NATION

PASSWORD

The Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Railana
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:This was never the Cormac show in the first place, and it certainly isn't now.

Of course it is. If an unelected delegate retains absolute veto power -- and intends to actively use it, unlike in modern Western constitutional monarchies -- then the "Council of Scribes" is nothing more than a puppet legislature. You have all the real power. Own your despotism!
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:05 pm

The Ghost of Festavo wrote:
Consular wrote:The inclusion of Neo Kervoskia and Dalimbar in your government is just fascinating on so many levels.

Especially considering that the whole basis for this "Transition Government" is that Jesus Whale is untrustworthy because a long time ago a region he was in opposed the OFO.

I don't believe we'll be seeing Dalimbar or Neo Kervoskia ascend to the delegacy any time soon, but thank you for the concern.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
The Ghost of Festavo wrote:Especially considering that the whole basis for this "Transition Government" is that Jesus Whale is untrustworthy because a long time ago a region he was in opposed the OFO.

I don't believe we'll be seeing Dalimbar or Neo Kervoskia ascend to the delegacy any time soon, but thank you for the concern.

I believe you might possibly be completely missing the point.

Falapatorius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Falapatorius » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Consular wrote:The difference is obviously that those three members know what's best for Osiris and nobody else does.

Apparently. I certainly don't. Benevolence is confusing. :unsure:

Vrij osiris
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrij osiris » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Cormac and Koth couped their own December 2013 coup regime because they feared someone else was going to coup their December 2013 coup regime and in doing so have installed into government the people that their December 2013 coup was created to remove. :blink:

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Congratulations to those appointed.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:29 am

Jeffersonborg wrote:Includes the best parts of The Empire as well with Dali and NK! :D

Well of course, clearly this is all an Empire plot to tighten their hold on Osiris, and why so many feeders choose to remain neutral in the matter, because as us super elites all know most feeders are controlled or heavily influenced by the Empire. Todd's article awhile back was all clever misinformation to cover a data leak.

#IlluminatiConfirmed
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:33 am

Pierconium wrote:Congratulations to those appointed.

Agreed, good luck to all of you.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:29 am

A puppet legislature and a cabinet filed with your friends and supports. Wait was this not same thing you accused Jesus Whale of trying to do? :roll:
Oh and Cormac what happened to not appointing a predator user for scribe of war? That was so important for you during the elections. As far as I can see Koth was punished during the whole predator incident.
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Plagentine
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Plagentine » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:16 am

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012

Postby Louisistan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 am

Cormactopia II wrote:
Louisistan wrote:One could, but one would run the risk of me laughing so hard that Max could here it down in Australia.
Took you long enough to drag us into this.

Actually, TITO took a very heavy-handed approach to the founding of Osiris, basically telling all of NationStates that the birth of Osiran government would be on their terms without any consultation with or input from other parties that had already begun investing in Osiris. In fact, it's my understanding that TITO was openly hostile to others who were taking an interest in Osiris, because some of them were known raiders. TITO then completely abandoned Osiris, to the point that TITO leadership even refused to provide assistance to the Kemetic Republic of Osiris against the July 2013 coup d'etat by The Dourian Embassy, again because Osiris' self-determined alignment and leadership were not acceptable to the ideological absolutists of TITO.

Contrast this with the political foundation of Balder, in which competition between the UDL and Europeia eventually gave way to cooperation not only between them but with others who had shown interest in Balder, and many of the people from the UDL, Europeia, etc., remained involved in Balder and invested in its future. Some of them became more invested in Balder, over the long term, than to the regions that initially brought them into Balder.

You do see very different beginnings for both regions, and you can look at the differences in how they started and see similarities between their first days and their ensuing political trajectories. I don't think it's a stretch to say that TITO could have handled the birth of Osiris better and bears some responsibility for the instability that followed.

Fortunately, the responsibility that TITO first insisted upon exclusively seizing for themselves, then abruptly abdicated, has been taken up by more responsible Osirans who will not abandon the region and its native community to chaos.

I'm not going through a full-on discussion of TITO's actions during the birth of Osiris because
a) I wasn't there
b) I'm not authorised to speak on behalf of TITO

I am aware of TITO's actions after Osiris was created. I wasn't around, so I can't determine whether someone was "openly hostile to others who were taking an interest in Osiris, because some of them were known raiders". If they were, that shouldn't really be a surprise. We've never pretended to be some super-impartial mega-neutral force. We've always been clear about our stance towards raiders.

My original post was simply pointing out the flaws in EW's claim that "XKI started the troubles in Osiris by their forceful intervention". Years have passed since then and a lot has happened in Osiris since then. Drawing a straight line from TITO's actions after Osiris' creation to what is happening now ignores a myriad of things which has happened in between and is about as valid as claiming that crusaders are to blame for the current refugee crisis. There may be a link but through the years, so many variables have influenced the matter that drawing that link now is simplistic at best.

As for your claim that TITO has abandoned Osiris, New Rogernomics already said the important things. It was a never our intent to colonise Osiris. An election was held, Osiris got its own government, and TITO withdrew. Osiris determined (as you said) its own alignment and leadership. And again, we've always been clear about our stance on raiders. Osiris chose to align itself with raiders, knowing full well that there would be no assistance or protection from TITO in the event of a coup. You can't blame us for the choices Osiris made.
Knight of TITO

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:17 am

Louisistan wrote:And again, we've always been clear about our stance on raiders. Osiris chose to align itself with raiders, knowing full well that there would be no assistance or protection from TITO in the event of a coup. You can't blame us for the choices Osiris made.

This is also the same TITO that claimed UDL was an invader group and sent TITO Knights as ambassadors to The North Pacific because they felt the region had become too raider for their liking, and thus non-military members could not be trusted to represent TITO there. Too much raider taint, you see.

Basically, TITO's view on the outside world can be rightly summarized as such:

This paranoid world view is what motivated them to invade and attempt to subjugate intervene in Osiris to start with.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:49 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Louisistan wrote:And again, we've always been clear about our stance on raiders. Osiris chose to align itself with raiders, knowing full well that there would be no assistance or protection from TITO in the event of a coup. You can't blame us for the choices Osiris made.

This is also the same TITO that claimed UDL was an invader group and sent TITO Knights as ambassadors to The North Pacific because they felt the region had become too raider for their liking, and thus non-military members could not be trusted to represent TITO there. Too much raider taint, you see.

I'm hardly TITO's #1 fan, but I don't think that this is a fair criticism. You always want more experienced hands for a more complex assignment. Given that 10ki-TNP relations were in turmoil due to some disagreements, primarily between 10KI and yourself, it's fair that they sought out someone more experienced.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:59 am

Guy wrote:I'm hardly TITO's #1 fan, but I don't think that this is a fair criticism. You always want more experienced hands for a more complex assignment. Given that 10ki-TNP relations were in turmoil due to some disagreements, primarily between 10KI and yourself, it's fair that they sought out someone more experienced.

If I recall correctly, and I do, TITO was spamming up TNP with puppets constantly moving back and forth between TNP and XKI, thus generating multiple direct links to their region, all in an effort to subvert the "No Spam" policy I had in place as Delegate. These puppets were rightly banned with the promise to unban them if the individuals simply apologized, which they never did. XKI then threw a fit and close their embassy with TNP...many months after I had already stepped down as Delegate and after my successor has rather naively and needlessly apologized to XKI. Talk about a delayed reaction.

No, TITO's motives were pretty clear. To directly quote Anime D:

For TNP, we are specifically looking for a TITO Knight as emissary. This is because TNP has many invaders in it, even some of the ex-delegates are invaders.

Yeah, I'm thinking TITO's problem was more systemic than just "We don't like that Blue Wolf character". They honestly viewed, and probably still view, TNP as a pro-raider region.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:00 am

Pierconium wrote:Congratulations to those appointed.

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Agreed, good luck to all of you.

Thank you both!
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012

Postby Louisistan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:06 am

What Guy said. Also - and let's be absolutely clear about this - TITO doesn't send Ambassdors anywhere. That's the Delegate's prerogative and only the delegate's prerogative. The Delegate is part of the regional government and (usually) not part of TITO Command. And as Guy has pointed out, choosing experienced players for certain, more complex, diplomatic assignments is a common practice in XKI. I have been known to do the same thing, regardless of a region's Gameplay alignment.

But yeah, XKI doesn't like raiders. You've grasped the basic concept so there's really no need to take this discussion any further. The rest of your post is the ususal hostility towards TITO that was to be expected of you, so no need to go into more detail there either.

and probably still view, TNP as a pro-raider region.
I'll thank you to not put words in my mouth or that of my regionmates.
Knight of TITO

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:56 am

Cormactopia II wrote:
Louisistan wrote:One could, but one would run the risk of me laughing so hard that Max could here it down in Australia.
Took you long enough to drag us into this.

Actually, TITO took a very heavy-handed approach to the founding of Osiris, basically telling all of NationStates that the birth of Osiran government would be on their terms without any consultation with or input from other parties that had already begun investing in Osiris. In fact, it's my understanding that TITO was openly hostile to others who were taking an interest in Osiris, because some of them were known raiders. TITO then completely abandoned Osiris, to the point that TITO leadership even refused to provide assistance to the Kemetic Republic of Osiris against the July 2013 coup d'etat by The Dourian Embassy, again because Osiris' self-determined alignment and leadership were not acceptable to the ideological absolutists of TITO.

Contrast this with the political foundation of Balder, in which competition between the UDL and Europeia eventually gave way to cooperation not only between them but with others who had shown interest in Balder, and many of the people from the UDL, Europeia, etc., remained involved in Balder and invested in its future. Some of them became more invested in Balder, over the long term, than to the regions that initially brought them into Balder.

You do see very different beginnings for both regions, and you can look at the differences in how they started and see similarities between their first days and their ensuing political trajectories. I don't think it's a stretch to say that TITO could have handled the birth of Osiris better and bears some responsibility for the instability that followed.

Fortunately, the responsibility that TITO first insisted upon exclusively seizing for themselves, then abruptly abdicated, has been taken up by more responsible Osirans who will not abandon the region and its native community to chaos.

I'm not sure this is accurate. TITO's involvement in Osiris was always upon the premise that it will organise elections, and pass on the region to whoever won those.

I do not believe there was any restrictions as to the choice of candidates, nor did electors face any restrictions. The rules were applied evenly to anyone.

What was problematic with TITO's involvement is that, while equally fair (or unfair) to everyone, the manner in which they conducted the election at times fell short of best practice. There was a (neutral) ballot collector (AMOM, I believe?), and you had to be WA in Osiris to participate.
Last edited by Guy on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:52 am

Congratultions! o/
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 am

Any chance you folks could take the whole TITO/TNP/UDL mess to a different thread now that it's evolved past Osiris-founding stuff, which even then was a stretch in being relevant to the present state of the Osiris Fraternal Order.

Happy to see order restored to the region, though.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:28 am

Kyorgia brought this up earlier, but he was promptly ignored. I am going to assume you did not see his post and just bring this up again. During the campaign for Pharaoh you asked every candidate if they would nominate anybody serving a punishment for Predator usage as Scribe of War. It should be noted that you very clearly did not want a former Predator user as Scribe of War. I believe you may have said it could make or break your support for a candidate even. I would go find a link to this, but it appears that those threads have been either deleted or hidden.

Your nominee for Scribe of War is Kothles. Koth is very qualified. I will not dispute that. The issue I have is that he is currently serving a punishment for using Predator. You have made it very clear in the past that you find the concept of a former Predator user being Scribe of War while serving a punishment to be wrong or dishonorable or something like that. Why this change of heart?
Legatus in The Roman Empire
Minister of Communications in Europeia
Stationmaster Emeritus of Grand Central
Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Retired Sergeant in The Black Hawks and recipient of the Arms of Glory medal
Senator in Europeia x2
Various less significant jobs

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:43 am

The Ghost of Festavo wrote:Kyorgia brought this up earlier, but he was promptly ignored. I am going to assume you did not see his post and just bring this up again. During the campaign for Pharaoh you asked every candidate if they would nominate anybody serving a punishment for Predator usage as Scribe of War. It should be noted that you very clearly did not want a former Predator user as Scribe of War. I believe you may have said it could make or break your support for a candidate even. I would go find a link to this, but it appears that those threads have been either deleted or hidden.

Your nominee for Scribe of War is Kothles. Koth is very qualified. I will not dispute that. The issue I have is that he is currently serving a punishment for using Predator. You have made it very clear in the past that you find the concept of a former Predator user being Scribe of War while serving a punishment to be wrong or dishonorable or something like that. Why this change of heart?

Obviously, not seeing the posts myself I can not state anything definitive about what Cormac might have said, but for myself, I see a difference between those at the very top of the punishment list and those towards the bottom. Many of those at the top filed GHRs with admin explaining their usage and assisted in the overall resolution (I believe). I think there are several nations on that list that were a party to Predator without knowledge of its legal status and once it was revealed came clean about it.

Ignorance is not a defense, to be sure, but the differentiation in severity of punishment should be a consideration before we as a community decide to blacklist certain individuals. At least, that is my opinion as an outside observer.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:54 am

Pierconium wrote:
The Ghost of Festavo wrote:Kyorgia brought this up earlier, but he was promptly ignored. I am going to assume you did not see his post and just bring this up again. During the campaign for Pharaoh you asked every candidate if they would nominate anybody serving a punishment for Predator usage as Scribe of War. It should be noted that you very clearly did not want a former Predator user as Scribe of War. I believe you may have said it could make or break your support for a candidate even. I would go find a link to this, but it appears that those threads have been either deleted or hidden.

Obviously, not seeing the posts myself I can not state anything definitive about what Cormac might have said, but for myself, I see a difference between those at the very top of the punishment list and those towards the bottom. Many of those at the top filed GHRs with admin explaining their usage and assisted in the overall resolution (I believe). I think there are several nations on that list that were a party to Predator without knowledge of its legal status and once it was revealed came clean about it.

Ignorance is not a defense, to be sure, but the differentiation in severity of punishment should be a consideration before we as a community decide to blacklist certain individuals. At least, that is my opinion as an outside observer.

I am asking Cormac about why he seems to have had a change of heart. He did specify top of the list or bottom. He very clearly did not want any person associated with predator to be Scribe of War until their punishment was up at least.
Senator in Europeia x2

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:13 am

Perhaps he meant only users after Halcones' DOS? Koth hasn't used it since TBR.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Perhaps he meant only users after Halcones' DOS? Koth hasn't used it since TBR.

He made it pretty clear that anybody serving a sentence for using predator should not be Scribe of War. Cut and dry. I guess he felt that if the mods saw it as wrong enough for the user to serve a sentence then that person should not be SoW or Vizier.
Senator in Europeia x2

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 am

The Ghost of Festavo wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Perhaps he meant only users after Halcones' DOS? Koth hasn't used it since TBR.

He made it pretty clear that anybody serving a sentence for using predator should not be Scribe of War. Cut and dry. I guess he felt that if the mods saw it as wrong enough for the user to serve a sentence then that person should not be SoW or Vizier.

Maybe he just changed his mind? I dare say it would not be the first instance of him doing so...
Tyrant (Ret.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay