NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Statement from the Pacific Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:47 am

Congratulations to those appointed! Hail the NPO! o/
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:10 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote: Just out of curiosity, when is the planned coup of Balder set to take place?

What is this actually based on? Balder is a successful Constitutional Monarchy. It is likely the second hardest region to coup. Besides, as the Emperor said, Balder and the Pacific Order have good relations although at this stage I'd say Balder has good relations with all the GCRs currently. Balder's last coup was in 2011 with Luxembourg.

Congratulations to those appoints, hail the NPO o/
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 am

Solorni wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote: Just out of curiosity, when is the planned coup of Balder set to take place?

What is this actually based on? Balder is a successful Constitutional Monarchy. It is likely the second hardest region to coup. Besides, as the Emperor said, Balder and the Pacific Order have good relations although at this stage I'd say Balder has good relations with all the GCRs currently. Balder's last coup was in 2011 with Luxembourg.

Congratulations to those appoints, hail the NPO o/

Isn't it just based on that dumb TG that went around?

Congrats to the those appointed! Nice to see some new members in the Senate.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:23 am

I got to stop responding to stuff like that :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aenglaland » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Nice to see good changes taking place in TP. Best of luck o/
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:26 am

While I disagree with Chester's post, at least he disrupted the giant echo chamber that this thread was becoming.

Personally, I'll wait to see if these appointees turn the NPO into something other than a non-entity for a change, instead of acting like an applaud sign came on.

EDIT: I knew Pergamon's name was familiar. I recognize him from the Lazarus blunder. Looks like he's the only one that didn't get tarred and feathered for it. Interesting.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 am

Ridersyl wrote:While I disagree with Chester's post, at least he disrupted the giant echo chamber that this thread was becoming.

Personally, I'll wait to see if these appointees turn the NPO into something other than a non-entity for a change, instead of acting like an applaud sign came on.

EDIT: I knew Pergamon's name was familiar. I recognize him from the Lazarus blunder. Looks like he's the only one that didn't get tarred and feathered for it. Interesting.

While many people disagree with our politics and our methods, most are not ignorant enough to consider us a 'non-entity'. Bravo on being the lowest common denominator.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:53 am

Pierconium wrote:While many people disagree with our politics and our methods, most are not ignorant enough to consider us a 'non-entity'. Bravo on being the lowest common denominator.

Reduced to calling me things right away. Huh. That normally happens later.

Even though I'm sure you know the NPO is in a sad state of affairs, unable to cling to relevancy, even coming off a highly controversial GCR coup last year, I don't expect you to admit to it publically. You're the Emperor, after all. You can't show weakness, much less admit to it.

Throwing a fit every time someone points to the Order's problems and says "Hey, problems!" is a bad way to handle it, though.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:While many people disagree with our politics and our methods, most are not ignorant enough to consider us a 'non-entity'. Bravo on being the lowest common denominator.

Even though I'm sure you know the NPO is in a sad state of affairs, unable to cling to relevancy, even coming off a highly controversial GCR coup last year, I don't expect you to admit to it publically. You're the Emperor, after all. You can't show weakness, much less admit to it.

Throwing a fit every time someone points to the Order's problems and says "Hey, problems!" is a bad way to handle it, though.

Umm, okay?

Well, let's talk about 'problems' then, shall we?

In the last ten months the Pacific has seen diplomatic relations restored with nearly every GCR. We have seen a reintroduction of the provincial system, a renewal of the military, and the largest intake of new nations to our offsite community in almost a decade. We have cultivated new nations into prominent position of leadership and introduced a means by which the nations of the region can change the laws and structure of the government.

There has been almost universal support for these actions except for a couple of hold-outs that seem to come to every Pacific-related thread and say inane things like 'non-entity' and 'irrelevant' with not actually making any substantive points beyond just 'calling [us] things'.

So, which of these 'problems' do you think I should be discussing? Is it the upswing in popularity? The upswing in activity? The upswing in opportunity? Or is it the fact that certain individuals can't get their collective heads out of their asses and see the reality of the situation?

You tell me.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:23 am

i must say, The Pacific has made excellent strides over the past year. That's excellent!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Frihenstein
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Frihenstein » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Ridersyl wrote:

Although, this sort of comment should be ignored, I shall through my two cents in here. I do not see any sort of a "sad state of affairs", in fact it is completely the opposite. Ivan is doing an incredible job for our peoples, like he said, we've got a lot going for us.

So, I suppose you are against us allowing a democratic legal system?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

I would respond with my own thoughts, but apparently thoughts that don't follow the Pacifica party line are to be ignored. My bad.
Frihen, enjoy the "upswing in opportunity", whatever the fuck that is. :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Governor Flanderlion
Civilian

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Governor Flanderlion » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Ridersyl wrote:I would respond with my own thoughts, but apparently thoughts that don't follow the Pacifica party line are to be ignored. My bad.

Not ignored, we never do that to anyone, just crushed with facts and dismissed as irrelevant.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Governor Flanderlion wrote:Not ignored, we never do that to anyone

Uh, my comment was responding to a Pacifican that said I should be ignored. So, apparently you do.

Governor Flanderlion wrote:just crushed with facts and dismissed as irrelevant.

Dismissed as irrelevant?! How dare you! You know how your Emperor reacts to people doing that!

Pierconium wrote:ignorant

Pierconium wrote:lowest common denominator.

Pierconium wrote:certain individuals can't get their collective heads out of their asses

You best be careful, Flanderlion!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Governor Flanderlion wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:I would respond with my own thoughts, but apparently thoughts that don't follow the Pacifica party line are to be ignored. My bad.

Not ignored, we never do that to anyone, just crushed with facts and dismissed as irrelevant.

How in the hell is it irrelevant? It is a well known fact the "leadership" of the Pacific portray a veneer of superiority when they are questioned on anything they do. I really don't understand how Pier can make an imperial statement and no expect to hear a few boos. Krull is still in position to inflict huge amount of damage on the international community, and until he is publicly tarred, feathered, and thrown out of the Pacific Senate once and for all, I do not trust anything that comes out of that pit of corruption.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:48 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Governor Flanderlion wrote:Not ignored, we never do that to anyone, just crushed with facts and dismissed as irrelevant.

How in the hell is it irrelevant? It is a well known fact the "leadership" of the Pacific portray a veneer of superiority when they are questioned on anything they do. I really don't understand how Pier can make an imperial statement and no expect to hear a few boos. Krull is still in position to inflict huge amount of damage on the international community, and until he is publicly tarred, feathered, and thrown out of the Pacific Senate once and for all, I do not trust anything that comes out of that pit of corruption.

Your concern is noted. When you are in a position to actually do something about it let me know.

I am well aware of the response certain parties were likely to give to this announcement, I simply believe that if you are going to attack you should be able to back it up.

Just saying 'you guys suck' or 'you are irrelevant' is pointless without evidence to back it up. You state that Krulltopia is in position to 'inflict huge amount of damage on the international community' while supporting the argument that we are a non-entity. It does not take a genius to see the conflict in those two positions.

If nations truly believed the Pacific to be irrelevant then there would be no need to say so and there would be no perceived threat from members of my Senate.

That said, I run a tight ship. Past service is appreciated and respected but not to the point of detriment to the present. No member of my Pacific Senate is beyond the authority that I have granted them. Your concerns regarding Krulltopia are misplaced.

If anything, you should do a bit of historical research on who the real threat would be if the need for the Pacific to go on the attack actually arose.
Tyrant (Ret.)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:56 am

Pierconium wrote:If nations truly believed the Pacific to be irrelevant then there would be no need to say so

If you're going to shine a spotlight on Chester's poor logic, then I'm gonna have to turn the spotlight right back around on you with the above statement. Cover your eyes, Ivan. It's bright.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:If nations truly believed the Pacific to be irrelevant then there would be no need to say so

If you're going to shine a spotlight on Chester's poor logic, then I'm gonna have to turn the spotlight right back around on you with the above statement. Cover your eyes, Ivan. It's bright.

So, you consistently coming to NPO related threads and making comments instead of just ignoring them because they are 'irrelevant' and posted by a 'non-entity' proves their irrelevancy?

Good to know. Keep up the good work, sport.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 am

Todd McCloud wrote:i must say, The Pacific has made excellent strides over the past year. That's excellent!

I feel like none of this would have happened if not for the NLO coup
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:02 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:i must say, The Pacific has made excellent strides over the past year. That's excellent!

I feel like none of this would have happened if not for the NLO coup

Adversity often brings about change.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:05 am

Pierconium wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:I feel like none of this would have happened if not for the NLO coup

Adversity often brings about change.

Good ones at that.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:31 am

I agree with SS and Syl on this one... to an extent. I have no quarrels with the NPO and I never have, but I would rather wait and see what's going to happen now instead of blindly congratulating the current administration for... doing what? Restructuring their government while still clinging to power?

Again, I don't have any issues with the NPO and I'm not saying I disagree with the new charter, I just don't understand the levels of praise they're receiving for something we don't know the full consequences of yet. I'm not trying to criticize everyone who has shown support so far; at least a few people were able to string together a response longer than "congrats mang", but come on people! I've seen more stimulating conversation in F7!

Anyways, call me in a month or two and I'll have a fully formed opinion, but for now I'll just lean back and watch people board the hype train. Woot. Woot. :roll:
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:09 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:I agree with SS and Syl on this one... to an extent. I have no quarrels with the NPO and I never have, but I would rather wait and see what's going to happen now instead of blindly congratulating the current administration for... doing what? Restructuring their government while still clinging to power?

Again, I don't have any issues with the NPO and I'm not saying I disagree with the new charter, I just don't understand the levels of praise they're receiving for something we don't know the full consequences of yet. I'm not trying to criticize everyone who has shown support so far; at least a few people were able to string together a response longer than "congrats mang", but come on people! I've seen more stimulating conversation in F7!

Anyways, call me in a month or two and I'll have a fully formed opinion, but for now I'll just lean back and watch people board the hype train. Woot. Woot. :roll:

So, you agree that we are secretly planning to coup Balder?

Good to know.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Shadoke
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shadoke » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Congratulations to NPO for these changes, which look set to do some great things for the Pacific.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Pierconium wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:I agree with SS and Syl on this one... to an extent. I have no quarrels with the NPO and I never have, but I would rather wait and see what's going to happen now instead of blindly congratulating the current administration for... doing what? Restructuring their government while still clinging to power?

So, you agree that we are secretly planning to coup Balder?

Good to know.

That would be beyond the extent I referred to earlier.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay