NATION

PASSWORD

My thoughts

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Ridersyl wrote:I don't need to work hard on a response.

All this time, I thought that defenders had a problem with recruiting and morale, and it was their problem. Silly, ignorant me. I mean, I knew that the tool directly connected to Halcones' PC, but I never knew how blatantly illegal it was and how it was killing y'all on the defender side.

I'm sorry, Thomas.
And, I extend that apology to any other defender that's pissed off at this.

This is all so, so fucked up.

(Image)

Raiders unity without accountability is conspiracy. For some reason ,probably naivete, I am inclined to believe some who claim to not use scripts that give them an advantage.

But raiders need to be sure they don't participate in raids with anyone who does. It's time for accountability after years of rule breaking.
Did you see a ghost?

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Hoping that this nonsense of R/D collapses soon, not funny anymore, what's the thing of raiding regions? let people play in peace.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:Hoping that this nonsense of R/D collapses soon, not funny anymore, what's the thing of raiding regions? let people play in peace.

Then you had better tell your delegate to resign, as that is ye only way R/D is going to stop. It uses the most basic function of the game.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:57 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
San Jose Guayabal wrote:Hoping that this nonsense of R/D collapses soon, not funny anymore, what's the thing of raiding regions? let people play in peace.

Then you had better tell your delegate to resign, as that is ye only way R/D is going to stop. It uses the most basic function of the game.

Why? Just because you wan't to ruin how we work in our regions, see, I was defender and since being that was useless and raiding is just annoying stuff for those who want to RP and do our gameplay away from this nonsense I retired of it.

Our delegate won't resign, I came here to give my two cents, I hope this utter nonsense disappears soon.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Then you had better tell your delegate to resign, as that is ye only way R/D is going to stop. It uses the most basic function of the game.

Why? Just because you wan't to ruin how we work in our regions, see, I was defender and since being that was useless and raiding is just annoying stuff for those who want to RP and do our gameplay away from this nonsense I retired of it.

Yeah..... You might want to back that train back up to station for a sec please? I am a defender and last time I checked anyway we do our damnedest to restore and preserve regions, not destroy them. If you were truly a defender at one time you would know this.

San Jose Guayabal wrote:]Our delegate won't resign, I came here to give my two cents, I hope this utter nonsense disappears soon.

Well if your delegate won't resign then R/D isn't going anywhere, and won't be disappearing. Like I said, it uses the most basic function of the game.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Whatever, I just hope both Fendas and Raiders get vanished and this nonsense finish for once, let the other players do what they want in their regions in peace, stop ruining NS.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:15 pm

If people are using password hacker tools to reveal passwords, that's clearly illegal. Like, illegal illegal, not just against NS rules illegal. And if I were a victim of it, I would get law enforcement authorities involved and raiders would be headed for real world jail. So yeah, anyone who used it should be DOS at the very least and quite possibly arrested.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:If people are using password hacker tools to reveal passwords, that's clearly illegal. Like, illegal illegal, not just against NS rules illegal. And if I were a victim of it, I would get law enforcement authorities involved and raiders would be headed for real world jail. So yeah, anyone who used it should be DOS at the very least and quite possibly arrested.

No password cracking software has been so much as mentioned in this matter.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Lady Isolde
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Isolde » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:If people are using password hacker tools to reveal passwords, that's clearly illegal. Like, illegal illegal, not just against NS rules illegal. And if I were a victim of it, I would get law enforcement authorities involved and raiders would be headed for real world jail. So yeah, anyone who used it should be DOS at the very least and quite possibly arrested.

I don't believe that has ever been mentioned in this thread. If you have some new evidence, however... allegations of illegal conduct should be made via GHR, as Moderator Blaat reinforced here.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Eluvatar wrote:

No password cracking software has been so much as mentioned in this matter.

San Jose Guayabal mentioned on IRC that it was.... I will have to have a nice long talk with him.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:21 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:Whatever, I just hope both Fendas and Raiders get vanished and this nonsense finish for once, let the other players do what they want in their regions in peace, stop ruining NS.

How do you propose to so that?

Do you have further information on Predator you would like to share with us? Are you saying that Predator can actually reveal passwords of regions? If so, then this is more serious than anyone could have imagined.

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Do you have further information on Predator you would like to share with us? Are you saying that Predator can actually reveal passwords of regions? If so, then this is more serious than anyone could have imagined.

To the best of my knowledge, Predator has nothing to do with regional or for that matter national passwords. The only way it interacts with the region page is to determine whether a WA Delegate would have regional controls. It does not log in as any nation.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Eluvatar wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Do you have further information on Predator you would like to share with us? Are you saying that Predator can actually reveal passwords of regions? If so, then this is more serious than anyone could have imagined.

To the best of my knowledge, Predator has nothing to do with regional or for that matter national passwords. The only way it interacts with the region page is to determine whether a WA Delegate would have regional controls. It does not log in as any nation.

That's not what I heard, but what I heard is hearsay and I have no direct evidence.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Predator is incapable of getting regional passwords. On top of that, I'm pretty sure RL authorities don't act on something as trivial as "Nation X hacked the regional password in this game I play"

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:I don't need to work hard on a response.

All this time, I thought that defenders had a problem with recruiting and morale, and it was their problem. Silly, ignorant me. I mean, I knew that the tool directly connected to Halcones' PC, but I never knew how blatantly illegal it was and how it was killing y'all on the defender side.

I'm sorry, Thomas.
And, I extend that apology to any other defender that's pissed off at this.

This is all so, so fucked up.

(Image)

Raiders unity without accountability is conspiracy. For some reason ,probably naivete, I am inclined to believe some who claim to not use scripts that give them an advantage.

But raiders need to be sure they don't participate in raids with anyone who does. It's time for accountability after years of rule breaking.

I believe I complimented you in the past. Let me do it again. Well said.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Eluvatar wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Predator has nothing to do with regional or for that matter national passwords. The only way it interacts with the region page is to determine whether a WA Delegate would have regional controls. It does not log in as any nation.

Yes, I am aware. I was attempting to discern whether this was a blind shot being taken, or if people had done some research first, before making accusations.

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
That's not what I heard, but what I heard is hearsay and I have no direct evidence.

Precisely. So you just came in here to throw out a blind accusation with absolutely no evidence to back it up, in an attempt to aggravate an already tense situation. This is precisely what we don't need right now. Things are already very tense at the moment, and all it will take is a single comment like this to set off a flame war.
Last edited by The Silver Sentinel on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:

Precisely. So you just came in here to throw out a blind accusation with absolutely no evidence to back it up, in an attempt to aggravate an already tense situation. This is precisely what we don't need right now. Things are already very tense at the moment, and all it will take is a single comment like this to set off a flame war.

It's based on what was supposed in the NS Sports chatroom after what was probably a bad game of telephone (I think - wasn't there). Go easy on them - they're from NS Sports and are for the most part kind of far from the chaos. I highly doubt GGS was attempting to incite a riot.

It does drive home the point of how confusing this whole thing can be to someone looking on the outside in, however. Is there a summary out there that could be pointed out for this particular situation? I realize the story in this is far from complete, but heck I'll take a decent news summary even.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Eluvatar wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Predator has nothing to do with regional or for that matter national passwords. The only way it interacts with the region page is to determine whether a WA Delegate would have regional controls. It does not log in as any nation.

I am not speaking based on hearsay.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:

It's based on what was supposed in the NS Sports chatroom after what was probably a bad game of telephone (I think - wasn't there). Go easy on them - they're from NS Sports and are for the most part kind of far from the chaos. I highly doubt GGS was attempting to incite a riot.

Based on past history from what I have read this may or may not have been intentional. But for the sake of posterity I will go with your judgement on this one.

Todd McCloud wrote:Is there a summary out there that could be pointed out for this particular situation? I realize the story in this is far from complete, but heck I'll take a decent news summary even.

It starts right here and the trainwreck just gets worse and worse from there.

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Does this explain why you barely ever counter a TBR raid, BT? Because I know you kicked my ass out of multiple regions when I raided the old fashioned way, no matter how fast I was.

What does Predator do, anyways?
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:34 pm

I don't really know if anyone else has done so so far, and I should have gotten around to it sooner, but I am extremely sorry. This really is something that in Invaderdom we should have caught onto so much sooner, and as someone who had no idea of the wrongdoing, I'm ashamed of the people that knew of it and didn't speak up. Granted, there's going to be a ton of scapegoating, and it's inexcusable, but I didn't know that Predator did anything illegal until Eluvatar's post in the other thread, and it blindsided me.

I honestly have no words to really explain how bad I feel that practically all of our successes over You (Thomas), and every other defender while using predator were the result of cheating, and there's no way I could say I'm sorry enough.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Ozzy wrote:Does this explain why you barely ever counter a TBR raid, BT? Because I know you kicked my ass out of multiple regions when I raided the old fashioned way, no matter how fast I was.

It starts right here and the trainwreck just gets worse and worse from there.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Ozzy wrote:Does this explain why you barely ever counter a TBR raid, BT? Because I know you kicked my ass out of multiple regions when I raided the old fashioned way, no matter how fast I was.

It does explain in my overall lack of success in preventing the vast majority of their raids over the past few years. It wasn't for a lack of effort though, I just wasn't playing the same game as TBR/DEN.

Predator enables a player to cheat.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:It does explain in my overall lack of success in preventing the vast majority of their raids over the past few years. It wasn't for a lack of effort though, I just wasn't playing the same game as TBR/DEN.

Oh, I understand now, and I apologize for the unbalanced gameplay you endured in the past few years.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:It does explain in my overall lack of success in preventing the vast majority of their raids over the past few years. It wasn't for a lack of effort though, I just wasn't playing the same game as TBR/DEN.

Made us faster defenders BT. Put it this way, we still got the odd delegate even against a script :D
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay