NATION

PASSWORD

Renegade Islands Alliance | Shizensky's Retirement

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Catalyse
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Catalyse » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Canton Empire wrote:I just wanna defend stuff
If you want to join the RIA's army then you should join the region and look into it. :p
Last edited by Catalyse on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jumbled up letters.
Former WA Delegate of TRR.
Former some other things.

Warden Roavin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Warden Roavin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I>There have been multiple complains about excessive recruitment. To this day, we have members "swarmed" in their DM's out of nowhere by several wardens at once, badgering them to try defending. That's on the mild end of things that have happened. Are you referring in your post to the time that your org practically gave someone a panic attack with how hard they pushed them to try TGW?

We stopped complaining about that, among other things, because concerns were never properly dealt with, and we surmised our concerns to be falling on deaf ears. Instead, we warn our folks that it may happen, and to not have reservations about blocking people if they're ever uncomfortable. Presumably, some of those warnings make up the logs being threatened.

That is Grade-A Prime-Cut USDA-Approved Bullshit.

TBH approached me and another Warden because of poaching. The antics were so over the top that it made that other Warden convinced they did something wrong, even though they didn't do anything wrong, but I'm not even going to complain about that. You then used as "proof" for some things screenshots that were maliciously taken out of context; my request to "put up or shut up" on other things were ignored. So of course I'm going to ignore that. Show me the juice, and I take care of it. And you know I do, because you mentioned another issue which was legitimate, and has been taken care of. That included filling in Jakker with meticulous details on what was done and why it was done.

I hope you retract that, because I have all these wonderful logs right here and I would love to invite the NSGP community to judge for themselves who's trying to bullshit who right now. Specifically, I think the sauce on how you misconstrued the situation with Money would really work well to uphold your "classy" image.

(Note: "you" in the above refers to you plural, as you weren't one of the individuals reaching out)

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:>Defenders were purged from TBH because recruitment and log-taking were becoming a regular issue. You burned any patience we had, and we no longer had any inclination to keep a hostile force around in our chats. Indeed, we suggested the same to others. As with Naka, I'll switch to a personal note there - several of us were, you could say, wounded, by someone we had been listening to and helping for quite some time turn around, reveal that the issues we'd invested a lot of ourselves into were largely an act, and join in on mocking us for caring. I'm still unhappy with how things went down there. There are ways to spy without leading others on as to your health and state, and making them concerned for your well-being, as part of the ploy.

Regarding the purges, suit yourself, man. Y'all have quoted from TGW's #general chat, and we had quoted from TBH's public channel. If it's in a public channel, who cares? It's public for a reason. Derpsy was the one that pulled all those logs you misconstrued and yet we're still happy to have her participating, along with a bunch of other people that are defenders, raiders, neutrals, independents, unaligned, francoist, and what have you.

Regarding the whole Nakari thing, you're the only one who still thinks you were being led on in that way, and having seen the logs, I don't even get how you reached that conclusion.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:>I believe my criticism of your tool use has revolved more around reliance on, and limited transparency of. Besides Breeze, there are several tools in existence without public source code, and Breeze has also yet to have an updated thread posted. If you'd like to review my discussion in the defender expo to confirm that, be my guest.

:eyebrow:

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:>I can't speak much on your last note, because I've only heard rumor of it exactly once from an unreliable source that refused to provide any proof. It certainly ain't common knowledge, as far as I know.

I'd be happy to provide some info off-site. You have my Discord.

Chingis wrote:I don't know just how much the libcorders trust us, but as lili said, they at least realise they're playing a game where unreasonable hostility towards an org or player is, quite frankly, a dick move.

Basically, members of Lily have the same mask as most defenders on Libcord. What this means is that they can use a bot command to "check in" to an update, which grants another mask to open up the actual operations channel. We trust that members of Lily (and former JTF, to whom this policy also applied) will only check in when they're not doing anything else outside of Libcord, and neither Lily nor JTF have ever broken our trust or given us reasons to believe they would.
Proud member of The Order of the Grey Wardens

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in the above post are my own and not representative of any region I'm a part of.

The player of this nation primarily plays as Roavin.

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Ikania wrote:
The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
I don't see it as a misunderstanding, I am bad at this typing my thoughts out and you did address the gist of what I was basically saying. I am new to typing out serious banter, It's easier for me to say what I mean then typing it. I am working on this its why I am slower to post in here with you folks, I tread lightly and try not to look as newbish as possible.

Froggert's Law: The more invested Toads becomes in a conversation, the better his grammar becomes.

Oh ike don't make my guns turn towards you yet.... Im trying to be nice. But its totally true.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

Hi,

I started NS back in February of 2004. My first nation, Naoi, was recruited to 10000 Islands where I wasn't allowed to do anything because an over-eagerness to do everything was considered suspicious. A month later I created Shizensky and this nation became my new main. I joined another former XKI'er, coup'ed his region, and the Renegade Islands Alliance was born.

It's been 13 years of off-and-mostly-on again with more than enough going on to keep me interested. I've built and rebuilt my own region and helped other small regions build their own communities. I logged in to see most of our offsite forum deleted, and stuck around long enough to witness that group's namesake scrubbed from every corner of the game. I've met some really great people, who I consider myself lucky to know and consider some of the best friends I might ever have in life, even if we've fallen out of touch recently. I've stayed up far too late laughing way too much. In the end it wasn't politics or gameplay keeping me around, it was the friends I made and the joy of their company.

Now it's time to hang it up and walk away. I'm 30-something and real life is way too busy to devote any time to NS anymore. I've got kids and they've got lives I need to be a part of. I've got more school despite swearing I was done. Work is awesome, but I get lost in it. NS gets less and less time every day, and that's not fair to the RIA community. They need a leader who can be there and be devoted to their growth. I can't be that leader anymore, so I need to open the door for someone who can take the lead.

Riveti and Lo will be assuming the responsibilities of Chief Executive of the Renegade Islands Alliance. Riveti has long been a member of the region's Grand Council and has gained a grasp on some of the intricacies of regional decision making. As the Security Officer, Lo has been involved in all of the confidential discussions and has an understanding of where our region fits in other spheres in NS. I'm confident that they'll move the RIA in a positive direction, and the respect they have from our community will help them reach their goals easily.

BT, thanks for always being a cool dude. You work hard and you do great work. Any community that you've dedicated yourself to is better because of it and anybody who says differently probably wasn't paying any attention.

Tanga, thanks for all you've done. You're a pillar of support that's there without even needing to ask for it. You were so good at R/D so fast that we all thought you were a spy and I still can't believe how lucky I was to be the one to get you.

Cormac - We don't necessarily get along in GP, but there was this one time you put in a mod report about those shitty image news updates. That was a bigger deal to me than you probably realized. It sucks struggling to keep up and for people to just laugh it off when I bring it up, but someone was decent enough to want things to be better and that was really awesome to see. It ended up being a spark that fixed a problem. Thanks. :)

Vinnie - I hope you don't give up the tech part of the game. I've always been super stoked about how you took my tiny little NSBreeze and turned it into a full featured tool. I had fun giving you help here and there and watching it grow over the summer. Don't get too carried away though. :P

Roavin - Please stop trying to impose your evil Defender ways on unsuspecting GCRs. It's not nice. They already have to worry about The Best Pacific trying to subvert their culture and laws and now they have to wrestle with TGW over control of their military forces, too?

For real though, being in the same room with you has never not been great.

Everybody at The Grey Wardens - This summer sucked on a personal level. Hanging out with you guys was what kept me together. There's something special and unique that's deeper than the spicy shitpots and I'm glad it's not going anywhere. That's a Discord server I don't plan on leaving.

Fratt and Wop - A while ago I started rebuilding the RIA and I felt like I was wasting my time. Then you guys approached me with this cool treaty idea and it made me feel like there was something worth building that I couldn't see yet. The RIA kept going because of the XYZ Treaty, even if we never really did much with it.

There's a lot to say to a lot of other people but now that I'm trying to list it out, I'm losing a lot of it. I've met, worked with, talked to, and befriended a lot of really great people. For all of my frustrations over 13 years, my memories of NS are largely happy ones. I always came back because I liked it here. Sure it's imperfect, but it's a lot of fun for what it is and I don't regret any of it.

Try to have fun. :)
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am

Shiz, it's been an honor and a blessing. Enjoy your life friend, o7
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Dixadoing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixadoing » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 pm

I learned a great deal from you whilst being in the RIA and I am terribly sad to see you leaving us. However, we are all really lucky to have had you as a mentor, a friend, and a wonderful leader. Thank you for your time and everything you've done for each one of us, and there are a lot of us who look up to you. Stay in touch, only person in the game my age. :)
Your mom.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 pm

<3 ya Shiz

Enjoy your retirement, and thanks for all the fun times!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Shiz! It was great working with you in Renegade Islands and I hope your retirement is an immensely enjoyable one.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Well...shit. Shiz is one of the coolest players I've ever met on NS. He's so chill, easy to work with, skilled, and fun to be around. His experience and wisdom has helped guide me in programming shenanigans and gameplay, especially over the summer when we were chasing and VCing daily.

I hope to still see you around on Wardens Discord from time to time. Thanks for everything you've done for defending over the years and enjoy your retirement! Good luck!
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:50 pm

You're a great friend and I enjoyed updating with you during the summer and the months prior to that. I saw you all the time. I semi retired from updating not too long after you did, so you and some others and those VCs were one of the best memories of mine of the year. You were valuable. and now you'll be more valuable IRL. You wont be forgotten.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Enjoy retirement! :) Hope to see you around in Discord from time to time.

Deathfall
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deathfall » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Shizensky wrote: snip snipe

Shiz,

While you we're here along with the rest of the region, you made me realize along with them about a trillion things on how to roleplay and etc, so thanks. You also teached me how to be a cheeky fenda so, thanks for that too.

We're all here for you if you ever need us.
Need something from me? Send me a Telegram!
Deathfall Jacob They/Them/Theirs Pronouns
Centre-left moderate Austin, Texas, United States of America
Former Principal-Agent primus inter pares of Anarchy
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey, didn't have the opportunity to meet you, but you seem like a cool guy :). Enjoy, spend time with your family. To all, this game cannot override our lives...
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 pm

By the way Shiz, the Sauropods were the best, bwahahaha! :lol:
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 pm

I think the first thing I thought in VC was, "Shiz has a p cool voice" :P You've been a pretty cool and awesome person and fun to update with.

Hope life is lovely and like a good song <3
Last edited by Escade on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Shizensky wrote:Cormac - We don't necessarily get along in GP, but there was this one time you put in a mod report about those shitty image news updates. That was a bigger deal to me than you probably realized. It sucks struggling to keep up and for people to just laugh it off when I bring it up, but someone was decent enough to want things to be better and that was really awesome to see. It ended up being a spark that fixed a problem. Thanks. :)

You're welcome Shiz. I'm glad it got fixed and that it improved your experience in the game a bit.

Best of luck in real life! You've really been a great GPer over the years and contributed a lot to NationStates, and you'll be missed.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 am

That's a bummer to see you go, Shiz. You've been here so long and you seem like a decent dude.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm

It breaks my heart to see you go. I'm not sure if there is anything I can say that hasn't already been said better, but I can confirm that I feel it. Nonetheless, I do get it. I spend an unreasonable amount of time on NS despite work/wife/daughter as it is, and I'll probably have to do the same sooner or later if I want it or not. RL > NS, afterall.

Thanks for being ... well, any adjective wouldn't really do you justice, so I guess the best I can say is thanks for being you, and for the wonderful time we've spent together on this dinky little browser game.
Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord
About me: Longest serving Prime Minister in TSP | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

Feel free to TG me, but not about moderation matters.

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Shiz, my man. o/
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay