NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:AAND I just got swept for Predator usage. 6 months WA ban. Not my proudest moment.

You have not been puppetswept, only WA banned.

Would you like to be?
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm guessing whatever this guy's problems are they have nothing to do with Predator.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 am

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:29 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:“play stupid games win stupid prizes”

lol pretty much this

The Greatest Bestest Nation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greatest Bestest Nation » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 am

I really don't understand why you would admit to using an illegal script for no reason.

I don't support cheating, but If you are going to cheat, at least don't admit to doing it.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:22 am

The Greatest Bestest Nation wrote:I really don't understand why you would admit to using an illegal script for no reason.

I don't support cheating, but If you are going to cheat, at least don't admit to doing it.

Dude, they were caught. They admitted after the fact.

Edit: I guess they did.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

The Greatest Bestest Nation wrote:I really don't understand why you would admit to using an illegal script for no reason.

Why would I be honest? I wonder why?

(This is not a confession :unsure: No, it isn’t. I’m just putting myself as the example)
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

La Navasse
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby La Navasse » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=27706870

cri

It might just be that the Moderators are simply cracking down on anyone admitting to using Predator, even jokingly. The seriousness of the matter regarding Predator, however, is what may have warranted this kind of reaction.

If you really haven't used Predator in the first place and just posted what you said sarcastically and/or jokingly, you could try filing an appeal. Otherwise, it'd be best to learn from the WA ban and be happy you were given a relatively more lenient punishment.
Nation name permanently retired; now Caspian Settlement (Cassett).
Discord: Cassett#0940 | A Proud Patriotic Pacifican. | Seasoned WA Author. | GP Alignment: 2, 19
Things About Gameplay: Forum Thread | Dispatches

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

La Navasse wrote:

cri

It might just be that the Moderators are simply cracking down on anyone admitting to using Predator, even jokingly. The seriousness of the matter regarding Predator, however, is what may have warranted this kind of reaction.

If you really haven't used Predator in the first place and just posted what you said sarcastically and/or jokingly, you could try filing an appeal. Otherwise, it'd be best to learn from the WA ban and be happy you were given a relatively more lenient punishment.

So, if it's that bad then....
what does Predator do?
Apologies if this is the wrong place, I'm just really curious as to why Predator is gameplay Satan.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Serrus wrote:
La Navasse wrote:It might just be that the Moderators are simply cracking down on anyone admitting to using Predator, even jokingly. The seriousness of the matter regarding Predator, however, is what may have warranted this kind of reaction.

So, if it's that bad then....
what does Predator do?
Apologies if this is the wrong place, I'm just really curious as to why Predator is gameplay Satan.

It violated API Rules. It became satan after a techie investigated the script and deemed it illegal. Not to mention to even use it you had to contact a DOS player, of whom was DOS'd for cheating.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 am

I'm gameplay satan though!
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:I'm gameplay satan though!
Are you confessing to predator usage :eyebrow:
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Just making sure there's no identity confusion, heh. And I thought only raiders used Predator. >_>
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:19 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:Just making sure there's no identity confusion, heh. And I thought only raiders used Predator. >_>

What kind of GP Satan isn't a raider? You're doing it wrong.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:Just making sure there's no identity confusion, heh. And I thought only raiders used Predator. >_>

What kind of GP Satan isn't a raider? You're doing it wrong.

The New Age kind :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Modernization is important in this progressive era. :p
Free the WA gnomes!

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

La Navasse wrote:

cri

Oh, I'm thankful alright.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 pm

I got exposed.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Rammeludia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 13, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Rammeludia » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

I got exposed.

Exposed? You never used it. You lied and the mods hit you for it. There is nothing "impressive" or "note-worth" by having used Predator, nor will it "make you look cool." I doubt you ever have spoken to the DOS that made it. Please stop this. Not cool, not hip, not anything but bad.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 pm

[Oakrugia: Ya know, that ain't a good point. He had to do it because someone must tell the truth and admit that they did it. Postponing the fact that he did not do the illegal script would probably make him "get a type of sin".]
Ediff-Stok-Kal International AirportEmbassyAir Sr-bi-ji'Tom's Pizza Rolls

██████████████████████████████████

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 pm

I've been looking into R/D gameplay for a while, and I keep seeing this thing called "Predator" being mentioned. All I know about it is this:
[*] Using it is basically the R/D equivalent to nuclear attack.
[*] It is very illegal because is violates the rules of the game.
[*] The creator of the script, who you need to contact to use it, was DOSed for (guess what) cheating.
What I don't know is what Predator actually does. My guess is that it lets you move regions and endorse a target just before the update so that no one can counter you, but I'm curious as to whether or not this is correct.
(Note: I have no intention of using Predator or any tool like it. Doing so would take away any honor present in military gameplay and defeat the entire point. I'm just curious about what exactly makes Predator so hated, feared, and illegal.)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014

Postby Phydios » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I've been looking into R/D gameplay for a while, and I keep seeing this thing called "Predator" being mentioned. All I know about it is this:
[*] The creator of the script, who you need to contact to use it, was DOSed for (guess what) cheating.
What I don't know is what Predator actually does. My guess is that it lets you move regions and endorse a target just before the update so that no one can counter you, but I'm curious as to whether or not this is correct.
(Note: I have no intention of using Predator or any tool like it. Doing so would take away any honor present in military gameplay and defeat the entire point. I'm just curious about what exactly makes Predator so hated, feared, and illegal.)

The update time of a region is fundamentally important to R/D, because you need to move in close to that time or risk being discovered and ejected. Predator gave users update times that were more accurate than you could get legally (there's some fuzzing in the times that the game provides to keep either side of R/D from being unbeatable). But since it no longer has a place in legal gameplay, I doubt that the mods want continued discussion of it on NS.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Phydios wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I've been looking into R/D gameplay for a while, and I keep seeing this thing called "Predator" being mentioned. All I know about it is this:

The update time of a region is fundamentally important to R/D, because you need to move in close to that time or risk being discovered and ejected. Predator gave users update times that were more accurate than you could get legally (there's some fuzzing in the times that the game provides to keep either side of R/D from being unbeatable). But since it no longer has a place in legal gameplay, I doubt that the mods want continued discussion of it on NS.

I figured that's what it did, but I wanted to inquire further. I've only been involved in one (minor) battle, and the times of my team were all a few minutes off. I can see how cutting that down to a few seconds would help, even to the point of being unbeatable.

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 am

It's actually quite possible to be fairly precise and very accurate with legal means. Predator however used illegal means, which gave it advantages in accuracy, precision, and simplicity. That's not fair play.

If you want to use custom code for NS, make absolutely sure that it's legal.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay