NATION

PASSWORD

Find-A-Region Megathread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nordwalsh
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nordwalsh » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:56 pm

Dau Sel wrote:Hello! You might enjoy Greater Olympus.

I've been in GO in the past; really enjoyed some of the concepts, but the strict regional government and calculator min-maxing just wasn't for me after a while. Thanks though.
[Asherionic Federation of Wazheganon and Uxanduvate of Zanzali (MT - Ajax)]
[Links]

Maawald
Civilian

Founded: Nov 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Maawald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:44 am

Looking for a modern tech RP region, fantasy races are fine, just no magic or interstellar empires. The region shouldn't be too strict on RP, (allow using real-life/fictional/anime as characters) but still realism oriented. Preferably have a map. Open to both national and character RP. And would let me run my little North Korea inspired tinpot dictatorship. It would be great if it was an active one, since most "active" regions only have like one RP a month.

Mapledale
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mapledale » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:28 am

Looking for a medieval tech region like Game of thrones. Active, pvp eligible

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:30 am

Hydraconia wrote:Hey all, are there any decently active RP communities here? All the regions I join that label themselves as such end up having like 1 active thread every 2 months. I'm pretty open to most themes and settings, just disheartened after having searched for a while :(

Perhaps you would be interested in the Institute of Cellulose?
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

King Isles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby King Isles » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am

Mapledale wrote:Looking for a medieval tech region like Game of thrones. Active, pvp eligible

We do any timeline in The Official United Nations.
But please don't do the RP on the RMB, save that for our forums
Founder of The Coalition

Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaak » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:11 am

Looking for a medieval or modern region with delegacy open.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

King Isles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby King Isles » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:47 am

Yaak wrote:Looking for a medieval or modern region with delegacy open.

Well, in The Official United Nations there is no rule about being Delegate so you might one day become Delegate. Also our map is medieval, however you can't Roleplay on The RMB, we have regional forums for RP
Founder of The Coalition

Trovons
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trovons » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Yaak wrote:Looking for a medieval or modern region with delegacy open.

Trovons maintains an active, modern RP and also hosts free, open Delegate Elections every four months or so with a democratically-elected legislature as well.
Trovons (aka Freedomanica)
Founder of the Crown Republic of Trovons and the Kingdom of Fylkirvegr

DolphinDog
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby DolphinDog » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:13 am

Looking for a region raiding region

I used to play a long time ago and am back for more

Porflox
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 24, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Porflox » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:57 pm

DolphinDog wrote:Looking for a region raiding region

10000 islands might be for you :) We don't raid though. Instead, our defender military (TITO) helps defend innocent communities from being disrupted, or sometimes even destroyed entirely. It's a similar experience to raiding (as we use the same gameplay mechanics are they do), and I'm sure you'll find it fun and enjoyable!
All views are my own unless otherwise stated

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Porflox wrote:
DolphinDog wrote:Looking for a region raiding region

10000 islands might be for you :) We don't raid though. Instead, our defender military (TITO) helps defend innocent communities from being disrupted, or sometimes even destroyed entirely. It's a similar experience to raiding (as we use the same gameplay mechanics are they do), and I'm sure you'll find it fun and enjoyable!

10000 Islands is the complete opposite of raiding and what DolphinDog is looking for :P

The three raider orgs off the top of my head you might like are
-Tha Black Hawks
-Lone Wolves United
-Lily

Votumnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012

Postby Votumnia » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:27 am

Recently returned from the grave, looking for a fairly active region, must have a map (ideally not an alternative earth and with room for an island nation). RP and Discord would be nice but not necessary, I mostly want to build my nation's factbook from scratch and fit in a decent place. :)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:45 am

Votumnia wrote:Recently returned from the grave, looking for a fairly active region, must have a map (ideally not an alternative earth and with room for an island nation). RP and Discord would be nice but not necessary, I mostly want to build my nation's factbook from scratch and fit in a decent place. :)

International Democratic Union might suit you. Fairly active (We're just changing our regional government over from OOC to IC, and also are just starting this year's IC 'International Film Festival' in which players can show off their nations' cultures), we have a map (not with RL Earth's continents & seas, although it's an 'Earth' for matters like astronomical position, size, lengths of day & year, and so on...), we have both a Discord and an offsite forum (that already has sections in which people can talk about various aspects of their nations), and we're very friendly.
:)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Votumnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012

Postby Votumnia » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Votumnia wrote:Recently returned from the grave, looking for a fairly active region, must have a map (ideally not an alternative earth and with room for an island nation). RP and Discord would be nice but not necessary, I mostly want to build my nation's factbook from scratch and fit in a decent place. :)

International Democratic Union might suit you. Fairly active (We're just changing our regional government over from OOC to IC, and also are just starting this year's IC 'International Film Festival' in which players can show off their nations' cultures), we have a map (not with RL Earth's continents & seas, although it's an 'Earth' for matters like astronomical position, size, lengths of day & year, and so on...), we have both a Discord and an offsite forum (that already has sections in which people can talk about various aspects of their nations), and we're very friendly.
:)

I am definitely going to give it a look, sounds close to what I want. Thanks!

Itapoli
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Have a map, do you have a region?

Postby Itapoli » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:02 am

Hi there,

I have made a map, but dont really want to run a region. So... is there a region, that could need a non-earth map with space for approx. 60 nations? It should be a region without war/expansions RP, because maintaining the map should not get a full-time job. I also would prefer a region with modern tech and a some realism (no aliens, fantasy, fantasy races etc.)

Take a look at the map here: Small Globe. Feel free to contact me for any questions: Itapoli.

Wormfodder Delivery
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wormfodder Delivery » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:07 am

You could make it open to applicants on Factbooks and National Information without a region requirement
NS Stats do not count, unless it is funny.
The Transcripts canonically do not exist and merely serve to make the garbled Wormsspeak readable.
Canon Policies.
Open to RP, send me Telegrams, Pretty much compatible with everything.
Powerlevel of 4,5 according to this classification
Industrial Age Schizotech and Proud
Zero tolerance for godmodders and no effortposters are nearing that too.
The Wormfodder Delivery Service, bringing Wormfodder to you, whereever you are.
I also am currently making a pocket guide on how to have a good time on F7, as well one on (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.
Ask the many questions us here, though answers aren't guaranteed~
Get the latest, hottest news at WDSNN, the best News source of the next dimension!
It is now safe to keep playing.

Itapoli
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Itapoli » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:17 am

Wormfodder Delivery wrote:You could make it open to applicants on Factbooks and National Information without a region requirement

I was thinking about that, too. If I do not find a region that fits well, I might go in that direction. But I also like to have a home in a region with a nice community.

Kalmk
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmk » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Does a nation have to be in a region?
I'm a returning player, but in the past I never got around the 'answer issues' phase. I want to flesh out my nation a bit more, although I'm not looking to RP right now.
I made a map for my nation, situating it just below the Arctic Circle at the prime meridian.

My factbook is still WIP.

Thanks for the info.

Islahh
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Islahh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:38 pm

Looking for an alt history region RP

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 am

Itapoli wrote:
Wormfodder Delivery wrote:You could make it open to applicants on Factbooks and National Information without a region requirement

I was thinking about that, too. If I do not find a region that fits well, I might go in that direction. But I also like to have a home in a region with a nice community.

That is a good suggestion from Wormfodder. You could have an RP or series of RPs based on that map with nations that don't need to make a regional commitment. However, it looks like your Small Globe region is using the map. Is Small Globe scrubbing that map and starting over?

Generally, most regions have already started their own maps and a lot of times nations in those regions dictate their own shapes and sizes in order to help fill out the map.
So while someone might take you up on a fully drawn map, chances are slim. It is pretty. What program did you use for it?
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Parthonopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthonopia » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:35 pm

In search of an active, closed world non Earth RP region with a decent map. I want to RP and not have to retcon beyond what is unavoidable so I'm looking for a stable region with an existing canon I may become apart of and add too. Preferably not off forum but Discords are cool, even preferred, for OOC communicating. TG if you might have a recommendation are shout me here, no worries either way. Hoping to find something good and get back into the NS RPing groove. Thanks!

House Handen
Civilian

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby House Handen » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:23 am

Hello I’m looking for a medieval fantasy roleplay region that doesn’t require stuff like joining discord, wa, and offsite forums.
Last edited by House Handen on Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cascadia and Columbia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadia and Columbia » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:15 am

Hello there. I've been roleplaying on nationstates for years, but ever since my main role-play region died, I've been a bit homeless region wise. I'm looking for a historical and realistic role-play region that's active, and operates mainly on the RMB. I'd also prefer time to pass week by week or month by month instead of the usual yearly tick. I find that a month per day progression allows for a more detailed RP, and gives time to do wars, play characters, and really sit in the time period. As for time period, I'd do pretty much any era, and would even try a post-apocalyptic RP.

Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaak » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:50 am

I'm looking for a region for future issue writers alike.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:05 pm

Yaak wrote:I'm looking for a region for future issue writers alike.

Forest is home to a number of the Editors, maybe that would suit you?
... or you'd be welcome in International Democratic Union, which currently has one [retired?] editor and a couple of other successful authors (one of them being me), of course.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay