/19 12:11
We're talking about food in #neutral_ground, NS families in #military_gameplay, I'm uh not sure what in #security_council but not SC resolutions...
This server is anarchy! Anarchy I say!

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:31 pm

King Bradley wrote:I’d be willing to help as well, for what it’s worth.

The underlying assumption in your statement is that any self respecting GCR or UCR with any inkling as to your past actions would even consider your assistance or even your presence in their off-site property for more than a picosecond is mind boggling far fetched and
just downright wrong
Last edited by Th Empire of Wymondham on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Neenee was replaced with Dali? Sigh. RIP.

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2016
Capitalizt

Postby The Holy Principality of Saint Mark » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I normally wouldn't address this here as this is an internal matter, but as it has been all over GP already, I felt a statement was in order.
Here is a copy of the telegram that I have sent to The West Pacific ...

To My Dear Residents of The West Pacific:
I want to address the recent unpleasantness.
Some of my trusted Guardians took it upon themselves to send a telegram to all of the members of the World Assembly in our region
... except for myself ...
asking you to vote a specific way in a resolution. Asking you to do so is not wrong. What is wrong is using the communication authority that I gave them to send all of you a telegram and to do so signing it with their regional offices. I have asked them to make things right, after all everyone makes mistakes, but they do not wish to do so.
Therefore, I have removed them from their Guardian positions. Please withdraw your endorsements from Davelands, Badger, Neenee and Overthinkers. They retain whatever elected offices they hold and I will not eject them from this region, their home.
I hope this is a temporary measure.
I remain grateful for their friendship and honored by their assistance.
With Regards,
Delegate of The West Pacific

I appreciate all the support I have been shown in this situation. You have all been very kind.
I bear no ill will toward anyone. TWP has always been a region that appreciates civility and good behavior. I stated when I assumed the Delegacy that I wished to help protect that legacy.
This is the end of the matter, in my mind.
We have some great plans for the future!
Marcarius Halohin (Halo)
Dragon-Emperor Emeritus of TWP

Priest of Osiris
Founder and Patriarch of Edlhus
Ascended Sage of Karma
Archbishop of Albion
Dean of the Cathedral of Saint Agatha the Squatcher

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Amestris has worked to get Commend Xoriet to pass. I thank you for your respectable and swift action in this, Halo.

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark wrote:I normally wouldn't address this here as this is an internal matter, but as it has been all over GP already, I felt a statement was in order.
Here is a copy of the telegram that I have sent to The West Pacific ...

To My Dear Residents of The West Pacific:
I want to address the recent unpleasantness.
Some of my trusted Guardians took it upon themselves to send a telegram to all of the members of the World Assembly in our region
... except for myself ...
asking you to vote a specific way in a resolution. Asking you to do so is not wrong. What is wrong is using the communication authority that I gave them to send all of you a telegram and to do so signing it with their regional offices. I have asked them to make things right, after all everyone makes mistakes, but they do not wish to do so.
Therefore, I have removed them from their Guardian positions. Please withdraw your endorsements from Davelands, Badger, Neenee and Overthinkers. They retain whatever elected offices they hold and I will not eject them from this region, their home.
I hope this is a temporary measure.
I remain grateful for their friendship and honored by their assistance.
With Regards,
Delegate of The West Pacific

I appreciate all the support I have been shown in this situation. You have all been very kind.
I bear no ill will toward anyone. TWP has always been a region that appreciates civility and good behavior. I stated when I assumed the Delegacy that I wished to help protect that legacy.
This is the end of the matter, in my mind.
We have some great plans for the future!

very well handled, disappointing that it had to come to that though
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:18 pm

King Bradley wrote:Amestris has worked to get Commend Xoriet to pass. I thank you for your respectable and swift action in this, Halo.

Again, Amestris Opinion does not matter.
"It is wise to follow proper channels of communication, but communication is a two lanes road. You evade it, and you will have a problem." ~ Khanter W. Molchaniye.

My Statements are under my own responsibility and without any official representation of the regions in which I belong.

We're talking about food in #neutral_ground, NS families in #military_gameplay, I'm uh not sure what in #security_council but not SC resolutions...

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Neenee was replaced with Dali? Sigh. RIP.

I'm not shocked by your opinion regarding my appointment (rather, I'd be shocked if you approved), however my goal as Minister of Education and now Guardian is to support the Delegate and to make sure that the many good plans and priorities he has are carried out effectively to the benefit of West Pacificans. Halo has my full loyalty, admiration and respect, and I want to help him make TWP an even better region.
Last edited by Dalimbar on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Unless it is codified in law that a delegate cannot remove or apply regional permissions under their authority, the TWP delegate would be technically in the right.

If so, the questions should then be:
1) Should the delegate be allowed to do this?
2) Should the law be changed to disallow this?
3) If the Delegate has replaced a Regional Officer, were they are good choice.

That would be my ten cents as a private citizen.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005

Postby Darkesia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:18 pm

TWP holds the Delegate as the supreme authority in the gameside region. They are free to appoint (or not) Guardians and ROs as they see fit.

There is no question of what the delegate has the authority to do. Why even ask such a silly thing?

"Technically in the right" ... hmmmph! Halo is Delegate.

I dare you to ask those questions in a room full of TWPers.
You would end up in roofur Rehab before the word "codified" finished oozing from your lips.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2016
Capitalizt

Postby The Holy Principality of Saint Mark » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Darkesia wrote:~snipping out the wonderful quote and leaving dark chocolate in its place~

Well said!

:clap:
Marcarius Halohin (Halo)
Dragon-Emperor Emeritus of TWP

Priest of Osiris
Founder and Patriarch of Edlhus
Ascended Sage of Karma
Archbishop of Albion
Dean of the Cathedral of Saint Agatha the Squatcher

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Where is the like button on here for Dark's post?
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 pm

I feel like Dali is a good choice for TWP.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Darkesia wrote:TWP holds the Delegate as the supreme authority in the gameside region. They are free to appoint (or not) Guardians and ROs as they see fit.

There is no question of what the delegate has the authority to do. Why even ask such a silly thing?

"Technically in the right" ... hmmmph! Halo is Delegate.

I dare you to ask those questions in a room full of TWPers.
You would end up in roofur Rehab before the word "codified" finished oozing from your lips.
If venting a little at some random foreigner gives you closure on TWP politics you are welcome to do so. It is a game after all, and it doesn't really matter. So long as that floats your boat or makes you feel better, then by all means as NS politics gets tense and offense is taken on minor details.

They are fair questions for a non-TWPer. If you don't like your political system, how your delegate operates, or how ROs are appointed, then vote or convince your delegate to change the rules.

I don't need to enter TWP as I am not a TWPer, and this is their embassy. You know, where non-TWPers innocently ask questions.

It wasn't meant as more than that. But if you need a punching bag to work off tension, by all means. Even send me a TG if you feel like it, as I have thick skin.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:29 pm

New Rogernomics wrote:If venting a little at some random foreigner gives you closure on TWP politics you are welcome to do so. It is a game after all, and it doesn't really matter. So long as that floats your boat or makes you feel better, then by all means as NS politics gets tense and offense is taken on minor details.

They are fair questions for a non-TWPer. If you don't like your political system, how your delegate operates, or how ROs are appointed, then vote or convince your delegate to change the rules.

I don't need to enter TWP as I am not a TWPer, and this is their embassy. You know, where non-TWPers innocently ask questions.

It wasn't meant as more than that. But if you need a punching bag to work off tension, by all means. Even send me a TG if you feel like it, as I have thick skin.

Dark was not R00d at you. Hope you notice it.

TWP is Meritocracy, Be a guardian in TWP is a Merit to be earned, is not about elections and if non-TWPers like or not Delegate decisions, is not the matter for real, our system works. Why TWP would need a system like Delegate only Representative and then President and Cabinet? That system does not work, That is just to fill the feeling of power, and in my humble opinion that is useless.

also I do not feel like a tension here :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay