NATION

PASSWORD

Find-A-Region Megathread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thoonia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoonia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:32 pm

I haven't decided whether I will move yet, but a region that will let me write RP mostly solo) without being on a map and without too many rules would be ideal.

Thank you very much.

Vrakara
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrakara » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Alrighty... uh, let's see here...

I'll keep it simple;

- Fantasy RP with dank magic n' stuff, got a map. Preferably goes light on the gunpowder. I... dislike guns.

- Please, no NS stats. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. Please spare my poor foot.

- RMB or forum-based RP is the ideal setting. Discord-based RP is meh, but I can live with it if I must.

- Dragons are cool. RP characters that are legit dragons are also cool but might not fly with most people.

- The RP is centered around the broader country, not an individual character. But actually developed characters being present never hurt anybody.

Well, uh.
That's pretty much all I could ask for, methinks. I am willing to make a compromise if I have to. I don't bite.

not usually..

I don't have any problem with people telegramming me directly. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer that.
Last edited by Vrakara on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:34 am

Vrakara wrote:Alrighty... uh, let's see here...

I'll keep it simple;

- Fantasy RP with dank magic n' stuff, got a map. Preferably goes light on the gunpowder. I... dislike guns.

- Please, no NS stats. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. Please spare my poor foot.

- RMB or forum-based RP is the ideal setting. Discord-based RP is meh, but I can live with it if I must.

- Dragons are cool. RP characters that are legit dragons are also cool but might not fly with most people.

- The RP is centered around the broader country, not an individual character. But actually developed characters being present never hurt anybody.

Well, uh.
That's pretty much all I could ask for, methinks. I am willing to make a compromise if I have to. I don't bite.

not usually..

I don't have any problem with people telegramming me directly. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer that.

Try Xedas
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 am

Albennia wrote:
Albennia wrote:Looking for a non-Earth map, modern-tech, human-only region that isn't closed-world.

Still looking

Join us, we got all that and more. By more we mean we’re developing the world we’re on from the ancient all the way to the modern era.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Thoonia wrote:I haven't decided whether I will move yet, but a region that will let me write RP mostly solo) without being on a map and without too many rules would be ideal.

Thank you very much.

Kantrias actually has several nations that just do that. As much as the admin of the region (myself included) would prefer people join our forum and discord, we have a few nations that just post occasional updates on what is happening in their nation, sometimes interact with each other. We are pretty content to leave them be, and I quite enjoy reading about what their nation has been doing!

Quixvilireem
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Quixvilireem » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 am

Is there any good roleplay regions with an iron age tech level?
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=480713&p=36711327#p36711327
Please join this RP, it's my first forum based roleplay, it's a Bronze Age Civil War in an unusually advanced nation.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:59 am

Nah. Who cares about what used to be in this post? I don't.
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Porto Arrivo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Porto Arrivo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:02 am

Trying to find a rp set in the mid 19th century

The Cardwith Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Cardwith Islands » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 am

Porto Arrivo wrote:Trying to find a rp set in the mid 19th century

They don't come around often, but you're in LUCK.

EDIT: I should also add this isn't the place to search for RPs, so next time you should post HERE to do that. This thread is mostly for finding regions to move to, RP or otherwise.
Last edited by The Cardwith Islands on Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Porto Arrivo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Porto Arrivo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:52 am

Oh i meant a region

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:10 am

Porto Arrivo wrote:Oh i meant a region
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Albennia wrote:Still looking

Join us, we got all that and more. By more we mean we’re developing the world we’re on from the ancient all the way to the modern era.

Join us bro, we can do that, in fact I think some of us in the FoA are enthusiastic about a 19th Century Era RP.

egg

Perionland
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Perionland » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Looking for an active roleplay region of any size with a strong emphasis on global geopolitics and diplomacy.
Modern or 20th century tech.
Would be good if there was an active discord server.
I would like there to be an earth map.

I am also willing to work as a regional cartographer as I am well experienced in map-making.
Last edited by Perionland on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tia Regness
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tia Regness » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 am

Been out the game for a long time. looking for an active RP reigion preferably with discord or other off site area.
Modern tech or earlier
no future tech etc

Send me a telegram

The Greater Iran
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Iran » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:44 am

I posted this a few months back but found no suitable region, thought I should repost it in hope of maybe finding one this time.

I'm looking for:

Modern Tech (1970s tech and onwards).

Earth map based, fictional map is a no no for me.

Good and realistic RP quality, mild to non existent science fiction, no magic or 5 million soldiers invading a country halfway the globe away.

Government that values freedom of expression and is tolerant to all views.

Atleast Iran and all four parts of Kurdistan on map are unclaimed.

Active region (Activity on the RMB every week) with atleast 15 members
Last edited by The Greater Iran on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karteria
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 am

Perionland wrote:Looking for an active roleplay region of any size with a strong emphasis on global geopolitics and diplomacy.
Modern or 20th century tech.
Would be good if there was an active discord server.
I would like there to be an earth map.

I am also willing to work as a regional cartographer as I am well experienced in map-making.

The New West Indies would be a good fit for you. Our post-modern tech roleplay heavily focuses on international interactions. Our discord server is heavily active (though all roleplay is conducted on-site or the upcoming forum). Our map is based on earth.
World Assembly Delegate for the New West Indies region.

Eternal Cesken
Secretary

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Cesken » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Join J O J
I don't use NS stats and neither should you

Qaser
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qaser » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:54 am

Howdy, I'm looking for roleplay region set in 21th century. My need are:
- fictional map
- non-NS stats roleplay.
I'd also appreciate RMB roleplay, and moderately low region population (between let's say 20 and 150 nations). Also I'm wondering why forum (mainly GE&T) is dead, when I played NS 3 years ago it was full of life.

Karteria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Qaser wrote:Howdy, I'm looking for roleplay region set in 21th century. My need are:
- fictional map
- non-NS stats roleplay.
I'd also appreciate RMB roleplay, and moderately low region population (between let's say 20 and 150 nations). Also I'm wondering why forum (mainly GE&T) is dead, when I played NS 3 years ago it was full of life.

The New West Indies might be a good fit for you. While our primary roleplay takes place in the year ~2146 (PMT/FT), it happens on our RMB. Our map is based on earth, but we do not use NS stats. Our region's population is 120 nations, 52 of whom are citizens, and about half of those are role-players.

TLDR: We can be a good backup plan if you don't find somewhere better! :p

As for the forum, I'm unfamiliar with GE&T.

Qaser
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qaser » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Karteria wrote:
Qaser wrote:Howdy, I'm looking for roleplay region set in 21th century. My need are:
- fictional map
- non-NS stats roleplay.

The New West Indies might be a good fit for you. While our primary roleplay takes place in the year ~2146 (PMT/FT), it happens on our RMB. Our map is based on earth, but we do not use NS stats. Our region's population is 120 nations, 52 of whom are citizens, and about half of those are role-players.

Thanks! Gonna consider this if there wouldn't be better options. Time of RP doesn't really fit me, but, as you said, I'll treat this as backup plan.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Qaser wrote:
Karteria wrote:The New West Indies might be a good fit for you. While our primary roleplay takes place in the year ~2146 (PMT/FT), it happens on our RMB. Our map is based on earth, but we do not use NS stats. Our region's population is 120 nations, 52 of whom are citizens, and about half of those are role-players.

Thanks! Gonna consider this if there wouldn't be better options. Time of RP doesn't really fit me, but, as you said, I'll treat this as backup plan.

Join us, we RP any era, from Ancient all the way to FT. We're primarily forum-based RPers with a knack for shared history.

egg

The Soviet Federative State
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Federative State » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Hey, what's up guys?

It's been a while since I've RP'd, to the point where I can't even remember my main nation's name or password so I've have to create a new one, but I've been wondering what happened to most of the modern to mid 20th century roleplay regions? Ones such as Historia Novorum or Machtpolitik, it seems like those have just died.

And I can't seem to find a good alternative either, it seems a decent amount of servers are either extremely alt-history, already far too well established for me to just pop in and be like "hey, what's up", too distance of a tech, inactive or too focused on character roleplay rather than generalized domestic and diplomatic RP.

I'd appreciate any help in finding a solid fit for what I'm looking for.

Hekc
Civilian

Founded: Oct 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hekc » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi! I'm looking for a very small region. Somewhere I can keep up with current events. Somewhere with light role playing that doesn't mind having new role players. Mostly, I'm looking for a place to start understanding the game and maybe participate in more in-depth character playing. I have been solely issue playing for a few months now and I'd like to get more into the roleplaying aspect of the game! Lastly, it would be nice if the region was strictly on-site, but I wouldn't mind a region that uses discord

Karteria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Hekc wrote:Hi! I'm looking for a very small region. Somewhere I can keep up with current events. Somewhere with light role playing that doesn't mind having new role players. Mostly, I'm looking for a place to start understanding the game and maybe participate in more in-depth character playing. I have been solely issue playing for a few months now and I'd like to get more into the roleplaying aspect of the game! Lastly, it would be nice if the region was strictly on-site, but I wouldn't mind a region that uses discord

Hello there! I figure my region, the New West Indies, would be a good fit for you.

While I cannot claim that we are small—we have over a dozen active role-players—our roleplay is open to all different kinds of role-players, nation or character-specific. You could even make your own roleplay on our forum, if you're up to it.

We also have a discord where we discuss politics, current events, and anything else you please.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay