NATION

PASSWORD

Just got invaded by DEN

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Phydios wrote:Could someone explain just what Predator does? I'm not part of R/D.

In short: Helps time raids

Slightly longer: Provides accurate update times that continually update for both single hits and tags, along with feeding tagging target regions out based on parameters.

Thanks!
Last edited by Phydios on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

The Type 49 TARDIS
Secretary

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Type 49 TARDIS » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
The Type 49 TARDIS wrote:How long until we know if it's safe or unsafe to use Pred?

I am guessing you missed the part in which Reppy says "the legality of the Predator tool is currently under discussion by the mods and the techies and it is really not looking good"? And where she says "I would very strongly urge users to stop using it immediately for their own safety and to contact us with any information."?

That was Reppy's way of saying STOP USING THE FUCKING THING! It requires a direct connection to the computer of a DOS user, and is likely to get you DOS'd for using it.

I never said that I was going to continue using it. I was simply asking, how long it will be until the ruling it made. Don't have to be so rude about it.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:19 pm

The correct answer to your question Tardis is that Predator was never safe to use.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:The correct answer to your question Tardis is that Predator was never safe to use.

I was merely attempting to convey the gravity of the situation to Tardis, as I would rather not see him get into trouble. We may be on opposite sides of the spectrum, but no one like seeing someone get DOS'd

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Knot II wrote:If you ever choose to put this much passion into defending, you might just be able to get something useful done for once.

Given your history of similar posts, it's time you were *** warned for flamebaiting. *** Cut out the snide comments.

Nayba Collective
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nayba Collective » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:01 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Sentinel Optik wrote:It is my absolute right to raid.

Nayba Collective wrote:It is my absolute right to rob your house. If you don't want me to rob your house, then it's YOUR fault for not having enough protection.
:rofl:

Just as a note, I don't believe either is true. My statement was intended to show what happens when you run with that logic.

We boil morality down to "rights", but these "rights" are just convenient ways of summarizing certain kinds of moral reasoning and quickly processing moral situations. They're not the whole "should" of any situation. Thus why we say someone may have a right to do something (such as be annoying), but they shouldn't do it anyway.

"I have an absolute right to be a jerk because I'm not physically prevented from doing so." is as absurd in cyberspace as it is in real space.
ネバ族
The Nayba Collective [PMT]

Human-alien hybrid cyborgs living underground in the frozen wastes, hunting alien beasts.
Like Nayba Collective? Check out Eisen, Nayba's new home.

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:04 am

Actually, its not absurd. People have a full right to be absolute jerks, both IRL, and in Cyberspace.

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:54 am

The Shadow Guardian wrote:
Natapoc wrote:In that case I almost feel sorry for you. That's quite a bit of work. Very monotonous work.

Pointless work as well.

I would not call suppressing years of messages at a RMB 'work'.
Work is physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something.
Suppressing messages in this case is just a dilusional activity.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:59 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:56 am

So the Anarchy natives are still at it in this thread, huh?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 am

Ridersyl wrote:So the Anarchy natives are still at it in this thread, huh?

I'm all for a native community continuing to pay attention once the immediate threat has left them.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:22 am

So the former TBR raiders are still at it in this thread, huzaah! ;)
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Zaolat wrote:It's illegal to use a script to suppress posts. So it would be manually done. DEN and other Raider groups will avoid doing things illegal according to site rules. Sure, there's a few individuals that might cross the line but the groups as a whole won't.

It's illegal to use a script that causes more than one action per user input. It's entirely legal to use a script that makes it easier to click the suppress button (or unsuppress button, for that matter), so long only one post is suppressed (or unsuppressed) per click.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:

I'm all for a native community continuing to pay attention once the immediate threat has left them.

So am I, but theirs is one of the most rule-breaking and ornery native communities in recent memory. Puppet-spam, threats, even to the point where one of their long-time natives with tons of influence got DEAT'd. When I heard DEN had re-occupied Anarchy, I actually felt sorry for DEN and asked them why they'd possibly want to go there after what TBR went through. I'm not kidding, and I wish I was really exaggerating.

If Nova Castlemilk was still active, along with YoriZ and Natapoc, I fear where this thread would be headed right now. :?
To be fair, though, I do have some respect for Natapoc, because at a couple points in the past, he has had rational and constructive discussions with raiders.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Zaolat wrote:It's illegal to use a script to suppress posts. So it would be manually done. DEN and other Raider groups will avoid doing things illegal according to site rules. Sure, there's a few individuals that might cross the line but the groups as a whole won't.

It's illegal to use a script that causes more than one action per user input. It's entirely legal to use a script that makes it easier to click the suppress button (or unsuppress button, for that matter), so long only one post is suppressed (or unsuppressed) per click.

Which is still... Manual. So moot point.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Ridersyl wrote:So am I, but theirs is one of the most rule-breaking and ornery native communities in recent memory.

There might be a good reason for that. DEN unlike The Hawks does not exactly go out of it's way to make friends in an occupied region. Perhaps if DEN was more willing to engage in the natives system of play within the region, instead of subtlety baiting with snark on the RMB, people wouldn't despise them quite so much.

Just my two cents.

Holy German Realm
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy German Realm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:28 pm

rip

Cora III
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora III » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Witch-Queen of Cimmeria - Purist Raider Mercenary - The Dojo Admin

673+ active updates, 12241+ raided regions, 4058+ times raider delegate, 170+ updates in Command, 3013+ triggered raids, 37+ occupations, 321+ WA-Banjections

Cora III
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora III » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:23 pm

673+ active updates, 12241+ raided regions, 4058+ times raider delegate, 170+ updates in Command, 3013+ triggered raids, 37+ occupations, 321+ WA-Banjections

Cora III
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora III » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Absolutely NONE OF US are using ANY scripting! Please stop falsely accusing raiders of breaking rules.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:Absolutely NONE OF US are using ANY scripting! Please stop falsely accusing raiders of breaking rules.

So no one is using Predator any longer?

Cora III
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora III » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:32 pm

I will. What was legal by design when making, remains legal by design when using.

Random UDL cannonfodder cannot change that.

The UDL dude in moderation can change my legal status, but not change Predator's legal programming.

I stand on this line. If I must die, ok, Predator is still legal.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:49 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:Absolutely NONE OF US are using ANY scripting! Please stop falsely accusing raiders of breaking rules.

So no one is using Predator any longer?

PREDATOR DOES NOT USE SCRIPTING.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm

That statement is completely wrong, Yuno. It does.

Edit: Scripts, etc, aren't illegal by virtue of being scripts. They are illegal by what they allow the user to do, and also perhaps who created them.

Scripts can include recruitment using API, auto-login scripts to keep puppets alive, scripts that automatically collect information about regions... even NS++ would count, and I'd venture to guess more than one person has, and will continue to use it.
Last edited by Ultimate Sacrifice on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay