NATION

PASSWORD

Just got invaded by DEN

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 am

Lyra and Bon Bon wrote:When I started NS, I had never heard of raiding; now I get spam messages probably once a week from raiding groups looking for members.

Turn off recruitment TG's in your settings.

Lyra and Bon Bon wrote:Right now, making 'dick moves' are you are putting it, gets you rewarded by NationStates; now how balanced do you consider that?

Read the whole thread, rewards aren't on the table more the opposite.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Mosaix
Civil Servant

Founded: May 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosaix » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:39 am

The Terms & Conditions state: "Can I steal another player's nation? No. This is fraudulent behavior and breaches the site's terms & conditions. The same applies to any attempt to impersonate another player, including attempting to hack nation or region passwords."

We got "raided" by DEN last night, by someone getting into the (active) founder's account and changing its password. I've been reading the forum and FAQs, but can't seem to find where to go or what to do (how to report) - and there's no apparent way for the founder to log in to their own account now. I read the DEN dispatch, but that too doesn't cover the way they went about it.
Last edited by Mosaix on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:46 am

Mosaix wrote:The Terms & Conditions state: "Can I steal another player's nation? No. This is fraudulent behavior and breaches the site's terms & conditions. The same applies to any attempt to impersonate another player, including attempting to hack nation or region passwords."

We got "raided" by DEN last night, by someone getting into the (active) founder's account and changing its password. I've been reading the forum and FAQs, but can't seem to find where to go or what to do (how to report) - and there's no apparent way for the founder to log in to their own account now. I read the DEN dispatch, but that too doesn't cover the way they went about it.

Before you freak out and everyone in this thread starts accusing DEN of being teh supar hax0rz, you might want to consider what day it is and the traditions associated with it.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:59 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Mosaix wrote:The Terms & Conditions state: "Can I steal another player's nation? No. This is fraudulent behavior and breaches the site's terms & conditions. The same applies to any attempt to impersonate another player, including attempting to hack nation or region passwords."

Before you freak out and everyone in this thread starts accusing DEN of being teh supar hax0rz, you might want to consider what day it is and the traditions associated with it.

I would concur with EW.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Mosaix
Civil Servant

Founded: May 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosaix » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 am

Guy wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

I would concur with EW.

No worries. Not freaking out, just annoyed by the hassle and wanted to check since there was a discussion about it anyway. SO super funny, this lot.

Astaliah
Envoy

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Astaliah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:39 am

ADST World wrote:My region was recently invaded by DEN. I have reset everything, and revoked all privileges for WA delegates. How can we bring them to justice? They seem to be running rampant, taking over both small and large nations. Honestly, I can see many players getting frustrated with invaders. I want people to join my nation, but not destroy it. Is there any was to give them a badge or label, or even just keep them from entering nations without submitting a request to the officers?

You should join the Anti-Raiders Coalition Region and Forum - we are trying, and succeeding in destroying DEN and liberating regions.
THE PEOPLE'S UNITED KINGDOM OF ASTALIAH

LAND: Parts of US (see factbook), Astaliah (Malvinas, just eleven times the size, Noroeste Pacífico (North West of Pacific, x3 times size of Wales.)

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:41 am

Does Den realise they irritate people and take the fun outta the game.
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Kknight
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kknight » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 am

However, if you believe it not to be a joke, file a GHR here: http://www.nationstates.net/page=help

Astaliah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Astaliah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 am

You should join the Anti-Raiders Coalition Region and Forum - we are trying, and succeeding in destroying DEN and liberating regions.

LAND: Parts of US (see factbook), Astaliah (Malvinas, just eleven times the size, Noroeste Pacífico (North West of Pacific, x3 times size of Wales.)

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 am

Astaliah wrote:You should join the Anti-Raiders Coalition Region and Forum - we are trying, and succeeding in destroying DEN and liberating regions.

Yeah, you said that two posts ago. Stop spamming the thread with ads for your region.

Astaliah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Astaliah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Astaliah wrote:You should join the Anti-Raiders Coalition Region and Forum - we are trying, and succeeding in destroying DEN and liberating regions.

Yeah, you said that two posts ago. Stop spamming the thread with ads for your region.

Well at least were trying to liberate regions. And by the way, it's not just regions

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:28 am

Astaliah wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Well at least were trying to liberate regions. And by the way, it's not just regions

The only thing you can liberate via the game functions is regions, so cut the spam.....

ADST World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ADST World » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:36 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Astaliah wrote:

The only thing you can liberate via the game functions is regions, so cut the spam.....

Seriously, this is why I made this thread! Why should we all be held down, or cower in fear, because everybody is too lazy to add a war system, or make it impossible to raid regions, or really to do anything about raiding!
"War is but the illusion of honour and glory, above the reality of violent carnage"

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

ADST World wrote:Seriously, this is why I made this thread! Why should we all be held down, or cower in fear, because everybody is too lazy to add a war system, or make it impossible to raid regions, or really to do anything about raiding!

This idea, and various spin offs to it, have been suggested. Many, many, many, times.

The restriction or banning of raiding straight up isn't going to happen, as [violet] and Max have made abundantly clear. It is part of the game, and it's not going to be removed.

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:30 pm

I really think that a post detailing popular complaints about R/D and rebuttals/moderator stances on them should be created with anchors to each point so that we can categorically strike down common complaints as we see them.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Aurum Rider wrote:I really think that a post detailing popular complaints about R/D and rebuttals/moderator stances on them should be created with anchors to each point so that we can categorically strike down common complaints as we see them.

Make a thread and bump it every couple or few weeks.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:49 pm

I accidentally gave everyone a Raiding tool, Everyone.

My B.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:20 am

Oh man, the mod hammer struck like a meteor. To the OP of this thread, I don't think you'll have to worry about being invaded by DEN anymore.

Their region has been deleted by the moderators.

I think this thread can be locked now.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay