NATION

PASSWORD

Find-A-Region Megathread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Dalakar wrote:
Alcase wrote:Yes, we are a Modern-Tech RP. It is locked to secure our region against raiders and the such, as we don't wish to engage in R&D.

Despite that, we are active everyday and typically have about 3-4 RP's up at any given time.

Could you send me the password?

Unfortunately, we don't give out the password to just anyone. You will have to apply to our Sign-up thread.
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Alcase wrote:
Dalakar wrote:
Could you send me the password?

Unfortunately, we don't give out the password to just anyone. You will have to apply to our Sign-up thread.

Sounds like a hassle. I'll put you guys in the dossier though.

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Ormata wrote:Hello,

Greater Ixnay is an active, modern-tech region. No fantasy, no magic.

Looking for a slightly more active region. I'll dossier you guys for the summer though when I presume activity will pick up.

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:35 pm

So Western Isles. No fantasy, no magic?

Nylos
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nylos » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Ipland wrote:
Dalakar wrote:Hey there. I was on Nationstates for a few years mostly just answering issues, occasionally interacting with region mates. I fell off the wagon for a few years back and my old nation CTE'ed.

I got into RP recently and I was wondering if any of you knew of an active RP region on NS I could join.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

The Western Isles is an active, realistic region that likes to RP.

Wow, that is a really big place!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

NE can into RP since recently :shock:
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

If you live steampunk, semi-magic rp where you have your own nation, you should join the Commonwealth of Unified Nations. We're very active, in-depth rp, and a map + forums
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Dalakar wrote:
Ipland wrote:
The Western Isles is an active, realistic region that likes to RP.

So realistic as in a modern setting or as an Earth setting with no fantasy or magic types?

Modern setting. No fantasy/magic, it's a Modern Tech region
[align=center]Ipland

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Dalakar wrote:
Ormata wrote:Hello,

Greater Ixnay is an active, modern-tech region. No fantasy, no magic.

Looking for a slightly more active region. I'll dossier you guys for the summer though when I presume activity will pick up.

Why not make one?

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Ipland wrote:
Dalakar wrote:
So realistic as in a modern setting or as an Earth setting with no fantasy or magic types?

Nice! No signup walls?

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Jadwell wrote:
Dalakar wrote:

Why not make one?

Was the plan if I couldn't find one. Also it takes a while to generate activity. Figure I might as well just add to an already active place.

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:39 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:If you live steampunk, semi-magic rp where you have your own nation, you should join the Commonwealth of Unified Nations. We're very active, in-depth rp, and a map + forums

Will definitely dossier you guys for the summer.

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Dalakar wrote:
Ipland wrote:

Nice! No signup walls?

Well there's no password to enter, but to get on the map you just have to Telegram the founder, with the location you like, and he'll set you up.
(It's not a map of Earth)
[align=center]Ipland

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Ipland wrote:
Dalakar wrote:
Nice! No signup walls?

Well there's no password to enter, but to get on the map you just have to Telegram the founder, with the location you like, and he'll set you up.

That's fine. Sounds good.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Feel free to keep adding more. I looked at all of them and put you all in my dossier. :)

Revitallia
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revitallia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Dalakar wrote:
Ipland wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Feel free to keep adding more. I looked at all of them and put you all in my dossier. :)

Well, The Democratic Union of Republics is a very active region of about 73 nations. We have a map (of Earth), constantly do regional RPs (actually have a Zombie, WW3, and another one going on simultaneously), and usually don't have a password. We do right now, for the Z-Day event, but if you want I could see about getting you in before the actual event, or you could wait until after.

We're in the middle of a delegate election right now, and have a very extensive political system where it is easy for one to gain influence, including Ministry positions and a Senate.

As far as tech goes, for the most part its just Modern Tech, but the WW3 RP dabbles in some Post-Modern Tech (but very, very little).

But for RP, we're really active in that sense. A little less so recently because of the elections, but sometimes we can have 50+ messages in a day that just have to do with RP stuff.

I'll also add that WA-membership is heavily encouraged, but there's no penalty for not having it.

Dalakar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalakar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Revitallia wrote:
Dalakar wrote:

Well, The Democratic Union of Republics is a very active region of about 73 nations. We have a map (of Earth), constantly do regional RPs (actually have a Zombie, WW3, and another one going on simultaneously), and usually don't have a password. We do right now, for the Z-Day event, but if you want I could see about getting you in before the actual event, or you could wait until after.

We're in the middle of a delegate election right now, and have a very extensive political system where it is easy for one to gain influence, including Ministry positions and a Senate.

As far as tech goes, for the most part its just Modern Tech, but the WW3 RP dabbles in some Post-Modern Tech (but very, very little).

But for RP, we're really active in that sense. A little less so recently because of the elections, but sometimes we can have 50+ messages in a day that just have to do with RP stuff.

I'll also add that WA-membership is heavily encouraged, but there's no penalty for not having it.

Added. In a SW region rn.

2nd Thij Empire
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd Thij Empire » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:55 pm

I want to find a roleplay region with a map and that is not over 20 nations.

Zoroland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoroland » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 pm

2nd thij empire wrote:I want to find a roleplay region with a map and that is not over 20 nations.

You should join The New Alteran Empire. We have an 1890s-early 1900s RP currently going on, and there's still plenty of room on the map. You'll certainly find your place in our region, and we always love it when new nations join.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Milk for the Khorne Flakes!
Pro: Waterslides
Anti: People against waterslides

Morduk
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Morduk » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:31 am

Looking for a small region, of 9-12 nations, with casual roleplay, and a regional government.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 am

Some of you are looking for regions that are far too small. You have to remember that in user-created regions only about 10% of nations are actually active (don't quote me on that). That means that 90% of nations are just waiting to CTE or only log in once a day to answer an issue and nothing more. Hence, if you say you're looking for a region that has about 20 active roleplayers, then you should probably be looking for a region that has about 200 member nations.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Malaguenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaguenia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:07 pm

2nd thij empire wrote:I want to find a roleplay region with a map and that is not over 20 nations.

You could try Greater Olympus which has a map, but only slightly over 20 nations but not all of them are active.
I don't use NS Stats, but if the stats make sense for my nation then go ahead and stop complaining about the fake taxes
Pro: Punishing corporations that commit crimes, Nuclear Power, , Switzerland, Science, Singapore's cleanliness and conduct policies, Space exploration, Cultural nationalism, moderate capitalism

Anti: , Mass immigration/refugees, Justin Trudeau, Diesel in cars, Equal wages, Crony capitalism Welfare for lazy people, Artificial additives, EU, Bombing Countries Without a good reason, Chavs, Jeremy Corbyn, Internet Surveillance, Regressive Leftism, Safe Spaces, Pseudoscience, Hillary Clinton, Hard-drugs, Bill Nye, Non-binary genders,
Antifa
Economic 1.63
Social -2.87
Looking for a MT region that has good detailed map and friendly players? Then try Greater Olympus

Slagia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Slagia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello. I'm looking for a region with a nice map where I could choose exactly how my territory would be mapped, rather than choose from a couple of already drawn provinces. Ideally it would be a Google My Maps map. The region shouldn't mind me being a sexists totalitarian nation and wouldn't require me to join the WA. Preferably from around 50 to 350 players.

Norrland and Nordic Lands both fit those requirements, but they don't want me there. So I'd really appreciate it if you could suggest me similar regions.
Last edited by Slagia on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Theocracy of Slagia
The land where Men rule and women know their place.
NS stats are not used
Factbook
Pro: Totalitarianism, centrism, patriarchy, misogyny, female enslavement, rape, violence against women, LGBTQIA, Nordic capitalism.
Con: Feminism, women's rights, misandry, same-sex adoption, homosexual marriage.

Revitallia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Revitallia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Slagia wrote:Hello. I'm looking for a region with a nice map where I could choose exactly how my territory would be mapped, rather than choose from a couple of already drawn provinces. Ideally it would be a Google My Maps map. The region shouldn't mind me being a sexists totalitarian nation and wouldn't require me to join the WA. Preferably from around 50 to 350 players.

Norrland and Nordic Lands both fit those requirements, but they don't want me there. So I'd really appreciate it if you could suggest me similar regions.

How about The Democratic Union of Republics? We've got about 70 members right now, and citizenship is easy, just a small check-in before it's granted to you. We're a pretty active community with a world map where you can choose your own territory. WA Membership isn't required, but it is strongly encouraged. I'm currently the delegate, and working to present non-WA nations with more political freedoms (currently only WA can vote or run for any office, or present any legislature, but I'm trying to change that).

Do you mind if I ask why Norrland and Nordic Lands rejected you?

Slagia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Slagia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Revitallia wrote:
Slagia wrote:Hello. I'm looking for a region with a nice map where I could choose exactly how my territory would be mapped, rather than choose from a couple of already drawn provinces. Ideally it would be a Google My Maps map. The region shouldn't mind me being a sexists totalitarian nation and wouldn't require me to join the WA. Preferably from around 50 to 350 players.

How about The Democratic Union of Republics? We've got about 70 members right now, and citizenship is easy, just a small check-in before it's granted to you. We're a pretty active community with a world map where you can choose your own territory. WA Membership isn't required, but it is strongly encouraged. I'm currently the delegate, and working to present non-WA nations with more political freedoms (currently only WA can vote or run for any office, or present any legislature, but I'm trying to change that).

Your region does seem quite interesting, but I'm certainly not a fan of the map. It seems like I'd have to choose from a bunch of provinces that are already there? It's also very small, I can't even see what there's to choose from in Europe.

As for Nordic Lands, they got offended by my factbooks, which were very misogynist, violent and broke the PG-13 rule several times. I also got high and was a bit silly and cheeky with them, while they thought I was deliberately trolling them. So yeah, now they're really angry at me, even though I didn't mean to offend them at all. Norrland's founder and Chancellor saw all of that and thinks the same of my nation, and is afraid I might cause the same sort of chaos in his region. Although I am a citizen of Norrland with my main nation and have been behaving.

I have learned though, that people on this site, including the moderators, are overly-serious and way too sensitive, so I will be trying my best to not offend anyone from now on. I have no other choice as I'll be permanently banned if I don't. So don't worry about me wrecking your region, I don't intend to do that at all. I just need a nice map to role-play around in my factbooks. Any other RPs outside of that don't interest me as much, but I certainly would get involved if I had more time.
Last edited by Slagia on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Theocracy of Slagia
The land where Men rule and women know their place.
NS stats are not used
Factbook
Pro: Totalitarianism, centrism, patriarchy, misogyny, female enslavement, rape, violence against women, LGBTQIA, Nordic capitalism.
Con: Feminism, women's rights, misandry, same-sex adoption, homosexual marriage.

Revitallia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Revitallia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Slagia wrote:
Revitallia wrote:

Your region does seem quite interesting, but I'm certainly not a fan of the map. It seems like I'd have to choose from a bunch of provinces that are already there? It's also very small, I can't even see what there's to choose from in Europe.

As for Nordic Lands, they got offended by my factbooks, which were very misogynist, violent and broke the PG-13 rule several times. I also got high and was a bit silly and cheeky with them, while they thought I was deliberately trolling them. So yeah, now they're really angry at me, even though I didn't mean to offend them at all. Norrland's founder and Chancellor saw all of that and thinks the same of my nation, and is afraid I might cause the same sort of chaos in his region. Although I am a citizen of Norrland with my main nation and have been behaving.

I have learned though, that people on this site, including the moderators, are overly-serious and way too sensitive, so I will be trying my best to not offend anyone from now on. I have no other choice as I'll be permanently banned if I don't. So don't worry about me wrecking your region, I don't intend to do that at all. I just need a nice map to role-play around in my factbooks. Any other RPs outside of that don't interest me as much, but I certainly would get involved if I had more time.

I suppose that's not too bad.

As far as the map goes, most people just choose a bunch of provinces, however your are also able to draw your own lines. Myself and another nation in Africa made a territory exchange agreement where we split Tanzania along the 8th parallel. It's flexible.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay