NATION

PASSWORD

The Invaders | Ego Sum Ideo Vici

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
T E Lawrence wrote:Nowhere have I ever insinuated that defender opinion influenced or manipulated the LKE, nor have I ever said that diplomatic advice from defenders was taken by the LKE.

If this statement concerns only Evil Wolf, then a private resolution may be more appropriate.

While I do appreciate other voices other than us on our side... can we keep formal external responses away from the views of unaffiliated individuals and only on The Invaders' in this thread?

-- Lawrence.

No such thing as thread ownership in Gameplay. :)

Asking your friends nicely for a favor - is it that much of a foreign concept to you?

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:The idea that the LKE has been "pressing the issue for pages upon pages" is absurd.

To be clear, I was not accusing The LKE, specifically, of doing that. It was intended as a general observation about multiple individuals, and the regions they represent, participating in this discussion to criticize The Invaders. I have already observed that you, representing The LKE, have been more restrained and professional than many others who have participated in this discussion. I also want to make clear that I do not attribute the same motives I have attributed to Europeia to each and every individual participating in the discussion, or to the regions they represent.

Finally, comments directed at North East Somerset shouldn't be construed as being directed at any particular region. He serves as a senior official in at least two regions and in an advisory capacity in others. I don't interpret his words and actions to represent a particular region unless he is explicit in stating that he is representing a particular region.

I just wanted to clear that up, as I don't want my comments to be perceived as offensive or accusatory toward The LKE.

---

Following the Field Commander's earlier advice, I'll be refraining from further comment on this flag issue so The Invaders can have their thread back.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:00 pm

T E Lawrence wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
No such thing as thread ownership in Gameplay. :)

Asking your friends nicely for a favor - is it that much of a foreign concept to you?

-- Lawrence.

Yes, it is. You've got me figured out, Lawrence.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm glad that so many other regions have realized how problematic the use of this imagery is in this era and have actively done something to at least try to curb it.
Last edited by Funkadelia on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Trinnien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Cormac, and some others, often ask "Why now, why wait until July to make any comment?"

The reason is simple. I was elected on July 3rd, that's why. I do not generally participate in military gameplay - I have participated in only a few operations in the entire time I have played NS, a few during my first term as President, and the recent hold in A Liberal Haven. Combine that with the fact that I was on a complete break from NS during the few months between my two terms when TI was revitalized, and I suppose I can be forgiven for not speaking up in June when The Invaders were revived. I can't speak to my predecessors, only to my own directives. I have a strong sense of right and wrong, which can be seen in my responses to the Predator revelation and the Osiran situation, both of which happened during the first time I was President. Similarly here, I feel that the TI flag is offensive. Whether The Invaders wish to change it, is completely their decision. I will not pressure them, nor any of their partners. We just won't partner with them, it's pretty straight forward.

Interestingly, we didn't seem to have much trouble getting together a good size coalition for the A Liberal Haven hold and I know we didn't make any demands on those that participated, mainly because they already knew that we run a good, clean op. We don't cheat, we don't grief, and really, we do it to have fun. Better yet, we try to make sure our targets can hopefully get a chuckle out of our WFE jokes and even helpful RMB posts. Sure, would we be happier if more raiders were like us? I can't say I'd complain, but I think we're doing a pretty good job at working with partners as is.

Really though, we released no official statement, there was no bashing of The Invaders by Europeia - I agreed that I found the flag evocative of Nazi imagery and that it was incompatible with Euro's standards. After that, I made no additional comment, I (nor a proxy) did not pressure TI to make any changes, and I just let it be. Brunhilde made a few personal comments on why she has distaste for the TI flag, and that's been pretty much it on our end.

Now of course, there was that mistaken conversation from Tom Vasentius that had supposedly showcased Europeia's and LKE's pressuring HYDRA to cut off ties with TI, which of course was later corrected and T E Lawerence issued an apology to Euro/LKE for - which I thank him for doing. In his apology he made note that TBH won't work The Invaders. In a shock to no one, the ERN often works with TBH - a dynamic that has showcased that even though our approaches are not the same, we can respect each other's operations. TBH is a known quantity and value to us, why would we potentially risk our partnership with them to work TI instead? So, we have nothing against TI other than we find their flag offensive and we see no reason to cause issues with our other partnerships just to do ops with them. Similarly, I see no reason to have Europeia try to normalize relations with Osiris as long as Cormac makes insinuations against us and our allies in Gameplay. And that's fine - it's pretty easy just to ignore each other.

Anyhow. Best of luck to The Invaders, do what you're gonna do. I strongly disagree with your use of flag, but it is your flag. I'm just going to continue have us not work with you.
Last edited by Trinnien on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying a life of bemused indifference.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:32 am

Dream Killers wrote:Official statement from Lone Wolves United regarding The Land of Kings and Emperors.

Lone Wolves United does not believe that The Land of Kings and Emperors has been influenced or manipulated as such by Defender opinion nor has The Land of Kings and Emperors taken "diplomatic advice" from Defender-aligned parties.

In solidarity,

Lone Wolves United.

Dream Killers
DEER Director

Lies. Onder approaches me for informal diplomatic advice at least twice a week. Last week he wanted to know which way the cutlery goes...

It's pretty weird how absurd a thread on such a matter has become.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:02 am

Guy is right. Look how long this petty distraction has persisted. There are more important matters to be attended to than who does or does not like someone else's flag.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:47 am

The Invaders News Service wrote:On another note, we'd like to announce the addition of a Discord server to our region as an easier way for instant communication. Everyone's free to join, because seriously, we're only going to be on Discord to enjoy company... unless you're there to make trouble. Join here!

New link is here! The old instant invite had a few flaws.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Aeshmadeva Land
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Psychotic Dictatorship

Aesh has pwned you again

Postby Aeshmadeva Land » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 pm

Hey Invaders, remember me? You kicked me out in 2006. I warned you that I would return to take over your region. And now I have.

https://rift.nationstates.net/region=invaders

Yes you can keep Invaders Army, but we all know that Invaders was your original home. And now it's permanently under my control. bwahahhahahahahah!

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:16 am

Aeshmadeva Land wrote:Hey Invaders, remember me? You kicked me out in 2006. I warned you that I would return to take over your region. And now I have.

Yes you can keep Invaders Army, but we all know that Invaders was your original home. And now it's permanently under my control. bwahahhahahahahah!

This may be an assumption, but I don't think they care. Given it's entirely different people then the ones who apparently kicked you out that run it. That's a lot of salt for six years for a trivial issue.
Mekhet of The Black Hawks.

I only represent Mek.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:41 am

Black Mekhet wrote:
Aeshmadeva Land wrote:Hey Invaders, remember me? You kicked me out in 2006. I warned you that I would return to take over your region. And now I have.

This may be an assumption, but I don't think they care. Given it's entirely different people then the ones who apparently kicked you out that run it. That's a lot of salt for six years for a trivial issue.

And even more salt for ten years over a trivial issue. ;)
Cormac Skollvaldr

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:48 am

It's been literally a decade.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:42 am

Cormactopia II wrote:
Black Mekhet wrote:

And even more salt for ten years over a trivial issue. ;)

I had just woke up, I thought it was 2012 :P

I only represent Mek.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 pm

You were puppet-swept in December of 2006 "for harrassment and failure to understand even the basic rules of NS."

Relish your trophy for now.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Aeshmadeva Land
Political Columnist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aeshmadeva Land » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 am

I broke the rules of NS back in 2006 because I didn't really understand them back then - In particular, I made multiple accounts to message a particular member of Invaders (who I think has long since left) when he blocked me for example, and that's probably why I got several nations deleted. 10 years of life experience later, I realize that was dumb and I have no intention of doing stuff like that, or breaking any of the other rules.

You say cherish it "for now" but I'm reasonably sure that I won't get Aeshmadeva Land banned - I haven't broken any rules, and I certainly don't intend to. I know that I broke the rules and got nations deleted last time, but I'm not going to do the same this time.
Last edited by Aeshmadeva Land on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Aeshmadeva Land wrote:I broke the rules of NS back in 2006 because I didn't really understand them back then - In particular, I made multiple accounts to message a particular member of Invaders (who I think has long since left) when he blocked me for example, and that's probably why I got several nations deleted. 10 years of life experience later, I realize that was dumb and I have no intention of doing stuff like that, or breaking any of the other rules.

You say cherish it "for now" but I'm reasonably sure that I won't get Aeshmadeva Land banned - I haven't broken any rules, and I certainly don't intend to. I know that I broke the rules and got nations deleted last time, but I'm not going to do the same this time.

Is that any reason to hold a grudge still? In fact, probably instead of posting that earlier, you could have given them the region and joined up with them properly in good grace because you have moved on from the mistakes of the past a bit wiser. Who knows? But ten years of salt, isn't helpful to you or anyone. Months later, your current elatement won't matter to you or anyone else.

I'd rather do stuff much more fun with people I can be comrades with. That's just my opinion though.

I only represent Mek.

The Invaders News Service
Secretary

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Invaders News Service » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Operation Iron Ore: Sweden Conquered!
11 August 2016

The Invader Network has finally flexed its massive military might. Under the command of Field Marshal T. E. Lawrence, the three member regions (The Invaders, The Communist Bloc, and The Kingdom of Great Britain) led a colossal multiregional coalition consisting of The East Pacific, Osiris, USSD, The Red Fleet, Korean Peoples Army, Lone Wolves United, and Firehelm into Sweden on a very short notice, terminating a fascist stealth invasion by Nazi Europa and company. This operation goes to show that despite friendly, non-cooperative relations with other large organizations, RaidNet continues to dominate in the field through professionalism and skill. Furthermore, this update nails the coffin shut on the debate regarding the flag of The Invaders and The Invader Network, as antifascist forces of USSD, TRF, and KPA collaborated with RaidNet to ensure the defeat of fascist military forces.

The Invaders:

Marshal T. E. Lawrence
Lieutenant Malvacka
Lieutenant The Chan Islanders
Private First Class Elfine

The Communist Bloc:

General Trabardia
Lance Corporal Veloc
Private Josh Conure
Private Masada-Pelosi
Private Eriport
Private Of_Ducktopia

The Kingdom of Great Britain:

King George VI
Fleet Admiral Krimsonland

The East Pacific:

General Greyghost

Osiris:

Marshal General Fedele
Private Yunoa

USSD:

Navy Marshal Neu-Ulm
Captain Concordato Tauriano
Lieutenant Ascendant Humanity
Sailor Ravnabbor
Sailor Weeaboo Jonesy

The Red Fleet:

Squadron Admiral Mansuetus

Korean Peoples Army:

General Zulanka

Lone Wolves United:

Khan Evil Wolf
Khalif Dream Killers
Raider Wolf Torivar
Raider Wolf Alphabetarius

Firehelm:

Lieutenant Personchan

Merc:

Vandoosa

Several days ago, Operation Overshadow was concluded following the Great Battle of Zentari, in which The Invaders emerged victorious in the face of defender scripts and infiltrations. Another service bar has been awarded to all participants, both in the Army and the Legion, for their outstanding work during the operation:

Ego Sum Ideo Vici. Long live The Invaders!
Last edited by The Invaders News Service on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:41 am

Normally, the raiders normally get the words "raids are bad and evil" screamed in their faces by nations. However, I believe that this liberation of Sweden should be praised, and shows that sometimes, raiding isn't always an evil act committed by veiled wizard warriors. Who was that fascist delegate you deposed?
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Aeshmadeva Land
Political Columnist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aeshmadeva Land » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:40 am

Black Mekhet wrote:
Aeshmadeva Land wrote:I broke the rules of NS back in 2006 because I didn't really understand them back then - In particular, I made multiple accounts to message a particular member of Invaders (who I think has long since left) when he blocked me for example, and that's probably why I got several nations deleted. 10 years of life experience later, I realize that was dumb and I have no intention of doing stuff like that, or breaking any of the other rules.

Is that any reason to hold a grudge still? In fact, probably instead of posting that earlier, you could have given them the region and joined up with them properly in good grace because you have moved on from the mistakes of the past a bit wiser. Who knows? But ten years of salt, isn't helpful to you or anyone. Months later, your current elatement won't matter to you or anyone else.

I'd rather do stuff much more fun with people I can be comrades with. That's just my opinion though.

It's not really a grudge. I was a dumb kid back then and kinda understand why I was kicked out. I was a spy for a fenda region, a very spy at that. I'm back to play the game for real now and taking the original Invaders name is the only victory that I can really claim against Invaders. There's no real bad feelings in all seriousness.

As for why I don't join, I'm a known fenda spy. It's a bit of an issue on recruitment.
Last edited by Aeshmadeva Land on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:23 am

Aeshmadeva Land wrote:
Black Mekhet wrote:

It's not really a grudge. I was a dumb kid back then and kinda understand why I was kicked out. I was a spy for a fenda region, a very spy at that. I'm back to play the game for real now and taking the original Invaders name is the only victory that I can really claim against Invaders. There's no real bad feelings in all seriousness.

As for why I don't join, I'm a known fenda spy. It's a bit of an issue on recruitment.

Alright, that makes sense. Well I hope to see you around gameplay, and the R/D fields in the future. If you want to give raiding a chance, I'm sure someone somewhere will give you a trial run. Who knows?

@Thread: Congrats on the anti-fash operation by all involved.

I only represent Mek.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:16 am

Congratulations to the Invader Network on a successful operation! I'm glad Osiris was able to participate.
Cormac Skollvaldr

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:15 am

Always glad to see Osiris involved in significant R/D operations. Thank you, Knot, for including our region.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:12 am

Aeshmadeva Land wrote:It's not really a grudge. I was a dumb kid back then and kinda understand why I was kicked out. I was a spy for a fenda region, a very spy at that. I'm back to play the game for real now and taking the original Invaders name is the only victory that I can really claim against Invaders. There's no real bad feelings in all seriousness.

If you are sincere about not reverting back to your old ways and have no motives other than having fun in joining, I would welcome you back into The Invaders.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:37 am

YAY! we liberated Sweden from Fascists! Does that make us defenders now? We are still gunna steal all of Sweden's booze and loot right?
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Vando0sa wrote:YAY! we liberated Sweden from Fascists! Does that make us defenders now? We are still gunna steal all of Sweden's booze and loot right?

No, it makes you a Fash Basher. Totally different category of Military Gameplay.

I only represent Mek.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay