NATION

PASSWORD

00000 A World Power

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:Not gonna waste my time responding to a troll who has just come off a three day ban for "continued personal attacks and threadjacking" and is only going one way if he carries on with this crap on this thread.

Would suggest others should take note of that too.

If you think some is trolling, report them in Moderation. Do not sit here, point your finger and cry, "Troll!" That is actionable in and of itself.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Falapatorius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Falapatorius » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Additionally, I have, in my inbox, a telegram from you which says "Blackmail is not a crime on TEP's forums or the TOS or TEP's laws." Blackmail is placing pressure on someone, and so is harassment. By your own admission, you were harassing someone.

He didn't admit anything. He just stated a fact (assuming TEP's laws have been read correctly).

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007

Postby Lemmingtopias » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Welcome Back 00000 A World Power!
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Falapatorius wrote:He didn't admit anything. He just stated a fact (assuming TEP's laws have been read correctly).

Evidently context is sadly required to fully understand the telegram (since people take things literally to an insane degree): "The laws still stipulate I cannot be banned without trial, so I am owed a trial. Blackmail is not a crime on TEP's forums or the TOS or TEP's laws.

I also did not harass anyone on the forums."

That is Govindia admitting that he blackmailed someone within TEP.
Just some weeb.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Ehh, AWP reserves the right to have an extremely unpopular gameplayer with a history of off-site fuckery, just as the rest of us reserve the right to shower them with unfavorable opinions for doing so.

It should go further than unfavorable opinions. Regions that harbor people who OOC harass other people off-site, and who expect not only their own members but potentially members of other regions to be exposed to them, should be completely shunned. No one should join such regions, accept their embassy requests, work with them at update, or have anything at all to do with them. It's time that we start taking this issue seriously rather than just letting it go as we've done for years when regions like Wintreath have gotten away with this.

Regions like this, and anyone who doesn't isolate regions like this, are just enabling the worst kind of OOC off-site behavior. I'm extremely disappointed to see people like Benevolent Thomas, Dyr Nasad, and Rom contributing there while this is going on.

*** 7 day ban for personal attacks. ***

Apparently your recent 3-day vacation had no effect on you. Think well over the next week how much you wish to continue here.

Malledit: This ban has been overturned on appeal. The post in question was not nice, but it did not cross any lines.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reversing ban
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:It should go further than unfavorable opinions. Regions that harbor people who OOC harass other people off-site, and who expect not only their own members but potentially members of other regions to be exposed to them, should be completely shunned. No one should join such regions, accept their embassy requests, work with them at update, or have anything at all to do with them. It's time that we start taking this issue seriously rather than just letting it go as we've done for years when regions like Wintreath have gotten away with this.

Regions like this, and anyone who doesn't isolate regions like this, are just enabling the worst kind of OOC off-site behavior. I'm extremely disappointed to see people like Benevolent Thomas, Dyr Nasad, and Rom contributing there while this is going on.

*** 7 day ban for personal attacks. ***

Apparently your recent 3-day vacation had no effect on you. Think well over the next week how much you wish to continue here.

Removing Cormac from the equation, this reads as a pretty typical gameplay post, to be quite honest. He is merely pointing out members of those regions while voicing displeasure over the choices those regions made. Perhaps I am not understanding the context of the post - could the exact placement of the personal attack be highlighted so we may understand in future what is not correct?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Falapatorius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Falapatorius » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Evidently context is sadly required to fully understand the telegram (since people take things literally to an insane degree): "The laws still stipulate I cannot be banned without trial, so I am owed a trial. Blackmail is not a crime on TEP's forums or the TOS or TEP's laws.

I also did not harass anyone on the forums."

That is Govindia admitting that he blackmailed someone within TEP.

He doesn't admit it though (thanx for the context btw). He also denies harassment. Speculation is just that..
Last edited by Falapatorius on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:21 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:It should go further than unfavorable opinions. Regions that harbor people who OOC harass other people off-site, and who expect not only their own members but potentially members of other regions to be exposed to them, should be completely shunned.

Syl, care to share stories about Halc and what went on in TBR? I found them most illuminating. And before you say it Cormac, no I am not defending Gov. He is a pain in the ass on IRC an that will never change.

When Frak had dirt on me and I was making him look like the boy who cried wolf, Halcones and Kknight blackmailed me into confessing via Gameplay to what he had dirt on me and issuing a public apology to him. Halcones has been DOS'd since, but Kknight is still sitting pretty in DEN and that's a large part of why despite the fact I've returned as a raider, I'm not seeking to rekindle any relationship I had with DEN's community.

But my approach to AWP here with Gov applies to DEN with Kknight too. If they want to keep them, that's their call.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Issedon
Civilian

Founded: Oct 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Issedon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:03 am

Ridersyl wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Syl, care to share stories about Halc and what went on in TBR? I found them most illuminating. And before you say it Cormac, no I am not defending Gov. He is a pain in the ass on IRC an that will never change.

When Frak had dirt on me and I was making him look like the boy who cried wolf, Halcones and Kknight blackmailed me into confessing via Gameplay to what he had dirt on me and issuing a public apology to him. Halcones has been DOS'd since, but Kknight is still sitting pretty in DEN and that's a large part of why despite the fact I've returned as a raider, I'm not seeking to rekindle any relationship I had with DEN's community.

But my approach to AWP here with Gov applies to DEN with Kknight too. If they want to keep them, that's their call.

If they wish to allow me, that's their call, and other regions need to respect that. You know, sovereignty? They have no business interfering or attempting to influence in AWP internal affairs via any form of GP mechanics, IC or OOC or otherwise.

EDIT, this is one of Govindia's other nations, my bad lol.
Last edited by Issedon on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:22 am

Issedon wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

If they wish to allow me, that's their call, and other regions need to respect that. You know, sovereignty? They have no business interfering or attempting to influence in AWP internal affairs via any form of GP mechanics, IC or OOC or otherwise.

I wouldn't take it that far. If a region is going to have a controversial player in their midst, then they should have it in them to defend their choice, instead of claiming that everyone that dislikes it should just shut up.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Govindia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Govindia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:13 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Issedon wrote:

I wouldn't take it that far. If a region is going to have a controversial player in their midst, then they should have it in them to defend their choice, instead of claiming that everyone that dislikes it should just shut up.

Why? I didn't violate any laws in AWP, so there is no need. Any accusations that have been always levied towards me have never been substantiated. It is pretty much borderline libel, which if I had the money, time, and effort, can sue people IRL for and possibly win big time.

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 am

Govindia wrote:Why? I didn't violate any laws in AWP, so there is no need. Any accusations that have been always levied towards me have never been substantiated. It is pretty much borderline libel, which if I had the money, time, and effort, can sue people IRL for and possibly win big time.

You'd be charged far more in court costs than you would ever, ever get in a court case.
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007

Postby Lemmingtopias » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 am

:rofl:
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:18 am

And so we reach the point of the discussion where half a hundred people could be lined up to show Govindia all sorts of proof to support accusations levelled at him over the last decade, but where actually posting any of it will result in post deletions and a warn. This discussion isn't going to change anyone's mind on the matter without it, so I guess we're done here...?

Whamabama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Whamabama » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:*** 7 day ban for personal attacks. ***

Removing Cormac from the equation, this reads as a pretty typical gameplay post, to be quite honest. He is merely pointing out members of those regions while voicing displeasure over the choices those regions made. Perhaps I am not understanding the context of the post - could the exact placement of the personal attack be highlighted so we may understand in future what is not correct?

I agree, I don't see a personal attack here. The ban confuses me.

"The sovereignty of one's self over one's self is called 'liberty'."
Founder of Equilism
E-Army Officer
Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Equilism's Forum http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 am

Whamabama wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Removing Cormac from the equation, this reads as a pretty typical gameplay post, to be quite honest. He is merely pointing out members of those regions while voicing displeasure over the choices those regions made. Perhaps I am not understanding the context of the post - could the exact placement of the personal attack be highlighted so we may understand in future what is not correct?

I agree, I don't see a personal attack here. The ban confuses me.

If Cormac would like to appeal he knows how.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aenglaland » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:50 am

Govindia wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Why? I didn't violate any laws in AWP, so there is no need. Any accusations that have been always levied towards me have never been substantiated. It is pretty much borderline libel, which if I had the money, time, and effort, can sue people IRL for and possibly win big time.

Wow. It's like Ramaeus or TEP never existed.The world is like a rainbow, all perfect and everyone else are the mean guys.

Fabulous.
Last edited by Aenglaland on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Govindia wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

I don't believe that you're unaware of the fact you're a controversial player, Gov. As a former member of both TEP and the EPSA for 6 months, I learned there why you were eternally banned. There's enough substantiation there to kill any theoretical court case.

So, as I said before, if a region is gonna keep you, they should have it in them to stand by the decision.

AWP saying you've done nothing wrong in their region (which could be true, idk), then saying 'But he's not a citizen of AWP!' seems like non-commitment to me. They need to come out with a strong statement, either that you're a part of their region, or that you are not.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Plaunia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Plaunia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Aenglaland wrote:
Govindia wrote:

Wow. It's like Ramaeus or TEP never existed.The world is like a rainbow, all perfect and everyone else are the mean guys.

Fabulous.

You've clearly spent a blessedly short amount of time in Govindia's company if you don't know that he is innocent of all charges laid at his feet unless an RP-court has said differently and even then his crime is only not understanding that his actions could be considered harassment/stalking/whatever he was charged with. (You'd think the man would learn after all those bans)

Well, I was mildly curious about your revival AWP, but I don't really care about raiding or defending beyond avoiding certain controversial players that are heavily involved with it and Govindia is one of those players. So add me to that list of players that will avoid your region (and any you have diplomatic ties with) while you allow him to remain among you.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:36 pm

People are entitled to their opinions, and perfectly entitled to stay clear of certain individuals they don't like for whatever reason. There's plenty of nations I've come across in NS where I've discovered I don't so much like the real life person behind them, some of them very unsavoury, but I just avoid them. If the admins don't consider them to have done something worthy of banning them from the game and they want to play it then their nation has to go somewhere, nothing any of us can do about that. If you have a serious concern then report them.

You'll have to forgive me for only caring about the interests of those within my region rather than some random nations who have shown up on this topic, and any such decision about a nations involvement in AWP would be dealt with entirely internally in consultation with those nations and involving absolutely noone else. If you're not in my region then you should probably give up expecting me to give your opinion any weight, sorry.

If you want a statement about who is in the region and who isn't then we've compiled a list - http://www.nationstates.net/region=0000 ... st_nations
If you want a statement about who is considered a member of the Citizens Assembly and able to contribute to the regions governance then we have another list - http://s3.zetaboards.com/A_World_Power/topic/7838663/1/
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Asy
Secretary

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Glad to see AWP is rebuilding and is having success! Good luck :)
Hierarch of Equinox
Equinox Hall of Fame Member

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 pm

I see that Govindia is no longer masked as a citizen. I can see why Cormac was voted most influential. ;)
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Jakker wrote:I see that Govindia is no longer masked as a citizen. I can see why Cormac was voted most influential. ;)

Well, it was actually Knot II who brought that masking to our attention :p

Can we keep discussion about moderation off this thread, already ongoing discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=364607&start=50
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:
Jakker wrote:I see that Govindia is no longer masked as a citizen. I can see why Cormac was voted most influential. ;)

Well, it was actually Knot II who brought that masking to our attention :p

Actually, I think it was me who did so by questioning the masking via proper channels before Knot even posted that screenshot. Really, this whole matter could have been settled rather easily and quickly, but then nobody could score political points.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Really, this whole matter could have been settled rather easily and quickly, but then nobody could score political points.

Welcome to NS Politics, the sideshow where everything's made up and the points don't matter!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay